Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
At the beginning, some of the small rare Pokemon (like the Celebi I accidentally transferred regularly and nixed my chances of getting Zorua hurr durr) were hard to coax out of the bushes in just the right place before I refined my tehnique about ahlfway through and managed to catch everything in one go. My first try all I caught was Shroomish XD). I think I did more than 16, but the final amount of Pokemon were equivalent to that number of runs.
You can still get Zorua without the Relocator.

I got Zorua and Zoroark and I don't have the Relocator.

Just got a rash larvesta with htis IV spread.'

22-25 hp
29 atk
10 def
31 sp atk
10 spdef
25-29 spd

Should I keep it? keep in mind i am breeding more at this time, so respond quickly!
please.

22-25 hp
29 atk
10 def
31 sp atk
10 spdef
25-29 spd

Should I keep it? keep in mind i am breeding more at this time, so respond quickly!
please.
Unless you're doing a mixed Volcarona (...), you should probably try for a better nature than Rash. It hurts your ability to Quiver Dance.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

22-25 hp
29 atk
10 def
31 sp atk
10 spdef
25-29 spd

please.
Depends. If you're battling Smogonites with it, go for a better nature. For random matchup or Battle Subway, it's fine. If a Hardy Virizion can sweep teams with no IV over 20 (true story), this will kick ass.

An event Zoroark with Snarl was given away in Japan a few months earlier, but I think it's over now. Other than that, I don't think Zorua and Zoroark are obtainable outside of that and the Relocated legendary beasts and Celebi.
You're shown a Zorua somewhere, and N uses a Zoroark. Just toss a Litwick on the GTS and ask for one, some crazy Japanese dude will send you one in no time.

...seriously, Litwicks go like hotcakes on the GTS, at least if they're female, it's pretty mindboggling. I mean, Chandelure is great an all, but Celestial Tower (an area you have to visit) is crawling with them and I don't think you can even see one before then...

You're shown a Zorua somewhere, and N uses a Zoroark. Just toss a Litwick on the GTS and ask for one, some crazy Japanese dude will send you one in no time.

...seriously, Litwicks go like hotcakes on the GTS, at least if they're female, it's pretty mindboggling. I mean, Chandelure is great an all, but Celestial Tower (an area you have to visit) is crawling with them and I don't think you can even see one before then...
The only thing that the normal GTS is good for is to get UT Dream Ball Pokés or to get the DW events (Like a Calm flawless Vappy I sniped the other day, I think it's Bond697's because the OT/ID are Mat / 30160). GTS Negotiations is way, way, way better than the GTS, but for GTS Nego, you pretty much need to be able to clone so you can trade your good Pokés to Japanese peoples for their good Pokés (like a near-flawless shiny DW Shinx I got yesterday from someone). English/etc. players usually never have any good Pokémon though.

I was referring how to obtain Zorua and Zoroark for yourself within the game. :P

I was also disappointed when I learned that Zorua and Zoroark were event Pokemon; I was planning on using Zoroark on my final team. :/

The only thing that the normal GTS is good for is to get UT Dream Ball Pokés or to get the DW events (Like a Calm flawless Vappy I sniped the other day, I think it's Bond697's because the OT/ID are Mat / 30160). GTS Negotiations is way, way, way better than the GTS, but for GTS Nego, you pretty much need to be able to clone so you can trade your good Pokés to Japanese peoples for their good Pokés (like a near-flawless shiny DW Shinx I got yesterday from someone). English/etc. players usually never have any good Pokémon though.
Regular GTS is nigh-useless to browse, but surprisingly reliable if you deposit something.

Got a level 100 shiny Scolipede that way, among other things.

Regular GTS is nigh-useless to browse, but surprisingly reliable if you deposit something.

Got a level 100 shiny Scolipede that way, among other things.
I got an EV'ed Mienshao and EV'ed Reuniclus from it, but they both have the wrong abilities so I got better ones.

Normal GTS' only purpose is to get quick DW Pokés. And, it gives a quick laugh once you realize how many Jirachi exist with the OT's "AAAAAAA" or "ASH".

Whimsicott is possibly the most annoying pokemon right now. unless you get matched up with it, and have the vastly superior pokemon.. you're just asking for mindgames.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Previous episodes.

Team at the end of previous episode:

Hradek - Lv 43 - Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance
Druscillah - Lv 43 - Dragon Claw
Carter - Lv 43 - Ice Beam
Velvet - Lv 43 - Ice Beam
Blodwyn - Lv 43 - Icicle Crash
Ernest - Lv 42 - Flame Charge, Brick Break, Heat Crash, Rock Slide (Benched)

All 8 badges have been collected. We can finally enter Victory Road and end this game (yeah, right).

Episode 9: Dragon Gym -> 四天王

Cheren 7… by the gods, this is getting ridiculous. Samurott is the only thing that puts up a fight, but nothing a drink of Moo Moo Milk won't solve. We are finally able to enter Champion Road. I mean, Victory Road.

But first, we get a genie. And then we get the last musketeer.

Victory Road gave us a couple of scares, making the trip to see a medic something that couldn't be avoided. At some point I get fed up and buy a month supply of Super Repel. We finally reach the exit, just so we can reach the League's "checkpoint" and go back to get Wild Charge, Hidden Power, and… something else; I can't remember what it was. The last important thing that happens before we step into the building is Ernest finally learning Flare Blitz, thus being allowed to evolve.

Now, what I usually do when reaching this point of the game is to look at the Champion's team, then I grab a specific Pokémon to counter one of his team members. And I do that 6 times, obviously.

However, since this time we don't have a Champion battle, and we also get to use the PC after the following battles, I grabbed 4 Pokémon that had a type advantage over each one of the opponents, plus a couple of "backups" if anything were to go wrong.

Zachary - Lv 52 - Foul Play, Swagger, Focus Blast
Ernest - Lv 52 - Flare Blitz, Hammer Arm, Wild Charge, Head Smash
Callidorah - Lv 52 - Hex, Inferno, Telekinesis, Will-O-Wisp
Gabrielle - Lv 52 - Psychic, Embargo, Thunderbolt
Blodwyn - Lv 52 - Icicle Crash, Superpower, Shadow Claw, Rock Slide (Backup)
Anton - Lv 52 - Rock Slide, Acrobatics (Backup)

VS

A combination of Brightpowder luck, bad AI that can't see through Illusion, and Swagger-induced confusion made this an easy fight overall. Nothing to comment other than Jellicent managed to survive and she was able to use a Full Restore. Just prolonged her agony.
VS

See, the problem with using Hammer Arm is that, after a few hits, things like Bisharp manage to outspeed you and almost kill you. Still, and despite the earlier Intimidate, it was an easy fight.
VS

Now this one was tough. I had to resort to Plan B: using an X Special while she was using a Full Restore (deliberately calculated) since Callidorah couldn't take more than a single hit. With that out of the way, everything fell to a Hex, despite not being fully powered.

VS

*Yawn* Only remarkable thing was having to use Embargo against Sawk just to prevent a wave of Full Restores + Sturdy.

After the battles were done, each one gained a level.

Wait… What do you people… We're not done yet!?

Final Episode
: N's Castle

Now I'm going to apply my usual formula for the "Champion"; I take a look at N's team and grab a team specifically designed to counter his. Yes, I'm aware that N is not the final boss.

Anyway, we face Reshiram and throw a Quick Ball at it. Worked like a charm.

Raven - Lv 50 - DragonBreath, Extrasensory, Slash, Fusion Flare
Varuna - Lv 53 - Bug Bite, Flame Charge, Return, Acrobatics
Kingsley - Lv 53 - Gear Grind, Shift Gear, Return, Screech
Ernest - Lv 53 - Flare Blitz, Hammer Arm, Wild Charge, Head Smash
Anton - Lv 53 - Rock Slide, Acrobatics
Sabelah - Lv 53 - Double-Edge, Horn Leech, Jump Kick, Nature Power

VS

VS

I swear they changed Zekrom's AI from the Japanese version; I've never seen it using Fusion Bolt (ever), and then followed by Light Screen. It didn't matter in the end, since after N's Full Restore, Zekrom began spamming Giga Impact at the same rate that I was spamming Moo Moo Milk. Coincidentally, the Light Screen faded right when it was time for Zekrom to recharge, so there was nothing N could do.
VS

Sturdy activated after Horn Leech hit, but poor Carracosta couldn't hit hard enough with Stone Edge. No Full Restore this time.
VS

Shift Gear wasn't even needed; Gear Grind hit both times and Vanilluxe couldn't even hit back.
VS

N sent out "Klinklang", so I ordered Ernest to hit it with Hammer Arm. "Kinklang"'s Focus Blast missed, and Ernest delivered a swift kill.
VS

Now the real Kinklang shows up. It used Metal Sound while Varuna used Flame Charge twice for the kill.
VS

Rock Slide didn't miss; opponent's back to being a crude fossil.

But wait! There's more!

VS

VS

I used Fusion Flare as I got hit with Toxic. Then the opponent wasted a turn with Protect as I used an Antidote. Then another Fusion Flare brought victory.
VS

Hammer Arm again to the rescue. I was afraid it wouldn't be enough, but there was no more energy on that afro after the hit.
VS

Remember what happened last battle? Exactly the same happened here, except without an Ability getting in the way and the opponent being unable to hit back.
VS

This is why I wasted so many hours in the Battle Subway; just to buy a Choice Scarf for this battle. Varuna hit with Bug Bite first, and then Surf hit, leaving my bug with 3 HP. The next Bug Bite was fatal for my opponent.
VS

Oh, the odd one out. The plan was to use Screech 3 times, so that Metal Burst wouldn't get in the way. To my horror, I remembered about Defiant after clicking the move. But Defiant never activated. Probably only Grimsley's has it, and this one has Inner Focus. After making me waste a Moo Moo Milk, the opponent had to die.
VS

There was only one thing that I needed, and that was for Rock Slide to flinch. It happened, and I managed to win the battle.

After the battles, a level gain for everyone involved. Probably.

And so Team Plasma has been stopped… but who cares!? There's a Champion on the loose. Will we fight him? Only time will tell…

Where does a complete rng noob go to learn how to rng? It's completely ridiculous that you can't breed or even synchronize dream world event pokemon, and I want a good espeon.

Also, does anyone want to trade me a tornadus for my (crappy) thundurus? I figure that the gts will allow me to have both for landorus, but i need the dex entry.

Alright, goofy question: Is there anything majorly important one would need to gather before they reset their save file?

I've defeated the E4 once.
I've captured Tornadus.
I've traded over Black's Thundurus and captured Landorus.
I've captured Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion.
I'm on my way to catch Kyurem.
I have the Larvesta Egg.
I'll catch the Volcarona after I catch a Zen Mode Darmanitan.
I'm going to go get my Victini once everything is said and done.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things.
> Is there anything special after defeating the E4 a second time?
> Are there any special items I should care about?
> Your Wonder Cards reset when you delete the save file, yes?

I really enjoy the main part of these games and I'd like to play through it a third time with the starter I haven't chosen (Snivy) but I don't want to reset until I've gotten everything I should get.

How easy is it to get a female Dream World Eevee? I haven't even bothered with the DW yet because I see lots of posts saying it's just better to search the GTS for one. However, I'd really like a female DW Eevee for breeding purposes, and I don't think it'd be prudent of me to rely on the GTS to get a legit one...

There are no female dream world eevees. The eevelutions are only found via events, and dream world event pokemon have thus far always been male.

There is a new japanese event for an anticipation eevee, but there is no word on whether or not it can be female.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
There are no female dream world eevees. The eevelutions are only found via events, and dream world event pokemon have thus far always been male.

There is a new japanese event for an anticipation eevee, but there is no word on whether or not it can be female.
Female Eevee have been reported already. Not that I got one, mind you, all six Eevee I found were male...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)