Pokémon GO

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Meltan for a month, Swinub CD last Sunday, Pokemon GO Special Weekend this Saturday, and now Clamperl this Sunday... Hope March CD is garbage.
What is the special day for this Saturday?

Also, does Clampearl have any special move/evo move?

Blitzamirin what is dst and dsc? Deep sea tooth and deep sea scale?

Ugh I was suspended for 30 days so I will miss Clampearl... please let this be something I can trade for...
Unlike the CDays, where December saw a resurgence last year, there were no resurgence for 3 Hour windows for Gengar, or other timeframes like for Snorlax.

What is the special day for this Saturday?

Also, does Clampearl have any special move/evo move?

Blitzamirin what is dst and dsc? Deep sea tooth and deep sea scale?

Ugh I was suspended for 30 days so I will miss Clampearl... please let this be something I can trade for...
Unlike the CDays, where December saw a resurgence last year, there were no resurgence for 3 Hour windows for Gengar, or other timeframes like for Snorlax.
The special day for this Saturday is Clamperl Day, similar to the Feebas Day we got in January.

And yeah, Deepsea Tooth/Scale were mentioned on Niantic's official website.
Select Pokémon require an Evolution item as well as Candy to evolve. There are seven different types of Evolution items (Dragon Scale, Deepsea Scale, Deepsea Tooth, King’s Rock, Metal Coat, Sun Stone, and Up-Grade) that can be used to evolve these Pokémon. You can collect Evolution items by visiting PokéStops.
It's kinda weird they'd backtrack. Oh well.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
The special day for this Saturday is Clamperl Day, similar to the Feebas Day we got in January.

And yeah, Deepsea Tooth/Scale were mentioned on Niantic's official website.
Select Pokémon require an Evolution item as well as Candy to evolve. There are seven different types of Evolution items (Dragon Scale, Deepsea Scale, Deepsea Tooth, King’s Rock, Metal Coat, Sun Stone, and Up-Grade) that can be used to evolve these Pokémon. You can collect Evolution items by visiting PokéStops.
It's kinda weird they'd backtrack. Oh well.
Oh. Blitzamirin said Clampearl Sunday and special weekend this Saturday like they had different events per day.
Just checked Serebii and based on region.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Oh. Blitzamirin said Clampearl Sunday and special weekend this Saturday like they had different events per day.
Just checked Serebii and based on region.
Yea, it's like the Feebas event (and every Community Day / Raid Day). TSR reached out to Niantic and also said Clamperl will be available in the wild post-event (allegedly) so you'll be fine when it comes to getting it and its evolutions (which, for the record, learn nothing relevant).

I just hope the tasks won't be as tedious as the Feebas ones. There's no point in participating in the event if the tasks are too troublesome since they're going to be available in the wild afterwards anyway.

Last edited:
Trainers, #GOsnapshot is now live for level 40 Trainers on Android devices! :camera_with_flash: Similar to our previous feature rollouts, we will be sure the feature is running smoothly before releasing the feature to more Trainers. Trainers on other devices, stay tuned!
Android gets it first lol, not that I really care about this feature.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Now available for everyone from Level 5-40 on Android. iOS needs its update then we should get it too. Hopefully we can uncover how Smeargle appears in the mean time.

Way too many events... We're at, what, four in 2 weeks? Valentine's Day, Community Day, Clamperl Day and now Latias Raid weekend.

Can we just hunt for the new Gen 4 Pokemon they just released?

ON TOP OF THAT

Team Medallion coming February 26th

Team Change will allow Trainers to change teams once per year. Interested Trainers will be able to purchase a Team Medallion for 1,000 PokéCoins from the shop.

Choose your team wisely, Trainers, as you may only purchase a Team Medallion once every 365 days. Once purchased, you can find the Team Medallion in your Bag. When you decide to activate it, you’ll be guided through the team-selection screens to choose your new team.

Any of your Pokémon that are in Gyms when you change teams will be returned with no PokéCoins earned once it’s defeated. You also can’t battle your own Pokémon, so if you return to a Gym one of your Pokémon is defending, your Pokémon will be returned to you with no PokéCoins earned. (You’ll be able to find more information on our Help Center page.)

Special Weekend isn't that big I think. The only speculated Pokemon are Charmander, Unown S, and Unown B. Hopefully there will be something else, though, I can't really be too excited over those three. Probably just grab a few of each Unown for trade purposes.

I only have one Latias at 80% so hopefully I can snag a few better ones.

Btw have the quests for Clamperl Day been mined? Probably won't bother with it if they're the same as last time.

Here are the Clamperl quests:

Battle in a Gym Battle in a raid
Use a supereffective Charged Attack in a Gym battle
Use {0} Berries to help catch Pokémon
Catch a Magikarp or Wailmer
Catch a Psyduck or Krabby
Catch {0} Water-type Pokémon
Evolve {0} Water-type Pokémon
Make {0} Curveball Throws
Make {0} Great Throws
Make {0} Great Throws in a row
Make {0} Nice Throws in a row
Make {0} Nice Throws
Spin {0} PokéStops

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I just want Meltan already. I am stuck on the evolve a magnemite quest and haven’t found any recently.

Even with the rain weather boost. I might need to trade for one once my suspension is over. Is Meltan any good? Maybe for gyms?

Treecko Community Day announced!

March 23rd, 3-6 PM (local time)

Bonus: 1/4 Egg Hatch Distance

So they changed how the times work. No different times for different zones. For me, it used to be 11 AM - 2 PM in my region, so that's going to be quite different!

I just want Meltan already. I am stuck on the evolve a magnemite quest and haven’t found any recently.

Even with the rain weather boost. I might need to trade for one once my suspension is over. Is Meltan any good? Maybe for gyms?
Meltan on its own is pretty crappy. 130 Stamina / 118 Attack / 99 Defense. Similar stats to things like Larvitar or Chingling.

Melmetal is somewhat useful as a gym defender, and I've seen it used in PvP as well. But the thing is... it requires 400 Meltan candy, and Meltan has a buddy distance of 20km.

So without a copy of the Switch game Let's Go (or a friend to feed you Mystery boxes regularly), I'd forget about Melmetal entirely.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Treecko Community Day announced!

March 23rd, 3-6 PM (local time)

Bonus: 1/4 Egg Hatch Distance

So they changed how the times work. No different times for different zones. For me, it used to be 11 AM - 2 PM in my region, so that's going to be quite different!

Meltan on its own is pretty crappy. 130 Stamina / 118 Attack / 99 Defense. Similar stats to things like Larvitar or Chingling.

Melmetal is somewhat useful as a gym defender, and I've seen it used in PvP as well. But the thing is... it requires 400 Meltan candy, and Meltan has a buddy distance of 20km.

So without a copy of the Switch game Let's Go (or a friend to feed you Mystery boxes regularly), I'd forget about Melmetal entirely.
Wrong name, ya, just thought of what came to mind first.

I would probably use Rare Candies, but maybe it would be a better investment to just add a second move or put that candy into legendaries.

For PVP, it seems like Metagross would be better, as Melmetal lacks fast and charge STAB moves.

So basically for gym defense, you could just use Snorlax or Chansey if Blissey is already in the gym...
———
For Community Day-
I could see it beneficial to push it to Saturday’s in the afternoon, so families don’t need to worry about Church on Sundays, or early morning cartoons.

But I think 2-5 would have been better, as I feel that would be after lunch but before the cold time of the day and before dinner. 1:30-4:30 would probably be ideal, but I am assuming they are looking over data to see what time people are most likely to play and adjusting according to that.

I think they did this with Ex-Raids. They adjusted it to different days of the week, so that enabled them to see who is most likely to participate and how many (I.e. based on area = who, based on when = how many).

Wrong name, ya, just thought of what came to mind first.

I would probably use Rare Candies, but maybe it would be a better investment to just add a second move or put that candy into legendaries.

For PVP, it seems like Metagross would be better, as Melmetal lacks fast and charge STAB moves.
Melmetal and Metagross play different roles in PvP, and counter different things. I don't think it has to be one vs the other. And according to Pokebattler, Melmetal with TShock and Rock Slide is the one of the greatest threat in the two higher leagues. Plus, it's not weak to Giratina, the behemoth of PvP.

But I agree, the investment might not be worth it.

Apparently these are the quests details:

Battle in a Gym
Battle in a raid
Use a supereffective Charged Attack in a Gym battle
Use 3 Berries to help catch Pokémon
Catch a Magikarp or Wailmer
Catch a Psyduck or Krabby
Catch 5 Water-type Pokémon
Evolve 2 Water-type Pokémon
Make 5 Curveball Throws
Make 3 Great Throws
Make 2 Great Throws in a row
Make 3 Nice Throws in a row
Make 5 Nice Throws
Spin 2 PokéStops

Sounds good enough for me to give it a shot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)