Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
:ss/sandslash:
Name: Colteor
Typing: Ground
Stats: 100/110/125/45/60/90 (530 BST)
Signature Move: Spinning Sand (Ground, 50 BP, 100% Acc, 64 PP, Physical, Removes hazards/bind/leech seed from user's side of the field. Causes an 8 turn sandstorm if it hits.)
Move Description: A high speed spin attack that frees the user from hazards. Disturbs nearby rocks and sand into the air to cause a sandstorm.
Signature Ability: Sand Shield (Recovers 1/16th of user's max hp if Sandstorm is active.)
Ability Description: This pokemon uses debris from a sandstorm to heal itself.
Signature Item: Pocket Sand
Item Description: If held by Colteor, after taking a supereffective hit, immediately switches to a chosen ally and lowers the attackers accuracy one stage. Single use.
Sets:
Colteor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Spinning Sand

Colteor @ Pocket Sand
Ability: Sand Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Knock off
- Spikes/Stealth Rock
- Spinning Sand

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Spinning Sand

Last edited:
(for real)

sub's currently wip but I do have an idea for what I plan on doing.

A Golden Waddle Dee can we submit megas/alternate pokemon forms as standalone pokemon in this Pet Mod?

EDIT: alright I do not believe we can sub megas/alternate mon forms as standalone pokemon; expect to see me actual sub in the next post since this one is basically dead

Last edited:
There appears to be a noticeable amount of hazard clearing around here. Seems there needs to be some hazard setting to balance things out.

1619897488637.png

Name: Ironmage
Typing:
1619900488117.png
/
1620087260024.png

Stats:
65/100/140/40/80/75
Signature Move: Piercing Points (130|
1619900488117.png
|Physical|100% accuracy|Fails if target side has no hazards)
Move Description: Spikes from around the field are driven towards the foe.
Signature Ability: Vengeful Spikes
Ability Description: Applies one layer of Spikes to the opponent's field when this Pokemon's stats are lowered (doesn't work on self-inflicted stat drops)
Signature Item: Ironmagium Z
Item Description: Upgrades Piercing Points into Field of Blades(200|
1619900488117.png
|Physical|No Accuracy Check|Sets the hazard from G-Max Steelsurge)
Sets:

Ironmage@ Rocky Helmet
Vengeful Spikes
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold

Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost
Piercing Points/Knock Off

Ironmage@Ironmagium Z
Vengeful Spikes
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Adamant

Piercing Points
Zing Zap
Spikes
Agility/Swords Dance

Ghost as a secondary typing because its my second favourite after Steel, also for spinblocking (though apparently the main Spin-equivalent is now Ground anyway).

I definitely wanted the concept of a "defog-blocker," which doesn't really exist at the moment. Defiant/Competitive/Contrary can punish Defog, but you're still left without hazards, and magic bounce doesn't work either. I thought about some way to apply a taunt effect (either on switch-in or as a unique hazard), but decided it overreached what I was going for. Stat drops are pretty uncommon outside of on-entry Abilities (against which a hazard gimmick should already be good) and Defog (the intended target). Uses spikes instead of any other hazard since it can stack the most.

I still wanted the presence of hazards to be an advantage even if the opponent was immune to it (via HDB or typing since I'm focusing more on spikes) Original version of the move did flat damage based on the number of active hazards, but since this is going to be in randomized teams, it's unlikely to have hazard-stacking teammates that would really make that shine. Having a Z-move allows me to bring in a very thematic and extremely underused hazard, while letting a possible cleaner set continue once if hazards are removed.

Attack increased to 100 (+20), Special Defense increased to 80 (+10) Speed increased to 75 (+5). Not a huge fan of getting places through raw stats, so I'm avoiding going above 500 for now.

Back to Steel/Flying. I'm effectively betting on there not being very many users of actual Rapid Spin. Fighting immunity does surprisingly little at the moment, and this does handle the only currently extant spinner that doesn't fear Ssteel-types.

On the offensive set, Poltergeist has been replaced with Zing Zap. Strong Flying moves have drawbacks, and the type as a whole doesn't offer the same neutral coverage ghost does. Most of the Steel resists are either Water or Flying, and *2 Zing Zap does very similar damage as neutral STAB Poltergeist.
Did I overdesign this for a meme format? Almost certainly. But overthinking things is even more in-character than hazard stacking.

Last edited:
Alright, time for new rules.
1. If the Pokémon you choose has a BST under 500 and is not a Pokémon that is a LC or an NFE, you can buff it's BST up to 530 BST! (Be very careful with where you add the points!)
2. You may buff a LC or NFE Pokémon's BST up to their evolved form's BST.
Sorry if I am being repetitive with the rules, but I'm just trying to make sure all of our subs are interesting and balanced. Thanks for reading!
Shoutout to adamantazu for the recommendations

Last edited:
Alright, time for new rules.
1. If the Pokémon you choose has a BST under 500 and is not a Pokémon that is a LC or an NFE, you can buff it's BST up to 530 BST! (Be very careful with where you add the points!)
2. You may buff a LC or NFE Pokémon's BST up to their evolved form's BST.
Sorry if I am being repetitive with the rules, but I'm just trying to make sure all of our subs are interesting and balanced. Thanks for reading!
Shoutout to adamantazu for the recommendations

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
well if theres a skarmory, i think we need a pink blob to go with it

Here is a blank template:
:ss/Chansey:
Name: zorbees
Typing: Fairy
Stats:
250/5/5/5/5/5 (nobody said we can't take away stats)
Signature Move:
Sprinkles ( 70 BP | Fairy | Special | 100% accuracy | hits physical defense. switches user out upon hitting )
Move Description: Yum, I want a cupcake now!
Signature Ability: Gambit
Ability Description:
Upon switch-in, swaps all stats except HP with the opposing pokemon (a random one if doubles/triples/etc). Fails if the opponent is transformed, behind an Illusion, or behind a substitute.
Signature Item:
Anchor Arms
Item Description:
Only used to flex on your opponents.
Sets:

zorbees@ Evioite
Gambit
252 HP EVs (0 IVs in all stats except HP)
Bold

Sprinkles
Softboiled
Aromatherapy
Wish

zorbees@ Anchor Arms
Gambit
252 HP EVs (0 IVs in all stats except HP)
Bold

Sprinkles
Softboiled
Counter
Snatch

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
I just noticed this, but Albatr0ss' Casanova ability has a different effect depending on gender, so we should probably include the gender in our subs too
It's not necessary since Showdown can assign a random gender to Pokemon in the teambuilder. If people wanna include it in their subs then they can, but personally I don't really care since either way I'm gonna be making the ladies swoon

:bw/charizard:
Name: TheDraugr
Type: Fire/Fairy
Stats: 79/61/107/113/127/53
Signature Move: Dialetheic Blast (120 bp, Normal and Ghost Simultaneously, 100% Accuracy while always missing, idk, I just want to people on the internet to think that i read books and shit)
Signature Ability: Procrastinate
Ability Description: Moves selected will take effect after 3 turns, if they happen at all
Signature Item: Unopened Condom
Item Description: Protects the user from a single attack upon switch-in. Prevents Male and Genderless Pokémon from making eggs in the Day-care. SINGLE-USE ONLY *TheDraugr wished its parents used this*

I present: 4000 word wall of text!
Disclaimer: For the original 11 subs (from Golden - zorbees), I will not add in details about interactions/calcs between any new subs (doipy and beyond) unless I feel like it.
We have a good amount of subs right now, and since I don't have anything better to do I'll go ahead and list my thoughts on each one (the particular order does not indicate any sort of ranking, it's just random.)
  • Golden Waddle Dee: This seems solid, not needing a buff or nerf. The Z-Celebrate boost from Golden Charm does seem threatening, but it's reasonably likely to simply not activate in a game. VTaxis can use it as set-up fodder and switch in on a predicted Golden Roll, and since that hits twice, it would give it 2 Def and Sp. Def boosts. And Knock Off screws it over, since it really relies on Golden Charm. Without it, it gets outclassed by adamantazu. Nevertheless, probably one of the most balanced subs we have.
  • adamantazu: I feel my sub is also pretty balanced, though maybe less than Golden's because I gave it some BST buffs (+30 Speed, +20 in both defenses). Adamant Assault OHKOs opposing Goldens, doipys, Colteors, xzerns, and 2HKOs Ironmages and Finlands, all with the help of Adamant Booster. Still gets walled by VTaxis though, since AAssault doesn't bypass defense boosts.
    • Note: both physical Azumarills easily break VTaxis with a Belly Drum boost, it's just that without it, they get walled.
  • xzern: Yay! This is also quite balanced. A great special breaker. The stats (with doubled Sp. Atk and Speed) would be 65/95/100/120/50/100 (530 BST). The problem is that Blast Burn is especially exploitable when it doesn't score a KO: all Azumarills, Albas, and Finlands avoid the OHKO. Of course, Thunder and Draco Meteor hit Azumarills/Albas and Finlands, respectively, for high damage, but this would require perfect prediction from xzerns. Given that this is a randomized format and you can't actually see what the opponent has until they send it out, that prediction would be extremely unlikely. The best part about this sub is the item: Leftovers does a good job of easing the Life Orb recoil. But damn, Blaze + Lorb + Petaya STAB 150BP Blast Burn is insane, OHKOing all Azumarills and Gastrodon. Except if it is 252 HP adamantazu, then there's only a 43% chance. Because Moist Skull halves fire damage, defensive Alba easily avoids the OHKO. But also, both priority and hazards absolutely fuck this thing over.
    This is probably our best bet against VTaxis. Blaze + Petaya + Lorb OHKOs up to +6 Sp. Def. Without Blaze + Petaya (only Lorb), it OHKOs up to +2. The thing is, though, healthy xzerns (ie. no Blaze and no Petaya) would have to be careful: VTaxis may switch to a bulky water and KO xzern on the recharge turn.
    I also just want to include this calc because it made me laugh.
    +1 252+ SpA Life Orb Blaze xzern Blast Burn vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ironmage: 1976-2327 (591.6 - 696.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • Mace: A bit on the weak side, but it's fine. The problem is that, assuming move order is randomized (as it should be), Pixie Crown is pretty difficult to use optimally. First of all, it would only work if Mace outspeeds. And it only has 50 base speed, meaning it has to rely on Fucker Punch, which is very predictable. On the other hand, STAB 70 BP Priority that can flinch is really good. Stealth Rock is also useful.
  • Finland: Probably the weakest sub. The signature move seems good on paper, but it's not a reliable healing option. All Azumarills beat it reliably. The good movepool may seem appealing, but for example, Moongeist Beam doesn't actually hit anything. I think the best recourse for balancing it would be to simply give it more physical bulk, plus a slight boost in both attacking stats.
  • Colteor: This is balanced, leaning on strong side, but not too much. The best part is the unpredictability. Sub Toxic can be used against zorbees because Sub blocks Gambit, Support can be used to set up AND get rid of Rocks while also beating out both other Rocks users, Ironmage and Mace. Finally, +2 Sand Rush hits a lot of things. It OHKOs Maces, doipys, and Goldens, and has a 62.5% chance to OHKO adamantazus. It's also really tanky: it's not even 2HKOed by adamantazu Adamant Booster Aqua Jet! However, it is countered by Ironmages and VTaxis.
  • Albatross: This is pretty good too. Casanova is really good, with the Male variant allowing Albas to stomach insanely powerful moves such as adamantazu's AAssault and xzern's Blaze Petaya Lorb Blast Burn (of course, Thunder still fucks it and has perfect accuracy due to Moist Skull, but at least in can switch into a BBurn that would kill literally any other mon). Conversely, the offensive set can be an insane wallbreaker with the Female variant, OHKOing every single sub except Snessy! and adamantazu, and having a 62.5% chance to OHKO Finlands. I guess the weakness is that the offensive set doesn't really synchronize too well with the Male variant of Casanova, and vice versa. Additionally, switching removes the opponent's negative stat changes and Knock Off removes Moist Skull, making Hurricane inaccurate and Weather Ball a shitty move.
  • Ironmage: This is our premier hazard setter. First of all, it spinblocks Colteors and acts as a hard counter. It can also hit fairly hard with it's Z-Move. It also has more initial Defense than VTaxi, but not after a boost. This can answer a ton of physical attackers, including aforementioned Colteors even with multiple Swords Dance boosts, Maces, and Goldens. It can Whirlwind mons with many boosts, such as VTaxis and Theorymons, and is the only check to +3 Total Clefs.
  • VTaxi: This mon is very strong, but not broken, because the base stats were revered back to being unchanged. Reinforced Steel is still very annoying for the opponent. They have to smartly play around it: xzerns destroy it with a Blast Burn even at +2 Sp. Def. Albas OHKO unboosted VTaxis with a Weather ball, but only if the VTaxi is female to get the Sp. Def drop. Both physical Azumarills break VTaxis after a Belly Drum boost, and doipys break it with Thunder. And finally, defensive Ironmages can Whirlwind VTaxis out to clear the boosts. Yeah...that's about it. Snessy!s can try spamming Haha, but that is a resisted move and boosts attack, which powers up VTaxi's U-Turn. VTaxis can simply U-Turn out and pivot into a mon that can break Snessy!s, such as adamantazus or xzerns.
  • Snessy!: Ok, after thinking about it for some time, this mon is actually balanced because of one reason: it doesn't have Trick Room in its sets. This makes Snessy!'s pitiful base Speed very easy to abuse. For example, adamantazu OHKOs it with Knock Off after Rocks, and xzern without Blaze + Petaya has an 81.3% chance to OHKO from full. However, Haha spam is extremely potent if not dealt with correctly.
  • zorbees:
    1619999779469.png
New subs:
  • doipy hooves: This mon is extremely strong, but not broken after the recent nerfs. Let's start with the stats. 81 Speed may seem mediocre, but it outpaces every mon except Colteor and xzern. 130 Sp. Atk makes it an extremely strong special wallbreaker: Thunder destroys Albas, 2HKOs VTaxis even after the Sp. Def boost from Reinforced Steel, and has a 56% chance to OHKO Goldens. Sea incense-boosted Hydro Pump is insane. While it doesn't nearly reach, say, the max power of Blast Burn xzern, it destroys Colteors and 2HKOs the rest of the subs excluding zorbees who I'm not even going to consider. This means in order to switch into doipys, you must have perfect prediction. The downside is the low accuracy of the moves it relies on. The item does boost accuracy by 10%, but even with that doipy's moves still have low accuracy. But that's not all the item does: it also combines the effects from King's Rock, Sea Inscense, Bright Powder, and Quick Claw, which means that Hydro Pump will really pack a punch, and that it just may pull off some clutch hax. It's manageable, though, since QC is only 20% successful, and Bright Powder and King's Rock are only 10%. The PerishPool set is lackluster. It only deals with one mon: Finland. As for the two other defensive mons: VTaxi simply U-Turns out, and Ironmage can Whirlwind, which cancels the Whirlpool. The Rollout set...well, it's definitely the worst. Honestly, it would be better for doipys if it weren't even there, because the chance to end up with the terrible Rollout set is an indirect nerf. It must rely on only Rollout to deal damage, making it extremely weak at first. It can use Defense Curl to double Rollout's power, but that is again another chance for the opponent to strike. Plus, Rollout has less and less accuracy as it hits: First 90%, then 81%, then 72%, etc. It's always going down by 10% of the previous value. While the item helps with that, it still has a low chance of succeeding.
    Veil denies basically any non-damaging move done to doipys, notably blocking Toxic Spikes and Casanova. It also gives Sand immunity and boosts evasion in Sand, making it a viable emergency answer to Colteor, and a good teammate with your own Colteor if you are lucky enough to get both.
  • Theorymon: It might seem broken at first, but...the ability is fine. In base form, who are you trapping? Fire/Psychic is just a terrible defensive typing in this, having an annoying vulnerability to every single type of hazard and priority we have. All Azumarills, xzerns, Maces, Albas, and Colteors OHKO it, and Finland and Snessy! 2HKO the bulkier base form while not taking much damage in return. The Signature Move + Ultra Burst is threatening, but 35 BST is really low (only does 15% to VTaxi while giving it a boost that counteracts Theorymon's boost), and the health boost is not impactful for such a fragile mon. Additionally, it has super low defenses, making anything that is faster or has a priority move able to OHKO it. Also, I know this is for thematic purposes, but King's Shield and Metal Burst find no place on a hyper-offensive mon such as this one. What is really good about this is the Ultra Form ability and Z-move. At +2, for example, Bounce OHKOs on basically any neutral hit. The Z-Move can be used as a last resort before it goes down - just like Explosion. The hazard is super strong, setting a guaranteed 25% damage upon switch-in. With no HDB mons, VTaxis and Colteors must take that damage before Defogging/Spinning: and that damage can be really problematic for Colteor, who has no reliable recovery.
  • SlowAndBruh: I think it really needs a set buff. The bulk is above average, and it has a good Sp. Atk. However, although these may look good on paper, it is totally walled by the three steel types we have. It needs to have Fire coverage! Additionally, the "Trick" component of Unviable Set fails for mons with Z-moves, which are fairly common. It makes for a good pivot, though. The signature ability is a bit...odd, losing STAB to Slow's Psychic moves and becoming a weaker typing overall. It would be better off simply with Regenerator. But it is able to survive hits from wallbreakers such as Goldens, doipys, offensive Albas even with the female Casanova, offensive Colteor, and Lorb-only (healthy) xzern. However, it is OHKOed by adamantazu, Mace, fully boosted xzern, and Theorymon. It's also 2HKOed by Snessy!s because of the Condom item making Snessy!'s moves super effective against Poison types.
  • Total Clefairy: This mon is broken. The best set is the Power Herb one. The 65/100/70 bulk isn't too great, but it's sufficient enough to get a free +3/+3 boost against more passive mons like Finlands and Slows. +3 Speed obviously outspeeds everything, including Sand Rush Colteor. So the only mons that can go first against it are the ones with priority. Well, guess what? It resists all forms of priority we have. And +3 Attack OHKOs so many things. Nothing can switch in, as everything is 2HKOed by Liquidation or Iron Head. Once boosted, the only checks (not even a manual switch, only a free switch) are Ironmages, zxgs and...nothing else. If someone doesn't have either...the forfeit button is at the top of the screen.
    The Superlike set is also overpowered, trading sweeping potential for immediate power. It is walled by our bulky steels, though. Not much else to say about this that hasn't already been covered with the Power Herb set.
    And then we have...the Attract set. Ok, maybe without this, the other two sets would have been manageable. But the thing is, this set destroys the usual checks of the previous two sets, such as Finlands, Ironmages, and VTaxis. This leaves zxgs as the only common checks for all three Total Clef sets. And even that must rely on not getting infatuated. Of course, one flimsy check does not make a mon balanced. To nerf it, I would suggest that the Top Shagger ability is nerfed so that it only has a 50% chance to infatuate same-gender mons. Second, I think a pretty considerable nerf to the bulk would also balance this by making revenge killing easier.
  • CaffeineBoost: Offensively it's not super strong, but of course, that's not what it was designed for. It beats just about every defensive mon we have, such as defensive Ironmages and Finlands, with Taunt + recovery. It even turns these into set-up fodder to stack Spikes. Sure, VTaxis can U-Turn out, but that doesn't even 4HKO, and VTaxis will have to get statused/get a layer of Spikes on their side/let Caffeines get a free heal before switching. Threefold Play has almost a 50% chance for a secondary effect, further crippling defensive mons. It's also the single most versatile mon out of all the subs: this is a randomized format, so you wouldn't know which of the six sets it is running.
  • zxgzxg: It's balanced. Let's start with the offensive set. It has a really good attack stat. The average Speed means that quite a few subs can revenge kill it since it doesn't have priority, but it's workable. As for defensive typing: it ditches Quagsire's amazing Water/Ground typing and Azumarill's excellent Water/Fairy typing for the mediocre Ground/Fairy typing. The signature item allows zxgs to supereffectively hit Ironmages and VTaxis, however, the only offensive set it has carries Earthquake instead of Running Gag. I wouldn't advise changing EQ to Running Gag, this would make it a little too broken. Now, the defensive set is pretty good with Unaware, checking Power Herb Total Clefs and Colteors. However, there are setup mons still break through it, such as adamantazus, Goldens, and Theorymons.
  • ASMRxism: This really needs to be redesigned. While Gengar has a decent defensive typing, 60/60/75 bulk is not appropriate for a Toxic/Protect staller. This will end up using Destiny Bond more than the actual signature move. However, Incorrigible is a really good Knock Off absorber. Manifesto is fine, but of course, the opponent will just switch. A forced switch might be good though. To buff this, I would give this considerably more bulk, in exchange for less Sp. Atk and maybe Speed. A 100/65/70/90/80/95 spread would be better for the purpose this mon is trying to serve.
  • az: This mon is also really good. It's similar to xzern: decent/pretty good Speed and massive Sp. Atk. Unlike xzerns, azs require a turn of "set-up" to activate Flare Boost and double Hex's power. However, it has better bulk, utility (burning physical attackers), and defensive typing. If it successfully pulls off a Hellfire, then it becomes an insane special wallbreaker, almost rivaling the capabilities of fully-boosted xzern. It OHKOs anything that doesn't resist it, similar to xzern's Blast Burn. However, it is semi-vulnerable during that Hellfire turn, which it must repeat for every new target to get the Hex boost. Special attackers, in particular, don't care much about the burn, and get a free hit while Hellfire is used. Additionally, all Azumarills, xzerns (Lorb only), and Theorymon-Ultras outspeed and OHKO it. But it doesn't have to worry about Fire types being immune to burn, because xzerns have low Sp. Def and are OHKOed even by 65 BP Hex, and Theorymon is weak to Ghost. The other two sets are largely outclassed by the first one, so I won't be talking about those. Also, the EVs for the second one are a bit weird...150 isn't even divisible by 4.
  • faint: The ability is broken, but once that is balanced, everything else is fine. A surprisingly low amount of Fighting-type coverage makes this the best wall we have, sorry Finland. Still gets beaten by Body Press VTaxi and all of the Azumarill's Fairy STAB (Play Rough, Moonblast, or Golden Roll). It seems to have been tailor-made to counter azs, because it's immune to Hex, resists Dark Pulse, and has Heal Bell to cure burns. Onto the ability: this is broken. The concept of "stealing" a healing move seems good, but also stealing stat boosts just brings it too far. In can switch in on so many things because a lot of mons have a set with a boosting move, like both physical Azumarills, Colteors, Snessys, Theorymons, Total Clefs, Caffeines, and azs. Notably, it steals Total Clef's +3/+3 boosts while wasting the Power Herb and Azumarill's +6 Attack while they still have to take 50% of their max health. To nerf it, I'd suggest removing the stat stealing part entirely. This will still allow faints to block healing from defensive mons.
  • Ullar: The item needs a nerf, but a buff to the stats/typing/ability would be helpful. First of all, it has a shitty defensive typing - pure Psychic. It has average bulk but is still OHKOed by quite a few things when unboosted, such as adamantazus, full-powered azs and xzerns, zxgs, Total Clefs, Theorymons, and more. The ability is pretty good, since the stats are more Sp. Def oriented the confusion could come in handy. However, one should note that confusion damage is based on physical attack, which Sp. Atkers would likely not have much of. The item, however, is super good, allowing a +2/+2 boost every single turn. If you get one of these boosts on something like a Finland or VTaxi, it is very hard to break. The best remedy is to use Knock Off when it's still unboosted/only has one boost. To balance it, first I would suggest a type change to something better like Psychic/Dark. You could also buff the defense a little as you have 40 BST to spare. Alternatively, you could buff the ability to something like a 30-40% confusion chance. But the item definitely needs a nerf! I would suggest making it a single-use item. This would make it less of an unbreakable wall.
  • sps: After the recent nerfs, it has become balanced as it no longer reverses the powerful signature items many subs rely on. However, it is still extremely strong - most items such as Lorb or Choice Band/Specs boost damage in some form, this turns shadows into fairly bulky mons, combined with the fact that it has access to Calm Mind and reliable healing. It also has huge versatility with what item it itself chooses - with Flame/Toxic Orb crippling enemies, to Lagging Tail which makes it always go first, even outspeeding any and every form of priority. It could even run niche sets such as Iron Ball to gain Ground immunity (and of course, double speed)! Not to mention that it's a potent special attacker - out of all our subs, Ice has surprising little resists. This is a solid mon that can end up sweeping with a single well-played turn, or can be just a huge pain to deal with.
  • War Incarnate: This mon is extremely strong. For example, it is a perfect counter to VTaxis, and also outspeeds and beats many mons such as faints, Theorymons, Finlands, CaffeineBoosts, and more. In fact, it is our fastest unboosted mon. The capability to remove stat boosts is also helpful, as many mons have a boosting move. However, it can't OHKO any Azumarills with an unboosted Thunder Punch. It is OHKOed in return with their Fairy STAB, and has low bulk. The biggest counter to this would be Mace, who shreds it with Fucker Punch - it must play around it by spamming Swords Dance, and we all know how hard it is to predict around a Sucker/Fucker Punch. Mace can also tank an unboosted CC if needed. But the ability cripples any defensive switch-in, so without perfect prediction, nothing switches in. It is very strong, and if I had to guess one sub that would need nerfing after all the coding had been implemented, this would be my top choice. For now it's balanced, though.
  • Partial Clefairy: This is actually the mon we needed. We have so many set-up sweepers/defense-boosting tanks, and while there have been other mons that dealt with this, such as faints and War Incarnates, it is broken on faint and needs to be removed, and War Incarnate must actually hit the enemy to remove the stat boosts. Partial Clefs would help balance the game by influencing people not just to say "[boosting move] go go go sweeeeeeep" and actually think about it first. It honestly would make more sense to show a team preview at the beginning of the game so that players would be able to see whether their opponent has a Partial Clef or not. Offensively it's not too good - which is fine, because that's not what it was made for. The signature move is really good too, although sacrificing such a useful mon may not always be the best decision.
  • Anti-Woke Duck: As a special attacking Ghost-type, I am comparing this mainly to azs. It has considerably less bulk and doesn't hit as hard. However, it is faster, and after the recent buffs, has a good boosting ability and item. For the ability, whenever it is hit by a Dark or Ghost attack, the Sp. Atk is boosted. Likely this will only be activated once as AWDs lack recovery, but +1 is enough, KOing or doing significant damage to neutral targets (Ghost has many of them, luckily). AWDs also have access to the second-best sleep move in the game, Lovely Kiss, with an acceptable 75% accuracy. Considering it is one of the fastest subs we have, the Nasty Plot set, in particular, can take advantage of this. With the +2 Speed boost from the item, this could end up sweeping teams. Of course, it still has to watch out for Partial Clefairy, which counter it when boosted.
I won't be analyzing TheDraugr's sub (which was sent as I was finishing this post up) because I don't think it's serious. I do think the Procrastinate ability has potential, though.

Last edited:
:rs/azumarill:
Name: Yet Another Azumarill Set
Typing:

Stats: 100/50/80/130/80/82 (+70 SpA, +32 Spe) (522 BST)
Signature Move: None
Signature Ability: Veil
Ability Description: Immune to all external status effects and stat drops (Flower Veil + Sweet/Water/Pastel Veil), Taunt/Torment/Encore/Disable/Heal Block/Infatuation (Aroma Veil), + boosts evasiveness in sandstorm and takes no damage from sandstorm (Sand Veil).
Signature Item: Wide Quick Zoom King's Lens Powder Lens Incense
Item Description: Adds 10% accuracy, 20% accuracy if moving after target (Wide/Zoom Lens), 20% chance to move first (Quick Claw), 20% water move damage boost (Sea Incense), 10% evasion (BrightPowder), +1 crit ratio (Scope Lens), and 10% chance to flinch (King's Rock).
Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect

Azumarill @ Wide Quick Zoom King's Lens Powder Lens Incense
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Thunder

Azumarill @ Metronome
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Rollout
- Metronome
- Defense Curl
- Lunar Dance

:rs/azumarill:
Name: Yet Another Azumarill Set
Typing:

Stats: 100/50/80/130/80/81 (+70 SpA, +31 Spe) (521 BST)
Signature Move: None
Signature Ability: Veil
Ability Description: Immune to status effects and stat drops (Flower Veil), Taunt/Torment/Encore/Disable/Heal Block/Infatuation (Aroma Veil), + boosts evasiveness by 1 stage (Sand Veil).
Signature Item: Wide Quick Zoom King's Lens Powder Lens Incense
Item Description: Adds 40% accuracy, 20% chance to move first, and 10% chance to flinch.
Azumarill @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Protect

Azumarill @ Wide Quick Zoom King's Lens Powder Lens Incense
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Thunder

I was going to make a wow bellsprout set until snessy's ability counterteamed it. Here is my draft in progress anyway.

:dp/bellsprout:
Name: Wow
Typing: Grass/Poison
Stats: mega venusaur stats
signature ability: Wow reaction
Ability description: adds +1 reaction score
Bellsprout @ Eviolite
Ability: wow reaction
EVs: 252 Spe
- Vine whip
- Wow
- Poisonpowder
- Strength sap

Also I can help code if needed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)