Pokémon Smogoff Edition

1620078839075.png

uh oh, reserved

edit:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

there i did some shit goldfish me please

Last edited:
:ss/Firebot:
Name: Firebot
Typing: Steel/Fire
Stats: ATK, 9999 SP.ATK, 9999 DEF, 9999 SP.DEF, 9999 SPEED, 9999 HP-9999/9999
Signature Move: ( never Miss KOBOT )
Move Description:
Signature Ability:
Ability Description:
Signature Item:
Item Description:
Sets:
Fissure Unlimited PP
Mind Reader Unlimited PP
never Miss KOBOT Unlimited PP
Shadow Ball Unlimited PP

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
fuck it I was bored enough

:ss/mew: (honest to goodness I have no idea if this will work but fuck it I'll try the formatting out)
Name: CaffeineBoost
Typing: Psychic (unchanged)
Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100 (unchanged)
Signature Move: Threefold Flay (90 BP | Psychic | Special | 100% accuracy | 15% chance to lower Atk & SpAtk by 1, 15% chance to flinch, 15% chance to confuse)
Move description: The user creates a blast of psychic energy within the opponent's mind. This may also confuse the target, cause the target to flinch, or lower the target's Atk stat.
Signature Ability: Demoralization
Ability Description: On switch-in, lowers the target's SpAtk stat by 1.
Signature Item: None.

Sets

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Threefold Flay
- Softboiled
- Spikes/U-Turn
- Knock Off/Will-O-Wisp/Toxic

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Threefold Flay
- Softboiled
- Taunt
- Super Fang/Toxic

Mew @ Psychium Z (if it's allowed)
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Threefold Flay
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Softboiled/Rock Polish

Mew @ Psychium Z (if it's allowed)
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Psychic Fangs
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Softboiled

Mew @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Trick

Mew @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Threefold Flay
- Fire Blast
- U-Turn
- Trick

Patch notes 1.0.1: Increased Threefold's secondary effect chances to 15% per effect, and accuracy to 100%. Tried to use scald as balance but eh, fuck it, made it more annoying.
Patch notes 1.0.2: Changed all the sets, added more sets. You know the thing I love about Mew in draft is that you don't know what the fuck it's gonna do. Might add more if it's allowed. Also the super fang set is my favourite Mew set of all time.

Last edited:
let's make this interesting. switch in/fainting/switch out/etc messages!!!!
Switch in message: is that anime tiddies???
Switch out message: brb gotta read some changed manga
Fainting message: that set was bad anyway, smh
Unviable Set activation message: i hope you enjoy this set!!!
feel free to send me some suggestions.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
might as well drop smth here

Untitled.png

Name: zxgzxg
Typing: Ground / Fairy
Stats: 95 / 65 / 85 / 30 / 85 / 65
Signature Move: Running Gag
Move Description: Physical | Ground | BP -- | Acc: 100 | PP: 24 | Uses the BP of the last attack used and its secondary effect is the effect of the last status move used.
Signature Ability: The Big Dumb
Ability Description: Combined effects of Huge Power and Unaware
Movepool: Quagsire's + Azumarill's
Signature Item: Book of Self-Deprecating Jokes
Signature Item Effect: When held, Running Gag hits Flying-types for neutral damage.

Sets:

zxgzxg @ Choice Band
Ability: The Big Dumb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide

zxgzxg @ Book of Self-Deprecating Jokes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Running Gag
- Play Rough
- Recover

zxgzxg @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Haze / Toxic

Last edited:
Can I reserve gengar? If not, I'm gonna post it anyway and you can all yell at me
no one told me not to do this but no one told me I could. so I'm doing it

:ss/Gengar:
Name: ASMRxism
Typing: Spooky Ghost/Icky Poison
Stats: Gengar stats
Signature Move: Lurk (40BP) | Poison (Special) | 100 | Badly poison, Two-turn, Trap
Move Description: The user vanishes for a turn, then whispers toxic comments from behind the target. The target is badly Poisoned and cannot switch for two turns.
Signature Ability: Incorrigible
Ability Description: Dark-type Water Absorb
Signature Item: Manifesto
Item Description: A book with lots of confusing words, conveniently left laying around. Lowers attack and special attack of the Pokemon that KOs ASMRxism by one stage.

Sets:

ASMRxism @ Manifesto
Ability: Incorrigible
Timid nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe (I guess? do you bother with hp/def on this)
- Lurk
- Hex
- Protect
- Taunt/Destiny Bond/Perish Song

Kinda sucks that Timid is the default nature when I'm very brave but whatever. I'm not one of those pro gamer types so I can't tell if the move is busted or completely sucks, i just wanted it to be cool and annoying. someone please yell at me and call me names if it needs rebalancing, but I figure this convoluted shit can't be that much better than just blasting shit in the face with shadow ball

Last edited:

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
:ss/spiritomb:
Name: az
Typing: DarkIC FRLG.png GhostIC FRLG.png
Stats: 530 BST:
HPAtkDefSpASpDSpe
Signature Move: Hellfire (--- BP |
| Status | 100% Accuracy | Burns the user and target. )
Move Description: The user engulfs everything around it in supernatural flame. Inflicts a burn on the user and the target.
Signature Ability: None
Signature Item: None
Item Description: ---

Sets:
az @ Life Orb
Modest nature
Ability: Flare Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpaA / 252 Spe
- Hellfire
- Hex
- Calm Mind/Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast

az @ Leftovers
Calm nature
EVs: 248HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
- Hellfire
- Hex
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

ok i wanted to make like a supernaturally burning fire that could drain tank you to death but i don't rly know anything about pokemon so give me your c&c

Last edited:

Albatross

Loosely Resembling Some Variety Of Bird
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributor
:ss/spiritomb:
Name: az
Typing: DarkIC FRLG.png GhostIC FRLG.png
Stats: 530 BST:
HPAtkDefSpASpDSpe
Signature Move: Hellfire (--- BP |
| Status | 100% Accuracy | Burns the user and target. )
Move Description: The user engulfs everything around it in supernatural flame. Inflicts a burn on the user and the target.
Signature Ability: None
Signature Item: None
Item Description: ---

Sets:
az @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Hellfire
- Hex
- Calm Mind/Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse

az @ Leftovers
Calm/Bold Nature
EVs: 200 HP / 150 Def / 150 SpD
- Hellfire
- Hex
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

az @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Incinerate/Fire Blast
- Hex
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater

ok i wanted to make like a supernaturally burning fire that could drain tank you to death but i don't rly know anything about pokemon so give me your c&c
I'll give this a pog outa ten, Hellfire + Hex + Flare Boost is really cool and very strong. Like, crazy strong. As in, OHKO & 2HKOs everything that isn't already pretty bulky/a normal type kinda strong. That being said, Hex + Dark Pulse is pretty bad bc Ghost and Dark hit a lot of the same targets, with the only difference being Ghost can't hit Normal-types and Dark isn't SE against Fighting. So for your first set I'd recommend switching it out for Fire Blast. Wouldn't recommend giving it Fighting coverage or anything to let it hit Fairy-types, just to keep it balanced. Also I'd give the first set Life Orb but that's just me

I think the third set is very outclassed by the other two, due to a combination of Sleep Clause meaning you can only get boosted Hex on one opponent at a time + Dream Eater being bad + Hypnosis' low accuracy + no Flare Boost activation. Incinerate is a cool move but there's no reason to use it over Fire Blast since Fire Blast is so much stronger. If you want to keep this set I'd recommend substituting Leftovers for Blunder Policy and removing Dream Eater for further coverage moves, but the other two sets are just plain better

Also, while I was adding in the EVs for some damage calcs I noticed the second set's EVs are pretty wonky. Since your sub is gonna be spreading burns which half the opponent's Attack I'd probably say make it 248 HP/8 SpA/252 SpD with Calm. Mostly because that's what the teambuilder recommends when I type in your set in lol. I'm gonna run defensive calcs with the original set's EVs though, for consistency's sake

Ok it's five minutes after running some calcs and holy shit this thing is strong. Boosted Hex + Flare Boost just murders everything that isn't Dark- or Normal-type, and most of the stuff that isn't can still be broken through with Hex spam or team support. Getting the opponent burnt is a requirement in order to start slaughtering teams. You don't need Calm Mind or Nasty Plot at all on the first set since you're straight murdering everything in sight, replace them with more coverage. Or maybe keep Calm Mind and substitute NP for coverage.

No reliable recovery is very bad for it and it's pretty slow compared to the rest of the offensive onslaught, but I'd still recommend keeping an eye on it when it comes to play testing

Anyways in conclusion I think this shit is fire and potentially broken? But it's hard to tell with shit like this just through theorising, so we'll see how it plays. Either way I really like this sub and it's gonna be fun to play around with when this stuff gets coded in proper

Also would like to mention that I did calcs vs the OU tier, not against the other subs, because that would've taken fucking ages

:ss/munchlax:
Name: faint
Typing: Normal/Dark
Stats: 160/110/100/65/110/5
Signature Ability: Snack Snatch
Ability Description: Using the energy stored under it's fur, this Pokemon steals the effects of any attempts to use a healing or stat-changing move from the opponent.

faint @ leftovers
Ability: Snack Snatch
EVs: 188 HP / 128 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Return
- Slack Off
- Heal Bell

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
:ss/slowpoke-galar:
Name: Ullar
Typing: Psychic
Stats: as Galarian Slowking
Signature Ability: Is This D20 Related?
Ability Description: Whenever this Pokemon is hit with a special move, there is a 20% chance the attacker becomes confused.
Signature Item: Book I Wrote
Item Description: Any boost to Special Defense on the wielder gets replicated to Defense.
Sets:

Ullar @ Book I Wrote
Ability: Is This D20 Related?
EVs: 108 HP / 100 Def / 140 SpA / 100 SpD
Modest Nature
- Amnesia
- Eerie Spell
- Miracle Eye
- Slack Off

Ullar @ Book I Wrote
Ability: Is This D20 Related?
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Focus Blast
- Gravity
- Amnesia
- Hypnosis

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
  • zxgzxg: Powerful, but it seems underwhelming. Let's start with the offensive set. First of all, while it has a monstrous Attack, it has the lowest Speed in the entire game, making it super easy to be revenge killed. As for defensive typing: it ditches Quagsire's amazing Water/Ground typing and Azumarill's excellent Water/Fairy typing for the mediocre Ground/Fairy typing. While Ground/Fairy is good offensively, with Ground hitting every single Fairy resist (Fire, Poison, Steel). However, it is walled by VTaxis and Ironmages. Now, the defensive set is pretty good with Unaware, checking Power Herb Total Clefs and Colteors. However, there are setup mons still break through it, such as adamantazus, Goldens, and Theorymons. To buff this mon, I think a slight nerf in power or bulk in exchange for a considerable speed buff would make sense.
Added a funny signature item and switch SpAtk and Spe

Now make me look good :blobpex:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)