[pokebank] It's a trap!

Mega Gengar is the best mega evo

• Total voters
I've always been one of those people who likes to try 'Unique' strategies. Because ain't nobody got time for the ordinary stuff. You know, strategies that not very many people use. In the past, I have created many "unique" teams, but none of them are very good. (one of them was 5 level 1s and a forretress...)
This time, I think I finally got it right.
This team is based off one of my double's teams in gen 5
It sucked, but then, something changed that, one pokemon did it.

Rick Gastly (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 156 HP / 100 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Disable
Mega gengar is literally Chuck Norris. I said it. He has perish song and shadow tag. At the same time. How can you get more badass than that? It also gets disable! No u-turn for you (unless you're a scarfed genesect or something like that)! To be honest, mega gengar is probably the thing that makes my entire strategy viable. Before, this team would be completely wrecked by Thundurus, however, a certain pokemon can prevent gengar from being taunted that couldn't be on the team before, and gengar still can do his Perish song. I'm actually really surprised nobody is really discussing perish song mega gengar as a good competitive strategy.

Jimmy Rustle Crowe (Murkrow) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Roost
- Protect
- foul play

I know what you're thinking. "Why the hell are you using a murkrow on your team!?" Well there's a couple of reasons. 1. Prankster, With prankster, murkrow always goes first unless they use a priority move (most priority users are slower than it anyway unless they fake out or extremespeed) so it's pretty much always gonna be able to use perish song. 2. Eviolite! 60/42/42 defenses sure suck, don't they? surely you wouldn't want to use something like that on such a defensive team! well, eviolite fixes that, sort of. It's still not exactly the bulkiest thing ever, but it gets the job done. But hey, at least it gets roost...

Justin Bieber (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Perish Song
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

ANOTHER NFE pokemon? Yep. Welcome to the 3rd best perish song user in the game, Misdreavus. For the same reason as murkrow (eviolite) I am using it over it's evolution. The thing is with misdreavus, it's defensive stats aren't absolute crap garbage, so it can take hits a lot better and it learns will-o-wisp to help against physical attackers. The only downsides of it really are it doesn't have prankster like murkrow, and it has to use pain split to heal it's health back. It's still a really good pokemon for this team, though.

IT'S A TARP!!! (Gothorita) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Psyshock
- Protect

Mr. duckface here is, oddly enough, better than gothitelle at shadow tagging. I feel like Ash Ketchum when I use all these un evolved pokemon, it's weird. Again, eviolite makes it's defenses way higher than gothitelle. The only problem is is that it doesn't get to use an item like light clay, focus sash, or sitrus berry to help it out.
252+ Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gothorita: 176-210 (54.32 - 64.81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
just wanted to put that out there, how bulky gothorita is...

Safety dance (Amoonguss) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Protect
- Rage Powder

Our little mushroom friend can do more than make Mario grow. What he can do is, support Mega Gengar with rage powder and spore, making his job a lot easier. He can redirect taunts from Thundurus, put Landoruses to sleep, and fun stuff like that. I have a question about this guy though, is he the best attack redirector, or is Togekiss or something else better?

U SHALL NOT PASS (Gothitelle) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic
- Protect

Last, but certainly not least, we have gothitelle in the team. Gothitelle is pretty much exactly the same as gothorita, with dual screens, psychic, and protect. I decided to give gothitelle a focus sash because i didn't want it to be OHKOed. I'm thinking i should replace that with another item like light clay or sitrus berry, though, it doesn't get OHKOed very much...

Opinions on who I should replace, moves I should change, items I should change? Please don't post anything like "this is a stupid gimmick lol". I feel like with some help, this team can be the very best, like no-one ever was.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebanksmogondoublesbeta-62643156
A replay to show how this team works. along with some jimmy rustling

Last edited:
Can't comment on the actual team, but watched the video it is actually hilarious to see it in action. Just have to say this though:

butterfrees: like this is original
butterfrees: if this was real doubles you'd be fucked

butterfrees forfeited.

iliketrains11 won the battle!
Ladder updating...
butterfrees left.
iliketrains11's rating: 1973 → 1975
(+2 for winning)
butterfrees's rating: 1417 → 1410
(-7 for losing)

lol

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You are a monster and I hate you

Lol nah I beat you with Blizzspam last gen and it was incredibly satisfying

You might want to put Foul Play on Murkrow over Substitute. Since Ghosts can no longer be trapped, it hits them for super effective damage, boning Trevenant hard and still hurting Jellicent and co. It also hits Exploud, who can carry Soundproof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)