SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

Shame that Sleep Talk isn't in PLA - with Vaporeon getting CM, it could have been a neat CroCune set in lower tiers (CroPoreon?).

Power Shift sounds absolutely hilarious, although I can't see it working very well without something like Sturdy Custap, since a lot of the mons that get it are slow as sin.
Avalugg may be able to make use. It gets Sturdy and has Ice Shard. Coming off a base 184 attack will hit like a truck! Would obviously be really good in Trick Room as well.

Did I miss level up moves being posted?

Does Lumineon get Roost naturally while the Water BIRD has to get it event exclusive lmao
If you mean the Piplup line don't worry Roost is part of its level up movepool
Edit: It feels like Infernape made out the worst of the gen iv starters at least from a preliminary glance. Infernape gets a Fire type outrage while Empoleon gets Wave crash and roost and Torterra gets sleep powder and headlong rush. Though admittedly he probably needed help the least.

Last edited:
If you mean the Piplup line don't worry Roost is part of its level up movepool
Edit: It feels like Infernape made out the worst of the gen iv starters at least from a preliminary glance. Infernape gets a Fire type outrage while Empoleon gets Wave crash and roost and Torterra gets sleep powder and headlong rush. Though admittedly he probably needed help the least.
They had the perfect chance to give him Aura Sphere too :(

Maybe you missed that it's Teddiursa who evolves into Ursaluna. It looks to be a split evolution a la Slowbro/Slowking.

EDIT: Outdated intel. See below.

I haven't spoiled the boss fights for myself, but based on the moves we know are in the game it shouldn't be hard to identify the frontrunners. I will omit the new forms of Dialga and Palkia because they are obviously endgame monsters, they are hardly different from the standard forms, and they will be surefire Ubers once they enter the main series. I will also omit Enamorus because she's probably postgame and I've shilled her enough already.
  1. Hisuian Goodra—It's already a pseudo, and it's only been improved by its new form.
  2. Ursaluna—Even without Guts, base 140 Atk is nothing to sneeze at.
  3. Kleavor—Same speed as Overqwil and the new Samurott, but it's stronger and benefitting from buffed X-Scissor.
  4. Hisuian Arcanine—This guy's probably the reason why Head Smash is in the game. High BST as always.
  5. Sneasler—Basically Weavile but with stronger STAB moves across the board. You just know they're giving this thing Close Combat.
The last slot is a toss-up.
I want to say Overqwil because it looks stronger than the new Samurott by stats, but we don't know that it gets a good Dark move.
I also want to recommend Hisuian Zoroark because it's a faster version of the new Typhlosion, but I'd first need to be sure that it learns Tri Attack.
Finally, Hisuian Lilligant will be good someday, but it's not that strong without Hustle. It's already better than the new Decidueye.

As with many hyper-restricted team requests (cough 6-CAP cough), a 6-Hisui team may need to settle for something less than optimal. I suppose #6 should be whichever one of the aforementioned three gets what it wants. They potentially outcompete the starters, but they each need a little something extra to boost them above the rest of the roster. Keep an ear out for news on them.
So now knowing the movepools what would your final opinion be?

How would a Team of Ridable Pokemon fair (Wyrdeer, Braviary, Basculegion, Ursaluna, Sneasler + one of the starters)?
Because a Team of Boss Nobles does not seem such fun with 3 rock types and H-Arcanine, H-Avalug and H-Liligant all have at least 1 double-weakness.

Or maybe a non-Noble Team of H-Goodra, H-Zoroark, Overquil and all 3 Starters (as it seems you can eventually get them).

Can you Mark all of these Teams ideas?

Oh, God. Even ignoring all the garbage data for Pokémon and moves that are not even in the game, so much of this is still zany.
  • Kleavor: Close Combat @ 43, mastered @ 54.
  • Enamorus: Tackle @ 1, mastered @ 12.
  • Dusknoir: Leech Life @ 18, mastered @ 28.
  • Infernape: Raging Fury @ 46, mastered @ 58.
  • Torterra: Headlong Rush @ 57, mastered @ 71.
Other notes:
  • Sig move replacement theory was spot-on. Take Heart is for Manaphy, Lunar Blessing for Cresselia, and (new) Mystical Power for the Lake Trio.
  • This corroborates my earlier report that Lopunny gets a much-needed Double-Edge. Purugly too!
Curious, why is Enamorus getting Tackle interesting?

You're all talking about Power Shift like it's viable, and forget that mons that get it are slow as fuck, and the move makes them frail. This is Power Trick Shuckle all over again
Cresselia might be good. 120/70/75 bulk isn't awful, and 85 speed isn't unworkable. Combine that with it getting a recovery move that also buffs its defences *and gives it evasion*, at least for the 25 minutes until Lunar Blessing is banned in every format.

You're all talking about Power Shift like it's viable, and forget that mons that get it are slow as fuck, and the move makes them frail. This is Power Trick Shuckle all over again
Obviously it isn't the most viable strategy, but I think there are some pokemon that may be able to make use of it:

High HP mons: Cresselia and Blissey fit this niche. Both have high HP which helps mitigate their now lower defenses (120/70/75 for Cresselia and 255/10/75), in addition to the fact that both can run Calm Mind (or Lunar Blessing for Cresselia) to boost their Special defense even more while also boosting their now higher Special attack (130 and 135 respectively). On top of that, both have recovery moves (Recover/Lunar Blessing for Cresselia and Softboiled for Blissey). Cresselia probably has a better chance of pulling it off thanks to Lunar Blessing, but Blissey should be able to pull it off against a Special Attacker.

Priority Mons: Dusknoir (Shadow Sneak) and Avalugg (Ice Shard) work for this type. I've already mentioned above about how Avalugg can make use of this.

Speed Increasers: Steelix, Probopass, Bastiodon, Gliscor, and Avalugg all have access to Rock Polish, Dusknoir has Trick Room, and Mantine has Tailwind and Agility. This is a very situational move to pull off, but it is possible.

On top of this, mons like Uxie have decently high speed stats as is to take advantage of.

I do wonder if Tutored moves can't be "mastered".
That'd give a interesting edge on pokemon that learn the move naturally over pokes that get it via tutor.
There's an item that can be traded for mastery, so maybe their intended use is for the tutor moves that wouldn't be mastered otherwise?

So Gallade not only gets CC nerfed, but also gains literally nothing in his debut gen and "loses" night slash since the move doesn't exist. No stat buffs either.
Gardevoir on the other hand has received mystical fire, aura sphere, recover, ice beam in the span of a gen and half, while pretty much every other Sinnoh mon gets meaningful buffs and additions to their movepools despite Gallade being competitively worse than most of them.
Jeez GF what has the poor guy done to you, get your shit together and make him better for Arceus' sake.
I don't even smile when I get a Dawn Stone anymore... :psycry:

Btw, reports say that you can find them in the timespace shifts on the overworld. Ralts is around the 2nd major area.

Night Slash does still exist, it's just that Gallade itself doesn't learn it.
:pikuh::smogduck::facepalm:

No words. I'mma take a minute.

The other option for Power Shift is something with really good mixed offenses swapping them for it's unbalanced defenses. Consider Flareon*. 65/130/60/95/110/65. 65/60/110 defenses, 130 atk with no good physical STAB, 95 SpA. Not great for anything. Post-Shift, 65/130/95 defenses, 110 SpA. There's a glimmer of a set there. Not seriously viable, but more improvement than it gets from any other set-up move in it's arsenal.

*Yes, it sucks, but I'm not spending more time looking for an example.

Power Shift is like Power Trick in that it will never see any usage anywhere except at the bottom of the ladder on gimmick teams. Spending an entire turn to shift your stats is pointless when you could be actually boosting them with Calm Mind / Swords Dance etc or simply using a Pokemon with a better stat spread in the first place.

Cresselia for example assuming Bold 252 HP / 252 Def has the following stats...

After Calm Mind - 444 / 158 / 372 / 279 / 444 / 206
After Power Shift - 444 / 372 / 158 / 296 / 186 / 206

Idk, seems like complete garbage. You can try a specially defensive spread to get more "special attack" with Power Shift but again you're better off just running offensive EVs on a Calm Mind set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)