SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

I could be mistaken, but apparently GF might internally consider the new Pokemon as part of Gen 9. Their asset index numbers are 1001 through 1007. For anyone who doesn't know, all Gen 1-5 Pokemon have asset numbers (i.e. how their texture files or cry audio files are named) identical to their National Pokedex numbers, but starting from XY, all Gen 6 Pokemon have an asset number in the 700s (Furfrou: 701, Hoopa: 774), all Gen 7 Pokemon are numbered from 801 (Mareanie) to 892 (Melmetal), and all Gen 8 Pokemon are numbered from 901 (Nicket) to 990 (Regidrago).

I personally don't think it means anything significant (I still personally group Melmetal with Gen 8 despite it being indexed as part of Gen 7) and ultimately the line between generations has been getting blurrier, but I found it interesting nonetheless.
Actually, we can be reasonably certain this isn't the case* thanks to common sense (and also Pokémon GO, but mostly common sense).

Pokémon aren't actually officially classified by generation the way games are, but rather by region (Meltan and Melmetal are the lone exceptions, as they debuted in a remake and have no known region of origin, so they're classified separately despite being grouped with the Alolan Pokémon in terms of asset numbers). While Wyrdeer, Kleavor, Ursaluna, Basculegion, and Enamorus could conceivably be "sneak peeks" of the next core game and possibly be part of its regional Pokédex, the same probably can't be said of Overquil and Sneasler, which not only evolve from regional forms, but seemingly EXTINCT regional forms to boot. It would make little sense for them to be classified with a different region.

Furthermore, we know from a recent Pokémon GO datamine that Hisui will have its own Pokédex category in that game, which would be kind of silly if it only contained two Pokémon. Given that the National Dex order has the two regional evolutions sandwiched in between the cross-gen evolutions and Enamorus, and their asset index numbers are all in the 1XXX range, it seems fairly obvious that all of the PLA Pokémon are meant to be part of the same regional category, i.e. Hisui, and not the region from the next game.

*I'm assuming since you said "part of gen 9" and not just "gen 9" you meant the PLA mons would be in the next game's regional dex, if you misspoke and meant PLA is itself a new gen separate from both gen 8 and whatever game comes next, then that's certainly a valid point of view. "Generation" is kind of an outdated and meaningless term at this point anyway, I think we should all just categorize them by region the same way Game Freak does.

I swear this move was confirmed to be a 50% recoil move a la Steel Beam. They're very similar statistically anyway. If true, Chloroblast is not exactly as spammable as you make it out to be.
Oh... I forgot to read the recoil.

The description that I pasted on the parenthesis came from the Reddit leak post, although it doesn't tell you how much the recoil is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u218EO04LgZG5IJdk-Y9rAVYWjUPWPXKwDXGllyX_Tg/edit#gid=0

Most likely the speed would be translated to -1 if transferred to regular formats while the recoil might be that of a Wild Charge, or could be 50% if the move gets boosted to 130BP or even 150BP upon transfer.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Has it been found what Springtide Storm’s effect is for both formes of Enamorus? We know one of them is an omniboost (tho idt we know for which forme).

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Here's mine.
1643116904679.png

I'm team Rowlet, but I don't really like Decidueye-H, and I wanna try Lilligant. If I go Rowlet instead tho, I replace Lilli by Arcanine, Ursaluna by Zoroark-H, and Kleavor by... hum.... Braviary ?

1643117114290.png

Kleavor, H-Goodra, either Wyrdeer or Ursaluna, Rapidash, H-Decidueye, Whiscash.

For future playthroughs, I'm also planning an all-Ghost run with Typhlosion, Basculegion, H-Zoroark, Rotom-Mow, and 2 others depending on what's available. I want to do a normal run first though, just to see if it's feasible.

Has it been found what Springtide Storm’s effect is for both formes of Enamorus? We know one of them is an omniboost (tho idt we know for which forme).
Incarnate has the omniboost. Trying to get Therian's effect, but I've just been missing so much with the move. It definitely doesn't feel like a 30% effect chance either.
Edit: Thierian's effect drops the enemy's offense and defense.

Incarnate has the omniboost. Trying to get Therian's effect, but I've just been missing so much with the move. It definitely doesn't feel like a 30% effect chance either.
Edit: Thierian's effect drops the enemy's offense and defense.
do u have link source where u found it dude?

I know, but from experience, GF doesn't always make sense, so...
I know we like to rag on gamefreak a lot but after a certain point maybe we can assume that no, they did not design a signature move for an ability it literally cannot have in its introduction game

especially when it only has a chance to go off (in contrast if it was basically flying (?) leaf storm with 120-140 BP and always lowered a certain stat) and it would be for a hidden ability you'd probably have to go out of your way for..
Sometimes the normal thoughts are correct!

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
I know we like to rag on gamefreak a lot but after a certain point maybe we can assume that no, they did not design a signature move for an ability it literally cannot have in its introduction game

especially when it only has a chance to go off (in contrast if it was basically flying (?) leaf storm with 120-140 BP and always lowered a certain stat) and it would be for a hidden ability you'd probably have to go out of your way for..
Sometimes the normal thoughts are correct!
I know! I'm just not used to it anymore! :psysly: :bloblul:

I want to plan my team, but I don’t know how to translate where a Pokémon appears into how far in the game they show up since I don’t know the order we can get to areas.
I'll try my best to tell you where, using some help from the spreadsheet. Unless specified, you can find them right from the start without any barriers. Generally, first area's barrier is the dividing bridge, the third's barrier is the sea and the fourth's is wayward cave and the small section afterwards. I don't think the second has any barriers. Can be slightly inaccurate regarding the time you can first find them.

Snover Family: Last area, very common. You can't miss them
Abra family: First area, slightly hidden and full of overleveled mon for the area. Needs berry shenanigans due to it's running style.
Aipom family: Third area, there's literally an aipom hill.
Bergmite family: Last area.
Barboach family: Second area. Needs to catch them in the rivers but you don't need the third area's basculegion.
Shieldon, crandios, porygon, the original sneasel, magnemite and starters' family: Distortions.
Wurmple Family: First area. Extremely common.
Chansey Family: Spreadsheet says first area but i started to see chansey at the third area.
Bidoof family: First mon to catch.
Bonsly family: Second area.
Rufflet family: Last area, very common in lakes and such.
Bronzor family: fourth area, hard to miss. Requires some quest progress.
Budew family: second area, literally can't miss.
Buizel family: First area, hard to miss
Buneary family: First area, Near the arena. Requires some quest progress
Burmy family: Grass form first area, ground form second area, steel form third area. Jumps out from trees. Requires some quest progress( I think)
Carnivine : second area, very common.
Chatot: third area, right side.
Cherubi family: first area. Can't confirm because haven't personally seen it.
Chimchar family: Do will-o-wisp quest or wait for basculegion. If the former, first area; third area otherwise.
Chingling family: fourth area, hard to miss. Requires some quest progress
clefairy family: fourth area in a specific place, only appears at night i believe. No idea about cleffa. Requires some quest progress
Combee family: first area says the spreadsheet but I can't personally remember so no confirmation here. No quest progress for the second area though.
Croagunk family: second area. Requires some quest progress
Zubat family: first area. Requires some quest progress
Skourpi family: second area.
Drifloon family: first area at night.
Duskull family: third area, right side at night.
Eevee family: first area left side but only one and rare so you need a keen eye.
Elekid family: Fourth area, around the snowy northern part. Requires some quest progress
Voltorb family: fourth area, near the arena. Requires some quest progress
Piplup family: Third area, requires basculegion
Finneon family: Third area, requires basculegion
Snorunt family: fifth area, common.
Gible family: fourth area wayward cave.
Ralts family: second area right side, there's a ruin like thing.
Shellos family: first area right side, slightly hidden and full of overleveled mon for the area
Glameow family: third area, hard to miss.
Gligar family: fourth area. Requires some quest progress
Psyduck family: first area. Requires some quest progress
Geodude family: first area. Requires some quest progress
Goomy family: second area, requires either stantler shenanigans near the unreachable island or basculegion
Turtwig family: second area, very hidden. Go to the right end of the map, it's near a small pond surrounded by ursarings.
Growlithe family: Third area but stantler shenanigans are required to get to the top of the mountain.
Magikarp family: requires basculegion i believe.
Heracross: fourth area. Requires some quest progress
Hippopotas family: second area.
Murkrow family: second area at night.
Scyther family: first area near the arena. Requires some quest progress
Kricketot family: first area. Requires some quest progress
Lickitung family: second area.
Petilil family: second area near arena.
Riolu family: Quite hidden. The best clue i can tell you is to try to climb the mountains on the left and search for an alpha lucario. There is a riolu at the bottom of the mountain.
Shinx family: first area, can't miss.
Starly family: first area, can't miss.
Machop family: third area i believe.
Magby family: third area firespit island and thus requires basculegion.
Swinub family: last area, very common.
Mantyke family: Third area, requires basculegion
mime jr family: first area right side, slightly hidden.
misdreavus family: fourth area at night. Requires some quest progress
munchlax family: first area.
Vulpix family: third area.
Alolan vulpix family: quest fifth area from what i've heard.
Nosepass family: fourth area. Requires some quest progress
Remoraid family: Third area, requires basculegion
Onix family: fourth area. Requires some quest progress
Qwilfish family: Third area, requires basculegion
Tentacool family: Third area, requires basculegion
Pachirisu family: second area
Paras family: first area. Requires some quest progress
Pichu family: First area, hidden on the right side of the map
Ponyta family: first area.
Rhyhorn family: second area.
rotom: fourth area night. Requires some quest progress
Spheal family: third area
stunky family: second area
Hisuian sneasel family: fourth area. Requires some quest progress
teddiursa family: second area
spiritomb: i believe you need to finish the will o wisp quest.
tangela family: second area.
togepi family: second area
yanma family: second area.
stantler family: first area. requires some quest progress
Zorua family: fifth area, hidden and you need to go underground via a hole. (There are multiple of these)

Who is missing abilities? Why only data ? Will they fix that?
No one in the game has abilities because the game was designed around not having abilities.

The ~240 pokemon that are in the game do still have their abilities listed internally since it's part of the Pokemon data structure, but the rest do not have abilities or anything since they're not in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)