Pokemon Masters

So I got a new phone yesterday and it's compatible with Masters.

I played up to completing the first chapter to get Rosa and everyone's favourite Pokémon. So far it seems pretty nice.

And then they'll make rock types irrelevant for the next 15 events lol.

The rock event is another farming one, you can exchange tickets for items. Anyone finding the coop very hard difficulty particularly difficult? My Lycanroc is at level 86 at the moment and getting 2HKOed. Nothing else can take hits lol.

Last edited:
Why is Blaine representing the Rock-type event?
Because he uses Ponyta which is weak to rock so he's kinda like "come beat me for easy EXP" I guess.

Also I'm really not a fan of these coop-based events. You're pretty much screwed if one person on your team doesn't know what he/she is doing.

You get 6000 (yes, three zeros) gems for free as bug compensation, which should equal 20 pulls. This is a pretty huge amount especially given how little the story gives you. Also, it appears on new accounts (or so I heard), which would make it a fantastic opportunity to reroll or just get into the game in general. A very generous move on DeNA's part, possibly as a response to complaints about how many free gems you can get.

Last edited:
The bug in question was how Dire Hit was meant to be Dire Hit+ for all non story units. This raises the crit ratio by 2 per use, meaning after 2 uses every hit will crit.

Big winners include Karen, Brendan, Bruno, Gardenia, Phoebe and Crasher Wake.

The bug in question was how Dire Hit was meant to be Dire Hit+ for all non story units. This raises the crit ratio by 2 per use, meaning after 2 uses every hit will crit.

Big winners include Karen, Brendan, Bruno, Gardenia, Phoebe and Crasher Wake.
Wasn't there a bug to do with upgrading gear costing more material than it should as well?

I got so many dupes with the compensation rolls it does not feel funny. I managed to get a Roark AND max his Sync Move, to give a clear example.

At least I got a Phoebe.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is the bug that brings you back to the Pokémon Center after every victory fixed? I'm afraid to learn how to switch and attack during the same turn, since it would make the farming really anoying.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So we've been doing a LOT of Ex challenges on the Smogon discord, and this strategy was pointed out about fighting Skyla. Nice thing about it is that only 2 Lycanrocs are actually needed, as the host needs to use a maxed out Serperior. So basically, this challenge can be done with 1, totally free to play player whose really unlucky with rolls!

https://pokemonmasters.gamepress.gg/story-battle-guide/battle-guide-ex-challenge-skyla-very-hard

Reason I bring this up, is because Lycanroc is a fucking MONSTER with tihs gear. After we got it a ton of gear, me, vzxt , and FenrirTheWolf witnesses Lycanroc's true cheesing power, and were bsaically able to destroy Rosa Ex on very hard with well placed Stone Edge spam! It's really quite something, Lycanroc is probably the best raiding mon in the game for sure!

Even if you don't have Lycanroc though, I'd say using this tactic with friends is worth it. The timing is pretty weird for the Serperior player at first, but once its nailed down, this tactic is very consistent. Pokemon whose typing don't match the gear get half the boots, which with 2 star gear, will acutally be just as much as a type alligned 2 star gear when maxed!

To be clear, for random farming, Brock Ex on very hard is probably the best just because the strategy is really obvious (use Treecko, boost up, spam leaf storm), but Brock is best done with stuff you need to roll for like Treecko, Nosepass, and Feraligatr (or Clawtizer as the budget option). Nice thing about Skyla is is that at very least, one person can be a totally 100% free player!

(Also, if any of you want to add me, my code is 7374-9940-1819-5337. I'm more than willing to co-op with yall!)

So we've been doing a LOT of Ex challenges on the Smogon discord, and this strategy was pointed out about fighting Skyla. Nice thing about it is that only 2 Lycanrocs are actually needed, as the host needs to use a maxed out Serperior. So basically, this challenge can be done with 1, totally free to play player whose really unlucky with rolls!

https://pokemonmasters.gamepress.gg/story-battle-guide/battle-guide-ex-challenge-skyla-very-hard

Reason I bring this up, is because Lycanroc is a fucking MONSTER with tihs gear. After we got it a ton of gear, me, vzxt , and FenrirTheWolf witnesses Lycanroc's true cheesing power, and were bsaically able to destroy Rosa Ex on very hard with well placed Stone Edge spam! It's really quite something, Lycanroc is probably the best raiding mon in the game for sure!

Even if you don't have Lycanroc though, I'd say using this tactic with friends is worth it. The timing is pretty weird for the Serperior player at first, but once its nailed down, this tactic is very consistent. Pokemon whose typing don't match the gear get half the boots, which with 2 star gear, will acutally be just as much as a type alligned 2 star gear when maxed!

To be clear, for random farming, Brock Ex on very hard is probably the best just because the strategy is really obvious (use Treecko, boost up, spam leaf storm), but Brock is best done with stuff you need to roll for like Treecko, Nosepass, and Feraligatr (or Clawtizer as the budget option). Nice thing about Skyla is is that at very least, one person can be a totally 100% free player!

(Also, if any of you want to add me, my code is 7374-9940-1819-5337. I'm more than willing to co-op with yall!)
Stone Edge ftw!

Following on what Theorymon said. We regularly form teams to farm co-op gear. Right now there are around 7 people in Smogon discord able to team up. We'd really appreciate more people join us since sometimes it's difficult to find a 3rd person to play co-op.

Stone Edge ftw!

Following on what Theorymon said. We regularly form teams to farm co-op gear. Right now there are around 7 people in Smogon discord able to team up. We'd really appreciate more people join us since sometimes it's difficult to find a 3rd person to play co-op.
I’m definitely interested in joining. Unfortunately, I’m gonna be traveling for a bit in the next month and living in Asia might make timing a bit odd sometimes.

Wow, it's gonna be event after event after event, isn't it? Water-type training event soon!

This really messes with me because I have enough material to level break one 5* attacker, but I'm having difficulty choosing between Pidgeot, Treecko, and now Croconaw (I have enough coins to evolve him, just haven't been bothered to) with the announcement of this event. So far, I have Dusclops, Lycanroc, and Serperior maxed out.

And another!

Last edited:

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm already bored of the game. I have all F2P units + my three pulls maxed, saving gems for the next best thing, but there is nothing interesting.

Tepig is the next unit. An offensive Pokémon counting on Flare Blitz to damage the opponent. Well, since hard opponents have 40 times more HP than me, I die on the recoil to inflict 1/10 of damages...

And following Tepig, the datamining has revealed Zebstrika... An offensive unit with Wild Charge.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pokemon Masters has been recieving some criticism for lacking interesting gameplay after the main tasks are completed, or how high tier sync pairs are better than the lower tier ones. so here's an apology: Producer's Apology
Sounds like they had no one test the game at all to see how long content would last nor didn't know the community they were making the game for which is a heavily competitive group who will of course figure out the best choices & combinations.

And while normally I would say it's a good thing they apologizes, I've seen so many companies give out this similar apologies and yet do nothing or changes they do make little to no difference. At maybe the very least they now can't do nothing, they have to do something and an immediate thing they can do is make rewards better which sounds nice. But we'll not only see if it truly is better but also they really need to up the content and balance things. Seriously, you have a ton of the important Pokemon Trainers in one location, so many possible scenarios and possibilities, plus unique elements like Prince Leer & Team Break... and yet you STILL ran out of content? That's a bad sign of lack of creativity or you made a model which would require constant updates yet you're unable to provide those constant updates.

Last edited:
The second Producer's Mail is here, and they've set out a timeline for stuff they want to get done in the months leading up to March:

November: Increasing the types of rewards and number of rewards you can get from current missions.
December: Optimizing level designs (game balance), events in which you can add buddy pairs (probably not gacha), improving tempo in coop (YES), buddy animations (I'm guessing similar to the ones you get in the main games.)
January: Improving the leveling up system and new events for leveling up in order for players to have their unique pairs. Sounds like something similar to Go where you can pick move sets.
February: New single player content.
March: 6-month anniversary events and new story modes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)