NOC Pokemon Mystery Dungeon NOCfia DX

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Same as the other two. Was lying my arse off about Watcher the whole time.

Yeah, so, fun shit happened.

M2H told me I wassa getting bussed and the plan was to keep them alive... but we fucked up claims.

CaffeineBoost

M2H completely forgot that their action failed during the BG claim... and that role getting flipped was fucking terrible for me.
The fact that I survived the Day 3 lynch is still rather maddening to me.

CaffeineBoost

Anyway, since this game grinded to a halt I have a shitpost:

I clean up my act, I caught a scum slip, I'm a nearly confirmed Watcher, I'm unlynched for two days, and THIS happens. M2H goes and gets busted down in jail, and guess who the fuck with? dopog. I mean, what are the fucking odds? There had to be 10,000 players in this game, and dopog jails the one dumb enough to forget they were jailed during the night. Even more fucked, was that they got busted for shit that had nothing to do with me. It had nothing to fucking do with me! Something about rolecopping a softclaim through off-shore mail delivery and a guy named HeaLnDeaL. You know, the Vanilla Townie. Vanilla Townie? Vanilla fucking Townie? VANILLA-FUCKING-TOWNIE?! WHY?! WHY, WHY, GOD?! Why would you be so cruel as to choose a chain of fucking post offices to take me down?!

M2H, this is a reference to a film, I don't mean to call you dumb, we both made mistakes this game, ily <3

And with that, the rescue teams successfully chased down the last fugitive.

Dear CaffeineBoost,

You are Squirtle, the protagonist. Formerly a human, you were transformed into a Pokemon with no memory of why, and promptly formed a rescue team with the Charmander that found you outside of Tiny Woods. Your appearance has supposedly caused the balance of nature to get messed up though, which kinda blows, and now you're on the run and trying to uncover the truth. Or hide it, in this case, being mafia and all. But hey, whatever works.

At night (once only), you may respond to your Role PM with one of the following:

"Night X: washing USER away": You will use Surf on your target, causing them to lose track of their surroundings. You will obtain your target's Role PM.

"Night X: freezing USER": You will leave your target frozen solid after a powerful Ice Beam. You will block your target's actions.

In short, you are a 1-shot Rolecop or Roleblocker.

You win when the Fugitives have achieved parity with the Town Square
And with that, town went away to celebrate for a few days until they were promptly crushed by a meteor. RIP

Game is over. Congrats to the town!

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
ggwp, thanks for hosting sb! yay me for dying after doing nothing d1, had a lot of fun playing with the first timers/people who i rarely play with, hope to see you guys around in future games

remember to always think about role claims and it's unlikely for scum to have an extra kill in 13p setups :heart:

remember to always think about role claims and it's unlikely for scum to have an extra kill in 13p setups :heart:
Agree with this, also when people wanted to lynch Schia in 6p, it was literally suboptimal because Schia vigging a non-clear didn't affect the number of lynches left even if they misfired. tl;dr letting Schia vig = town gets 3 chances, not letting Schia vig = town gets 2 chances.

why are all the scum roles rc/rb

seriously what
I guess this just happened because I was curious as to what scum would do/how they would play. I think double rolecopping N1 and holding 1 charge for roleblocking later is a good play in an alternative timeline for this game, but I just wanted to try something that seemed cool and flexible. With how the game played out, it didn't really turn out that way, but scum being low powered seemed reasonable to me because town only had 3 PRs.

1x Town Tracker
1x Town Jailkeeper
1x Town Even Night Vigilante
7x Town Vanilla

3x Mafia 1-shot Rolecop or Roleblocker

I don't have much more to say about setup. It may have been slightly townsided (I was supposed to host later so uh, I kinda did the balancing in a hurry) but not overly so. I think this game showed the worst case scenario of "town has a lot of clearing power when scum numbers get low early on", but also Caffeine kinda made it worse for himself by locking himself into protecting Haruno every night with the Watcher.

dopog may have been better off as doccog, I guess, but I don't think roles were the major factor in how the game played out - moreso that scum got too bus-happy early on and got punished for it, especially with the claims they chose to follow up with putting them in a bit of a hole. Town mostly played fine (hard to really blame them for the TBZ lynch) but really I would've liked to see more people looking at whoever is the scummiest itg rather than focusing on role-based play. Lrr was right that Schia's play + vig shot target aligned properly and lended credence to their claim and Schia had a very good slam dunk case on Caffeine which got kinda ignored at first due to solving strategies. It turned out fine in the way, but that kinda thing is how gamethrows begin.

As someone who just lost a game because a townie claimed Masons with a mafia member, you really can't depend on roles to carry the day.

That's postgame, I guess. I was busy in the midgame where the vast majority of the posts took place, so I don't have loads to say there. Sorry for being kinda low on votal counts btw, I should've done better at keeping on top of those regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)