Pokemon Showdown app for Android and iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Showdown for the iPad?

I've tried pokemon showdown on my iPad Mini and it works alright, it's just really slow and laggy. Is there anything I can do or download to make quicker and more efficient?

jrp

Banned deucer.
at the moment, PS is mainly optimized for computers. Zarel said that he'd eventually get around to adding mobile support.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Keep in mind that a new client should be developed just for this, so it won't be done soon.

I'd love it if they made an app for showdown on iPad, itd make playing so much easier. I've been playing via iPad mainly for a while now and it gets frustrating when i'm unable to copy my custom team's text file. other than that it works completely fine on my ipad.

I can "technically" run Pokemon Showdown on my phone, but it never fully loads. It says connecting to port 80 and then never advances past that step. I have a fairly low-end phone, is that the reason why it's not working, or does PS just not work well on a phone?

you need a good phone with flash support at least 1ghz processor

My HTC wildfire doesnt even load but on my 1.2ghz tablet it works but its a bit slow

It technically works the the iPad Mini but its ridiculously laggy. I can't manage to create my own team and sometimes it lags so much that the tab freezes. Is there any way around this?

jrp

Banned deucer.
Pokemon Showdown won't have a native app for ios due to the fact that it would never get past apple's approval. it could feasibly have an android port because of the fact that you can install packages from outside of Google Play though.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
maybe it's just a "my internet is weird at times and randomly gets better/worse", but turning the lobby chat off /lobbychat off worked wonders for me! :) I like PS!

Also, and iPod app would be wonderful but I'm fine on a laptop.

Google Chrome is the stock browser as of Android 4.1 (aka. Jelly Bean). Prior to that, you can download it for free from Google given you have 4.0 (aka. Ice Cream Sandwich). If you're on Gingerbread (2.3), you can use Firefox Beta, but I don't know how well this works.
Gingerbread can't run firefox that well. It always hangs. The best way is to get Ice cream sandwich.

at the moment, PS is mainly optimized for computers. Zarel said that he'd eventually get around to adding mobile support.
Hope we can have this for this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, i tried playing PS on my PC Firefox and Chrome, but it doesn't let me log in, nor does it work, can someone help?
P.S.: I'm on WindowsXP, don't know if that will help

Check this, however, I think its still under development.
^That's quite useful.

Also, this is a pretty old thread I must say, but you people should stop complaining that something for free isn't available on every gizmo and gadget you have. It's not like the devs work for you. You should learn some coding and try to help out instead of bugging the devs to do stuff for you. If you can't do it, don't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)