Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like if he was on a rom the game would probably be everywhere by this point
If he has a cart it's just as easy to dump the .3ds, and only slightly harder to dump the .cia which adds an extra level of safety from his perspective, since dumping the .3ds contains info that identifies the individual unit and could end up getting traced back to him through the store the unit was sent to. All he'd have to do is convert to .cia, put on a VPN, throw it on mega for a few people to download then delete it to destroy the evidence.

If he has a cart it's just as easy to dump the .3ds, and only slightly harder to dump the .cia which adds an extra level of safety from his perspective, since dumping the .3ds contains info that identifies the individual unit and could end up getting traced back to him through the store the unit was sent to. All he'd have to do is convert to .cia, put on a VPN, throw it on mega for a few people to download then delete it to destroy the evidence.
yeah but a rom implies he got it from somewhere, at least having the cart implies he's too lazy/unknowledgable to dump it

and why deny it

he's on 4chan leaking out signficant details of a game not out for another week and a half, somehow I don't think being on a rom matters anymore

Decidueye has been like my favorite Grass starter since I knew it was Grass/Ghost and then they screw it up with that crap speed, Spirit Shackle seems like an overall good move though.

Hope they give a lot of previous gen mons useful abilities and expanded movepool.

Decidueye has been like my favorite Grass starter since I knew it was Grass/Ghost and then they screw it up with that crap speed, Spirit Shackle seems like an overall good move though.

Hope they give a lot of previous gen mons useful abilities and expanded movepool.
I hope for good movepool boost, more grass types with Earth Power or outright new moves like dragon hammer, seriously I'm tired of running dragon claw out of fear of outrage locks.

They slip need to respect levitate on Gengar , that was his thing...

I hope for good movepool boost, more grass types with Earth Power or outright new moves like dragon hammer, seriously I'm tired of running dragon claw out of fear of outrage locks.

They slip need to respect levitate on Gengar , that was his thing...
no screw gengar
it has been OU for long enough, this series needs to nerfs stronger pokemon to decrease powercreep. powercreep is so dumb in pokemon, can't even use half of the pokemon i like cause they are outclassed.

Well, since Gengar only has one ability (not counting HA), is there any chance they added a new ability instead of changing Levitate?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The "Gengar lost Levitate" just seems like wishful thinking by someone who dislikes it.

Honestly, i'm really starting to doubt that persons claim altogether. Sure they may have gotten Pikipek's evolution, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't lie and mix in false information as well.

no screw gengar
it has been OU for long enough, this series needs to nerfs stronger pokemon to decrease powercreep. powercreep is so dumb in pokemon, can't even use half of the pokemon i like cause they are outclassed.
the complaints about powercreep are interesting to me since it feels like this gen (from what we've seen) and last gen that most newer pokemon feel kind of low power (general sense not just literally attacking stats (although even then gen 6 felt more defensive in stats...)). Sure you have your outliers like Gale Wings Talonflame, Protean Greninja, Aegislash but everyone else is just kind "eh ok". (I say as someone who isn't super into
competitive).

Megas excluded from that conversation, of course.

also, let's be honest, some pokemon have always outclassed others. I was messing with FRLG and even there (which is almost uniformly gen 1 vs gen 1 with a few gen 2 for flavor) I could feel how easily half my team was outclassed by the other half. Just a question as to the extent of the outclassing

e: I guess I should also say I'm not denying there is power creep. megas are intentionally super strong, msot gen 5 pokemon seemed better than earlier ones, etc

Last edited:
Imagen if gamefreak attempted to balance every mon to be on equal grounds. It would be next to impossible sadly. even something like (Every Pokemon at 100 has the same BST just rearranged or like when in competitive I think when Pokemon are downgraded to lv 50 down grade the BST's to a one uniform number[and raise it for those who aren't in the same BST]) probably wouldn't work. if my babbling didn't make sense the gist was what if when you went in competitive all pokemon's BST's were say 500.

Just realized my babbling about this generation's pokemon probably goes out the window when considering ultra beasts. I'm guessing most of them are on par with legendaries and its pretty hard to mess those up so that's a solid +8 and i'm sure the tapus will all see good usage

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Just realized my babbling about this generation's pokemon probably goes out the window when considering ultra beasts. I'm guessing most of them are on par with legendaries and its pretty hard to mess those up so that's a solid +8 and i'm sure the tapus will all see good usage
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. I mean, they'll have solid BSTs and the Tapus have typings that are at least reasonably solid, but movepools, stat distributions, and even what the rest of the meta looks like are all major factors. There's plenty of legendaries who don't see much use in OU and some that basically don't exist even in lower tiers. The UBs definitely do look powerful and they've been seriously hyped up, but it's actually kinda easy to fuck up a legendary (or their equivalent, in this case) if it's not built right. If I had to guess, I'd say they're more likely to be good than not, but for every success story like Heatran or Suicune there's a Mesprit or an Articuno that isn't so great. All I want is for the UB-02s to take OU by storm

Does anyone know if Alolan Dugtrio keeps Arena Trap?
We don't know that yet.

OK, so I did stat calcs. I took into account each Mon's Nature, looked at min/max values, looked at the trends of their pre-Evos' stats (when possible), and I came up with these rough estimates:

Decidueye:
HP: 90
ATK: 100
DEF: 80
SPA: 100
SPD: 100
SPE: 60

Think Venusaur, only slower, Physically stronger, a bit bulkier, and packing Priority. I actually see serious Wallbreaking potential here, especially when you factor in the possibility of Swords Dance.

Gumshoos:
HP: 85
ATK: 120
DEF: 60
SPA: 60
SPD: 60
SPE: 40

Slooooow, and not too bulky, but that Attack + Stakeout will hurt a LOT.

Toucannon:
HP: 85
ATK: 125
DEF: 70
SPA: 80
SPD: 70
SPE: 75

Welp, looks like someone's getting themselves a Choice Scarf.

Lurantis:
HP: 80
ATK: 110
DEF: 85
SPD: 95
SPE: 55

Basically a Physical version of Vileplume. Neat.

Wishiwashi:
Solo Form:

HP: 50
ATK: 25
DEF: 20
SPA: 15
SPD: 20
SPE: 50

School Form:

HP: 50
ATK: 150
DEF: 140
SPA: 140
SPD: 140
SPE: 35

This thing's Solo Form makes Magikarp look threatening in comparison, but its School Form looks like it might just pull a Slaking and be rocking a 680 BST (seeing as my rough calcs place it at 555, but I could see it actually see it getting 150 in everything but HP and Speed.)

it was level 27 but he didn't note what moves it used, just that it resisted flying and neutral to grass

but on the other hand, he didn't note anything off or wrong.
He really should have tried a normal type move on it, that would answer the question of water/steel vs. electric.

He really should have tried a normal type move on it, that would answer the question of water/steel vs. electric.
well when you're just playing through the game your first thought is probably not "lets use those normal moves that are never super effective" so I cant really blame him for not methodically testing how UB01 works

well when you're just playing through the game your first thought is probably not "lets use those normal moves that are never super effective" so I cant really blame him for not methodically testing how UB01 works
Fair enough, but there's also fighting to use for checking Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon have Rock Smash, according to some things said previously in the thread Crabrawler is somewhat prevalent, and there are probably other fighting types between the start and there.

According to SciresM Tapu Koko has 130 base speed and apparently he's posting more stuff over in vp
just for confirmation's sake, here's scriesm with a tweet about getting datamine info
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/795884199291064320

Fair enough, but there's also fighting to use for checking Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon have Rock Smash, according to some things said previously in the thread Crabrawler is somewhat prevalent, and there are probably other fighting types between the start and there.
ok bu this is all on the assumption of "i think this thing is a steel type"
There was no rumor as to what the typing was. He probably saw Toucannon's flying attack do NVE damage and just switch out to his schooling wishiashi rather than trying out off stab 40 BP rock smash and then it died because wishiwashi is a monster.

Last edited:
Here we go indeed:

Leech Life is buffed to Base 80.

Decidueye:

HP: 78
ATK: 107
DEF: 75
SPA: 100
SPD: 100
SPE: 70

HA: Long Reach

None of the user's moves will make contact.

Incineroar:

HP: 95
ATK: 115
DEF: 90
SPD: 90

HA: Intimidate

Primarina:

HP: 80
ATK: 74
DEF: 74
SPA: 126
SPD: 116

HA: Liquid Sound

All Sound moves become Water-Type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)