SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what's going on with Leech Life. They made it a TM, but didn't change its distribution. So Pokémon that could benefit from it (e.g., Beedrill, Pinsir, Scizor) don't get it. Also why does a cat and a pangolin (Incineroar and Alolan Sandslash) learn this move? If those two learn it, other fanged Pokémon should.
The move description in the datamine says "drinks the blood of the opponents", so I guess that could make sense for Incineroar because of the dark type. But for Alolan Sandslash, I have no idea.

I don't understand what's going on with Leech Life. They made it a TM, but didn't change its distribution. So Pokémon that could benefit from it (e.g., Beedrill, Pinsir, Scizor) don't get it. Also why does a cat and a pangolin (Incineroar and Alolan Sandslash) learn this move? If those two learn it, other fanged Pokémon should.
This is definitely a step backwards. This is like Gen 1 where they had Egg Bomb and Soft-Boiled as a TM, but only 4 and 2 Pokemon respectively could learn it (Can you tell I'm trying to get my No Guard Fissure Machamps ready?)

What are the mons that get it?
Aurora Veil, TM 70 that 13 mons get. Functionally a dual screens in one move from what I've read. Ice types basically.

Alolan Sandshrew/Slash
Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales [And maybe regular? Hard to tell from pastebin doc. Nope, just Alolan; doc suggests Alolan Vulpix can evolve with Fire Stone but I saw Ice Stone as an evolutionary stone in another post. ???]
Smoochum/Jynx
Articuno
Mew [!]
Delibird
Regice
Glaceon
Froslass
Cryogonal

Aurora Veil, TM 70 that 13 mons get. Functionally a dual screens in one move from what I've read. Ice types basically.

Alolan Sandshrew/Slash
Alolan Ninetales [And maybe regular? Hard to tell from pastebin doc.]
Smoochum/Jynx
Articuno
Mew [!]
Delibird
Regice
Glaceon
Froslass
Cryogonal
Also it only works in hail, I believe.

didn't stop those posts from happening when looking at all the offensive monsters and wall to wall nonstop weather drama
Dunno man, eviolite, New pursuit users, regenerator and unaware as ha as well as prankster are all stall heavy elements , all of those are gen 5.

Of course shit like Dragon gem Franco meteor, specs perma rain Keldeo hump, kabutops, hurricane spam and sand rush SD Excadrill did made some cores fall flat.

they made that aurora viel move a TM and gave it to 13 pokemon

somehow, this did not include the incredibly frail ice type based on and named after auroras
Not true. Aurorus' japanese name is 'Amaruruga' which is a corruption of Amargasaurus--the dinosaur it is based on. I do think it should've gotten Aurora Veil though, but this one is somewhat excusable for me.

Anyway, I actually feel like Gen 7 is incredibly stall happy: It reduced the speed creep, added in some cool defensive stuff ( read Aurora Veil ) plus a couple of really interesting Pokemon to be used in stall teams. If anything, hyper offense is what truly got nerfed.

Also it only works in hail, I believe.
Seems to make Alolan Ninetales the most proficient user of it, should its Snow Warning HA be available early. It would be nice if they had given Slush Rush to a few more mons, but in general I appreciate these Hail buffs.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Stall lost Unaware and several UBs are powerful wallbreakers they basically have Moxie for whatever stat is highest. One of said UBs has a Special Attack of 173 and Tail Glow. Please explain how stall likes this.

Also the way Aurora Veil works benefits offense more than anything because I can just Defog it away easy if a stall team uses it. Assuming a T-Tar doesn't switch in to stop it.

Not true. Aurorus' japanese name is 'Amaruruga' which is a corruption of Amargasaurus--the dinosaur it is based on.
Fair but it's still an aurora based amaragasaurus
i'm sure there's some stupid wordplay involved that lead to that decision (there's always stupid word play...)

I love how contrasted the ultra beasts and several of hte legends are from the rest of the gen

rest of gen: i will probably have one to two pretty okay stats, slower than a snail and everything else is some weirdo number
ultra beasts/legends: i will have one to two crazy stats all over the dang place and also an actual speed stat while everything else is some weirdo number

i'm geting whiplash just moving thread to thread

Stall lost Unaware and several UBs are powerful wallbreakers they basically have Moxie for whatever stat is highest. One of said UBs has a Special Attack of 173 and Tail Glow. Please explain how stall likes this.

Also the way Aurora Veil works benefits offense more than anything because I can just Defog it away easy if a stall team uses it. Assuming a T-Tar doesn't switch in to stop it.
First, let's see whether Ultra Beasts will be accepted for normal battles (read: are they classified as legendary/mythical? Although a cluster of eight IS a bit numerous for legendary status...). Then shall we talk.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so pretty much all the alolan formes and Gen 7 mons have their own threads now so the rest of this thread should be about the past gen changes and crying about gengar. By the way music counts as story spoilers so keep that in the appropriate thread, since some of the tracks hint at the npcs you'll be fighting.

I found these on Pokéjungle while I was lurking on there. It seems that these entries break the fourth wall now, don't they? Some of them are quite heartwarming.
I'm glad that different forms get different dex entries. The megas in particular really needed their own flavor text.

Mega Kangaskhan’s strength derives from the mother’s happiness about her child’s growth. Watching it grow up keeps her spirits high.
i am dead

so pretty much all the alolan formes and Gen 7 mons have their own threads now so the rest of this thread should be about the past gen changes and crying about gengar. By the way music counts as story spoilers so keep that in the appropriate thread, since some of the tracks hint at the npcs you'll be fighting.
can we talk about the pokedex entries here b/c some of these are real good

Not true. Aurorus' japanese name is 'Amaruruga' which is a corruption of Amargasaurus--the dinosaur it is based on. I do think it should've gotten Aurora Veil though, but this one is somewhat excusable for me.

Anyway, I actually feel like Gen 7 is incredibly stall happy: It reduced the speed creep, added in some cool defensive stuff ( read Aurora Veil ) plus a couple of really interesting Pokemon to be used in stall teams. If anything, hyper offense is what truly got nerfed.
Stall is different from slow mons,stall is about deterring win cons and cause enough chip damage to create one for yourself.

Unaware nerf means stall cant pivot in at all, thunder wave nerf means that base 100+ pokemon still outspeed any bulky user of recover for the 2hko.

Stall is pretty much dead as it cant keep up with set up pokemon anymore without sacking too much.

The talonflame nerf is the biggest one since he was the to go fairy switch in that could stall break with little speed investment thanks to priority roost and base 126 speed taunt+wisp.

Seriously dont ever dare to say slow speed means stall, the ability to pivot in and bring something to the team, or remove a wincon is stall.

Honestly gotta say that this is kind of a disappointing gen from me. None of the new Pokemon besides the usual legendaries really scream OP at me and the lack of real changes to any of the older Pokemon (Talonflame excluded) makes me think that there'll be a large shake up in the higher tiers.

Personally this is why I was so against Alolan formes, especially when it was learned that there wasn't going to be any new megas. As I feared, none of the Alolan formes are likely to be major changes in their tier placement to their standard form while megas at least gave Pokemon like Beedrill and Charizard new life competitively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)