SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I was confused for a moment why I couldn't find certain dex entries...
Integer Mova posted a list found here.
richi3f posted a list found here.

I noticed a lot of the Mega evolution descriptions paint the Pokemon as heartless and violent... An interesting direction to take; and seems to contradict the "strong bond" a trainer was expected to need with their Pokemon for it to work in XY.

OK why is everyone saying all these pokemon suck because of speed? I think gamefreak did a little too much on the speed creep, and is trying to rectify it. I don't think speed shouls be the only deciding factor if a pokemon is good or not...
Sadly it is the only absolute stat, it determines the speed bracket, for walls it determines 2hkos if you switch in, for offensive pokemon it etermines their matchup vs other offensive pokemon outside of priority, for wallbreakers it determines what they can break reliably and for stallbreakers it determines what they can shut down.

Low speed really hinders a pokemon ability to have multiple roles or be flexible with his EV placement.

On Salazzle, we want the shota harem audience. Best regards GF.

Two things nobody is talking about. FLYGON gets DRAGON DANCE now! The dream is alive, Flygon to OU!

Also, Swellow got a huge boost to Sp. Attack (75 base now). Why is that significant? This mofo gets STAB Boomburst. Oh, they also gave it Hurricane this gen too. Specs Scrappy Boomburst Swellow new meta.

Because I was confused for a moment why I couldn't find certain dex entries...
Integer Mova posted a list found here.
richi3f posted a list found here.

I noticed a lot of the Mega evolution descriptions paint the Pokemon as heartless and violent... An interesting direction to take; and seems to contradict the "strong bond" a trainer was expected to need with their Pokemon for it to work in XY.
The female/male attributes of Lunaala and Solgaleo seem to reflect moon goddess / sun god in several cultures.
Is Cosmoem the technical "third" of the trio, if the cover legends are also described as having evolved from Cosmog?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Seriously the generation we need unaware more than anything we get multi stages free for all set up Z moves and anti status grounded set up sweepers terrain+anti priority for grounded set up sweepers terrain.
Sorry to say this but it seems Unaware is getting nerfed. Description says it ignores foe's stats changes when attacking. May not be reliable to take assumptions on descriptions but if it really is only when attacking, it means that you won't when you are defending, so you won't ignore foe's attack boosts.

Raticate(Alolan):This gourmet Pokémon is particular about the taste and freshness of its food. Restaurants where Raticate live have a good reputation.
Did they just reference Ratatoullie?

Two things nobody is talking about. FLYGON gets DRAGON DANCE now! The dream is alive, Flygon to OU!

Also, Swellow got a huge boost to Sp. Attack (75 base now). Why is that significant? This mofo gets STAB Boomburst. Oh, they also gave it Hurricane this gen too. Specs Scrappy Boomburst Swellow new meta.
The Flygon buff along with many of the buffs given are fantastic. Pretty intresting because with Dragon Dance it's probably going to be banished from UU, but not sure if it's better then the other Dragons in OU.

The female/male attributes of Lunaala and Solgaleo seem to reflect moon goddess / sun god in several cultures.
Is Cosmoem the technical "third" of the trio, if the cover legends are also described as having evolved from Cosmog?
not really, since technically they evolve from it

Sorry to say this but it seems Unaware is getting nerfed. Description says it ignores foe's stats changes when attacking. May not be reliable to take assumptions on descriptions but if it really is only when attacking, it means that you won't when you are defending, so you won't ignore foe's attack boosts.

Did they just reference Ratatoullie?
i made that regard because it is getting nerfed, hence the remark I made about unaware, unaware nerf allows all of those to run free, be prepared for happy hour Espeon as a better alternative than Z move eevee.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
i made that regard because it is getting nerfed, hence the remark I made about unaware, unaware nerf allows all of those to run free, be prepared for happy hour Espeon as a better alternative than Z move eevee.
Also, a random thought but Swoobat can be also a godly Stored Power user depending on what Z-Calm Mind does. (Espeon probs would outclass it even if Swoob had Simple)

Other lol-worthy dex intros:

Golbat:
Sometimes they drink so much blood, they can’t fly anymore. Then they fall to the ground and become food for other Pokémon.
Abra:
It can teleport itself to safety while it’s asleep, but when it wakes, it doesn’t know where it is, so it panics.

Geodude:
There are plenty of them to be found along any road. A scholar with too much free time once counted a hundred of them along a single route.
Even GameFreak knows it lol

Too tired to read the whole thing

Last edited:
"Blood-Soaked Crescent".

What a badass title. I think it's actually a little soft for what it can do.

Also, have this as something about what we've learned today:

Ok I chuckled, but honestly this could also work for quagsire.

The Flygon buff along with many of the buffs given are fantastic. Pretty intresting because with Dragon Dance it's probably going to be banished from UU, but not sure if it's better then the other Dragons in OU.
Garchomp has better stats and also with Rough skin+rocky helmet makes him better than flygon. But flygon with this buff could be in the BL tier.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
GF has handed out literally worthless abilties before, and Cosmog the obviously-a-joke-character gets Unaware likely for flavor reasons since it's a horrible judge of character.

Pyukumuku might get it as a similar joke.

Probably the case considering that CharizardX is a better DD'er as well
Well, it's difficult to contend against Mega Charizard-X, but... Flygon does not take the Mega Slot and fares much better vs hazards. At least it's not 100% outclassed.

And it's not stopped cold by Fairies unlike Salamence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)