SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm whether or not the National Dex still exists? I've heard rumours that it doesn't but it seems like a weird decision for collecting every Pokemon to just not matter anymore and that would presumably mean no more shiny charm either.
It exists but it was added to the Poke Bank for some reason. Sources that confirm this also state that this particular feature will not locked behind the purchasable boxes; it's completely free. Just gotta wait for Bank to update. It's weird but tolerable.

Shiny Charm is obtained by completing the Alola Dex.

Phew! You asked for it, and you got it! All pokemon catchable in the alola dex, as well as legal/illegal moves when taking the QR code pokemon into account.
Amazing job. You deserve a break after all that.

This goes out to everyone... what are the odds of the Sun encounter tables getting datamined and updated here prior to launch? The Moon ones came up rather quick but I'm not sure if this was entirely due to Kaphotics or if anyone can pull these easily.

It exists but it was added to the Poke Bank for some reason. Sources that confirm this also state that this particular feature will not locked behind the purchasable boxes; it's completely free. Just gotta wait for Bank to update. It's weird but tolerable.

Shiny Charm is obtained by completing the Alola Dex.
ah...uhh...is there something that actually confirms this because the website only states this
When Pokémon Bank is updated to support Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, it will also gain a new Pokédex feature.

The application will read your saved data from any games* you connect with it, collecting information about Pokémon you’ve caught, so you can check it.

Using the Pokédex feature in Pokémon Bank, you’ll be able to see this information—even about Pokémon that don’t appear in the Alola region of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

*The games that can connect with this Pokédex function are Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y.
None of which implies its a free function.

ah...uhh...is there something that actually confirms this because the website only states this

None of which implies its a free function.
IIRC there's parts of Pokemon Bank that are completely free though the big box is locked behind the purchase. I'm pretty sure it's likely that it'll just get added to the 'free' parts of it. Otherwise I honestly cannot justify this move.

IIRC there's parts of Pokemon Bank that are completely free though the big box is locked behind the purchase. I'm pretty sure it's likely that it'll just get added to the 'free' parts of it. Otherwise I honestly cannot justify this move.
There's 4 functions: buy a subscription, the boxes, the gifts & poketransporter.
subscription is obvious
the boxes can only be used if you have a subscription unless your subscription has lapsed and you still have pokemon available. In that scenario you can draw your pokemon out, but not put them in.
there are gifts (pokemiles/BP, the periodic pokemon give aways) but those are for active subscribers. I'm not sure how it functions if the subscription expires, it might just let you cash them out if you had been building them up. They are all bonuses specifically for using the bank.
poketransporter puts them in the boxes; you are required to have a subscription

Shinies are ridiculously easy to get in S/M already. SOS chaining OP.
I'm aware the Shiny odds of ally chaining increase exponentially, but do we have any sort of numbers on them? The Poke Radar for example, was pretty good in terms of Shiny chance if you managed to get the hang of it; SM's new method on the other hand sounds a helluva lot easier (and faster) to get a chain going, since you don't need to KO the Pokemon, and you're not necessarily limited to a single species.

I approve of the Shiny Charm being easier to obtain this time around. Yes, this may be a polarizing point of discussion especially amongst avid Shiny hunters who put in tonnes of hard work in past generations. However, I think this change can appeal to everyone;

- Hardcore fans that set out to complete the National Dex will appreciate having the Charm handy during the journey, rather than having to wait until the end.

- More casual players (or ones that aren't concerned with obtaining every mon) can still benefit from the enhanced odds, since completing the Alola Dex is a much more attainable goal.

- And the players that don't care for Shinies won't be fazed either way. Looks like a win-win-win in my books!

honestly it seems like they would need to do this eventually, i suppose. It was one thing when the shiny charm was attached to a 649 & 721 (minus mythicals) pokedex, but now its over 800 and next generation could hit 900 or get close to it. That carrot was getting further away and typically required bank or previous gen transfers or whatever.

e: For SM in particular, if they required the national dex, would need XYORAS & Bank access to get another 420 or so pokemon

So is there any comprehensive list of Pokemon that can be obtained in Sun and Moon through any means? I'm talking QR codes, "The pokemon calls for help," basically any Pokemon we will be able to obtain in the games without the bank.

Ok, here's the question.

The stats judge in S&M works as your PC add-on. But to get it, you must impress the NPC near the Battle Tree with some sort of Pokemon or some other thing.

He says:

>This Pokémon...has relatively superior... *ya-a-awn*
...Who are you?
No one impressive enough to shock me awake. *ya-a-awn*

While he should say:

>Someone impressive enough to shock me awake!
Was there something you wanted my help with? Oh, you want me to judge some Pokémon?
Then I’ll update your PC Boxes for you. With this, you can get your Pokémon judged anytime that you’ve got access to a PC!
The Judge function has been added to your PC Boxes!
Think I’ll just slip out of here then...

Tried to impress him with 6x31 fully trained lv100 Ditto caught in Beast Ball but no luck.
What sort of Pokemon (or thing) does he want?

Ok, here's the question.

The stats judge in S&M works as your PC add-on. But to get it, you must impress the NPC near the Battle Tree with some sort of Pokemon or some other thing.

He says:

...Who are you?

While he should say:

Was there something you wanted my help with? Oh, you want me to judge some Pokémon?
Then I’ll update your PC Boxes for you. With this, you can get your Pokémon judged anytime that you’ve got access to a PC!

Tried to impress him with 6x31 fully trained lv100 Ditto caught in Beast Ball but no luck.
...wait....WHAT?!
Not sure what to think of this...

So is there any comprehensive list of Pokemon that can be obtained in Sun and Moon through any means? I'm talking QR codes, "The pokemon calls for help," basically any Pokemon we will be able to obtain in the games without the bank.
SOS battles only call on pokemon already in the alola dex

QR codes can be used to obtain these families
  1. Cyndaquil
  2. Totodile
  3. Chikorita
  4. Samurott
  5. Emboar
  6. Serpior
  7. Deino
  8. Horsea
  9. Klink
  10. Litwick
  11. Gothita
  12. Spheal
  13. Luxio
  14. Honedge
  15. Venipede
  16. Bellsprout
  17. Marill
  18. Rhyhorn
  19. Swinub
  20. Duosion
  21. Roselia
  22. Staravia
  23. Vigoroth
  24. Axew
  25. Eelektross
  26. Conkeldurr
  27. Togekiss
  28. Leavanny

Ok, here's the question.

He says:

...Who are you?

While he should say:

what's the point of a stats judge when you can view the IVs at any time

Also if he's at the battle tree maybe he's tied to getting a high streak.

what's the point of a stats judge when you can view the IVs at any time

Also if he's at the battle tree maybe he's tied to getting a high streak.
Kinda true but really there's an accuracy problem because 30 IVs and 31 IVs in Speed, for example, can look practically the same on this graph. Reset Bag in XY allowed you to know your exact EVs so unless there's a way to know your IVs (in numbers or at least in descriptions that "these stats are very high" knowing that you transferred at least one 31 IV stat), I'd call this IV-checking method pretty low-accurate

Ok, will try to check later

Do synchronise and cute charm work on Ally pokemon? I'm talking about their field effects not in-battle effects.

1. Cyndaquil
  2. Totodile
  3. Chikorita
  4. Samurott
  5. Emboar
  6. Serpior
  7. Deino
  8. Horsea
  9. Klink
  10. Litwick
  11. Gothita
  12. Spheal
  13. Luxio
  14. Honedge
  15. Venipede
  16. Bellsprout
  17. Marill
  18. Rhyhorn
  19. Swinub
  20. Duosion
  21. Roselia
  22. Staravia
  23. Vigoroth
  24. Axew
  25. Eelektross
  26. Conkeldurr
  27. Togekiss
  28. Leavanny
Can qr pokemon have their HAs?

What does one have to do for Festival Coins? and is the "battle royale" area a sort of battle maison? For example can I go there and fight NPCs which award me BP? Obviously Battle tree gives you BP, but since someone mentioned a vendor selling Ability capsules is at the battle royale area I'm curious.

Also, has someone managed to use XY's/ORAS cloning glitch yet via trading in Sun/Moon?

What does one have to do for Festival Coins? and is the "battle royale" area a sort of battle maison? For example can I go there and fight NPCs which award me BP? Obviously Battle tree gives you BP, but since someone mentioned a vendor selling Ability capsules is at the battle royale area I'm curious.

Also, has someone managed to use XY's/ORAS cloning glitch yet via trading in Sun/Moon?
I think one of the ways to earn FC is to help guests who come to your plaza around. Idk about other methods.

1. Cyndaquil
  2. Totodile
  3. Chikorita
  4. Samurott
  5. Emboar
  6. Serpior
  7. Deino
  8. Horsea
  9. Klink
  10. Litwick
  11. Gothita
  12. Spheal
  13. Luxio
  14. Honedge
  15. Venipede
  16. Bellsprout
  17. Marill
  18. Rhyhorn
  19. Swinub
  20. Duosion
  21. Roselia
  22. Staravia
  23. Vigoroth
  24. Axew
  25. Eelektross
  26. Conkeldurr
  27. Togekiss
  28. Leavanny
Thank you for the list and explaining that Alolan Dugtrio question I had earlier. Has anyone reported acquiring G1/G3 starters with QR codes, or is this all we know of for now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)