SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't spoiled myself on the SUMO story yet so maybe this is getting off topic, but is it really that much of a recon?

Mega evolution had some sinister overtones in XY and ORAS, since the stones were formed as by-products from either an ancient superweapon or a meteor. And it's all implied to run off of "infinite energy" which Sea Mauville pretty much stressed was completely unethical.

So Mega-Evolution being powered by hopes and dreams seems like was always just us assuming typical anime tropes. Unless hopes and dreams means the lives and souls of pokemon given to make the mega stones. It always had this grim undertone, they were just really subtle about it in Gen 6.

Weather you like this explanation or not is your own opinion, but just pointing out mega evolution was always a bit messed up.
It was more accurately portrayed in the Anime. The bond is what stabilises the transformation, if it isn't strong enough it makes the Pokemon go crazy and there's severe negative effects; See Korrina's Lucario/Sycamore's Garchomp and heck, even Ash-Greninja for that matter.

It was more accurately portrayed in the Anime. The bond is what stabilises the transformation, if it isn't strong enough it makes the Pokemon go crazy and there's severe negative effects; See Korrina's Lucario/Sycamore's Garchomp and heck, even Ash-Greninja for that matter.
Also portrayed that way in Super Mystery Dungeon. With no trainer to keep them in check, after dealing enough attacks, they become crazy and deal catastrophic damage to whatever is near the Mega Evolution, be it ally, enemy... or the dungeon itself.

yes wild pokemon can now do a earthbound/mother like mechanic to summon up to 2 other pokemon to assist them in battle and these summoned pokemon have a chance of better IVs and having hidden abilities.

yes wild pokemon can now do a earthbound/mother like mechanic to summon up to 2 other pokemon to assist them in battle and these summoned pokemon have a chance of better IVs and having hidden abilities.
And can you keep this going like a chain... if you faint one, will more allies keep showing up?

Is there a way to obtain the starters with their Hidden Abilities yet? If so, how far into the game is it? AKA Would I be able to replace the starter Rowlet early on for a Long Reach one because I'm a heartless monster?

Is there a way to obtain the starters with their Hidden Abilities yet? If so, how far into the game is it? AKA Would I be able to replace the starter Rowlet early on for a Long Reach one because I'm a heartless monster?
As far as I know, no there is not.

With -ate abilities nerfed, I'm somewhat worried. I don't know about mega salamence (lolthisthing) but I hope OU, and below, mons that had -ate abilities didn't get hit too hard.

Have a bunch of questions

1. How early does one find the Daycare, and how early can they start checking for IVS? I want to breed at least one competitively viable Pokemon before tackling the main story.

2. Has anyone figured if it is possible to farm bottle caps yet?

3. Is there a list of Pokemon that are only available in postgame? I had been hoping to use Pheromosa, Tapu Lele, or Nihilego on my main team, but it looks like that is not the case.... Feel free to spoiler tag your answer!

4. Is there a Hall of Fame? Any ribbons available from it or anywhere else?

OMG I want to do exactly the same thing! I hope someone finds a way to get long reach. I'm just waiting for this and pokebank. In generation 6 we had the so awesome friend safari...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)