SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a shiny charm or something like that in this game?
I just want to know if its worth chaining for shinies before beating the game. If there is some kind of shiny charm post-game then waiting is probably the best idea.

Also, do pokemon call allies of multiple species, or do we always know who they will call? Is there a resource for this?
There's a shiny charm when you complete Alolan Pokedex.

And how much does the Adrenaline Orb seem to increase the Call Rate by?
Adrenaline Orb doesn't increase the Call Rate, but increase the chance to call for an ally (like remaining HP).
I never tried chaining without Adrenaline Orb since it's cheap and easy to get.
However, even at 1 HP + Adrenaline Orb, a Pokémon with a Call Rate of 0 will never call for allies.

For those who are interested, I made some teams for different ally chaining situations (with/without Pokebank, if you want to use Synchronize or check the ability) : http://pastebin.com/28mMAJhh
The paste also recalls all the current known information about SOS calls. (maybe not in the best way)

My tests with a Kadabra who lost Synchronize with Roleplay were positive. (the allies are still affected by Synchronize even though Kadabra changed abilities)
However, my Kadabra was also in first party slot, so I am redoing tests to be sure that the only important factor is to have a Synchronizer on the field.

This means that even without Pokebank, you can use Kadabra to get Synchronize and to check the ability of allies (even though you may have hard times against strong Pokémon since Kadabra doesn't learn Baton Pass).

Else, you can use Espeon/Umbreon for Synchronize and just check the ability of a few Pokémon once the chain is long enough with a Smeargle who has Entrainment.

It is also unfortunate but Minior and Wimpod can't be chained, as their Call Rate is 0.

Important questions I still haven't found an answer to:

1. Have there been any changes to the effectiveness of the existing Poké Balls?
2. What is the rate of a Beast Ball on an Ultra Beast and on ordinary Pokémon, respectively?
3. Are other balls reduced in power on Ultra Beasts or completely ineffective?

So going by the stuff with Synchronizer above, we gotta keep Kadabra up front for now? Gotta wonder how to weaken and not KO with it reliably.

Do we know how Pokebank works yet? I saw somewhere that there isn't backwards compatibility between gen 6 and 7 as expected, so does this mean everything in my bank will be flagged for gen 7 at a certain point?

Do we know how Pokebank works yet? I saw somewhere that there isn't backwards compatibility between gen 6 and 7 as expected, so does this mean everything in my bank will be flagged for gen 7 at a certain point?
it will only be marked as gen 7 when you put them into a gen 7 game. After that point, they will only be able to go into gen 7 games.

It seems so.
I'm still testing if you need the Pokémon to have Synchronize as its original ability to get it to work, or if a copied Synchronize works. (It seems that you need to have Synchronize originally. Kadabra who lost Synchronize with ForePlay seems to still affect the nature of new allies).

Certain Pokémon from an evolutionary family can't call for allies (like Salamence or Snorlax).
Each Pokémon has a value that influences their chance to call for allies (it has been named "Call Rate"). The higher the value, the higher the chances to call for an ally (it probably influences the success chance of a call too).
Pokémon that have a Call Rate of 0 can't call for allies at all (like Minior or Wimpod, unfortunately).
Here is the list of Pokémon with non-zero Call Rates : http://pastebin.com/Uv3k3QYW
That quote was not from me.

It seems so.
I'm still testing if you need the Pokémon to have Synchronize as its original ability to get it to work, or if a copied Synchronize works. (It seems that you need to have Synchronize originally. Kadabra who lost Synchronize with ForePlay seems to still affect the nature of new allies).

Certain Pokémon from an evolutionary family can't call for allies (like Salamence or Snorlax).
Each Pokémon has a value that influences their chance to call for allies (it has been named "Call Rate"). The higher the value, the higher the chances to call for an ally (it probably influences the success chance of a call too).
Pokémon that have a Call Rate of 0 can't call for allies at all (like Minior or Wimpod, unfortunately).
Here is the list of Pokémon with non-zero Call Rates : http://pastebin.com/Uv3k3QYW
How many Pokemon have zero call rates? Can they be listed?

Adrenaline Orb doesn't increase the Call Rate, but increase the chance to call for an ally (like remaining HP).
I never tried chaining without Adrenaline Orb since it's cheap and easy to get.
However, even at 1 HP + Adrenaline Orb, a Pokémon with a Call Rate of 0 will never call for allies.

For those who are interested, I made some teams for different ally chaining situations (with/without Pokebank, if you want to use Synchronize or check the ability) : http://pastebin.com/28mMAJhh
The paste also recalls all the current known information about SOS calls. (maybe not in the best way)

My tests with a Kadabra who lost Synchronize with Roleplay were positive. (the allies are still affected by Synchronize even though Kadabra changed abilities)
However, my Kadabra was also in first party slot, so I am redoing tests to be sure that the only important factor is to have a Synchronizer on the field.

This means that even without Pokebank, you can use Kadabra to get Synchronize and to check the ability of allies (even though you may have hard times against strong Pokémon since Kadabra doesn't learn Baton Pass).

Else, you can use Espeon/Umbreon for Synchronize and just check the ability of a few Pokémon once the chain is long enough with a Smeargle who has Entrainment.

It is also unfortunate but Minior and Wimpod can't be chained, as their Call Rate is 0.
considering the pokemon you want to catch doesn't have any tricky set or a low catch rate and it always calls his same species, could you just use a high level kadabra tanking and killing allies switching the objetive and feeding it revives until somethingh with high potential comes up?

Just Wimpod/Minior iirc. TFW the mon you're most interested in is gunna be hell to grind to perfection. GF y :[.
It's not that big of a problem. Get an Everstone, get a male with the nature you want, and then it's done.

And now that I think of it... is Wimpod supposed to be Pokemon's equivalent of the Metal Slime? Not useful, difficult to catch... it only lacks money or experience bonuses.

How many Pokemon have zero call rates? Can they be listed?
Basically, use the list and search for a Pokémon. If it isn't here, it has a call rate of 0.
As for wild Pokémon, it seems that only Wimpod and Minior have a Call Rate of 0.
For the Pokémon that are SOS Call-exclusive, some have a non-zero Call Rate, and some don't.

But in general, you don't really want to change the species of the Pokémon calling for allies.
First, these species usually have a lower Call Rate (ex : Magmar has a lower call rate than Magby)
Second, there seem to be an interaction with the chance of a successful SOS call and SOS slots. (I made a chain of Tauros then switched to an ally Miltank. The Miltank called 7-8 times for help before something came, and the next ally was another Miltank).

This interaction may be interesting for Pokémon that are present in multiple SOS Slots (the success chance of a SOS call may be increased), we don't know yet.

I continued testing for Synchronize effects and a strange result came out :
If you put a Synchronize Pokémon on the field, and make him lose Synchronize (with Roleplay in my case), then the next allies generated will be affected by Synchronize.
However, the nature that the allies will have 50% of the time is the nature of the Pokémon that initially was in your first party slot (a Modest Marowak in my case), and not the nature from the Pokémon on the field (a Hasty Kadabra).

When my Kadabra was in first party slot that I saw an occurence of many Hasty Pokémon.
When I tested without Marowak in first party slot instead, it took me some time to notice that I was getting a lot of Modest Pokémon. (I was checking 3 Pokémon then soft-resetting).

This non-intended behaviour is really good news, because this mean that you only need one Synchronizer for all the natures.
You just have to change the Pokémon in the first party slot to a Pokémon who has the nature you want, and its nature will be used when Synchronize activates on ally summons.

I will do another test with a KO Pokémon in first party slot and without using Roleplay to see if this works the same way.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any changes to freeze, considering how burn and para got nerfed... still, probably it still works quite similar, since a big change to how it works wouldn't been unnoticed for that long. (god i hate freezing DX)

Yup, the bug SOS Call chains and Synchronized is now confirmed.
When you send a Pokémon with Synchronize on the field and chain for allies, the allies will be affected by Synchronize.
However, the nature that they will have 50% of the time is the nature of the first party Pokémon.
The first party Pokémon can be ko, it still works. (I have a Naughty KO Munchlax and the 4 Pokémon I caught were all Naughty).
The Synchronizer can lose its ability with Roleplay/Skill Swap, it still works.

Fucking praise them. No longer will we have to spend hours running around with Pickup armies....
I know right?

Anyways here's the full list of items you can buy from Battle Royale's clerkes:

SHOP/CLERK 1:
HP Up - 2 BP
Protein - 2 BP
Iron - 2 BP
Calcium - 2 BP
Zinc - 2 BP
Carbos - 2 BP
Rare Candy - 48 BP
Ability Capsule - 100 BP

SHOP/CLERK 2:
Power Bracer - 16 BP
Power Belt - 16 BP
Power Lens - 16 BP
Power Band - 16 BP
Power Anklet - 16 BP
Power Weight - 16 BP
Everstone - 16 BP

SHOP/CLERK 3:
Bright Powder - 48 BP
Quick Claw - 48 BP
Soothe Bell - 48 BP
Scope Lens - 48 BP
Leftovers - 48 BP
Shell Bell - 48 BP
Muscle Band - 48 BP
Wise Glasses - 48 BP
Expert Belt - 48 BP
Zoom Lens - 48 BP
Metronome - 48 BP
Destiny Knot - 48 BP
Icy Rock - 48 BP
Smooth Rock - 48 BP
Damp Rock - 48 BP
Float Stone - 48 BP
Binding Band - 48 BP

EDIT: Probably safe to say Battle Tree has the same stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)