SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Story Spoiler Discussion (Read the OP)

Pretty much read the title all story spoilers and talk about them go here don't need hide/spoiler tags. PM me anything that's not in the OP and I will add it.

-Hala's team is Makuhita, Mankey, and Crabrawler.

- You get Zygarde Cube VERY early, at start of second island, Zygarde Cells are collectable as you play through the game.

- Second island had 3 Trials, vs Totem Wishiwash with lana, vs Totem Salazzle with Kiawe, vs Totem Lurantis with Mallow.

- The Day-Care is found on Akala Island.

- Olivia's team is Nosepass, Boldore, and Lycanroc.

- During story you go to Aether Paradise and battle Level 27 UB-01, ultra beasts are Pokemon from an alternate dimension "Ultra Space" here through "Ultra Wormhole".

- Third island has had battle against Guzma, trials against Totem Vikavolt with Sophocles, Totem Mimikyu with ghost girl (Acerola), just raided a walled city team skull had taken over called "Po Town".

- Colress was there for like 3 minutes, he mentioned that Z-Power was interesting and gave me the TM for Flame Charge.

- Sina and Dexio battle you. Sina uses a Delibird and a Glaceon, while Dexio has a Slowpoke and an Espeon.

-There hasn't been a second rival using the third Starter thus far. Lurantis also says that Aether Paradise is smelling awful fishy.

- Ula'Ula's Kahuna is Nanu, who uses Dark-Types. His team is Sableye, Krokork, and Persian.

- Apricorn Balls return, and first appear when some of them are given to you by Samson Oak on Ula'Ula Island.

-Team Skull seems to be working with the Aether Foundation, and at some point you raid their base, fighting both them and aether Grunts.

- Lusamine is Lillie and Gladion's mother. Lillie stole Cosmog from her in order to protect it.

- Lusamine is the game's true villain, and she fuses with UB-01 (real name Nihilego) in order to her entire team with Totem Auras.

- Lusamine's Team is Clefable, Mismagius, Bewear, Lilligant, and Milotic

- Poni's Kahuna is Hapu, who uses Ground-Types. Her team is Dugtrio, Gastrodon, Flygon, and Mudsdale.

- Kukui is revealed to be married to Professor Burnet from the Pokemon Dream Radar.

- Kukui is your first challenger when you become Champion.

- Kukui also takes on the role of a masked wrestler known as the Masked Royal.

- Anabel (Gen III Battle Frontier) and Grimsley (Unova E4) make appearances.

- Anabel has lost her memory and joined the International Police.

- You can battle Morimoto, just like in Gen 5. His team is Kangeskhan, Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Machamp, and Dragonite.

- There is a Fairy-Type Trial Captain named Mina.

- The Machamp PokeRide is confirmed to be SuMo's stand-in for Strength.

- A new character named Gester teaches the player various "Battle Styles" once they have met certain criteria. (in-game text: here and here)

- Battle Styles alter your character's in-battle animations. The known Styles are: Normal, Elegant, Smug, Girlish, Right-Handed, Reverent, Passionate, and Idol.

- During the post-game, you can travel between dimensions, allowing you to catch Pokemon that are normally exclusive to the opposite Version. This method cannot be used to catch Version Exclusive UB's or Legends, only Wild Pokemon. It will not allow Cosmeon to evolve into the opposite version's mascot, nor will it allow Rockruff to evolve into the opposite Version's Form.

- Anabel is from another dimension, likely one in the non-Mega timeline.

- People who have crossed dimensions are known as Fallers. The unique radiation present on them as a result of crossing over attracts UB's.

- You can buy Legendary specific items and an Antique Shop, namely the Adamant Orb, Lustrous Orb, Griseous Orb, Red Orb, and Blue Orb, as well as several Plates.

- Kanto native Pokemon are called Kantonian.

- Ultra Beasts are confirmed to be Pokemon. They can be caught during the post-game.
- Cosmog is an Ultra Beast, as are its Evolutions, Cosmeon (the "Cosmic Eye'), Solgaleo and Lunaala.
- The UB's come from an otherwordly dimension known as Ultra Space.
- Once you become the Alolan Champion, the International Police assign you the task of collecting the Ultra Beasts.
- Both Celesteela and Kartana are classified as UB-04, implying exclusivity.
- Xurkitree is UB-03, and Guzzlord is UB-05.
- If you attempt to show Necrozma to the International Police, they will say that it isn't an Ultra Beast.
- A Cosmog is available post-game via dimension hopping.

List of UB's w/ Biographies

UB-01 - Symbiont - Nihilego (Rock/Poison) [Bio]
UB-02 - Absorption - Buzzwole (Bug/Fighting) [Bio]
UB-02 - Beauty - Pheromosa (Bug/Fighting) [Bio]
Cables - UB-03 - Lightning - Xurkitree (Electric) [Bio]
Bamboo - UB-04 - Blaster - Celesteela (Steel/Flying) [Bio]
Origami - UB-04 - Blade - Kartana (Grass/Steel) [Bio]
Mouth-Thing - UB-05 - Glutton - Guzzlord (Dark/Dragon) [Bio]
Crystal - Necrozma (Psychic) [Bio]

• Silvally was designed to fight the Ultra Beasts. The initial project was named BK (Beast Killer) and was started by Gladion's father.
  • The RKS System was inspired by writings from the Canalave Library in Sinnoh (Arceus's myths).
  • Once the RKS System was completed, BK was renamed to Type: Full. 3 Fulls were created.
  • Upon transplantation all 3 Fulls rejected the RKS System and went berserk.
  • A control mask was given to each Full before they were put in a state of hibernation and renamed to Type: Null.
  • Gladion's father disappeared when trying to set up the Ultra Wormhole. This led Lusamine to become obsessed with UBs.
  • Gladion steals a Type: Null. He's most likely responsible for its evolution being renamed to Silvally (instead of Type: Full).
  • Gladion gives you a Type: Null and memories to change its type in the post-game.
  • Whereabouts of the third Null are unknown.

bgm_xy_e_handsome
bgm_xy_e_handsome_02

(LOOKER!)
bgm_nj_vs_beast - Ultra Beast
bgm_nj_vs_broyal - Battle Royale
bgm_nj_vs_champ - Champion
bgm_nj_vs_ether - Aether Grunts
bgm_nj_vs_friend - Hau
bgm_nj_vs_giver - ???
bgm_nj_vs_legend - Solgaleo / Lunala
bgm_nj_vs_mother - Lusamine
bgm_nj_vs_motherbeast - Lusamine Climax
bgm_nj_vs_norapoke - Wild Pokemon
bgm_nj_vs_norapoke_02 - Totem Pokemon
bgm_nj_vs_redgreen - Red / Green
bgm_nj_vs_rival - Lillie?
bgm_nj_vs_scull - Skull Grunts
bgm_nj_vs_scullboss - Guzma
bgm_nj_vs_scullelite - Plumeria / Gladion
bgm_nj_vs_shitenno - Elite Four
bgm_nj_vs_special01 - ???
bgm_nj_vs_trainer - Trainer
bgm_xy_vs_secret_01 - World Champion Theme

Full OST (thanks to Winry for the link): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEkW7MtXullj8h3ADLC1WfMmqUupZVHOY

Link to all Trainer Battle Data: http://pastebin.com/vkaZNTra

Story Text: https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/storytext.txt

New Item List: https://paste.ee/r/zFXRA

- You arrive in Alola
- You go to find a Kahuna, however encounter Lillie and a bridge collapses, you save Cosmog from falling and are then yourself saved by the island guardian 'Tapu Koko'
- You and Lillie go back to the city where you are given a choice of Pokemon and a small ceremony as a reward
- You then face Ilima's Trial of finding Rattata.
- And encounter Team Skull for the first time.
- Get the Exp. Share. Works like it did in Gen 6.
- Fight Hala (Mankey, Makuhits, Crabrawler)
- You can then go to Akala Island.
- While on Akala Island you are introduced to the idea of Zygarde Cells, including a room where you can combine Zygarde cells you find into the varying forms
- You face 3 Trials on Akala: Mallow, Kiawe, and Lana. Totems confirmed as Lurantis, Salazzle, and Wishiwashi-School.
- Fight Olivia (Nosepass, Boldore, Lycanroc)
- Then you are introduced to Lusamine and visit the Aether Paradise, where you fight UB-01 (Whose name is obscured)
- After you defeat UB-01 you then move onto the third island where the plot thickens and you find yourself facing Guzma.
- Arrive on Ula'Ula.
- Ula'Ula has two Trials: Sophocles and Ghost Girl (name not mentioned). Totems confirmed as Vikavolt and Mimikyu.
- You go to 'Po Town' to free it from the clutches from Team Skull
- Plumeria steals Cosmog (aka the Great Cosmic Poot) away from Lillie
- Gladion seems to be a good guy and leads you and Hau to the Aether Base to recover Cosmog
- You find yourself battling through the Aether base discovering that they appear to be evil.
- You fight Nanu the Kahuna of Ula'Ul'a Island. (Sableye, Krokorok, Alolan Persian)
- You arrive on Poni Island.
- (a segment of the this part of the story remains unknown)
- Lusamine flees to the realm of the UB's.
- The player follows with the aide of Solgaleo/Lunaala.
- Lusmine, empowered by UB-01, charges up her team and battles you. (Clefable, Lilligant, Mismagius, Milotic, Bewear)
- Final Kahuna Battle against Hapu. (Alolan Dugtrio, Gastrodon, Flygon, Mudsdale).
- When the League is finally built, it consists of Hala and Olivia, as well as of Kahili and Acerola.
- Kahili uses Flying-Types, and Acerola uses Ghost.
- Kahili's Team (Skarmory, Crobat, Oricorio, Mandibuzz, Toucannon)
- Acerola's Team (Sableye, Drifblim, Dhelmise, Froslass, Pallossand)
- You battle Professor Kukui upon becoming Champion (Lycanroc, Alolan Ninetales, Braviary, Magnezone, Snorlax, the unpicked Starter's Evo)
- Immediately upon Kukui's defeat, Lillie grants you an opportunity to catch Tapu Koko.

Colress's Return

Lillie Meets Her Maker

Lusamine Merges With UB-01 (Nihilego)

VS Lusamine

Grimsley's Model

Anabel's Model

Professor Burnet

Models for Lillie, Gladion, Acerola, Grimsley, Colress, Sina, and Kahili

Models for Illima, Kiawe, Lana, Mallow, Sophocles, Acerola, Mina, Hala, Nanu, and the PC Nurse.

Professor Kukui as his alter ego, the Masked Royal.

Gester and his available Battle Styles:

PokeFinder and GF has Themselves a Laugh

Mega Evo Dex Entries

Last edited:
On that note, what do y'all think will be the best balls for the legendaries? I think that Sogaleo would be cool in a Timer or Premier Ball.

It actually makes sense that UBs are actually Pokemon. I'm probably going to nickname my UB-02 Absorbtion "Larry" because it looks a bit like Larry the Lobster.

Pretty interesting how he hasn't encountered any other ultra beasts yet. I wonder if the climax is pretty involved, then? Lots of backtracking to handle ultra beasts and such.

Team Skull seems to be working with Aether, and at some point you raid their base, fighting both them and aether grunts.

It actually makes sense that UBs are actually Pokemon. I'm probably going to nickname my UB-02 Absorbtion "Larry" because it looks a bit like Larry the Lobster.
If I was getting Sun, I would name mine either Swolesquito or Alex L. Armstrong.

would the latter name even fit

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
guys to reiterate PM me any story spoilers that pop up so that go in the OP personally trying not to look at them too often also same rules apply to this thread don't shit post for the sake of it.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Aether is apparently evil? And working with Team Skull?

Not surprised in the slightest. (Seriously GF you are not subtle especially when tryharding for plot.) Gladion being a good guy is cool though.

Aether is apparently evil? And working with Team Skull?

Not surprised in the slightest. (Seriously GF you are not subtle especially when tryharding for plot.) Gladion being a good guy is cool though.

i am guessing gladion will give you type null post game like how steven gives beldum post game in r/s

I'm surprised that Skull and Aether are working together, but I'm really delighted that Gladion seems to be a reverse mole.

Salazzle and Drumbreak, huh? Wonder what the toucan's called...

Also, I'd prefer it if the dude gave out which Pokemon were located where to help some people out, but whatever.

I'm not shocked that Aether and Skull are together. Seems like Aether wants to appear as good so they'd need a Meowth's Paw to do their evil deeds.

Since I've benn getting antsy waiting for more info, so I threw together a plot synopsis, ending at the tail end of Ula'Ula
- You arrive in Alola
- You go to find a Kahuna, however encounter Lillie and a bridge collapses, you save Cosmog from falling and are then yourself saved by the island guardian 'Tapu Koko'
- You and Lillie go back to the city where you are given a choice of Pokemon and a small ceremony as a reward
- You then face Ilima's Trial of finding Rattata.
- And encounter Team Skull for the first time.
- Get the Exp. Share. Works like it did in Gen 6.
- Fight Hala (Mankey, Makuhits, Crabrawler)
- You can then go to Akala Island.
- While on Akala Island you are introduced to the idea of Zygarde Cells, including a room where you can combine Zygarde cells you find into the varying forms
- You face 3 Trials on Akala: Mallow, Kiawe, and Lana. Totems confirmed as Lurantis, Salazzle, and Wishiwashi-School.
- Fight Olivia (Nosepass, Boldore, Lycanroc)
- Then you are introduced to Lusamine and visit the Aether Paradise, where you fight UB-01 (Whose name is obscured)
- After you defeat UB-01 you then move onto the third island where the plot thickens and you find yourself facing Guzma.
- Arrive on Ula'Ula.
- Ula'Ula has two Trials: Sophocles and Ghost Girl (name not mentioned). Totems confirmed as Vikavolt and Mimikyu.
- You go to 'Po Town' to free it from the clutches from Team Skull
- Plumeria steals Cosmog (aka the Great Cosmic Poot) away from Lillie
- Gladion seems to be a good guy and leads you and Hau to the Aether Base to recover Cosmog
- You find yourself battling through the Aether base discovering that they appear to be evil.

And with that, I'm out. I have some things that I need to do. Here:

https://archive.nyafuu.org/_/search/tripcode/fFO0IgPFrv8/

Use that search to keep tabs on Lurantis's posts, and I'll see you all later :)

Last edited:
Apparently he's still focusing on wrapping up the plot which is pretty impressive though at this point i'm guessing it's a lot more longform and probably on par with BW1 or 2 in how it covers up to/through the end.

Exp scaling being back is a good thing right? It means that even if you keep Exp Share on, your Pokémon's level won't go up too drastically...
Surprised that he's on Island 3 and has only encountered 1 Ub, would've expected more.
Also, I'm really excited about these pre-evo for the box legends. It's a very innovative idea.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)