Pokemon Sword & Shield Isle of Armour & Crown Tundra discussion

I agree with this, however there's one major complaint I have on the Isle maps: considering they are way more convoluted than the actual Wild Area, with caves, hidden path and what not... man now I REALLY wish we had a minimap or at least a compass...

That said... for science I pulled this guy out: looks like at least in Overworld they have maintained proportions (hello wild Wailords btw)
View attachment 255237
You need to capture a Wailord and see what happens.

Haha ohhhh kay wow this is amazing

As you can see it seems they did have to scale down Wailord a bit for following you to work. Makes sense.

They do an interesting thing with following pokemon: they follow you relative to their actual speeds! So corviknight is able to stick with you very easily. It'll give a little space and then follow right behind. Wailord, on the other hand, is a slow moving pokemon. He trails behind you as you move on ahead. I think if you get too far ahead he'll warp back to you.
I think some people called this half assed but I really love it, its cute.

Wailord is also, perhaps, too big, sometimes depending on the camera angle and what's going on the model will "pop" out of existence. Not like how it does in HGSS, just the usual model popin issue the game has. honestly? Perfectly understandable.

Wailord is also, perhaps, too big, sometimes depending on the camera angle and what's going on the model will "pop" out of existence. Not like how it does in HGSS, just the usual model popin issue the game has. honestly? Perfectly understandable.
A bit of a shame, but Wailord is kind of a unique case.

Thinking of it, I obviously istantly thought of A-exeggutor, are there other pokemon that are notably big worth checking out? Gyarados, Tyranitar, Steelix and Rhyperior were already available in SwSh base and those one were more or less on scale iirc

Haha ohhhh kay wow this is amazing

As you can see it seems they did have to scale down Wailord a bit for following you to work. Makes sense.

They do an interesting thing with following pokemon: they follow you relative to their actual speeds! So corviknight is able to stick with you very easily. It'll give a little space and then follow right behind. Wailord, on the other hand, is a slow moving pokemon. He trails behind you as you move on ahead. I think if you get too far ahead he'll warp back to you.
I think some people called this half assed but I really love it, its cute.

Friendly reminder that Corviknight only has 7 Speed points on Wailord (67 and 60 respectively). I don't think the difference between them should be that pronounced.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Friendly reminder that Corviknight only has 7 Speed points on Wailord (67 and 60 respectively). I don't think the difference between them should be that pronounced.
I think R_N meant more in terms of mobility. I'd imagine something like Vikavolt would follow along pretty fast despite the low in-battle speed.

I think in-game stats and battle effects are canonically not fully representative of the Pokemon world. Vikavolt and Escavalier both "fly around at high speeds". Also my level 1 Ratatta can deal 99.9% to Arceus with Endeavor.

I think R_N meant more in terms of mobility. I'd imagine something like Vikavolt would follow along pretty fast despite the low in-battle speed.
Yeh, "speed" in the actual pokemon world doesn't always translate to in-battle speed
He's also a literal beached whale and you guys are monsters.
Science requires sacrifices.....

Yeah little column A little column B. Corviknight flies so while slow it will catch up pretty fast. Sirfetch'd is also pretty slow, but can book it much faster than wailord who i have enough time to run from teh top of the dojo to the bridge, turn around and see my giant whale slowly swim its way back to me.

Unsure if it's because I went to the sightseeing spots or because its been following me for the past uhhh hour or so, but Sirfetch'd suddenly got Affection levels.

So there's something in isle of armor that passively boosts it without using Camp

So for anyone interested in Restricted Sparring

You pick a type.
You bring 3 pokemon of that type.
Pokemon are set to level 50, same restrictions as Battle Tower (no same species/items).
The AI will not necessarly have the same type of pokemon as you.

It's 5 sets of 3v3 singles. The catch is, you don't get healed between battles, but you can heal yourself twice.

Edit: oh, you gain BP as rewards, I forgot to mention it.

Unsure if it's because I went to the sightseeing spots or because its been following me for the past uhhh hour or so, but Sirfetch'd suddenly got Affection levels.

So there's something in isle of armor that passively boosts it without using Camp
Mustard says it actually, simply having the pokemon follow you raises affection (like in Let's Go)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So for anyone interested in Restricted Sparring

You pick a type.
You bring 3 pokemon of that type.
Pokemon are set to level 50, same restrictions as Battle Tower (no same species/items).
The AI will not necessarly have the same type of pokemon as you.

It's 5 sets of 3v3 singles. The catch is, you don't get healed between battles, but you can heal yourself twice.

Mustard says it actually, simply having the pokemon follow you raises affection (like in Let's Go)
Ah finally, I've been waiting for more info on this! Do any of these sets have "boss trainers"? Like idk, say you pick Psychic or Poison and the last match is against Klara or Avery, is there stuff like that?

Ah finally, I've been waiting for more info on this! Do any of these sets have "boss trainers"? Like idk, say you pick Psychic or Poison and the last match is against Klara or Avery, is there stuff like that?
I'll let you know after I pull one off, I went with a meme of Pelipper / Kingdra / Ludicolo and faced right away a Cloud Nine Golduck Woweeeeee
So I've quickly finished one with that team.
- Like in Tower, sadly you can Dynamax, but neither of my 5 opponents could
- While you aren't healed NOR revived between battle (you can pick to heal, up to twice), items are not consumed
- Note on the above: PP are NOT restored between battles
- You get 3 BP per win
- Finishing nets you 20 BP
- You get another 30 BP for your first milestone of 5 battles with a type (I think, that's what it sounded like)
- Pokemon are both old and new, I am assuming there's a trainer catalogue like in Tower, and they have sets not that different from what you'd expect from facility sets.
- You can actually continue after 5, note that the amount of heals does NOT get restored
- What the fuck is Water Bulb Alakazam doing in the AI set?
- Re the above: I suspect the AI sets are actually tailored to what type you pick, but it'd need more testing

I'm going to make an actually decent triple of pokemon (read, Dracovish my way to victory) and see how long I can keep going

Ok so fun story, in the 3rd Klara battle

She cheated by starting the fight with Toxic Spikes already set. I did not know that, but I lead with Toxtricity and "the poison spikes beneath Greg's feet disappeared"

Wow....just.....wow

Oh for the joy of facility runners... This one tracks the highest records. (crown means you won at least 5 in a row)

1592432597526.png

I didn't encounter a "boss" at 10, I just was out of alive pokemon.

While the AI doesn't dynamax... they have sets that punish it. I've met Yawn users, sets with Protect, a Obstagoon set with Parting Shot and Lash Out, even two set with temporary invincibility moves (Fly, Bounce in my case)

So I wonder how each segment of this game is split based on your story progress. Can you go all the way to the Tower before beating the game?

After the tower has to be post-game and...actually, post-post-game?? Hop is here as a research assistant for Sonia, which is pretty notable.

incidentally Sonia went to the "cold & Snow" so perhaps we'll get some more lore from her in Tundra.

So what exactly do you have to do with Kubfu? I'm completely uninterested in it so I'd like to get past the required segment as quickly as possible.

So what exactly do you have to do with Kubfu? I'm completely uninterested in it so I'd like to get past the required segment as quickly as possible.
Get him to max happiness (I just fed him a ludicrous amount of candies and berries), win 5 1v1 battles whose level depends on progress in story, 70 being the level if you're in postgame, done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)