SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Silicobra
Sand Snake Pokemon
7'3"
16.8 lbs
It spews sand from its nostrils. While the enemy is blinded, it burrows into the ground to hide.

Sandaconda
Sand Snake Pokemon
12'6"
144.4 lbs
Its unique style of coiling allows it to blast sand out of its sand sac more efficiently.

A ledian by any other names is just as....lackluster >.>
Considering Orbeetle has at minimum almost 100 more BST points than Ledian and decent defensive stats, I think it'll hold up okay relative to other non-Vikavolt early game bugs. That's more of an indicator of how terrible Ledian is though. I unironically think it's the worst evolved Pokémon and despite how much I like it I struggle to use it in-game (35/55 offense and 55 defense with mediocre speed....) I really hoped it would get something this gen, but alas.

Silicobra
Sand Snake Pokemon
7'3"
16.8 lbs
It spews sand from its nostrils. While the enemy is blinded, it burrows into the ground to hide.

Sandaconda
Sand Snake Pokemon
12'6"
144.4 lbs
Its unique style of coiling allows it to blast sand out of its sand sac more efficiently.
...wait a minute...is his nose a sand shotgun?!

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assumption is 0 EVs because apparently this Sandaconda was caught fresh in the wild. Nature was taken into account. The range is for 0 or 31 IVs. If it's 31 IVs, then the stat would be the lower of the range. If it's 0 IVs, the stat would be the higher of the range (<-- that is not a typo)

Sandaconda:
HP: 67 - 83
Atk: 96 - 111
Def: 123 - 139
SpA: 58 - 73
SpDef: 67 - 83
Spe: 70 - 86

I'm done for tonight. I won't be able to resume for another ~20 hours. If any of you post stats in the meantime, please remember to consider whether the Pokemon was raised up or caught fresh (as in, whether it might have EVs), remember the nature, and calculate the scenarios for 0 and 31 IVs in order to create a range, rather than just posting one number.

penpex no, the ranges I posted were correct. It's counterintuitive, but the red stat is the one that's increased and the blue is the one that's decreased. That Zamazenta is Mild.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Yamask
Spirit Pokemon
1'8"
3.3 lbs
It's said that this Pokemon was formed when an ancient clay tablet was drawn to a vengeful spirit.

Runerigus
Grudge Pokemon
5'3
146.8 lbs
Never touch its shadowlike body, or you'll be shown the horrific memories behind the picture carved into it.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Runrigus stats, assuming 40 EVs for each stat, with a range from 0 IVs (highest possible stats, really) to 31 IVs (lowest possible stats). Also, its Hasty.

Runrigus
HP: 52-68
Atk: 80-95
Def: 130-145
SpA: 40-56
SpD: 90-106
Spe: 23-38

I think I found different BST than what was posted previously for Zamazenta (especially for Def and SpA, maybe the Impish nature wasn't taken into account) :
HP: 92
Atk: 136
Def: 95
SpA: 99
SpD: 130
Spe: 138

They add up to 680. I tried 4 or 5 combinations of 3 31IVs that didn't give the exact values shown, to end up with that one, but technically there are 20 (= choose 3 among 6 for math people) combinations of 3 31IVs, so it might be sth different.
I'm pretty sure that the blue indicates the stat being decreased and the red means that it's increased. So the Zamazenta in the screenshot has a Mild nature.

+Special Attack
-Defense

So based on the description, it seems that Wandering Spirit differs from Mummy in that it only activates if an opposing Pokemon hits it with a move that makes contact. So Runerigus making contact doesn't activate Wandering Spirit. For what the ability does, that seems like the better option that simply copying Mummy's mechanics. It wouldn't really make much sense for Runerigus to swap an ability only to undo it when it attacks. Though if the Pokemon that had it's ability swapped were to attack Runerigus again, it should gain it's ability back which doesn't sound that good.

If Zacian has similar stats it's going to be crazy strong with its ability raising his attack stat and Life Orb. Pure Fairy is pretty good so not sure it will be that interesting to use the Rusted Sword. Even if we still don't know how it works exactly.

So based on the description, it seems that Wandering Spirit differs from Mummy in that it only activates if an opposing Pokemon hits it with a move that makes contact. So Runerigus making contact doesn't activate Wandering Spirit. For what the ability does, that seems like the better option that simply copying Mummy's mechanics. It wouldn't really make much sense for Runerigus to swap an ability only to undo it when it attacks. Though if the Pokemon that had it's ability swapped were to attack Runerigus again, it should gain it's ability back which doesn't sound that good.
Charizard used Slash on Runerigus
Wandering Spirit activated
Runerigus now has Blaze
Runerigus used Shadow Claw on Charizard
Runerigus now has Wandering Spirit.

Just pretend someone used Foresight or Odor Sleuth earlier.

Runrigus stats, assuming 40 EVs for each stat, with a range from 0 IVs (highest possible stats, really) to 31 IVs (lowest possible stats). Also, its Hasty.

Runrigus
HP: 52-68
Atk: 80-95
Def: 130-145
SpA: 40-56
SpD: 90-106
Spe: 23-38
Wandering Spirit on a physical mon sounds... odd. I guess in doubles you can pull off some shenanigans by giving Runegrigas an ability from a partner, or giving Wandering Spirit to an opponent and then not hitting it with contact moves. But in singles, considering Runegrigas's good offensive moves all probably make contact it's just gonna go back and forth. I guess that's the "wandering" part of it.

Charizard used Slash on Runerigus
Runerigus now has Blaze
Runerigus used Shadow Claw on Charizard
Runerigus now has Wandering Spirit.
Right, I misspoke. Runerigus wouldn't be able to make physical contact with the Pokemon it swapped abilities with. Given it's stats are more inclined to being a physical attacker, that in itself works against it's ability. If it was more specially inclined like Cofagrigus, that would probably work better for it.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If Zacian has similar stats it's going to be crazy strong with its ability raising his attack stat and Life Orb. Pure Fairy is pretty good so not sure it will be that interesting to use the Rusted Sword. Even if we still don't know how it works exactly.
I'm sure Zacian in its base forme will make sense, but Zacian-C (the armor forme) is Fairy / Steel, which is a freaking incredible defensive typing. I'm sure there will be plenty of reasons to use Rusted Sword!

Right, I misspoke. Runerigus wouldn't be able to make physical contact with the Pokemon it swapped abilities with. Given it's stats are more inclined to being a physical attacker, that in itself works against it's ability. If it was more specially inclined like Cofagrigus, that would probably work better for it.
Just because it has a better Attack stat doesn't mean it has to be a physical attacker (not that it's physical is really that great either). With its great defense it can just be used as a wall and effect applier just like how Cofagrigus is used mostly.
Or better, it can use this way to keep it's ability when it needs it. Unlike Mummy where everybody just gets Mummy, it can receive something that wouldn't really help it either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)