SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I was wondering when GF would just get around to malign an item that grabbed hazards immunity. But silly me, I seem to have left my Volcorona elsewhere. :/

Eh, I was kinda hoping Obstagoon would have higher attack. Guts with a Flame Orb and STAB Facade had me hoping it was going to be a serious wall breaker.

Eldegoss looks to be a nice substitute for Tangrowth! It’s pretty fat! It’ll make a nice Regen core with Toxapex.

Lvl 47 for those running calcs
Fair enough. Looks like he has roughly the same stats as Weezing. Probably not very good though it has great typing alongside Levitate.

obstagoon doesn't get gluttony, galarian linoone does

that's what they are saying

and I'm glad it doesn't, because galarian linoone has the better design and deserves to stand out
Yeah instead it gets Guts. Sitrus Berry works well enough with that bulk. You just need to find something that can't do 75%+ to you. Very easy if you invest in bulk. I guess it would get Extremespeed through transfers right? So BD / Dark move / ES / filler is possible?

If Obstagoon gets Swords Dance or even just Bulk Up, it can have a niche of being a Guts attacker that can ESpeed to revenge kill or Facade to break.
yea I feel Obstagoon's big jump in overall bulk and useful resists/immunities (Ghost and Psychic immunities are great and a Dark resist is useful) mean that if it gets any setup moves along with ESpeed and Sucker Punch, it could really cement a new niche for itself

hell, maybe Gamefreak even decided to give it Drain Punch too, that'd be great

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Fair enough. Looks like he has roughly the same stats as Weezing. Probably not very good though it has great typing alongside Levitate.
The typing alone and ability (levitate in singles, gas is double and maybe singles) are pretty great though. And Weezing is pretty physically bulky, should be a near-perfect Fighting counter

Weezing has always done decent work though and we dont have very many physical walling fairies and most things weak to fairies carry poison coverage soooo

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Leaker is just deadass leaking out the NU fodder. Are all the good stuff already done?

Weezing has been NU for like 10 years. Pain Split isn't enough. I don't think good typing will be enough to save it.

Edit: It might find some weird niche in OU but I don't think it will make OU by usage.
Poison/Fairy is one of a few type combos that resist Dark/Fairy, and it’s physically bulky. At the very least it could wall Grimmsnarl a bit if it has no way of handling G-Weezing.

Coalossal

HP: 106-121
Atk: 75-90
Def: 112-128
SpA: 71-86
SpD: 81-96
Spe: 25-40

Lol this thing sucks
Ooof. Did GF try to make a defensive mon with this garbage defensive type weak to 4x weak water and ground and weak to SR?

Tsk, with those offensive stats we can’t even use it on a Trick Room team as an offensive mon. :/

Coalossal

HP: 106-121
Atk: 75-90
Def: 112-128
SpA: 71-86
SpD: 81-96
Spe: 25-40

Lol this thing sucks
Ooof. Did GF try to make a defensive mon with this garbage defensive type weak to 4x weak water and ground and weak to SR?

Tsk, with those offensive stats we can’t even use it on a Trick Room team as an offensive mon. :/
This was done by a guy on 4chan but...

Weakness Policy Coalossal beats Toxapex 100% of the time.

Survives Scald, hits back with EQ, second, boosted EQ KOs even with a turn of hiding behind protect to try and heal.

Toxapex would have to start pulling from it's bulk to boost SpAtk to kill Coalossal and that significantly reduces it's threat to everything else

Pure Wall Toxapex loses to Coalossal.

A Crit Scald is only a 50% chance to kill.

This was done by a guy on 4chan but...

Weakness Policy Coalossal beats Toxapex 100% of the time.

Survives Scald, hits back with EQ, second, boosted EQ KOs even with a turn of hiding behind protect to try and heal.

Toxapex would have to start pulling from it's bulk to boost SpAtk to kill Coalossal and that significantly reduces it's threat to everything else

Pure Wall Toxapex loses to Coalossal.

A Crit Scald is only a 50% chance to kill.
Still really niche if the sole purpose is to pull out a SUPRISE B- to Toxapex considering the opportunity cost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)