SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Thick Fat Azumarill

Certified Pasta Enjoyer
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I don't recall Aegi being good in either vgc or bss tho, which makes it a weird nerf.

Unless they were scared of someone dinamaxing a shield-form Aegislash? I wonder if Max Moves will trigger his form change
Aegi has always been great in BSS, it's been consistently on the most used mons list.

I don't know much about VGC, but I recall it being good in some non GS Cup formats.

We still have a speed boosting Baton Passer, we still have a Smash Passer, and Baton Pass was still universally banned for being uncompetitive last gen and this ban will likely carry over. I’m baffled by how people see a previously banned mechanic getting visibly better and somehow assume it will be legal
In fairness, that conversation happened before it became clear that SmashPassing was a thing. Knowing what we do now, yes, the move definitely needs to remain banned.

Unrelated note, but I love the flavour of the wolf legendary learning Moonblast, especially when that move is probably as utterly useless on it as Outrage was on Xerneas.

Do we have anything on Drednaw, Stonjourner or Cursola yet? They're definitely my favorite Gen 8 mons so far.
Perish Song
Tackle
Harden
Astonish
Disable
Spite
Ancient Power
Hex
Curse
Strength Sap
Power Gem
Night Shade
Grudge
Mirror Coat
HP : 50/65
Atk : 91/106
Def : 47/63
Atk Spe : 141/156
Def Spe: 118/133
Speed : 21/35

Has any leaker revealed anything abt the postgame? Still debating if I’m going to buy it
There's no post-game. Battle Tower and keep walking around the wild areas to catch Pokémon you already have. Altho that was to be expected, Pokémon haven't had a real Post-Game since 3DS era.

There's no post-game. Battle Tower and keep walking around the wild areas to catch Pokémon you already have. Altho that was to be expected, Pokémon haven't had a real Post-Game since 3DS era.
Ah damn, although yeah I expected that, well is the story at least sizable?

Someone was streaming Sword earlier and it got taken down, but not until after they caught a Rookidee.

Rookidee
Tiny Bird Pokemon
Type - Flying
Height - 8"
Weight - 4 lbs.

"It will bravely challenge any opponent, no matter how powerful. This Pokemon benefits from every battle - even a defeat increases its strength a bit."
So the Rookidee line are Saiyans. Got it.

That I can't answer, because I haven't played the games nor spoiled with details about the adventure, but I'm pretty sure it'll be at least equal to most Pokémon games.

trubbish

Banned deucer.
Which 3DS games had a real postgame? Pokemon's post game died with the Nintendo DS

Story seems to be decent, albeit a fairly standard fare and there's a postgame episode. It also feels complete in a way that makes a third version very unlikely.

There is also Max Raid Battles, which look like there will be content releases or seasonal events.

Thinking about it, that is a possible source of post-Eternatus dex entries if we're being optimistic -- it seems unlikely that Pokemon you can't get at the time of the game's release would be required for dex completion or otherwise conspicuously missing.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Not to sound like a downer, but I'm seeing a lot of questions here that could simply be answered by looking at the 2nd post of the thread. It's the hub of info basically includes everything from the new Pokémon (and their stats), to the entire dex that's in Galar, to new moves / abilities / items, to TMs/TRs, to even dex entries. The only things it doesn't really cover are:

- Relearners (too many of these, though I guess a list of notable moves could work)
- Story stuff (most people don't want to look at these)
- Miscellaneous info like Raid stuff (prob have to sift through a lot to include notable stuff)

So I urge people to look at the post if you have something that I mentioned above.

There is a bit more to the post-game that was not mentioned. It is:

The Zacian/Zamazenta plot that involves the Galar royalty concludes in the post-game. The main game instead deals with the League Challenge and Eternatus.

I was watching a bit of that stream, and... it seemed that Gossifleur speed rose after she used Rapid Spin

Did... did they gave Rapid Spin another secondary effect, or was that speed increase something else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)