Pokemon Y MonoRegion Nuzlocke: Kanto

1: Gotcha Catch Em All

I've been watching a lot of Pokemon Youtubers recently, some of which include Nuzlockers. A lot of them will put their own twists on things, like the use of a monotype team. For my first ever Nuzlocke: I decided to do a Mono-Region Nuzlocke, starting with, of course, Kanto.

Nuzlocke rules: Can only catch the first Kanto Pokemon encountered, if a Pokemon faints it must be released in the PC, all Pokemon must be nicknamed.

I start out with a Chespin, since my favorite Kanto starter is Bulbasaur. Advancing through, I name myself Ash and pick up a Pidgey, named Forgotten. He's got a Lonely Nature, so more Attack and less Defense.

Pidgey starts off with just Tackle, so it's time to do some training before advancing towards the first Trainer. I'm level 6 before I feel confident in taking on the Zigzagoon, but I win and head to Santalune Forest, where I get... a Caterpie. Bye Bye has a Naughty nature, plus Attack and minus Special Defense. That's bad, but I have to deal with it.

Santalune Forest goes relatively smoothly with the exception of a Lass with a Pikachu. Thankfully, my newly evolved Metapod is able to take it out... eventually. Even a plus Attack Metapod can't hit very hard, after all.

My next encounter on Route 3 continues the Ash theme: it's a Pikachu! Things get a little hairy because Metapod gets paralysis FOUR TURNS in a row, but I eventually catch her. Pikaaaaaaaaa has a Mild nature, minus Defense and plus Special Attack. Useful but a bit dangerous.

My last encounter of the day on Route 22 is one I'd rather not have gotten. Not only is Farfetch'd pretty bad, but it means I can't get Psyduck which is the encounter I would've preferred. Still, DUX joins the team.

And that's all for now! Next time: Viola and more encounters.

Update 2: Buggin Out

So Viola, as you might imagine, wasn't too much trouble. Pikaaaaaaaaa takes out Surskit, DUX takes out Vivilon. Simple.

My next major battle is Sycamore. Bye Bye takes out Bulbasaur and Charmander (who only used Scratch and Smokescreen, for... some reason) then Pika takes out Squirtle. Now for the infamous choice: Which Kanto Starter?

... I pick Squirtle. I need something to take on Grant, and I haven't used a Squirtle in a long time. Bowser joins the team with a Serious nature.

Not a ton tonight. Just wanted to get Viola done and get my Kanto starter.

Update 2: Taking Things Slow

... yeah, I'm really taking things slow. Case in point: today, I got through Parfrum Palace. Not much going on. I missed out on an Abra when it Teleported away and I got an Oddish named Shrub. It has a Lonely nature, which kinda sucks. Ah well.

Oh! I also caught Snorlax for my Route 7 encounter. Cause it's Snorlax, which also has a Lonely nature. And Bowser evolved into Wartortle.

Last edited:
Update 3: We Hardly Knew Ye

Hey, remember the Snorlax? I named him Life Goals. And he just went down to a Sandile. It used Sand Attack, Sand Tomb and Torment to take it out.

... yeah, I'm an idiot.

I also picked up a Zubat, but benched it. I can't use Crobat with my rules, and putting an Eviolite on it would ruin the appeal of STAB Acrobatics. So Nightwing goes into the box. So does Forgotten-I really don't like Pidgey.

I also pick up a Rhyhorn in Glittering Cave. AustinPowers joins the team with a Lax nature. Well, it was gonna die to any solid Special hit anyways. Just gotta be careful. I also go back and pick up the Bulldoze TM so Rhyhorn can have a move that isn't normal type.

Hilariously, Rhyhorn gets poisoned on the first Team Flare grunt in Glittering Cave. That was a fun run back to the person who heals you outside of it. And by fun, I mean stressful.

At least the rest of Team Flare goes down without much of a struggle.

CURRENT TEAM: AustinPowers the Rhyhorn, 18. Pikaaaaaaaaa the Pikachu, 18. Bowser the Wartortle, 18. Shrub the Oddish, 18. Bye Bye the Butterfree, 18.

Boxed: Forgotten the Pidgey, DUX the Farfetch'd, Nightwing the Zubat.

Dead and released: Life Goals the Snorlax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)