Poliffet Duet (Stall team[?])

Hello and welcome to my first RMT and also the first team that I have put together. I haven't been able to play this team in many complete games because people keep forfeiting, leaving and going AFK. But so far, I have won 3 full games in a row with it and finally lost to lawnmower :/.

Team Building Process:

As a stall team, I thought that I might need a cleric so she is who I chose. I chose her over Bliss for additional bulk at the cost of leftovers.

Added a Politoed to help counter sun, sandstorm and hail teams.

Added Wobby to take advantage of Politoed's Perish song.

Magnezone is added to trap in pesky Ferrothorn.

Added a Zapdos to take advantage of the weather and sweep.

Added a Rotom-W to take advantage of the weather.

After having lawnmower set up stealth rock and spikes on me, destroy my team by rest talking roar and dragon tails, and finally going 1-1 on my chansey then PP stalling me to death with his stallmence, I replaced zapdos with a donphan for Rapid Spin.

Ater having my team smushed by a SubPunch Breloom, I decided to replace Magnezone with Amoonguss.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Chansey here, is chosen over Blissey for extra defense. This will hopefully prolong her life so that I am able to outstall the opposing team. I am still not sure which of the two are more effective though. Heal Bell is for healing statuses which will help to prolong the team's life. wish also prolongs the teams life by a mile, and toxic is there to force switches and prevent setups. Seismic toss is used in between wishes to deal damage to the apposing team to reduce setups.

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Perish Song

Politoed is a safety measure against teams that run sun, sand and hail. It also provides permanent rain for some of my rain abusers. Hydropump hurts Ninetales and Tyranitar. Ice beam deals with dragons and Thundurus; which can be a pain in the rain. Hidden Power grass is here to deal with water pokes and ground. This breaks stalls such as Quagsires and Gliscors. Perish Song prevents pokes such as Ninjask from baton passing as the sight of Wobby strikes fear into their hearts.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SDef
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Wobby is here to take advantage of Politoed's perish song by trapping them using shadow tag. There is nothing much to say here, it is the standard Wobbuffet set. I would switch this in after a perish song and if the apposing team doesn't switch out, I would just assume that the poke has Baton Pass, U-turn or Volt Switch. With very little prediction, U-turns and Volt Switches can be countered. this allows Wobby to deal damage to the pokemon that the opposing team switches into. Or if the poke seems to have Baton Pass, I would Encore and hope it uses a setup move and just stall it to death.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Clear Smog
Amoonguss is an amazing wall and it can easily outstall flamethrower Blissey. Drizzle helps reduce the amount of damage done by fire moves. It also allows me to switch into an opposing rain team's pokemons. Giga Drain is there to provide Amoonguss extra recovery and also allows Amoonguss to deal with threats such as Politoeds, TTars and Gastrodoons. HP ice is there to help deal with dragons that switch into Amoonguss to try to setup DD. With its amazing bulk and typing, it can switch into Breloom, absorb hits and hit it hard with clear smog. Clear smog also allows Amoonguss to deal with DDers, CMers and SDers.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Donphan is the rapid spinner of the team. It has a fantastic ground typing and the EVs allow it to switch into physical attackers and rapid spin. It also has priority Ice Shard to help get rid of pesky dragons and Landorus. Earthquake is for getting rid of electric teams. Stealth rock is there so I can setup entry hazards.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
Rotom-W is almost always good in the rain. It has Rain and STAB boosted Hydro Pump that cripples the opposing team. Volt Switch is there so I can get a good defensive momentum if the opposing team switches. trick is there to trick the opposing team. HP ice is there to deal with pesky dragons and even grass pokes that switch into Rotom-W
Thank you so much for your time.

Import:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Perish Song

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SDef
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 148 SDef / 44 Spd
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- U-turn
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Donphan @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Constructive criticism, suggestions, and comments are always appreciated.

THREATS:
Breloom is a threat which would destroy the entire team with SubPunch and Seed Bomb which do 2x damage to every member of the team. - Fixed by adding Amoonguss

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hello Cantor, nice team.

Very unorthodox team for the BW2 OU metagame you have here, but you seem to have the right idea, and the synergy is very decent, so kudos for that. I see some flaws that need to be addressed, and hopefully my rate can iron out those flaws. With that said, let me start with this rate. Alright, first up, I would like to suggest running a spread of 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SpD on your Wobbuffet over your current spread. This EV spread gives Wobbuffet a Leftovers number and allows it to take any hits that may come its way. Up next, I believe you wanted to put 252 Speed EV's on your Magnezone instead of 252 Special Defense EV's, so I suggest that you change it immedately. Now, you mentioned Breloom as a huge threat to this team, and I believe you can easily remedy this situation by using an Amoonguss over your current choice of Rotom-W. Amoonguss not only resists both of Brelooms STAB moves, but can easily heal off the pitiful damage it takes from Breloom with Regenerator and can hit it hard with a Clear Smog, to render thos Swords Dances useless and deal some decent damage with Hidden Power Ice. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge Lv. 100 -- Regenerator

Nature: Calm - EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef​

- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Clear Smog

• Wobbuffet
    : 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef -> 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SpD
  • Magnezone
    : 252 Special Defense EV's -> 252 Speed EV's
  • Rotom-W
    ----------------> Amoonguss

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)

Hey.

Nice stall team you have here so props for it. However, I have some advice to give you so let's go with the rate. First of all, as you already said, your team has a big weakness to Breloom. It can setup on Politoed, Chansey and Rotom-W and then smash your team, therefore I suggest you to use Celebi replacing Magnezone that seems the weak line and anyway you don't need Magnezone in your team because stee-types like Ferrothorn aren't a problem for this team since Rotom-W can burn them and because you haven't anything to take advantage by killing of the steel-types. Otherwise Celebi gives you a solid counter for Breloom and an other check to threats like Rock Polish Landorus and Terrakion. I'd use an EV spread of 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe with a moveset of Giga Drain, Recover, Baton Pass and Perish Song, with Calm nature and with Leftovers of course. I'd use Baton Pass to avoid Tyranitar and Scizor's Pursuit. Then, I'd change a little your Politoed. In my opinion, you don't need offensive moves and EVs in SAtk because Politoed needs much staying power to keep alive itself as long as possible and it must tank some hits during the matches. Therefore, a EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef should work better than your current one in this team, accordingly I suggest you to change Politoed's moveset into Scald, Protect, Toxic and Perish Song. As last thing, I suggest you to use Volt Switch replacing Thunder on Rotom-W because it allows you to gain useful momentum and because in my opinion Rotom-W doesn't need Thunder at all since it isn't a offensive pokemon.

Good luck!

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey Cantor, cool team

It seems a bit weak to Dragons though, with Magnezone as your only steel and no true physical wall, you could have a really hard time stopping a team with multiple dragons such as DD Haxorus or SD Garchomp, especially when Donphan is removed. SD Garchomp in particular sets up all over Magnezone and survives Ice Shard easily, even more so with a Yache Berry equipped. After that it pretty much proceeds to destroy the team between +2 Earthquakes and Dragon Claws/Outrages, unfortunately. I think the best plan here would be to replace Magnezone with a Skarmory to stop dragons and also give you Spikes which allow stall to function well. Spikes give you the residual damage that alllows you to weaken offense and wear down other defensive teams, and Whirlwind is a great artifice to spread around the damage. Skarmory is almost a catch-all this gen and the few physical threats it can't stop are beaten by Psychic and water types which you already have. Magnezone can't really counter too many threats and generally has more of a place on offensive teams than on stall. Skarmory is also able to make fantastic use of the Spikes with Whirlwind and can spread the damage around well. I suggest a SpDef Celebi over your Wobbuffet as well to give you a nice counter to both NP Landorus, which is very good at breaking stall late-game and Breloom, which you cited as a threat. Celebi is also a great counter to CM Jirachi and Keldeo with Perish Song. Finally, I think it would be good to try a Scarfed Rotom-W over your current set, in order to give your team a bit more speed to revenge kill stuff like Terrakion and Thundurus-T.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Perish Song
- U-turn
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Hello Cantor, nice team.

Very unorthodox team for the BW2 OU metagame you have here, but you seem to have the right idea, and the synergy is very decent, so kudos for that. I see some flaws that need to be addressed, and hopefully my rate can iron out those flaws. With that said, let me start with this rate. Alright, first up, I would like to suggest running a spread of 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SpD on your Wobbuffet over your current spread. This EV spread gives Wobbuffet a Leftovers number and allows it to take any hits that may come its way. Up next, I believe you wanted to put 252 Speed EV's on your Magnezone instead of 252 Special Defense EV's, so I suggest that you change it immedately. Now, you mentioned Breloom as a huge threat to this team, and I believe you can easily remedy this situation by using an Amoonguss over your current choice of Rotom-W. Amoonguss not only resists both of Brelooms STAB moves, but can easily heal off the pitiful damage it takes from Breloom with Regenerator and can hit it hard with a Clear Smog, to render thos Swords Dances useless and deal some decent damage with Hidden Power Ice. Well, that's all I have to say for now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck in your future endeavours!
Loving the Amoonguss. Replaced Megnazone with it.
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge Lv. 100 -- Regenerator

Nature: Calm - EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef​

- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Clear Smog

• Wobbuffet
    : 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef -> 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SpD
  • Magnezone
    : 252 Special Defense EV's -> 252 Speed EV's
  • Rotom-W
    ----------------> Amoonguss

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)
Stats changed.Loving the Amoonguss. Replaced Magnezone because with Amoonguss, Magnezone seems to be redundant.
Hey.

Nice stall team you have here so props for it. However, I have some advice to give you so let's go with the rate. First of all, as you already said, your team has a big weakness to Breloom. It can setup on Politoed, Chansey and Rotom-W and then smash your team, therefore I suggest you to use Celebi replacing Magnezone that seems the weak line and anyway you don't need Magnezone in your team because stee-types like Ferrothorn aren't a problem for this team since Rotom-W can burn them and because you haven't anything to take advantage by killing of the steel-types. Otherwise Celebi gives you a solid counter for Breloom and an other check to threats like Rock Polish Landorus and Terrakion. I'd use an EV spread of 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe with a moveset of Giga Drain, Recover, Baton Pass and Perish Song, with Calm nature and with Leftovers of course. I'd use Baton Pass to avoid Tyranitar and Scizor's Pursuit. Then, I'd change a little your Politoed. In my opinion, you don't need offensive moves and EVs in SAtk because Politoed needs much staying power to keep alive itself as long as possible and it must tank some hits during the matches. Therefore, a EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef should work better than your current one in this team, accordingly I suggest you to change Politoed's moveset into Scald, Protect, Toxic and Perish Song. As last thing, I suggest you to use Volt Switch replacing Thunder on Rotom-W because it allows you to gain useful momentum and because in my opinion Rotom-W doesn't need Thunder at all since it isn't a offensive pokemon.

Good luck!
Changing the Offensive Politoed to a defensive Politoed got me smushed by a dragon team.
Amoonguss seems to work better than Celebi for me because it can switch into more threats.

Hey Cantor, cool team

It seems a bit weak to Dragons though, with Magnezone as your only steel and no true physical wall, you could have a really hard time stopping a team with multiple dragons such as DD Haxorus or SD Garchomp, especially when Donphan is removed. SD Garchomp in particular sets up all over Magnezone and survives Ice Shard easily, even more so with a Yache Berry equipped. After that it pretty much proceeds to destroy the team between +2 Earthquakes and Dragon Claws/Outrages, unfortunately. I think the best plan here would be to replace Magnezone with a Skarmory to stop dragons and also give you Spikes which allow stall to function well. Spikes give you the residual damage that alllows you to weaken offense and wear down other defensive teams, and Whirlwind is a great artifice to spread around the damage. Skarmory is almost a catch-all this gen and the few physical threats it can't stop are beaten by Psychic and water types which you already have. Magnezone can't really counter too many threats and generally has more of a place on offensive teams than on stall. Skarmory is also able to make fantastic use of the Spikes with Whirlwind and can spread the damage around well. I suggest a SpDef Celebi over your Wobbuffet as well to give you a nice counter to both NP Landorus, which is very good at breaking stall late-game and Breloom, which you cited as a threat. Celebi is also a great counter to CM Jirachi and Keldeo with Perish Song. Finally, I think it would be good to try a Scarfed Rotom-W over your current set, in order to give your team a bit more speed to revenge kill stuff like Terrakion and Thundurus-T.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Perish Song
- U-turn
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
Changed Rotom-W. Still considering adding the Skarmory.

Changing original post soon
Original post changed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)