(Ignore the security warning; I don't have an SSL certificate yet because I don't have a domain name yet.)
For the last year and a half I've been working on a database/website that aims to show Pokémon Showdown usage stats data in a user friendly, easily navigable way that makes more in-depth analysis possible. I envisioned a site that combined the best parts of veekun - its comprehensive relational database of Pokédex data - with the best parts of the smogon.com/stats data archives - its shit tons of usage data. To that end, I've created Porydex (name probably not final) - the (probably not yet, but hopefully soon) best way to search through and analyze Showdown usage stats.
I started this project long before azelf.info or pikalytics.com were public, but I think my goals are different enough that I can still carve a niche for myself. For one thing, my main motivation was to make it easier to compare data. This month vs last month, this rating level vs that rating level, and so on. I wanted to be able to do things like see a list of the most common users of Trick Room or Defog or Choice Scarf. Also, charts. Lots and lots of charts.
- Complete usage stats history for the standard tiers (OU, UU, VGC, etc) for Gen 6 and Gen 7
- Usage data can be translated to any of the 10 languages the Pokémon games are released in (not the page menus though, because I am not a polyglot)
- Trend charts! Look at the usage history of Landorus-Therian! Or Landorus-Therian's usage history of Stealth Rock! Or the usage history of Landorus-Therian with Stealth Rock! There are currently 8 different chart types, with more to come whenever somebody asks for one.
- Trend charts with multiple data sets! Look at the usage history of Landorus-Therian vs Tapu Koko! Or Landorus-Therian with Choice Scarf vs Tapu Koko with Hidden Power Ice! Or Magearna's usage of Assault Vest vs Trick Room vs Shift Gear! Technically all these are already possible, but not accessible from the UI. I don't know how to handle the UI for that yet, and I'm open to suggestions. (I also need to finish the code that dynamically generates chart titles and line labels based on which trends are being requested.)
- A Pokédex component to the website, with all the things people expect from Pokédex websites like serebii or veekun. Technically the website's database already has most of that data already, but a UI for any of it has been very low on my priorities list compared to the stats half of the site.
- Whatever enough other people want - I'm taking requests.
Also, it's all open source on GitHub. The site was built with a PHP/MySQL back-end. If anyone wants to contribute, go right ahead! Especially anyone who's better than me at UI/UX (so, anyone at all).