ORAS UU Poseidon - UU BO

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

hype it up
click this imo
Hi guys, what's up. After a little break from spamming the forums with RMTs, I decided to get back into it featuring one of the more unique teams I've built over the past few weeks. It features a nice slow core, supported by some fast Pokemon and a wallbreaker. The team has been hovering around the 1500s but I really haven't had the team to seriously ladder with it, so idk how high it could get. Let's get right into the team (song is really cool hope you'll give it a listen.)

Slowking gave me a powerful special wallbreaker as well as a fighting and fire check.

Escavalier and Diancie gave me a defensive backbone, along with a more solid checks to everything in the meta. Diancie gave the team Heal Bell and Stealth Rock support.

Scarf Hydreigon and Crobat gave the team two fast pivots, a fast revenge killer, and Defog support. It also provided a secondary Fairy check and Fighting check. Hydreigon provided a Chandelure check.

Mamoswine was added as Gyarados and Swampert lure, physical wallbreaker, and a powerful priority user to revenge more threats. It also gave the team an electric immunity.

Poseidon
(Slowking) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Trick Room

The whole idea of this team was to start out with one of the strongest gods, Poseidon. I really wanted to mess around with the Nasty Plot Trick Room set because with all of Slowking's resistances and natural bulk, I felt it could find opportunities to set up in lots of match-ups. The spread is pretty simple, Max SpA for wallbreaking, and Max HP to take hits better, and allow Slowking to set up a bit easier. I opted for Modest Nature over Quiet Nature(+SpA, -Spe) because i wanted to be able to set up on Pokemon like Mandibuzz and Umbreon that have Foul Play as their only offensive move. The Speed didn't really matter because then I could rather safely outspeed most of the things I needed to under Trick Room. Slowking does take a little to set-up, but the combination of Scald and Psyshock allow it to punch through physical and special walls with its STAB moves. You could opt for Psychic > Psyshock but then beating Blissey and Florges would become annoying. Slowking checks things like Infernape, Cobalion, and Lucario while providing a pretty safe Scald switch-in.

Ares (Escavalier) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Knock Off / Swords Dance
- Pursuit / Swords Dance

Escavalier is becoming a more prevalent Pokemon in the meta ever since Sylveon dropped, and it fits nicely here on the team with its multiple fire resists to support it. I opted for 4 Attacks + Lefties over Swords Dance because trapping stuff like Beedrill and common Volt Switchers can make a huge difference on this team. Knock Off I feel provides necessary utility, more then Swords Dance because while this team would appreciate a physical wallbreaker, it already has one of the most solid ones in the meta, and I like having it more support then attacker. It acts as the obligatory Specs Sylveon switch-in, and is also my main way of beating Calm Mind users such as Florges, Reuniclus, Cresselia, etc. It checks lots of Fairy Types, as well as matching up well against balance builds and VoltTurn builds. The spread is the recommended Smogon spread, and it works just fine so no need to tweak it. Use it as a catch-all Special check, just be careful of it being worn down. You could also choose to run Swords Dance over Knock Off, in which case you should run Knock Off > Freeze Dry on Mamoswine. Swords Dance improves the match up vs. CurseLax but weakens Escav's utility and ability Knock its few switch ins.

Aphrodite (Diancie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Diancie is the backbone of this team, checking so many threats such as Entei, Darmanitan, Conkeldurr, Hydreigon, etc. It acts as the main rocker on this team, as well as providing Heal Bell support, which is absolutely crucial for the other members of the team. The team is very susceptible to status, and without Diancie, it would have a hard time functioning. Diamond Storm and Moonblast are reliable STAB that actually secure a lot of kills, whether its versus Haxorus or Moltres, Moonblast and Diamond Storm provide really good coverage. The spread allows it to take on Entei even when burned, and lets it take 4 Sacred Fires + burn damage. The rest was dumped into SpD so it could better check things like Moltres, Rotom-H, and Hydreigon.

Hakai (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

After the trio of gods was finished, the team was painfully slow even with Trick Room support, so I added Hydreigon as a reliable revenge killer and so that Chandelure doesn't eat me alive. It provides key resistances, and can be a decent pivot with U-turn. Hydreigon's natural bulk and typing lets it soft check so many Pokemon like the above mentioned Chandy which is really crucial for this team. Hydreigon just provides the speed that the team needed to deal with faster threats. The description is a bit short, but the set is fairly standard, so not much to say. I also opted Timid > Modest so that I could revenge Adamant Mega Sharpedo. Fire Blast is pretty mandatory coverage for this team because Mega Aggron can cause trouble for the team if Mamoswine gets killed off somehow, and luring Forretress and Escav puts a lot less pressure on Diancie.

Kyofu (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Crobat adds Defog support along with a reliable fast pivot. I needed it to be bulky so i could better check things like conk, and not be 2hko'd all the team by Sylveon so I play mindgames with Escavalier. It pivots around with U-turn, and 2hko's standard max speed Sylveon. Roost is reliable recover, while Brave Bird helps me get chip damage off for Mamo / Hydreigon and pressuring Fighting / Grass types. I opted for Black Sludge over Sky Plate because it makes Specs Sylveon a guaranteed 3hko with Hyper Voice, and gives it passive recovery to lessen the Brave Bird recoil strain. 144 Speed and a Jolly nature creeps Whimsicott, with max HP and the rest dumped into defense to better check fighting types. You could opt to run more speed to outspeed other Crobat, but I like the slower U-turn so that I can get someone else it safely while grabbing momentum.

Tsurara (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry / Knock Off

Mamoswine was added as a priority user with insane wallbreaking capabilities. I opted for Adamant over Jolly to secure some KOs that I couldn't otherwise, and I would rather have stronger priority > faster wallbreaker. Mamoswine helps clean up the game after a few holes have been punched in the team, and also helps lure some Swampert and Gyarados that think they have a free ticket to set up. You could also go for Knock Off as another option for utility and a way to hit Bronzong, but I feel this team has a solid way to pressure Bronzong and already has Knock Off support. Earthquake and Icicle Crash are reliable STAB moves that can single-handedly punch throught teams. The set is fairly standard, and with it Mamoswine has very few switch-ins. Mamoswine also provides a Volt Switch immunity, just be careful of the opponent predicting that, usually Escavalier is the right play.

Mega Sharpedo can eat this team alive, especially against Hyper Offense where the team gets worn down really quickly with suicide lead hazards and dealing with other threats.

Conkeldurr is also super annoying, especially with Drain Punch / Knock Off / Mach Punch / Ice Punch Life Orb being its most annoying set for the team. It can wear down Diancie and easily deal with both Crobat and Slowking if it predicts correctly. It can also revenge Mamoswine and Hydreigon with Mach Punch.

Mega Swampert and Rain Teams give this team nightmares, because the best water checks I have are not Defensive, so RainPert can really run through this team if played incorrectly. Hydreigon can revenge Adamant Mega Pert with enough chip damage, but is still extremely annoying.

Unless you are running Swords Dance Escavalier, its a 50/50 with Slowking and if CurseLax sets up too much, just click X

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-419170542 vs. Threw

more replays coming probably! :]

s/o to lobby, although none of them would want to be tagged here so ill leave it at that

Malevolent Spirit is really cool thx for playin' with me and hanging out also check out his channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPUH8pBCAqHP2kMGZQlq94g

Threw cute user and doesn't get too salty when i hax him out of his mind ;)

HigherPlaces always around to hang out and ladder with me one of my best friends on this site

nv cute user and talented om creator

morogrim hah he thought he was cool but rlly just a nerd

Cancer On FLEEK for advice and being a nerd

idrk who else to s/o but if you want one hmu

IMPORTABLE: http://pastebin.com/ck2Dwm5W
And that's it! Thanks for taking the time to look at my RMT and skip all the descriptions! ;)
/me flee​

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey there PinkDragonTamer thanks for the shoutout man and I am loving the initial look of this team as you seemingly have all the "roles" fulfilled for a team. That being said, I have some suggestions that can help you fix up your team to take on the current threatlist while bolstering the idea of applying offensive pressure like any offensive team, bulky or otherwise, should be doing.
  • First off, I notice that, while Mega Swampert and Mega Sharpedo are on your threatlist, most Water-types in general can prove troublesome. Furthermore, the team lacks speed outside of Crobat and Hydreigon, leaving this team vulnerable to more offensive tactics that are prominent in the current metagame. Whimsicott > Diancie can help give you a check to set up sweepers, a faster Fairy-type, and an answer to most Water-types. Yache Berry also helps Whimsicott to tank a super effective Ice-type move from the likes of Mamoswine, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Swampert and nail them with a STAB Grass-type move, getting rid of them with ease.

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Encore
- U-turn
  • Now with the team losing Stealth Rock support, Cobalion > Escavalier is a somewhat necessary change. Cobalion not only gives the team Stealth Rock, but is welcomed thanks to it being quite fast while serving as a nice secondary check to things like Mega Sharpedo and giving the team a reliable answer against Curselax. Losing a switch-in for Sylveon stinks, but the team can apply enough offensive pressure now to force it out or revenge kill it with ease. Cobalion also particularly helps take on Krookodile and Mamoswine, thanks to Shuca Berry, which can give this team some issues with their STABs alone.

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
  • With the above changes, CM Slowking > current set gives you a more reliable Fire-type check now that Diancie is gone. Furthermore, Nasty Plot + Trick Room is hard to set up in the current metagame and Slowking is better off taking advantage of its resists and being able to hurt other common CM users such as Suicune with its STAB Psyshock. A neat option for Slowking is Colbur Berry > Leftovers as it gives Slowking the ability to take on Conkeldurr a bit better while also luring Krookodile; however, a lack of Leftovers means Slowking loses its passive recovery to continue taking on powerful attackers that it checks such as Infernape and Entei.

Slowking @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

While these changes help with the current threats, they also make the team more weak to Celebi and Sylveon. However, the team can now apply the pressure that is needed to force them out and neuter them as threats. Anyways, thanks for the s/o again and I hope I helped. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)