Possibly the first RU RMT?

Well, this team's been through testing, and it's got to the point where I feel it's ready to be looked at by the community.

So far, this team has been rather sucessful, and counters/checks many of the top RU threats, such as Durant, Cress, Yanmega and Venomoth. If anything, it's anti-meta.

Without further ado: The team at a glance:

At a glance, the team seems well-balanced. There are elements of offense in Typholosion and Rhyperior, yet elements of stall in Alomomola and Jumpluff. The team is balanced, and the playstyle can change to suit the situation.

The General Strategy
The general strategy is one of patience, and punishing the opponent. I can respond to many different situations, and eventually, the shutdown of the opposing team that I cause generally leads to a mistake being made, one that can be exploited, either by Jumpluff setting up, or by Rhyperior or Tyholosion ripping a gaping hole in the other team.

Individual Members:

Skuntank @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Aftermath
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Sp.Def

- Taunt
- Substiute
- Sucker Punch
- Persuit

Role on the Team:
Skuntank is here as a Priority user mainly, but also functions as a trapper. Alakazam? Skuntank walks all over you. Cress? Another Feilday, especially as most are mono-attackers.

Only having one weakness, as well as decent bulk is a godsend to Skuntank, and, after all, he was the most used pokemon of 4th Gen NU for a reason.

Taunt stops my foe from setting up, and forces them to attack. If I'm not sure what they'll do, I can throw up a Sub. A switch gives me a free Sucker Punch. If they status, fine by me, and if they attack, I've only lost the Sub.

Despite this, there is one change I am contemplateing, the possibility of having a Dark Gem instead of Leftovers. This way, Skuntank can deliver a stronger blow once per game, which, when it comes to Priority, and shutting down something like Yanmega, could be all the difference I need.

Why not Honchkrow?
Honchkrow can run the same set, yes, but Honchkrow is SR weak, dosen't absorb T-Spikes on impact [A massive factor for 3 members of my team], and is a ton more frail, making it difficult to switch in on anything. And if something's using Earthquake, I'd much rather use Jumpluff.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Solid Rock
252 Atk/ 252 Spd / 4 Sp.Def

- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Role on the Team

Rhyperior likes to smash things. If he's given the chance, he will happily take it. There is one thing in particular, however, that he loves to take apart, and they is Moltres. Moltres cannot OHKO Rhyperior unless it's running HP Water/Grass, and, let's face it, Moltres will never do that, as they generally run their STABS, and then 2 other moves, such as Roost, Sub, Toxic, or even Agility for sweepers.

Rhyperior punches massive holes in the other team, and will sweep if given the chance.

Rhyperior dosen't need his Rock Polish to wreck walls either, as 196 Speed is just above most RU walls.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
Levitate
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd

- Magic Coat
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Role on the Team
I'm not gonna lie... Claydol dosen't do an awful lot. He occasionally sets up SR, or removes/prevents it... but generally, I find myself not careing, due to Wish keeping Typholosion running.

Magic Coat is fun though, and if some random wall tries to Toxic Claydol, they'll find themselves with a nasty surprise. Too bad Venomoth will never try and sleep a Claydol...

If any member of this team needs a major change, it's Claydol. Duel Screens might be worth a look, but as might a totally different pokemon.

Typholosion @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Blaze
252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Def

- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Role on the Team

Firstly, allow me to say I have no clue how this thing didn't get into UU with Sun-Boosted Choice Scarf Eruptions everywhere. I used it there and it tore everything apart, 2HKO'ing even Slowbros.

Anyway, Typholosion's role here isn't too different from Rhyperior's, however, it's also a revenge killer for the insects that plauge RU.

+1 Venomoth and Yanmega are both outsped because of the Timid Nature, and are both OHKO'ed by Eruption or Flamethrower. Durant is also outsped due to the Choice Scarf.

Eruption makes a severe dent in anything that dosen't resist it, and thanks to Alomomola being able to heal a massive amount of Typholosions HP, it's not much of a problem to spam it until the Miltanks come home.

To be honest, Focus Blast and HP Grass are filler. However, they have their uses when it's blatently obvious that something like Sharpedo or Quagsire is coming in.

Jumpluff @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
Chlorophill
252 Def / 252 Spd / 4 Sp.Def

- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Sleep Powder

Role on the Team

This thing... is my MPV, despite having a grand total of 0 offensive attacks. It can punish anything and everything, and the only thing that stops it is other Grass-types, of which there are not many in RU. It can stall literally anything else in the teir, utilising Encore and Subseeding.

Set up on Jumpluff? Enjoy Encore
Attack? Enjoy being subseeded
Something that threatens the team as a whole? Enjoy Sleep Powder.

Jumpluff outspeeds the entire teir. Except Ninjask and Electrode, both of which are non-issues for this team.

Jumpluff always causes havok in the other team, and is usually the last mon standing, because it just trolls all day long. It's amazing how few people run Taunt... and if I suspect a Taunter, I put them to sleep before they can Taunt me anyway.

Alomomola @ Leftovers [Henceforth called Not Luvdisc because I HATE Alomomola... annoying to spell]
Bold Nature
Hydration
252 Def / 252 Sp.Def / 4 HP

- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Role on the Team

Hey, look, it's Vaporeon's moveset!

That, frankly, should tell you everything. However, Not Luvdisc's defenses are similar to Vaporeon's. But in 2 teirs lower. This makes it rediculously difficult to break.

You know I said there was no pink blob in RU?

I lied. This is a pink walling monster. Even if its more like Vaporeon [Bulky Water with Wish] or Ferrothorn [Being nigh unbreakable on both sides]

Not Luvdisc ToxicStalls and keeps the team healthy, especially useful for Typholosion.

Major Threats:

Sharpedo
is the single biggest threat to my team by far, and the only one that has me scared. One free turn is all it needs to sweep. It can't come in on Jumpluff or Not Luvdisc, but if it comes in on anything else, there's gonna be some severe damage caused by the Shark. It may not outright sweep, but it always causes trouble, and rips a hole in my team. Something I would rather not happen.

Most other RU threats are handled by certain members of my team.

However, Moltres in particular can be a major pain if Rhyperior is gone.

Just Watch out for Priority Taunt from Murkrow or Sableye against your Jumpluff. Overall it's a good team, but if you are trying to make the opponent frustrated and slip up, I'd recommond running really frustrating sets to deal with like parafusion, paraflinch, and Attract+TWave.
Also a Poke that you could use to replace Claydol could be Drifblim with a set like Stockplie, Baton Pass, Ominous Wind, and HP [Fighting]

OK, a change I've been considering:

Remove Claydol and replace with something else - Possibly with Spikes, or Toxic Spikes, or is able to deal with Sharpedo.

Change Rhyperior's moveset to an EV spread I have used in UU with sucess. A bulky Rhyperior, with Stealth Rock and 3 Attacks. It worked surprisingly well. [Victini never knew what hit it]

So, this is the change that I am going to be testing out:

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Solid Rock
252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def [EV spread may change to be more Special Defensive due to RU threats]

- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Basically, a Tanking Rhyperior, who can be kept healthy by Not Luvdisc/Jumpluff's Seeds.

Possible Replacement for Claydol:

Manetric @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
Lightling Rod
252 Sp.Attk / 252 Speed / 4 Def

- Switcheroo
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Running this Manetric gives me a second scarfed pokemon, so may lead Typhlosion to change in the long run. However, this set gives me a check to Sharpedo, another check to Yanmega, and, most importantly, a check to Moltres beyond Rhyperior. TrickScarf also allows Manetric to cripple something like Cress, and then mess with Evolite users as well.

Lightling Rod also allows Manetric to fill in the Electric Immunity Claydol had, and get a free +1 Sp.Attack from it while doing so.

I would still run honchcrow instead of stuntank since you have a spinner. Plus with moxie you hit things hard with a brave bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)