SV Ubers Post dlc 2 team, need help with this dish.

(So I am pretty new at teambuilding and such, of you can help make this better feel free to change anything) (i dunno how to use the postbuilding feature either so pls help)

Zacian-Crowned @ rusted sword
Ability: intrepid sword
Tera type: flying
Evs: 252 atk / 252 spe/ 4 def
jolly nature
-behemoth blade
-wild charge
-play rough
-swords dance

Zacian crowned is the fastest relevant pokemon in the tier if i recall correctly and can be a wincon if the choice scarf pokemon had been removed, this is also a nice check to any miraidons and koraidons if they had used their tera. wild charge nails toxapex while blade is a main stab. play rough nail dragons since i do not need to run close combat as i have multiple ways to stop e killer(I actually do not know will it work, but i have tried and its good enough). tera flying is to deal with groudon and earthquake from arceus formes. the ev spread is very simple and does not need explaination

Arceus-ground @ earth late
Ability: multitype
Tera type: fairy/water
EVs 244hp / 244def / 4spa / 16 spe
bold nature
-judgment
-ice beam
-recover
-calm mind

groundceus is here as a somewhat reliable check to koraidon and miraidon with its defense investment and typing. it can also be a bulky booster with calm mind to clean up. judgment is the main stab, with recover allowing it to stay alive longer and ice beam to hit things like lando-t and giratina-o. i have tried both tera water and fairy, while tera fairy lets it check koraidon and sometimes miraidon more easily, it will fold to other things it checked before like zacian-c and Necrozma-Dusk mane.
i played around with tera water, but that dies to the pokemon it was used to check: miraidon.

Koraidon @ choice scarf
Ability: orichalcum pulse
Tera type: fire
EVs 252 atk / 4 def / 252 spe
jolly nature
-low kick
-dragon claw
-flare blitz
-U turn

The premier choice scarfer koraidon gives my team a bit more speed control and acts as a great revenge killer and can deal with many non scarf pokemon and dragon dancers like rayquaza and sometimes necrozma dm. low kick is main stab in a heavy metagame, dragon claw hits dragons, u turn pivots out and flare blitz shreds zacian into bits. this is probably the pokemon i lead the most often.

Giratina-origin @ griseous core
Ability: levitate
tera type: steel
Evs:248hp / 88atk / 156 def / 16 spe
adamant nature
-poltergeist
-shadow sneak
-defog
-dragon tail

for this one, i really do not know how to manage evs for giratina. i needed a offensive defogger that also provided phazing and a reliable way to kill flutter mane. i can also use this to deal with the goddamn ribombee teams with poltergeist and shadow sneak combo. shadow sneak gives me priority in situations too. steel is the best defensive type ever, and levitate removes ground weakness.

Miraidon @ life orb
Ability: hadron engine
tera type: fairy
EVs 252 spa / 4 spdef / 252 spe
Timid nature
-electro drift
-draco meteor
-taunt
-calm mind

with all these physical breakers, i needed a special breaker too: miraidon. with life orb and draco meteor/ electro drift miraidon can easily break most neutral targets with taunt stopping recovery and setup. calm mind can be used when i get a chance and can sweep more easily as skeledirge is specially frailer. fairy can stop scale shot from koraidon just in case and life orb gives a power boost.

the last slot i have no idea what to pick, i have tried specs kyogre and ndm but do not know how to use them. but here is the ndm set.
Necrozma- Dusk mane @ leftovers
Ability: prism armor
tera type: ground
EVs 216hp/ 56atk/ 236 spe
jolly nature
-sunsteel strike
-earthquake
-morning sun
-dragon dance

the hp guarantees survival of a single flare blitz from koraidon under sun while the speed outpaces iron bundles after a boost with the rest in attack.
tera ground makes ndm immune to electro drift and boosts earthquake. sunsteel strike is stab that bypasses abilities. morning sun allows it to accumulate multiple boosts. dragon dance is setup. i dunno what set to use...

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
I don't have too many changes to make on your team, because it is structurally sound. I assume you're trying to create a balance structure, so I would recommend adding some entry hazards to your team. You don't have a defensive check to Koraidon or Miraidon, so perhaps adding something in conjunction with Bulky CM Groundceus like Gliscor or Clodsire may help you out. How does your team generally fare against HO teams? A sound balance team should be able to deal with HO.

My main suggestion would be swapping CM Groundceus for something like Arceus-Fairy with SR & swapping Giratina-O for Ho-Oh, since you're realistically never getting a Defog off with all the fast Taunters in the tier.

Updated Team: https://pokepast.es/88f5207bf388a950

Let me know how this does!

I completely forgot about fast taunts everywhere, I am also surprised gliscor is actually viable in this place as well. Tbh I also forgot that the bird is even here… when facing sticky web Ho, giratina gives me a high chance to deny webs with poltergeist plus shadow sneak and even if webs are up, defog usually can be used. Dragon tail helps me phaze the ekillers if they attempt to taunt or setup on giratina. This works most of the time against deoxys Ho as well. Since if they taunt first shadow sneak with poltergeist generally kills 90% of the time, and even if they get up rocks defog is still there. Before I added giratina, that buzzing bastard (ribombee) was the bane of my existence. Giratina is pretty much the only thing that keeps this team from being shredded by webs Ho, and I gave it offensive investment so it would not be passive against taunt users.

Last edited:
I don't have too many changes to make on your team, because it is structurally sound. I assume you're trying to create a balance structure, so I would recommend adding some entry hazards to your team. You don't have a defensive check to Koraidon or Miraidon, so perhaps adding something in conjunction with Bulky CM Groundceus like Gliscor or Clodsire may help you out. How does your team generally fare against HO teams? A sound balance team should be able to deal with HO.

My main suggestion would be swapping CM Groundceus for something like Arceus-Fairy with SR & swapping Giratina-O for Ho-Oh, since you're realistically never getting a Defog off with all the fast Taunters in the tier.

Though,

also, I have some problems with webs and hazards with this team as miraidon cannot be around at every single corner to taunt the hazards away, and stall is a problem for me as well with all the hazards. Also magic bouncers disables stealth rock. The only problem are hazards but the other additions are nice. No bulk ndm is kinda weird ngl

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Though,

also, I have some problems with webs and hazards with this team as miraidon cannot be around at every single corner to taunt the hazards away, and stall is a problem for me as well with all the hazards. Also magic bouncers disables stealth rock. The only problem are hazards but the other additions are nice. No bulk ndm is kinda weird ngl
I think CM Taunt Miraidon should enable you to beat most stalls, but I also tested the team on ladder and found the same issues you were having. My suggestion would be to try this composition instead: https://pokepast.es/a58d064deefeb520

CM Taunt Mirai + SD Photon Geyser NDM should be enough to break most stalls. To be honest, Stall will always be a challenging matchup for this kind of build because Balance teams only have 2-3 breakers. As for Sticky Web, now TR NDM completely flips the matchup. Max Bulk so you can live hits & 1 Speed IV to beat opposing NDM that try to get cute by running no Speed IVs. Let me know how this version does!

Edit: On Ho-Oh, you can stick to the offensive pivot set with Tera Ground + EQ over Recover or Whirlwind to improve your Miraidon matchup.

Last edited:
I think CM Taunt Miraidon should enable you to beat most stalls, but I also tested the team on ladder and found the same issues you were having. My suggestion would be to try this composition instead: https://pokepast.es/a58d064deefeb520

CM Taunt Mirai + SD Photon Geyser NDM should be enough to break most stalls. To be honest, Stall will always be a challenging matchup for this kind of build because Balance teams only have 2-3 breakers. As for Sticky Web, now TR NDM completely flips the matchup. Max Bulk so you can live hits & 1 Speed IV to beat opposing NDM that try to get cute by running no Speed IVs. Let me know how this version does!

Edit: On Ho-Oh, you can stick to the offensive pivot set with Tera Ground + EQ over Recover or Whirlwind to improve your Miraidon matchup.
thanks, i was deterred from setup since i matched up against ditto sometimes when playing against stall, but with trick room i should outspeed. parabolic charge helped miraidon stay around longer to taunt away the hazards. tho losing boots on ho oh still hurts when it happens. also here is a random replay of the team; https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2014828106

Last edited:
so right now the biggest problem right now is that if i want to win with webs up, ndm has to sweep through a large portion of his team and his sweepers so that scarf koraidon can clean up, but in many cases agility miraidon activates electric seed and cleans up with the speed as sticky webs just messes me up after ndm is gone, and ho oh gets smoked by electric moves too. ho oh is very important for this team as it provides me a check to many physical threats in the tier, so taking away the bulk would really hurt the matchup against ekiller and such. but other than the fact that hazards like webs are cancer, this team performs very well with the adjustments.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
so right now the biggest problem right now is that if i want to win with webs up, ndm has to sweep through a large portion of his team and his sweepers so that scarf koraidon can clean up, but in many cases agility miraidon activates electric seed and cleans up with the speed as sticky webs just messes me up after ndm is gone, and ho oh gets smoked by electric moves too. ho oh is very important for this team as it provides me a check to many physical threats in the tier, so taking away the bulk would really hurt the matchup against ekiller and such. but other than the fact that hazards like webs are cancer, this team performs very well with the adjustments.
I built another balance team based on the changes I made previously, but it fixes almost all the issues you’re encountering. The big thing I noticed about Balance is it can’t afford to run all three of Koraidon, Miraidon, and Zacian-C. Here’s a team I think that will serve you better overall: https://pokepast.es/b52371ff67564710

I built another balance team based on the changes I made previously, but it fixes almost all the issues you’re encountering. The big thing I noticed about Balance is it can’t afford to run all three of Koraidon, Miraidon, and Zacian-C. Here’s a team I think that will serve you better overall: https://pokepast.es/b52371ff67564710
max speed gliscor? flame charge AND scale shot? can i have more details about the team?

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
max speed gliscor? flame charge AND scale shot? can i have more details about the team?
Max Speed Gliscor is helpful for landing a fast Toxic on things like EKiller and Kyu-B. Flame Charge + Scale Shot Koraidon guarantees it will be able to get a speed boost, although you could stick to the standard Scale Shot + Flare Blitz set. The rest of the team is fairly standard, as Gliscor + Ho-Oh provide(s) a solid backbone, while EKiller & Scale Shot Koraidon are the cleaners / sweepers. The EVs on Ho-Oh guarantee that Brave Bird OHKOs non-Tera Scale Shot Koraidon from full. I made another variation with Misty Terrain EKiller, which prevents status and reduces the power of Gira-O's Draco Meteor. Let me know how this team does (I was able to reach Top 10 with it on ladder).

https://pokepast.es/870e1680f5ff9ef0

Without the defense investments, gliscor got smoked by koraidon in the sun or got 2hkoed by ekiller at +2, nobody is using kyurem black and if they did they are generally using max speed as well, plus kyurem b is ice type so it’s ice moves will easily end gliscor. I have never seen Draco meteor giratina during my time on the ladder (I am around the 1500s) if I recall correctly, I think terrains only takes effect if the user of the dragon move is grounded (correct me if I am wrong.) . I stuck to the max defense gliscor because it just worked better and after the changes, the team can surprise people with the double trick room Pokémon and works quite well. Ah yes, I forgot to mention that gliscor becomes setup fodder for other wp trickroom ndms

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Without the defense investments, gliscor got smoked by koraidon in the sun or got 2hkoed by ekiller at +2, nobody is using kyurem black and if they did they are generally using max speed as well, plus kyurem b is ice type so it’s ice moves will easily end gliscor. I have never seen Draco meteor giratina during my time on the ladder (I am around the 1500s) if I recall correctly, I think terrains only takes effect if the user of the dragon move is grounded (correct me if I am wrong.) . I stuck to the max defense gliscor because it just worked better and after the changes, the team can surprise people with the double trick room Pokémon and works quite well. Ah yes, I forgot to mention that gliscor becomes setup fodder for other wp trickroom ndms
The reason for Misty Terrain is more so to prevent status (Wisp burn) to NDM and Caly-I, without having to blow Tera. As you get higher on ladder, you may start to see the merit of Max Speed Gliscor, but use what works best for you. Players in the 1700+ range are using teams and techs that counter common spreads (for example, Fardin used Will-O-Wisp Arceus-Normal to surprise burn things).

Also, Gliscor is usually not trying to tank 2 hits, even if it has bulk investment. Its goal is mainly to spread Toxic & set up Spikes.

Last edited:
Max Speed Gliscor is helpful for landing a fast Toxic on things like EKiller and Kyu-B. Flame Charge + Scale Shot Koraidon guarantees it will be able to get a speed boost, although you could stick to the standard Scale Shot + Flare Blitz set. The rest of the team is fairly standard, as Gliscor + Ho-Oh provide(s) a solid backbone, while EKiller & Scale Shot Koraidon are the cleaners / sweepers. The EVs on Ho-Oh guarantee that Brave Bird OHKOs non-Tera Scale Shot Koraidon from full. I made another variation with Misty Terrain EKiller, which prevents status and reduces the power of Gira-O's Draco Meteor. Let me know how this team does (I was able to reach Top 10 with it on ladder).

https://pokepast.es/870e1680f5ff9ef0
But I still find the team to be very reliable even though I have no zacian and miraidon, though screens is a bit of a problem without taunt and miraidon threatens Ho oh so I cannot safely whirlwind it away behind screens.

The reason for Misty Terrain is more so to prevent status (Wisp burn) to NDM and Caly-I, without having to blow Tera. As you get higher on ladder, you may start to see the merit of Max Speed Gliscor, but use what works best for you. Players in the 1700+ range are using teams and techs that counter common spreads (for example, Fardin used Will-O-Wisp Arceus-Normal to surprise burn things).

Also, Gliscor is usually not trying to tank 2 hits, even if it has bulk investment. Its goal is mainly to spread Toxic & set up Spikes.
I totally forgot about wisp arc normal that I met on ladder too, it was kinda troll.

Also, here is a random replay of me using the team (with a small adjustment) https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2016949856-czm8srv6ixl9t9mvpdg6s4dimip7tcxpw

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Nicely played. One minor change I'd make is if you ever decide to use Max Speed Gliscor, I implore you to run Knock Off over Earthquake, as it synergizes better with the team. If you make this change, be sure to run Recover over Earthquake on Ho-Oh. Good luck!
This team so far is great, but due to the extremely negative matchup against dual screens Ho with miraidon, I was only able to dangle in the 1500s. Ho oh is threatened by miraidon while gliscor would easily die to a dragon pulse. It is really hard to stop miraidon from setting up and blasting through a huge portion of my team since Ho oh dies to drift and the trick room setters would not be able to tank a boosted electro drift. Oh and btw I was able to beat a former number one player with this team as shown here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2019168701-ws91ntm0xlyqvzirmt27e1q2z3b3o0mpw
Once again, cm miraidon with screens support effortlessly beats this team.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
This team so far is great, but due to the extremely negative matchup against dual screens Ho with miraidon, I was only able to dangle in the 1500s. Ho oh is threatened by miraidon while gliscor would easily die to a dragon pulse. It is really hard to stop miraidon from setting up and blasting through a huge portion of my team since Ho oh dies to drift and the trick room setters would not be able to tank a boosted electro drift. Oh and btw I was able to beat a former number one player with this team as shown here: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2019168701-ws91ntm0xlyqvzirmt27e1q2z3b3o0mpw
Once again, cm miraidon with screens support effortlessly beats this team.
Yea I think CM Miraidon is a very difficult match up, but it's extremely hard to cover every threat in the meta. That's just the game we play. Keep working on switching teams up & seeing what works best for you :)

Yea I think CM Miraidon is a very difficult match up, but it's extremely hard to cover every threat in the meta. That's just the game we play. Keep working on switching teams up & seeing what works best for you :)
It is truly hard to do so, but being weak to a Pokémon with 50 usage is quite a big problem…

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
It is truly hard to do so, but being weak to a Pokémon with 50 usage is quite a big problem…
To be fair, every team without a Ting-Lu or Clodsire will be naturally weak to Miraidon. You could try running a SpDef Gliscor set with EQ over Knock Off to help mitigate that poor matchup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)