Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 212 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fling
- Mud Shot
- Sludge Bomb

I really liked Rocks + Para Suicide leads on HO because they let you set up screens with Natu very easily. Unfortunately, the only 3 pokemon that could do that were Ferroseed, Pawniard, and Amaura, and I had already exhausted their surprise factor before. I wanted something new, something surprising, and after some shitposting, we came up with Fling Drilbur. Fling Light Ball is a guaranteed paralysis and Drilbur can keep rocks up reliably vs. Vullaby with Sludge Bomb. This set doesn't work against natural cure Staryu and only has a 50% chance to work against 17 speed Mienfoo. That's why I saved it for Shrug, who uses neither of those two pokemon.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8lc-535947 - The set works perfectly here

:xy/diglett:
Diglett @ Expert Belt
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Rock Tomb
- Final Gambit

This set is complete genius if I do say so myself and it was suggested halfheartedly by So Noisy before we realized, "wait, this is actually good."
Expert Belt Earth Power has just enough strength to OHKO Pawniard and Onix, something most Diglett sets cannot do. So when Diglett traps, for example, Onix, your opponent's immediate reaction is that it must be Specs because nothing else reaches that damage output without recoil. Then you lure the next switchin, usually Grookey trying to SD, with Sludge Bomb. Rock Tomb is a filler that stops Scraggy.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8lc-534706 - The set ohkoes Onix, and then Jox loses Grookey the next turn because he thinks it's Specs Diglett.

:ss/sandshrew-alola:
Sandshrew-Alola @ Wide Lens
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Triple Axel has an accuracy of 90% on each hit, which leads to an overall accuracy of 72%. However, Wide Lens increases each hit's accuracy by 10%, i.e., each hit has an accuracy of 99% and its overall accuracy becomes 99% as well, a huge increase. STAB Triple Axel (120 BP and Multihit) is huge, especially when you outspeed everything with Slush Rush

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8lc-530660 Triple Axel cleans up the side

:xy/ferroseed:
Ferroseed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 196 Atk / 28 Def / 68 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Explosion

This set is old; I used it in Snake too, so the surprise factor is pretty much gone by now. But it's the progenitor of Fling Drilbur: a guaranteed lead that gets up rocks and can paralyze something.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8lc-530022 - Ferroseed lures Mienfoo
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8lc-525240 - Bonus replay from Snake, Sash Ferroseed lures Vulpix

Teams:

1610353505754.png

https://pokepast.es/b00b3afe55de5150

Standard Screens that will win many games, the suicide lead here is Ferroseed but it can be Drilbur, Pawniard, Amaura, anything really. Taunt Grookey is nice because it allows you to taunt Koffing/Foongus while dying so that Woobat/Tyrunt can set up easily.

1610353531789.png

https://pokepast.es/a8fb8378521175b9

After my screens team, this is my favorite team: get yourself in position to attack with Sandshrew as many times as possible; almost nothing can handle its power and coverage.

my teams this season
1610353912948.png

USE MIENFOO
I don't know why people have such an aversion to the 2nd best pokemon in the tier. Every game you know exactly what it's going to do but it does it anyway: the amount of momentum it generates is crazy. Mienfoo was a large part of India's success; we just spammed it every game. If I had to guess, our Mienfoo usage was around 80-90%.

Teams I used in lcwcop:

lcwcop.PNG

W1 vs Shrug (SS)- I started with a standard team, checking shrug's usages, staryu and mud were good (especially 3 attacks analytic staryu). This game ended with a psychic min roll on foong (fast foong) (risking vulla was a choke)
W2 vs Scirocco (SS)- I wanted to bring webs cuz it was good at that period and this is the standard team dcae used in snake winning for 4 weeks built by tazz. Vulla moment. :puff:
W3 vs King Leo (SS)- I wanted to bring again webs cuz imo my oppo will not be prepared for it cuz I brought it the previous week. I just changed woobat and scraggy with foo and tyrunt. Foo worked really well, sadly grook won the tie and the sweep ended. Vulla moment. :pikuh:
W4 vs dcae (SS)- I waited too much to play this game and planned since w1. I really wanted to fake me bringing again webs that is why I used webs in w2 and w3, expecting something against webs and that worked. This team was really fun to play and I love it. As expecting dcae brought natu screens and I had good mu with both orb cotto and sash abra.
W5 vs Tnunes (BW)- I wanted to take our first win in bw after losing all weeks, I tried to prepare against tnunes'usages, fran passed me this strong team, acro floon was going to win but broken sand veil dig stopped it and my win.
W6 vs Luthier (SS)- Against the strongest lc player I have ever seen, I wanted to use something special and different checking also his usages, so I did sub sd Steadfast farfe with different evs and moves on dig and with atk mareanie. I wasnt expecting him bringing again trapinch but He did it and it wasnt a good mu for me cuz pory + trapinch was a big threat. Anyway I think I did one turn wrong, I revisioned this replay multiple times to see how could I win this mu and I found a wrong turn on t6 (it was better staying on pory and doing rtomb and after epower so dig was in range of grassy), anyway wp.
W7 vs Kushalos (ORAS)- Last week we were already out so I tried to give more opportunities to players that didnt play a lot, corck didnt want to play oras, so I put myself in. I'm really happy about the team I made and how I played this game against a really strong guy. I checked his usages and found that pory + gothita was really good against him.

Different sets/cores/teams:

sub sd farfe + atk mare
sub sd farfe is really good, it seems like an acro foo with more spdef and steafast ability that helps against pawn flinches. The really weird but cool set is 100 atk mare koff + gunk shot. Gunk shot with 100 on staryu/foong koffed is 2ohko and it is better against bjuice scrag, timb, dewp, pory, and wa vulla. Dig set is also a bit different. Tect is good for scouting scarf mons and hjk, also stalling sun turns, rtomb was made for woobat (cuz it was evio and not baloon so couldnt avoid webs). That move is p good against scarfers or sweepers like scraggy, epower better vs onix and 116 hp is better for giving more bulk (ibeam pory scarf boosted isnt a 100% ohko) and more damage with fgambit.

shed shell abra + trapinch (dig sucks)
This was an outdated strat made like 3 months ago. If your oppo uses trappers you avoid it and also trap them. Imagine the satisfaction of avoiding trap and trapping dig with trapinch at the same turn and killing it :pimp:

Scarf dig 196hp + 19 speed
:xy/diglett:

Diglett @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 196 HP / 156 Atk / 156 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Earth Power
- Memento
- Final Gambit

Really cool set 196hp scarf + fgambit was made for ddance scraggy, ddance tyrunt, webs woobat/vulla, scarf magne, staryu. Cscarf really good against sweepers and 196hp gives a lot of damage with fgambit (you chip a bit scraggy and you kill it at 91%hp).

Replays - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

orb riolu + orb cotto + weird dig set fun team
orb cotto is really cool 2ohko on pawn ohko on vulla, giga is like 2ohko on mare koffed, twave sash abra is cool against sweepers like tyrunt or woobat, sash 196 hp dig is weird but nice, fgambit is ohko on analytic staryu and after sr both woobat and vulla are in range.

epack mare + wynaut
:xy/mareanie: :xy/wynaut:

Mareanie @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 HP / 20 Def / 92 SpA / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover
- Covet

Wynaut @ Berry Juice
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 76 HP / 52 Def / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

One of my last invection cores, I really like it but you need to play well against fights. Ebutton is really good for putting wynaut easily in on fights moves like dpunch timb or hjk scarf foo, against porygon, koffing, staryu, foongus, mareanie, trapping all of them easily. Covet is really good after losing the item you stole easily evio and it will be bulky again.

orb vulpix

:xy/vulpix:

Vulpix @ Life Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 52 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Extrasensory
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Weather Ball

Orb vulpix is cool with webs (eball is 2ohko on staryu, extrasensory is good against mareanie, koffing if no sun). The lack of ponyta, wingull, archen makes it better, I built this set for tricking and It worked p well. Also grassy terrain + eball orb vulpix is really strong as core.
[Gen 8] LC replay: zeriloa vs. Damme fritto Mixto - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com)

Oras team bulky agil pory
This is the team I made for Kushalos. Agil pory set cool here, I dont really need hp fight cuz I chip pawn with ajet touga. It doesnt touch ferro but hp fire foong should be ok against it and also timb abuses about paras.

Rain team fun replay:
This team is 6-0ed by grookey dont use it :blobpensive:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)