Tournament Post-PMPL Discussion Thread

woo

The Neymar of Pet Mods
is a Pre-Contributor
manicuno

I only played M4A, (trust me bro i did not horribly lose in an alt game) it was mid, but it was a funny experience, and i built some enjoyable teams (some shit ones too!)
:ss/silvally-dark: :tapu-koko: :hawlucha: :tornadus-therian: :serperior: :kommo-o:
DARKVALLY HYPER OFFENSE (Paste) (Replay (week 5 WIN))
Probably the funniest out of them all. Wanted to load some HO into the CCC matchup and i built this on like week 2 while watching a movie LMAO. I wanted to use darkvally because it shreds through some more defensive teams and i wasn't really scared of any other matchup. Stone Edge into Zapdos while using Hawlucha was also fire. Kommo-o was picked by earl because he said salac drum was busted and i need to trust my manager don't i? Torn-t and Serperior were some other nicher picks but they do survive and nuke (especially with torn having flyinium z, that mon is amazingly strong). Otherwise not much to say it's screens HO right lol.

:swsh/meowstic-f: :weavile: :buzzwole: :heatran: :slowking: :landorus-therian:
MEOWSTIC-F BALANCE (Paste) (Replay (week 1 WIN))
First team i built for the tour, just generally wanted to use the good stuff and actually build like a person for once LMAO. Again this one is pretty straight-forward: Broken Special Breaker, Broken Physical Breaker, Physically Defensive Wall + Weavile Check, Fire Answer 1, Fire Answer 2, Landorus-Therian. It's a Balance team what'd you expect LMAO. earl said i should give Slowking TWave instead of Future Sight and that change CLUTCHED.

:ss/magmortar: :landorus-therian: :tapu-fini: :weavile: :ferrothorn: :heatran:
MAGMORTAR BALANCE (Paste) (Replay (week 2 LOSS))
This game.... Ugh. I am genuinely not even mad at the hax, just the Rain matchup being there made me angry as fuck. Holy shit lmfao. I prepared for the Mega Latias matchup since i thought it would be an IsoCon team, but you all know it didn't go well. This is a very basic build, thought process being almost identical to last one because the teams were very samey altogether. I also built Darkvally HO in the same week as that, how crazy! Amberr made some team improvements that made this team much much better and i will let them post it if they want to dump their own teams. (It still lost but it fared well against Sticky Fingaa's team.)

Bonus Teams (not unleashed throughout the journey):
This will be every team i built and didn't use throughout the PL, and no, i won't put the Alternatium team here in the chat because fuck no i don't even know what i wanted to do LOL. I guess rain but yeahhhhhh.

:ss/trevenant: :tapu-koko: :corviknight: :ferrothorn: :tapu-fini: :weavile:
TREVENANT BALANCE (Paste)
I think this is the most (and probably only) lucid team i built and did not use. This was made as the ultimate cteam for pupugugu, with Trevenant being an extremely amazing counterpick just for the fact it could kill Reuniclus, Rotom-Wash and Weavile just with a +1 Attack boost (or none!). Someone had told me pupu liked Washer and Reuni before the game happened, and Weavile is just Weavile lol. I added some pivots to get trevenant in easierly (while still keeping longevity on both, this is why Koko has Roost) with a Voltturn core, and then i added some covering for Physical attackers with some hazards to keep chip up while the game was happening (even though i had Defog as a panic option on Corviknight if i were to face hazard stack). Fini as a fire-type check and Weavile is Weavile am i right lol.

I don't know what these are i'm sorry:
:boltund: :weavile: :landorus-therian: :corviknight: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :tapu-fini:Paste - Ancient team from before PL. Idk how it has no banned mons but i guess it happened.
:sirfetchd: :deoxys-speed: :weavile: :serperior: :victini: :greninja: Paste - genuinely cannot explain LMFAO
:noivern: :tapu-fini: :weavile: :zapdos: :ferrothorn: :melmetal: Paste - this kinda flames tho?

WEAVILE COUNT: 6

Shoutouts:

earl and G-Luke: Thank you a lot for drafting me! It was very fun to play on your team and be one of the first Manicunos of PMPL's history. Thank you both for playing test games too, and earl specifically for typing some cool ideas and suggestions for my team. Would NOT be the same otherwise lmfao.
Scoopapa: You are a legend dude. Always making the chat better and always supporting everyone that needed help with teams, in any format. You also played very very well, and with that, i can 100% say the money spent on you on the auction was very worth. Amazing teammate.
Amberr: You played very very very well and it was fun having you on the team. Hope you find an opportunity to play a specific mod and not be playing multiple on another PL. Would be very cool to see ya stick around and play some more mods.
swag god: The message about sticking around in PMs also works for you. You were amazing in JolteMons, and were also a nice server presence on team chat, always building some flames stuff.
Nihilslave: The BH goat????? I did not know you before this PL started but i'm glad i teamed up with you. You played really well!
447323a: Hexcode. You also played well in HG. Good job!
TGtz8920: Look, i know you only played one game, but i'm glad you were at least there with the team in those moments.
Tol and guttrainer: I'm sorry you weren't able to play, but i'm happy that you were part of the team.

ONE MANICUNILLION WINS!!!!!

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Now that the tour is over out of epic Union sweeps, now I can say some stuff

This was a very wholesome experience as a whole, I saw a ton of metas being developed with this fun event, and several niche mons even got spotlight in general.
Even if CCCs didn't get to the first place, we all have to agree that 2nd place isn't that bad, especially when we got as far as tiebreakers, many would've wished to be where we were at, so let's not ignore our acomplishments either.
Anyways, some thanks to drop:
Paulluxx Thanks for introducing me to the concept of tours to participate in such a big group, overall giving a nice amount of support even when I didn't have the best takes out there
RedwoodRogue While rain tests became repetitive for FEUU, they were nonetheless useful to provide basic insight of potential teambuilding issues
ViZar The little help you provided in Alt is what helped me quickly grasp the tier and shred G-Luke , a VR on the thread really helped to quickly cover stuff, if I didn't make vanilla Slowking SpD (originally for Primal Kyogre, lmao), Deoxys-S would've 2HKO'd in that one part of the match and then sweep
scorbunnys EeveeGirl1380 We may not have interacted much, but I did like the mutual competitive development in the finals, I may have barely touched Jolte beforehand, but NDOU really provides nice insight for metas that just slap more stuff to it (in which I'm decent at).
Monai I tried my best to help you in the finals and the tiebreaker as best as I could even with little prior experience to Resrictions (notably predicting Polbearab from the opponent), while we didn't win first place and all, I totally appreciate that you cooperated as well and still managed to get us this far.
anique Even if you didn't really touch FELT before the tour as far I could tell, and your playstyle may not have been the best, you still were open minded and willing to grasp the meta while dealing with my overthinking EV optimizations, and overall had a good time overall.
Did I need to get tagged in this?

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Hi, didn't get to play a lot because we had someone a little more familiar with modern day M4A OU (pre-overhaul, of course) play for the CCCs throughout the season. I started playing in playoffs, so I only have a couple teams to offer, but I'll share them real quick. Really awkward to build for this tier because there's so much you can't really account for, but hopefully it's helpful anyway!

:ss/krookodile::ss/slowking-galar::ss/heatran::ss/zapdos::ss/tapu-bulu::ss/slowbro:

Mega Krookodile + CM Glowking Terrain Offense

Mega Krookodile is a monster on Spike-stack structures. being able to simultaneously set Spikes while setting up or blocking a Defog. It's pretty damn solid imo, between that, its great speed, and solid bulk with pre-Mega Intimidate to bat. The big thing I noticed was its synergy with CM Slowking-Galar, a Pokemon that's a horrifying win condition and one that forces many switches while still being able to make progress through status spreading. With Flame Body Heatran and Grassy Terrain, it's absurdly hard to stop without a powerful Dark-type, which is where Flame Body Heatran comes in, providing a great punishment option to Knock Off while being able to set Stealth Rock and deter popular M4A Defog user Corviknight. Tapu Bulu provides both terrain and a reliable Ash Greninja check, and has shockingly solid longevity with terrain + Leftovers + Horn Leech; also a great beneficiary of Spike-stacking. Waterium-Z Slowbro seems strange, but having a nuke against Hippowdon and offensive Gliscor is really nice, otherwise the latter just sits there and cleans house, plus it's nice for soaking Knock Off. And, ofc, Future Sight is nice for splitting the difference against Toxapex, which is nice given Slowking-Galar is sitting duck against it, and it leverages Tapu Bulu to set up Swords Dance a bit easier. Zapdos is another huge feature of the team, pivoting around things like SpDef Heatran and Slowking-Galar to enable Krookodile.

:ss/slowbro::ss/hippowdon::ss/zapdos::ss/ferrothorn::ss/bisharp::ss/hydreigon:

Broken Mega Bisharp + Pivot Hydreigon Spike-Stack Offense

This team was mostly a group effort between a few members of the CCC and I, but the basic idea was simply: exploit the massively, massively broken Mega Bisharp, which by itself was absolutely asinine but also, notably, ripped apart all of adem's most common structures. Basic Spike-stack + residual damage for the most part, with some Future Sight support and offensive pivoting action from both Zapdos and Hydreigon. Hydreigon was a fun idea as an offensive pivot both because Expert Belt hit some super nice ranges with Earth Power and Dark Pulse against SpDef Heatran and Slowking-Galar respectively, but also because it's a great lure for Fairy-types, which Mega Bisharp absolutely lays out with its Steel STAB or Ferrothorn uses as a free TWave/Spikes-setting opportunity. It is a great offensive check against Heatran too, which having is really nice when you want to just set up hazards without having to worry about folding momentum and losing important defensive Pokemon.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
when anaconja asked me to comanage with him i was definitely a bit apprehensive at first due to ompl going on and my lack of experience with pet mods (even among my bh contemporaries, who were a lot more into natdex bh than i was). the experience turned out to exceed my wildest expectations. i had a really good time and am super grateful to anaconja for getting me into this tour.

National Sex Era

i tend to thrive in already deeply established metagames, and given the vast diversity in ndbh i was a bit paralyzed when building because it felt as though no matter what i used, there would always be some hard counter somewhere. i was very paranoid of scales users especially miscellaneous arcs but these fears turned out to be unfounded after a while. the counters were relatively rare, and when they did get used, in practice they could get exploited in some way regardless.

IMPORT ALL https://pokepast.es/344e26a36ffc43f0

1. CAR BATTERY

CAR BATTERY (Dialga) @ Adamant Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Strength Sap

CERTIFIED CREAMER (Solgaleo) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Topsy-Turvy
- Recover
- Knock Off

SQUID GAMES (Kyogre-Primal) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Water Spout
- Thousand Waves
- Recover

bad guys at school (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Soundproof
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Anchor Shot
- Quiver Dance
- Recover

panasonic blu-ray (Xerneas) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Glare
- Stealth Rock

cheesed burger (Groudon) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
- Haze
- Thousand Waves
- Glare
- Recover

this dialga set is absolutely nuclear. you one-shot arceus at +1. i was having a lot of fun simply spamming fat setup and getting thru eventually, which felt like the first team type i had that actually worked. i brought this vs tttech, unfortunately lost from a great position cause i didn't expect diancie to scam my arc but it is what it is.

1657596766435.png

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Toxic Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psystrike
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Reshiram @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Eternabeam
- Blue Flare
- Strength Sap

Arceus-Steel @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Mild Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
- Core Enforcer

i forgor (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Amnesia
- Thousand Waves
- Strength Sap

Tapu Fini @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Parting Shot
- Moonblast
- Shore Up

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Wicked Blow
- Oblivion Wing
- Dragon Ascent

i have no idea what amnesia don actually does, which i guess is the point of the set. i remember i clicked it at least once in test games though. anyway, here's where the morgana spam begins

3. the opposing pdon looking at me after it fails to ohko my focus sash zama-c with vcreate giving me another layer of free spikes

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Recover
- Aromatherapy

Lunala @ Rocky Helmet
Modest Nature
- Nuzzle
- Hex
- Core Enforcer
- Roost

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Dragon Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Facade

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Waves
- Glacial Lance
- Strength Sap

Xerneas @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Glare
- Recover
- Moonblast

Zamazenta-Crowned @ Focus Sash
Ability: Ice Scales
Jolly Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Spikes
- Poison Fang
- Recover

what

4. yeah uhh dude we're rockin dude we're rocking man

Xerneas @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pixilate
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Boomburst
- Strength Sap
- Rapid Spin

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Waves
- Strength Sap
- Spikes

Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Beam

Zamazenta-Crowned @ Occa Berry
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Entrainment
- Spectral Thief
- Roost

Arceus-Rock @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Power Gem
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Kyogre-Primal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Will-O-Wisp
- Origin Pulse
- Recover

rockceus with no plate is extremely underwhelming, the power is 50% lower. found this out the hard way. comatose probably unironically better on this

5. bozo team for bozos

Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Boomburst
- Final Gambit
- Volt Switch

Eternatus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Timid Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Final Gambit
- Sludge Bomb
- Blue Flare

Chansey (F) @ Spooky Plate
Impish Nature
- Trick
- Anchor Shot
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aerilate
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Body Slam

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Ability: Multitype
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Taunt
- Recover

Lunala @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Modest Nature
- Nuzzle
- Hex
- Core Enforcer
- Roost

this is so stupid and cheesy. steelceus will still win 40% of the time. (its multitype because i forgot to change it)

IM YIIKING OUT!!! (Arceus-Water) @ Dread Plate
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Recover
- Taunt

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Wicked Blow
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Groudon @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Moonlight
- Anchor Shot
- V-create
- Glacial Lance

Dialga @ Adamant Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Core Enforcer
- Flash Cannon

Xerneas @ Pixie Plate
Rash Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Rapid Spin
- Strength Sap

Darmanitan-Zen @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Haze
- Glare
- U-turn
- Roost

IM YIIKING OUT!!!!!!!!

7. ECOCIDE STUDIO APARTMENT

Zygarde-Complete @ Icicle Plate
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Earth Power
- Judgment
- Strength Sap

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Anchor Shot
- Spikes
- Roost

Dialga @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Relaxed Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Core Enforcer
- Spikes
- Recover

Kartana @ Expert Belt
Ability: Flower Veil
Jolly Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Glacial Lance
- Low Kick
- Recover

Tickle Tipson (Xerneas) @ Assault Vest
Rash Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Boomburst
- Diamond Storm
- V-create

Kyogre-Primal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Glare
- Origin Pulse
- Recover

TICKLE TIPSON NEVER LOSES

8. 252 SpA Steelix-Mega Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Fairy: 186-222 (41.8 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Zacian @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Honey Gather
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sunsteel Strike
- Strength Sap
- Play Rough

Steelix-Mega @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- U-turn
- Precipice Blades
- Glacial Lance
- Doom Desire

Reshiram @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Eternabeam
- Blue Flare
- Strength Sap

Arceus-Grass @ Toxic Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- Head Smash

Regigigas @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Recover

Kyogre-Primal @ Groundium Z
Impish Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Aromatherapy
- Thousand Waves
- Shore Up

whenever you want to make a good team you can add TOWER OF POWER to make it not lose to stuff. despite the extreme silliness of doom desire steelix this one actually turned out pretty well.

9. sludge pile of power (or: PHYSDEF RAY'S GLORIOUS RETURN)

Eternatus @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost
Modest Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Earth Power
- Quiver Dance
- Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Anchor Shot
- Entrainment
- Moonlight

Celesteela @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Triage
Calm Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Leech Seed
- Spectral Thief

Arceus-Fairy @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Quiver Dance
- Zap Cannon
- Magma Storm

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Lax Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Core Enforcer
- Defog
- Recover

Muk-Alola @ Light Clay
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Heal Order

lax ray is intentional you eat vcreates ebtter and imposter takes more from core enforcer its the coolest mon in the game. unfortunately it is followed up by emergency mmy/gar counter muk

10. MOONSPAM (tr)

Abomasnow-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- V-create
- Power Whip

Calyrex-Ice @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Brave Nature
- Glacial Lance
- Photon Geyser
- Ice Shard
- Trick

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Counter
- Trick Room
- Judgment

Garchomp-Mega @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Substitute
- Precipice Blades
- Core Enforcer
- Trick Room

Arceus @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Trick Room
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Lunala @ Iron Ball
Ability: Simple
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Astral Barrage
- Strength Sap
- Focus Blast

tr is definitely more workable in natdex simply because you have better options (calyrex ice/staka/pdon or chomp), but it's still nowhere near good unfortunately. just takes too long to break thru stuff.

11. Disiciples OF Puruple Foorg

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Boomburst
- Nuzzle
- Strength Sap

Purplefr RFrog (Swampert-Mega) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Soundproof
Sassy Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Volt Switch
- Aromatherapy
- Roost

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Spikes

Reshiram @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Eternabeam
- Blue Flare
- Strength Sap

Solgaleo @ Shuca Berry
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Worry Seed
- Roost

Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Careful Nature
- Haze
- Glare
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

brought this vs nihilslave, didn't go too well cause of a couple of poorly timed paras unfortunately. it is what it is though and i think i misplayed it as well.

12. my brother has a zekrom ability

immortal lesbian (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- V-create
- Brave Bird
- Jungle Healing

blazing lesbian (Charizard-Mega-Y) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Magma Storm
- Ice Beam

rock lesbian (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Quiver Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

goth lesbian (Zekrom) @ Dragon Memory
Ability: Transistor
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Bolt Strike
- Multi-Attack
- Strength Sap

chabsey (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Spectral Thief
- Recover
- Aromatherapy

blue lesbian (Xerneas) @ Pixie Plate
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Rapid Spin
- Strength Sap

sevag after getting sent directly to hell by blazing lesbian within twenty turns
(video has since been taken down, just search "i quickly became homophobic")

for finals i saw onyx building rain, he started with this. i thought the fc/scales were too passive and believed the mmx to be extremely exploitable (it's actually super weak, you can get choice locked into a terrible move, you get countered by giratina, you die to priority) so i wanted to make my own version which you can view here. this uses tg fairyceus as a slower, bulkier, secondary, non rain reliant breaker that i think complements the rest of the build super well, and i also love the rend zacc dry skin zamac idea. of course with the arc slot taken, we use the premier anti-gar rain setter MIKU.

my version was still a little crunchy, primarily with the ash gren just being a little silly, so onyx patched that up and went on to win vs qt. go onyx!

M4A Prodigy Arc

everyone wanted to pick m4a vs us so we ended up putting me in there and onyx in bh. i was happy with this. onyx proved he was strong enough to cover the bh slot, and i personally was most interested in m4a and most familiar with the meta (i used to be an ou fiend back in gen 6/7).

building in this meta typically consisted of looking at the spreadsheet and seeing what guys in there were outrageously broken. the first of these was lurantis—guaranteed silver wind is hilarious and you can get thru anything besides haze and status users if you can simply survive their attacks. so to help with this i decided to go the dual screens hyper offense route, which resulted in this pretty demonic team. i think i lost to trick room in testing but was doing very well vs pretty much everything else.

Opulent Garden (Lurantis-Mega) @ Lurantisite
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Silver Wind
- Synthesis
- Energy Ball
- Play Rough

Demarcation (Grimmsnarl) (M) @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Play Rough

Phoenix Ascent (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Legend of Hourai (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Double Translation (Porygon-Z) @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Conversion

Forgiving Temple (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

i brought this in playoffs and it ended up getting a cool victory thanks to azu of all things. lurantis contributed nothing in the game hilariously enough.

the second broken i saw was magmortar, which was less under the radar but looked insanely strong nonetheless, taking the already good mon heatran and scaling it up to extreme levels. neutralizing gas is ridiculous. the building process was more tricky this time because i had to actually account for and counter threats, but luckily my teammates helped rework the first draft, which wasn’t quite there yet, resulting in this:

Sunlight Sonata (Magmortar-Mega) @ Magmortarite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Lava Plume
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Recover

Toxapex @ Icium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Reuniclus @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 100 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

i think lava plume taunt is by far the best mag set, you get to bully mons like dnite that would otherwise have the upper hand against you. this mon just does some ridiculous things. i wanted to use tspikes pex with it but toxic is fine as well.

the other 2 megas i tried were honchkrow and drapion, krow was funny but getting the ability to activate on the right target was really weird and i didn't know how to make it work properly. drapion is neat, i ran tspikes on it and it can also pursuit steels, i just don't know how it ever gets through pex. it is what it is though.

shoutout to all the commies lol great season

Last edited:

TTTech

My fate is a haunted curse!
is a Pre-Contributor
Ana told me to paste the ndbh teams so here you go

W1 vs Sev:
https://pokepast.es/0095491750e6b826
Wasn't really able to test with anyone and had forgotten most about ndbh, so I brought HO that meme'd.

W2 vs City:
https://pokepast.es/84a3f4427252c647
After my loss in w1, I decided to bring a real team this time that centered around diancie sweeping with the gen 8 xern set I used a lot and my favorite gen 7 gengar set.

W3 vs TG:
https://pokepast.es/aa0d7629e9a1944f
Originally was gonna bring double imposter stall since stall is my favorite thing to build for and I was playing vs a non bh main. But decided to build my next favorite thing, a double bounce team with specs gar for power and webs gdon.

W4 vs Cutie:
https://pokepast.es/7cc789cf7cd1e23a
One of the worst games ever in my life. This was the team I spent the most effort on and qt brought exactly what I thought he would, but if you watched the replay 20+ paras ain't really all that fun. Regardless, I'm proud of this team even if it isn't my favorite throughout the tour.

Semis vs Onix:
https://pokepast.es/abbd8bc54798d240
To be honest, I was to lazy to build so I just decided to use the team I would've used w5. I ended up getting swept by a niche triage, but it was good prep on their end.

just dropping some teams i made, didn't think i'd have as much fun in jolte as i did even tho my luck isn't great

https://pokepast.es/89466918bec67005
First team i ever made. Had some holes and was changed a fair bit before it became the team i used w1.

Week 1:
https://pokepast.es/8db6e80e81b56d57
broken team + i didn't throw = win

Week 2:
A million percent would've used double ghost again if they weren't nerfing me on the fly (or was it by w3 idr). Used someone elses team, not posting. Unfortunately, they were using stall against someone who just likes clicking buttons so i lost think there was minor hax but still prolly on me.

Week 3:
Bench, didn't do shit

Week 4:
https://pokepast.es/61ebf39e390c80c3
I played bad and got cucked by rng but still a cool team. Decided to build ho after I remembered I wanted to have fun instead of cry all game.

Week 5:
https://pokepast.es/f35ab72e4f985835
Bad team, was alr out so didn't care. Bad offensive mu on a team that relies on its offense to win

s/o team

scorbunnys

Don't dream your life, but live your dream. #Bunny
Hey! So the season is over and even though we didn't win, we still did really well during the tour IMO. Anyways, I'm going to dump all the teams I've built:
Week 1:
Haven't even contributed to teambuilding this week, so ignore it.

Week 2 (vs Gravity) (W):
replay
:ss/sylveon::ss/moltres-galar::ss/wishiwashi-school::ss/gliscor::ss/ferrothorn::ss/lopunny-mega: (click the sprites for the team's link)
When preparing for Gravity, the first thing we thought of was building a relatively fat team able to beat HO and more offensive-based teams overall and this team felt quite nice overall as it had no glaring weaknesses while I also felt comfortable when playing with it, plus to be fair I also wanted to debut with a Sylveon team, as I think it was quite underrated back then and it had some neat traits over Clefable in Lovely Kiss, Sparkly Swirl and better stats, which came in clutch during the battle. As for the match itself, it was good, I had an anxiety attack during the last 3 turns but it was fine, we both played it quite well (especially Gravity to be fair) and that was shown during the match, as it was really close, but either way I'm very proud for this win.

Week 3 (vs Xrn) (L):
I don't have the actual replay
:ss/umbreon::ss/articuno-galar::ss/gliscor::ss/chansey::ss/scizor-mega::ss/clefable: (click the sprites for the team's link)
Honestly, when building this team, we wanted to take advantage of the relative inexperience of Xrn in the tier by using a stall team with some specialized sets (Corrosion Umbreon, GalarCuno, and BU Scizor-Mega rather than SD). This team also net some wins during testing since CM Unaware Clefable goes nuts against many teams. I lost the match as Xrn played really well and I choked a few times, plus the match itself wasn't that favorable for me to start with, however, this team is still quite solid overall and it almost won the game.
That being said though, after the recent changes you should run Heat Wave over Toxic or U-turn on GalarCuno, as now you can hit Steel-Types.

Week 4 (vs Beaf Cultist) (L)
replay
:ss/tapu-koko::ss/weavile::ss/slowbro::ss/tornadus-therian::ss/landorus-therian::ss/heatran: (click the sprites for the team's link)
This team was 100% made to catch Beaf Cultist off-guard, as they tend to bring some creative and varied teams so specifically preparing for them is really hard. Don't wanna go too in-depth about the team cause it's just OU balance with some tweaks and the game was...tough to say the least (tho I kinda enjoyed it even tho I shamefully lost).

Went benched for week 5 and semis since I didn't want to play at all, but I still contributed to building, so will just leave the teams:
:alcremie-rainbow-swirl::gliscor::dragapult::ferrothorn::weavile::slowbro-mega: (W) (honestly don't use Alcremie, so I'd use Defog Gliscor + CM Clefable here instead probably, good concept tho).
:scizor-mega::garchomp::weavile::slowking-galar::urshifu-rapid-strike::corviknight: (L) (it was a win :/).

Finals (vs dex) (W)
replay
:ss/wishiwashi-school::ss/moltres-galar::ss/heatran::ss/rillaboom::ss/clefable::ss/beedrill-mega: (click the sprites for the team's link)
:kyurem::rotom-wash::gliscor::scizor-mega::dragapult::sylveon: (click the sprites for the team's link)
I'm posting both teams since both were ridiculously good and I was so fucking undecided (I literally choose the first team like, 1 minute before the battle yeah dex if you're reading this, now you're aware of why I took 20 minutes to accept the challenge request). I'll try to explain both teams as well as possible (although the first one wasn't built by me).
First team: It was meant to overall cover most kinds of offensive stuff (especially weather) while it's also got a decent match-up against most of the metagame (although less so). Bobsican wanted to slap some meta staples together while also choosing Beedrill-Mega and Rillaboom as fillers due to their great MU into most offensive teams (Rillaboom smashes Rain and MBee kills the rest of offensive teams, whereas I also had a good MU against Hail with Wishiwashi + Heatran) and it did well enough on both testing and battling (I won!!), so it was surely solid.
Second team: While it didn't get chosen for the dex's match-up, it did equally if not better in testing and the team is overall solid enough against most teams anyways. Although this team wasn't fully made to cteam dex (and that's probably why I intuitively chose the first although this team was winning as well), it still had a solid match-up against bulky teams and most offensive teams (although it didn't perform that well against Hail unlike the first), as Kyurem Soul Blade is lethal against most of the metagame and it overall had solid support with 4 pivots + Lovely Kiss user in Sylveon.

Now it's shoutouts time! I know most people didn't do that but I'll start with the helpers and friends that weren't on the team (you'll see why at the end)
---
dex Xrn Gravity Monkey call me insane or anything, but I also want to shoutout my opponents as trust it or not, y'all helped me to improve and you also played great in the matches and I really hope to get to battle with y'all again.
Beaf Cultist no u stupid ass clown, hate u so muchhhhh (but fr, while we didn't get to talk each other during the tour at all, you're still a great person overall and our battle was the shit lmao, like it wasn't anything but hilarious and I really hope we get to team together sometime, as you're both a great player and person, seriously tysm because maybe you didn't really help us because you literally were... playing lol and all but meeting you was seriously nice).
adem ok so, you were literally the most annoying prescence during the tour and I still find you quite nice, what a life! Seriously jokes aside, I really think you're quite funny and the fact that you rooted for me against dex despite of my obvious disadvantage is really cute. Hope we actually get to meet each other, though.
PalpitoadChamp hello nice to meet you! I love how you always trusted on us (comrades) even though you were just an spectator, like I appreciate it so much and like I said with adem, I hope we actually get to met each other.

And now the team
Gekokeso you joined kinda late on the season, but especially in late weeks you were such a great help for us, plus you're also a great mate, hope we get to team together as well.
Yoshiblaze I know you weren't a teammate nor a helper per-se, but you still helped us so much! You even helped me when choosing a team against dex and you were still there to answer all my (stupid) questions about the tour, seriously thank u so much.
Paulluxx what can I say really? You were the best capitain I could've ever asked for, I don't even have words to express my gratitude for you, seriously thank you so much.
Quantum Tesseract Bobsican Putting you both together since I hate to admit it, but when I first saw you both in Smogon forums I really didn't have the best impression of you both (don't ask me why I just didn't), but after chatting a little and in bob case also helping me a lot during finals, I have to say that I really regret thinking that way of you at first and I really hope I get to interact with u both much more.
ausma girl, you had a great-short run during the tour and you were always up to help me despite of your overall quite busy life plus you always were an overall supportive prescence on chat. Seriously, thank u!
anique met you in ND RU and since then we didn't really talk a lot, that being said though, I consider you as a quite nice person and I really appreciate the fact you were willing to help us like always. I'm also sorry you didn't get to play as much as you deserved during the tour, you're a great player.
STICKY FINGAA we also didn't get to chat a lot during the tour, but you really greatly contributed in finals with your inputs, plus you always were willing to help and you overall were quite nice.
BlueRay SEA NFQ (don't know ur Smogon account sorry) bynum BitBitio Mossy Sandwich Rezzo I know we didn't get to interact during the tour, but I'm still thankful you all were willing to join and help in a way or other and I hope we get to interact at some point. Also Rezzo, you really were a great co-manager as even though you didn't have enough time to be super active, you always were willing to rate teams and play.
Honestly imma thank all my teammates at this point since I'm quite sure I missed someone.
EeveeGirl1380 Ok so, you literally were the teammate I interacted with the most and I'm so grateful for that, like you're not only a great cheerleader or player but you're also up to actually listening or more like read lmao all my dumb rants, plus we both were the Jolte core and nobody can deny it (seriously, we literally brought some heat shit stuff). Also, you draw really well, here's the proof:
unknown-7.png

this drawing made me fucking cry, like I don't really deserve it lol, like it's so cuteeee.
I really felt quite comfortable with my team and all of u were seriously nice. Thank you all for this great run!!!
DEEZ NUTS WILL RETURN-Oh oops, thought this was UUSD.
COMRADES WILL RETURN

⣠⣿⣠⣿⣿⣷⡄
⢀⣤⣀⠙⠻⠿⠋⣰⣿⣷⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣤⣌⡙⠻⡿⢃⣾⣦⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⡿⢿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠘⣠⣾⣿⣿⠟⢁⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⣄⡈⠡⣄⠀⢼⣿⣿⡿⠋⣰⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢹⣿⣦⣉⠛⢁⣾⣿⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢻⣿⣿⣷⣄⠙⠿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠚⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛⠛

Last edited:
So hey people!
I'm ARandomperson / Indigo and I played m4a this PL!
and it's...
Teamdump time!
I dont' really have the time to explain in depth every team I made for the pl but here goes

Week 1
https://pokepast.es/cee0d88995027010 (first team made for PL)
https://pokepast.es/c819805ab191ce14 (this one's bad)
https://pokepast.es/76cf2d443efa3709 (Week 1 team, I have honestly been the only player actually using busted trevenant like seriously even in M4Auction I was the one who made magma's week 2 team)

Week 2
https://pokepast.es/298a8e25ec053817 (Originally made this for M4ATour finals but I used another team. However I build off this team later)
https://pokepast.es/7dac0655aa6be62b (week 2 team, Dragalge Rain)
https://pokepast.es/7f38406c729eddf4 (First version of week 2 team)
https://pokepast.es/b9af809050bd23a7 (Blue's Bastiodon Rain)

Week 3
https://pokepast.es/1c71b4cd302ffd28 (mixed feelings on this one, Mcorv offense)
https://pokepast.es/348e0d468aaf4d07 (Standard Rats core, overall pretty solid)
[I have been banned from showing this team] (I can explain we looked for something that checked both weavile and torn-t)
https://pokepast.es/3907810de89c86fb (Week 3 team, Latifat and also when I first realized zapdos is busted)

Week 4.
https://pokepast.es/17226724e565ceab (I think it was a scarftom on here but I don't exactly remember. M Drapion + CM Clef is a really great core that beat stuff that I was really scared of (M Tox-Low and MHydrei) as well as being gnereally solid. I make more versions of this down the line)
https://pokepast.es/80e9fa06a7f76ac3 (Talonflame Semistall) (Really creative team concept by paul. There were some other versions of this team but they were deleted.)
https://pokepast.es/d6539b044e44177b (Week 4 team, M Exploud is something I had discovered a while ago and made a few teams for.Many people underestimate it's power. Taunt was a new idea by BlueRay which def put in work. This team went through a LOT of versions, mostly changing the defensive core.) https://pokepast.es/f7ab1ca605e64da4
https://pokepast.es/af132ee85a018d60 (A rework of an old team. Scarf Shifu might not be the best pick but I honestly couldn't be bothered to change it if I wasn't gonna end up using it in pmpl)
https://pokepast.es/a48221756e0da5fe (A Noivern Team I made a long time ago but I still consider to be really solid)

Ah yes the teams I had made for week 5

https://pokepast.es/a86ed58f75e7f2fd (Pretty ok team using new mega wailord, paul's one was better imo (https://pokepast.es/6543b8d8cf818686) but tornt was banned in finals)
https://pokepast.es/5a21bfff9580807a (Taunt MHydrei is pretty great actually, you shut down recovery and setup in exchange for only being able to boost using berserk)
https://pokepast.es/e9c8ee9f43159531 (Broken Nplot go brrr)
https://pokepast.es/e6cbdaaee329e5b2 (First Zebra team, it's pretty underexplored though it's not as strong as I would like in practice. Slowbro and Physdef pex have no problems with it. Revisited later)

Lycanroc Teams:
https://pokepast.es/f4c5040acd51e22d (This one was made much before the rest, has some issues I need to fix)
https://pokepast.es/8b13c8eaa3c803c8
https://pokepast.es/4470d5840fe364e1
https://pokepast.es/f7bbb80a5d79c6d4 (The one I actually ended up going with)
https://pokepast.es/ca7e1b84cb3b8e7e (This one had an electric type that could actually beat the hawlucha set)

Semifinals Building:
https://pokepast.es/71795c23fadfebc6 (First rework of the Drapion Clef core, pretty similar)
https://pokepast.es/f7ab1ca605e64da4 (Next rework of Drap Clef. Teammates described this one as more Robust)

https://pokepast.es/e75a0120980f640b (Stall time) (This team went through quite a few variations mainly cause I don't have as much experience with stall compared to other styles and needed advice.)
https://pokepast.es/6da8917c9d108e13 (After posting the first stall team in teamchat, Mega Nidoqueen came up as it was a pretty hard Mraichu counter and we built around that. This is more semistall since weavile exists here)
https://pokepast.es/684456c05322570d (2nd Version of Nidoqueen Stall)
https://pokepast.es/ebd296551bb99705 (Semis Team. Overall pretty solid.) (Sidenote, The nPlot sets are much more dangerous on MSlowking. Bob had used Blueray's team built around offensive nplot slowking and they were convinced)
https://pokepast.es/7eb3064a570bb7de (A Neat concept but it didn't really work out tbh)
https://pokepast.es/25c734ea53e1cfc1 (Revisiting Zeb, now with a better second abuser!)
https://pokepast.es/878089be92570c71 (virizion is just kinda sucky the other mons make this work)

Finals Building:
https://pokepast.es/aeb9ea0ceb3e1719 (I like this one a lot and was gonna use this one if not for my zapdos craze)

Brokesharp Teams I made after ausma said they wanted to use brokesharp:
https://pokepast.es/8c906cef9be3c971
https://pokepast.es/4f6f827193acf629
https://pokepast.es/f867a618f6739ba4

https://pokepast.es/0b185bd7364d794b (I actually made a few adjustments to this recently but havent had the chance to test it out yet. However the first version of this team kinda flatlined. it originally had no setup sweeper so....)

After this I really got hooked on offensive zapdos.
https://pokepast.es/4e75c01b9a97e051(This was the basis of Ausma's final team for finals.)
https://pokepast.es/165d0fcf53951a8a (First version of my final finals team, Zap + Lycan worked pretty well, however I decided that I wanted to try mlop so)
https://pokepast.es/9a406ef0cf434e33 (I remade it with mlop. I was kinda looking for a setup sweeper that could check zap since a lack of one was a problem for a few previous teams I had so I went with uh
that)
https://pokepast.es/ce81345043ebb9b7 (With some help from teammates this is the final version I ended up with. Hazard stack worked pretty well and zapdos and lando were great to help lop clean up.)

And that's the end!

What did we learn from this?
That I like Buzz/Ferro Glisc Pex (often eject button) and Gastro Corv defensive cores
and that zapdos and MBisharp are busted lmao

Ok a few shoutouts before I dip
All the members of the CCC, but most especially Paulluxx ausma Bobsican for choosing me, helping me test and teambuild and for being amazing people! We did our best and we've come so far!
BlueRay for being a great friend and a phenomenal source of help! I seriously cannot thank you enough and I wish all the best for you!
Sticky Fingaaa Thanks for the challenge you presented as imo M4a's best singles player! I loved playing with you and I thank you for your assistance as well! I remember when we were on the same team in m4apl as well and I kinda miss those days. SSSD Reunion When?
Gekokeso Thanks for the help as well! Keep Improving yourself and you can touch the stars!
IsoCon Thanks for your help! I'm glad we got to play as a team in M4Auction.
adem also giving you a shoutout for giving me (and many others) a new perspective into m4a!

It's been a great run, and I hope to be able to participate in a tour like this again!
IndigoRewrite Signing out

Last edited:
Good work to the Boomers for a 3rd/4th place finish, despite literally everyone in every week downplaying us.

Was a fair amount of fun with y'all!
JosJet KeroseneZanchu IsoCon MagearnaTheBoss Noctrine XxSevagxX Voyager Xrn Gekokeso

Unlike every dweeb that's posted like paragraph after paragraph of "analysis" or whatever, I'd like to just very quickly say a few things.

-

-

1: I'm nominating our MVP as.... Gekokeso , mans lost majority of the games that I put him in for but he scrimmed with everyone on the drop of a hat for any tier, was a great hype man in threads and discord, and helped build for any tier.
Everyone who said I spent too much on the mans when I simply dropped 10500 on them is just actually stupid. Guy plays good, tears up CSI with terribly unoptimized teams, and is a great lad.

2: We came into this to have fun.
1657874885606.png

I wanted a team where everyone got to play at least once, and was well rounded enough to win, while also not be a stick in the mud. Wasn't half bad. No Mega-Electrode in our double m4a matches lost us the series though, I think my team took it too serious vs CCC(a team we already beat previously), so it is what it is.

3: Bo1 is trash.
Why are we still running tours on uncompetitive Bo1 MU fishing? Lmao. I'd like to request in any future tours if you consider doing Bo1 you should fucking stub your toe on a dresser, let the pain rush to your head, and do Bo3 instead. Not even a discussion needs to be had. Or if you're REALLY opposed to it then why not at least have Bo3 in playoffs where it's do or die?

Anyways, that's all. Thanks for the tour, lemme know when we do another and I'll gladly captain again.

:gs/electrode:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Might as well throw in teams I used. I built teams with the title of who It was built to face so sorry if naming conventions seem weird.

Week 1 - War of the Weezings
:ss/weezing::ss/weezing-galar::ss/corsola-galar::ss/linoone-galar::ss/sandslash::ss/thundurus-therian:

First off was a standard Balance build I built where I wanted to utilize the defensive synergy of both Weezings. Theoretically Weez ate most special hits and could retailiate hard and likewise for Weez-King. Corsoul would help cover the rest. Adamant nor Double-Edge wasn't really a thing on Slash prior to the Tour, so forgive me for thinking NGas Weezing could bully it with Wisp (oof). Linoone G is the craziest cleaner in the bunch and really only needs some well placed chip to whop up house. Standard Boots utility Sandslash provides Nasty Plot Thundy T is underrated so I wanted to try him out and see what he got.

Team unfortunately had a terrible matchup with HO from the start, and Webs making Linoone-Punk's sole advantage moot and Adamant Slash (Z-Move or not) putting additional pressure + some really stupid plays in general led to my defeat.

Week 2 - Trick Scarf Rotom-Fan Balance
:ss/darmanitan-zen::ss/rotom-fan::ss/sandslash::ss/silvally-water::ss/linoone-galar::ss/slowking-galar:

Scoopapa got to cooking another Balance team featuring another line up of goated tanks. Rotom-Fan prior to the post PMPL nerf was borderline the perfect Pokémon, and the combo of Trick Scarf NP allowed him to bully Balance, Rain and some offense variants all at once. I don't know what the hell AV Slash does but Scoop swore by it. Yawn U-turn wwas another genius Scoop strat to ensure Darm Z never lost too much momentum and it worked amazingly in the tour. Slowking-G is the goat no further elaboration.

Gameplan was to either Trick Scarf then NP up a win or brute force with Linoone-G and clearly one of those ideas worked out swimmingly well. Poor Muk, we had to put in a buff for him just because of this match.

Week 3 - Anti Cheese Offense
Screenshot_20220717-171222-1.jpg
(Ill edit in sprites later)
When Earl and I sat down to craft the team that ultimately defeated Tapler, I had to bring up the fact that we were facing Tapler. Tapler brings cheese and wins. Trick Room, Paraspam, dedicated Weather were all team build strats we had to simultaneously prep for all while facing the possibility of basic bitch balance. We needed to craft THE team that could passably handle all of them at once. First things first we prepped for Status spam. As you can see sans Klefki (who is immune to two diff status) and Kyotter everything on our team tells long term status to fuck off. We were covered on that front. For Weather Kyotter is the obvious choice, it beats the two opposing Weather setters (Sand and Sun) while walling a significant portion of Rain. Tapler wasn't running Hail but if he did we lost. Trick Room was the worst of it, because as we all know Megarupt is broken. I eventually settled on SpD Kyotter + a devilishly ev'd Choice Scarf Druddfini to keep it at bay. Miemie glued it together by eating status, hitting hard as hell and absolutely massacring anything slower thanks to our spicy mixed Miemie set with Psychic for the stray Slowton.

Sun was ironically the thing I least prepped for, but luckily Sun in FEUU is bad enough that Kyotter + offensive pressure held us down. No speed evs on the Weather sweeper was an unfortunate blunder on Tapler's part, which was a precursor to my own fate the following week.

Week 4 - Pikachu Belle + SlowDarm Balance
:sm/pikachu-belle::ss/silvally-fire::ss/slowbro::ss/darmanitan-zen::ss/rotom-fan::slowking-galar:

Team was a bit rushed. I think we vastly overestimated how eager people were willing to run Fire types so Scoop decided to cook Silvally-Fire to counteract them. It also unfortunately made us forget how ass non NP Silv is in general. Relying on Pikachu-Belle as our sole progress maker was stupid in hindsight, but to be fair, if this Pokémon gets up a free Nasty Plot it should bully anything slower, IF LIGHT BALL IS EQUIPPED. Slowbro+Darm forms the classic Balance bedrock of old, with alot of the set forgoing good attacks for more utility (ouch in hindsight). PhysDef Rotom-Fan was our principle Ground wall and AV King our secondary SpD sponge. As I said, making this team passive as shit was a bad call on our part, essentially making it so Slowking had no stops to a CM sweep. Hax was also unfortunate because pretty sure Magma Storm missed thrice, made me nearly delete Silvally-Fire from out the tier. Light Ball being accidentally left off sealed our deal, as PhysDef King was not beating NP otherwise. No one but us to blame for this flop.

Week 5 - Standard Offense
:ss/gourgeist-small::ss/eiscue-noice::ss/castform-rainy::ss/slowking-galar::ss/zygarde-complete::ss/deoxys-speed:

Now, I don't wanna bring any bad blood here, as the tour is already done and gone, but I was and still is displeased on how this round was handled. I built a team with Paullux in mind, leaning on his particular trends in mind, we schedule a time, I show up, make contact on Smogon, watch Paullux be active in the thread and wait for an hour with zero response. That is just blatant calls for an activity win, no ifs or buts. But I guess that wasn't in play, and then I gotta wake up to hear I gotta fight a completely diff player with a completely diff playstyle. Idc, thats just bs.

Otherwise, Gourgeist plays as a wincon via Calm Mind. Hex over Moonblast is crazy but quite honestly most Darks are hardswapping out expecting Magic Guard LO Moonblast so it never actually plays to my detriment in practice. Eiscue-Noice is a stellar offensive pivot, with Poison-Ice-Water having really good neutral coverage across the board. Droplet is just SpD Rotom-Wash does the same job of swapping into hits and Volt Switching or Pain Splitting off the damage. Slowking-G proved to essentially be the best gluemon in the tier rn, and proved to be so as the last line of defense. Zygoliath is just a solid physdef pivot but the lack of reliable recovery and being massive bait for Rotom-Fan is a major pain, and thankfully some of that was alleviated with the reworks Alt had done. Deoxys-Speed sealed the deal, it's still the scary ass breaker it usually is even if its no longer hazard immune. Its not the fastest thing anymore nut it still can punch big holes in the opposing team. For the match itself, I just wasn't prepped for semi stall, so was already facing a uphill battle lol. Gourg was my best shot but it was too late at that point, almost reverse sweeping the entire team was extremely impressive though, so expect us to look out for how it performs in a post PMPL metagame.

All in all, was a good tour, I learnt alot from battling and co leading. Not sure if I want to do both corun and battle if I do a tour again, I'd rather do one or the other next time. Joltemons is still one of the most fun metas I built for in this tour, I met alot of cool players in this match too and this all served to grow Pet Mods' playerbase which it did well. Best thing my teammates and I learnt from this is to never overprepare, just build what's good and let it guide ya.

Godspeed to the Manicunos earl 447323a Scoopapa Moretto Nihilslave guttrainer Amberr TGtz8920 and RTM (not sure on name change) and anyone else I unfortunately missed, I love you silly lots. Peace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)