Resource Post-SPL Set Dump - NU Edition

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Ok since none of these useless fucks wants to make a post I guess I'll start despite making the thread. Maybe eventually I'll edit in all the teams I used but man they were all p dogshit so I don't think anyone is gonna want to import them.

Togedemaru (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Endeavor

Pretty standard Togedemaru set but I think I was the first person to bring it in SPL so fuck it I'm taking credit for it. Scarf Togedemaru has recently become the most standard set and deservedly so, since its defensive set is p bad imo. Scarf God Mouse keeps offensive pressure, is immune to Electric so you can pivot into shit like Rotom / Vikavolt / Heliolisk on predicted Volt Switches, offensively checks Comfey which is very difficult to do, has access to U-turn and some decent options for his 4th moveslot. I used Nuzzle because I felt like it could help my setup sweepers late-game (SD Incin / BU Pass) and also to attempt some bullshit with Iron Head / Zing Zap later in the game, but I think Endeavor is the overall best option for the last moveslot. I also used Adamant in my game vs Eternally but since people started running Scarf Magmortar sometimes I felt like I didn't wanna tie vs this bs mon.

Accelgor @ Buginium Z
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpA / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Pretty terrible set honestly but great idea from my buddy lax to bring vs people who spam Golbat as the sole hazard control mon. This shit is weak as fuck but if you're able to set up one layer of tspikes and kill off their hazard removal with Final Gambit you should put yourself in a very advantageous situation most of the time. Ideally you wanna pair this with mons that appreciate Golbat gone. This is also a pretty good check to grasses which is always cool, and if you're frantic about Speed control and has trouble building teams with the terrible scarfers available in NU this mon sure helps solving the issue, considering you can even go max Speed and revenge kill a ton of stuff with Final Gambit / Savage Spin-Out.

Fwiw this set can be tweaked a lot and I'm definitely not the first person to come up with Final Gambit Accelgor, but I felt like it was worth mentioning it since Golbat and Vileplume (and even Garbodor) have been rising to prominence and this set is a p good lure to both of them while maintaining Toxic Spikes on the field, really strong hazard in NU if you manage to keep them up throughout the game.

The only reason I ran this particular spread was because I wanted some stronger hits vs DD Scrafty / SD Incin and this was also my only Z move option on my team so I put a Z move on it. Speed for max Speed Jolly Aerodactyl. You can go max Speed for Passimian though or just enough for Sceptile depending on your team.

Those were the 2 sets that I believe made the most difference in my games, here are some stuff most people have already seen but I personally believe are pretty underrated / might have some tweaks to them:

Seismitoad @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 148 HP / 104 Def / 104 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Most people either go full on offensive with their Seismitoads or go full defense with Leftovers or Z-Refresh. This particular set is an attempt at reaching that middle ground where you still 2HKO Xatu after Scald + Hydro Vortex on the switch-in and also counter Incineroar. You hit 244 Speed so you should be outspeeding most Xatus, and Hydro Vortex OHKOes SD Incin / you take little damage from Knock because you carry a Z stone so you're fine vs pivot Incin as well. EVs in HP / Defense optimize your defensive stats.

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 32 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Anchor Shot
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Another not very innovative set, but I do believe this to be one of the best hazard control options in the tier. Adding Assault Vest to Dhelmise makes it a pretty great check to Heliolisk, Comfey and Sceptile, all of which are huge threats to most teams. I see most people running Colbur / Z moves and carrying Synthesis most of the time but I do think this set gives you more immediate utility and a more solid check to certain mons vs a lot of teams. Having a Grass-type remover is really cool in a tier filled with Ground-type rockers (Rhydon, Seismitoad, Palossand, Steelix) and carrying AV helps you switch into some of them and also helps you tank Diancie, probably the most common rocker atm. I bolded the Speed because I believe the added bulk from AV also allowed me to creep a bit more than what people usually do with this mon, and as I'm sure you all know this is a very important Speed tier in NU (Abomasnow, Vaporeon, pivot Incin, Diancie, Piloswine, opposing Dhelmise, Vileplume etc. are all in this 130 - 170 range most of the time).

None of these are crazy innovations, but I do think they have a lot of value in the current meta and were some of the ideas I brought that I liked most this SPL. Hopefully I'll play better next time to make them worth it ;_;

Last edited:
I was told to post. I didn't use too many meme sets this spl but I'll post a few here... use these fun sets at your own risk :blobastonished:

Houndoom @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Not a good set but I used it anyway :v specs pulse is cute and incineroar can't eat its berry lol

Togedemaru @ Choice Band
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt

Annoys balance if they don't have lix lol, just spam u-turn maybe and zen headbutt on sp def plume for meme laughs.

Mesprit @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Really good against balance / stall, bops bulky incin after rocks maybe. it did pretty well in my game and swept the late game.

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Brave Bird
- Poison Fang
- Roost

I used this meme week 1, after Lix was gone Golbat had fun and swept >:3c

Vileplume @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonlight
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth

Not much likes switching into plumes stabs and having more offensive pressure makes it even worse. Growth on something passive and dunk the others with z sludge bomb, gg.

Slowbro @ Electrium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Zap Cannon

More memes, I used this vs Garay Oak. It didn't sweep but i just zap cannon spammed everything so that was fun

Okay since my man ict is done with his matches i'm gonna post sets i've made for my man.

Sceptile @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 220 HP / 120 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

This sceptile is insanely cool, it might be the best spread i've made this SPL. With 220 HP you always survive a Close Combat / U-turn from Passimian, a Sludge Bomb from Vileplume, a Fire Blast from AV Slow brothers from full while rocks are up and Specs Diancie has 18% chance to OHKO you without rocks with Moonblast. This all to set up on the most common mons in the metagame (keep in mind this was around week 4), with 168 Spe you outspeed Heliolisk still which is always handy. With 120 Atk you always OHKO Passimian with +2 Acro after your sitrus is popped, sadly we never used it since Golbat became more and more populair. Oh and you survive ice shard from full from sneasel, isn't that neat too?
252 Atk Passimian Close Combat vs. 220 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 262-310 (77.9 - 92.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Passimian U-turn vs. 220 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 206-244 (61.3 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs. 220 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 240-284 (71.4 - 84.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Slowbro Fire Blast vs. 220 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 252-298 (75 - 88.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Cradily @ Rockium Z
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic / Curse
- Rock Tomb / Rock Slide

2nd grass type what I've let ict use vs eternally. My man CrashinBoomBang forced ict to stall eternally and somehow it worked, ict cant stall for shit but won because insane match up. Eternally won 6-0 the week before vs stall with BU trip rest talk incine so I knew it must have quag on it, which made the team really weak to water types. I wanted a Stealth Rock user that was able to get by Xatu, reliable vs CM Block Slowbro, beat most water types in the tier and got recovery. Cradily was the man to do that. The spread isnt anything special but the moves are, Rock slide alone isnt enough to get past Xatu. I made rock tomb Rockium Z, you rock tomb twice and then when youre faster it should be low enough to the point you KO it with Rockium Z. Other option is Curse Rock Slide what meant you dont need Z move but reliable knock answer it always nice.

Delphox @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Man now we getting into some juicy shit, what being drunk can do a man sometimes. I came up with this while being drunk and man this shit is so good, specs delphox is always able to 2 hit KO AV slowbro with Grass Knot, does 59.2 - 70% to offensive Incineroar with HP Fighting, HP Fighting and Grass Knot can 2 hit KO steelix, 2 hit KO's specs Guzzlord with HP Fight offensive Diancie gets (49.3 - 58.3%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO with Psychic and so much more it does. The benefit it has over Specs Magmortar is the dual typing and ability to outspeed things like Rotom and M-glalie what Magmortar can't. If you're not convinced check this replay from ict vs eternally in spl semi's https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7nu-429472
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 192-228 (50 - 59.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Incineroar: 196-232 (59.2 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Hidden Power Fighting vs. 244 HP / 132+ SpD Incineroar: 156-184 (39.7 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Guzzlord: 296-350 (50.4 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Hidden Power Fighting vs. 252 HP / 180+ SpD Steelix: 182-216 (51.4 - 61%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 180+ SpD Steelix: 181-214 (51.1 - 60.4%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Delphox Psychic vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 142-168 (49.3 - 58.3%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO

Samurott @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Superpower

Nothing too special about this Samurott besides it being a lure for some mons, Hydro is a nuke Ice beam for suprising the grass types like Whimsi and Sceptile, Grass knot to get past bulky waters and Superpower for the suprise kill on Heliolisk. It did it's work vs eternally thinking it was a sack.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7nu-429472

This is all i'm sharing the rest can either be shared by my man ict or not. It was certainly enjoyable to build without fearing to play, thanks ict you the goat. Tyrants gonna win it all btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)