Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 192 HP / 248 SAtk / 4 SDef / 64 Spd
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Morning Sun

Arcanine holds a lot of attacking potential. I chose the Sunny Day set because he needed a way to survive water type moves. Sun also increases the power of morning sun. I sometimes use him as a suicide lead. His fire blast put a serious dent in the opponent before he is knocked out.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance?
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword

Aegislash is my favorite new pokemon in gen 6. He has the highest defense and special defense base stat (in blade form) of the new pokemon. He will probably survive a hit from a super effective move in blade form so that is the reason I gave him the weakness policy due to pokemon with moves that are super effective against him having higher speed stats.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch

I needed a fast physical sweeper for my team but wasn't sure how to build one for Lucario. I ended up using the suggested set but changed the item to the lucarionite. Mega Lucario gets a noticeable increase in in power and works well as a fast physical sweeper.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

I like Dragonite because he has the speed and the power to take down most unboosted dragons. The ability multiscale makes it so he probably could take a hit from another dragon and survive provided there aren't any entry hazards.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Protect

I have a good number of pokemon on this team that are weak to entry hazards, particularly stealth rock. Tentacruel fits as my rapid spinner due to his bulk. His typing also makes him immune to toxic spikes. Not only can he clear entry hazards he can also give status effects with Toxic Spikes and Scald.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear

Mamoswine was needed in this team simply because an earlier build of the team kept losing to Gliscor. A life orbed earthquake can be devastating to some pokemon. I wanted the fourth move slot to have Superpower but that move is banned in XY OU until post pokemon bank. I chose Icicle Spear over Stealth Rock because it can break substitutes and deal damage to the opponent in the same turn.

I realize that four out of my six pokemon are weak to ground type attacks but they work well together. Once pokemon bank comes online I was thinking of switching Arcanine for Infernape and Starmie for Tentacruel.

if running aegislash, i recommed autotomize over SD because you already have many fast mons and a weakness police. I would also change the EV's and nature to complement this, and change Sneak to ball.

That said, with all your either fast or priotity using physical attackers, I recommend switching lucario out for mega ampharos. Its lack of speed is OK seeing as all your other pokemon are speedy, and its weakness to common ground moves can easily be compensated for with a free switch into dragonite, and usually a free DD.

Also, due to your lack of walls, i would keep tentacruel over starmie for its aility to take hits

My 2c, thx for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)