Pre-Bank RMT: Dual Physical Sweeper Threat

After almost an entire generation of hiatus - I never really enjoyed 5th gen competitive battling at all - I'm currently getting back in the game and trying out a modification of a pretty succesful team I used in the 4th generation. It's based around spreading paralysis and sweeping after the opponent's team has been weakened sufficiently. So far it's been working decently and I'm rated around 1650 on Showdown, but I'd like to get some tips to improve it even further. Thanks in advance!

---

@ Light Clay
Nature: Bold // Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Defense // IVs: 0 Attack
Reflect
Light Screen
Spikes
Foul Play

Both of my sweepers are already decently bulky, but some extra bulk makes setting up on your opponent even easier. Priority Reflect and Light Screen help accomplish this. Spikes is effective against most Ground- and Electric-type Pokemon, both of which are immune to paralysis and may need to be worn down before switching in my sweepers. Foul Play makes Klefki a pretty amazing Swords Dance Aegislash counter, a Pokemon that would otherwise cause some troubles for my team.

@ Leftovers
Nature: Modest // Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Special Defense // IVs: 0 Attack
Surf
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Rapid Spin

My first Paralysis spreader. With two Pokemon on my team weak to Stealth Rock, one of which is Multiscale Dragonite, Rapid Spin support is also pretty important. Starmie also checks stuff like Talonflame and unboosted Blaziken; at the very least, something will be crippled by the incoming Thunder Wave.

@ Leftovers
Nature: Bold // Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack // IVs: 0 Attack
Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Wish
Protect

My second Paralysis spreader. Togekiss has been pretty much unchanged moveset-wise, but it did gain a very convenient Fairy typing, enabling it to counter most Dragons (though admittedly not Garchomp, who is immune to Thunder Wave and hits hard with Iron Head). Kangaskhan and Klefki tend to get worn down earlier than I would like them to, so Wish support is for that. Togekiss has saved some otherwise hopeless matches by Paraflinching the opponent to death, which is always useful.

@ Leftovers
Nature: Calm // Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 4 Special Attack // IVs: 0 Attack
Aromatherapy
Leech Seed
Toxic
Energy Ball

Both Dragonite and Kangaskhan hate getting statused, and stuff like that is sometimes inevitable or unexpected. Roserade helps to solve those issues by using Aromatherapy when needed. Toxic for those Pokemon who are immune to or don't care about Thunder Wave, and Leech Seed to help recover some health. I might decide to drop Leech Seed for Synthesis or a second attacking move, though. Any suggestions?

@ Weakness Policy
Nature: Adamant // Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Dragon Dance
Roost
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

One of the few things I liked about Gen 5 was the introduction of Multiscale Dragonite, which brings the definition of 'bulky sweeper' to a whole new level. This new item makes it work even better. The idea is: bring it in on an Earthquake or after something dies, while making sure there is no Stealth Rock on the field, Dragon Dance once or twice, see your opponent activate your Weakness Policy while surviving the hit thanks to Multiscale, and sweep with at least +3 Attack and +1 Speed. This thing can tear through teams. Some Pokemon it has problems with include Azumarill, Mamoswine, Greninja and Prankster Sableye/Klefki, but a lot of teams simply can't stop it anymore after a setup. Dragonite doesn't really need Paralysis support, but having your opponent's sweepers crippled does help.

@ Kangaskhanite
Nature: Adamant // Ability: Scrappy (Parental Bond)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Special Defense
Power-up Punch
Return
Earthquake
Sucker Punch

Probably my favourite Mega. After mega-evolving, Power-up Punch is like a Swords Dance that breaks Sturdy and Sashes and deals a little bit of residual damage, which is nice. Kangaskhan loves the Paralysis support from Starmie and Togekiss, but it still kinda struggles against Substitute Gengar, which is why I'm considering dropping Sucker Punch for Shadow Claw. Again, some input is welcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)