• Ban Breloom

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • Ban all Sleep-inducing moves

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Ban Spore

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • The status quo is fine

Votes: 69 66.3%
  • I think the present Sleep mechanics are a legitimate problem.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I do think that sleep mechanics are a problem and I do think that Breloom is a problem because of spore. However, even though I am quite alright with banning abilities, I think that banning a move would cross a line that some in the community claim to have drawn. The reason Smogon is able to gain the necessary support to ban abilities (during the suspect process) is because there is a promise to the people who worry about a slippery slope that we won't ban individual moves (this is my theory at least).

I think that changing present sleep mechanics is an unsettling proposition because deviating so far from cartridge mechanics undermines the legitimacy of the site, but I'd rather do that than ban Spore. I think the best solution is to suspect test Breloom, because I don't think Spore is broken on Amoongus or Smeargle, and I don't think Hypnosis or Sleep Powder are broken on their respective users (Gengar, Politoed, Ninetales, Venusaur, Roserade).

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
While I do think that the present sleep mechanics are problematic, I don't really see what sort of change could be implemented to improve them seeing as how any change made would be a massive deviation from cartridge mechanics.

On the other hand, I also think that Breloom is somewhat problematic due to it's ability to use spore better than most other pokemon that get it. Sure, you can play around Breloom by using pokes as sleep fodder or by saccing pokes to it but I think any pokemon that gives an instantaneous advantage to one user with little skill or effort is not "competitive". At the very least, I think Breloom should be tested and its fate left to the voters.

Just my two cents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)