Pretty succesful shoddy team ~1580 (needs a few asjustments)

Pretty succesful shoddy team ~1580 (needs a few ajustments)

MY team. I have been using this team on shoddy with great success I have recently brought it out onto wifi for further testing. When you look at this team you will notice a couple of things that are important to any team and should be considered when team building. NO stealth rock weakness and only 2 toxic spike weaknesses. And most importantly some useful resistances which means no flat out walls are present.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 80hp/252atk/176speed
Nature: Adament

- Stealth Rock

A complete necessity on any team, it gets rid of sashes, makes the opponent waste turns rapid spinning, and scouts for choice items on heatran/rotoms/scizor/tyranitar/zapdos who would otherwise use leftovers. Allows for more 2hkos

- Iron Head

Paired with choice scarf and serene grace this becomes a useful weapon especially on the following leads: Aerodactyl/Azelf/Ambipom/Tyranitar/Gengar/Weavile/abomasnow it 2hkos every single one and has a 60% flinch rate to stop them from hitting you or putting up stealth rock. Last note this Jirachi rofls at dugtrio switch ins

- Zen Headbutt

Useful STAB attack works wonders on machamp and infernape leads, not to mention destroys any gengar/heracross/breloom foolish enough to stay in. It Also comes with a handy 40% flinch rate

- Trick

The most useful move on the moveset. The following leads will get tricked: Bronzong/Swampert/Hippowdon/Metagross/Gyarados. If they choose to stealth rock, which most do, I get my stealth rock up. If they choose to earthquake, and some do, Jirachi is garaunteed to survive with the given evs, I then go to my Flygon for the immunity and for the u-turn which gets me the switch advantage. If I still posess my scarf Jirachi can screw over cursing/calm minding/wall pokemon such as celebi/swampert/cresselia/snorlax/suicune/blissey/skarmory making them useless

Description: Solid defenses and resistances make this the perfect anti-lead for this team. There are only 2 pokemon this jirachi really fears: heatran and salamence. Outside of these two not many can 1hko. Iron head usually nets me a couple of kills and if he survives the early game he can come in with annoying flinch hax later on.

EVS: Max attack for maximum damage. 176 speed evs give me 420 speed enough to outspeed almost all pokemon, and 80 hp to survive earthquakes from bulky grounds.

Fire attacks can be redirected to kingdra or flygon
Ground attacks can be redirected to rotom-h or flygon

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252atk/4spatk/252speed
Nature: Naughty

- U-turn

U-turn is a great scouting move and deals alot of damage to flygon's most common switch ins most notibly celebi/creselia. It allows me to keep up the offensive tempo by gaining the better switch when the opposition switches out of expecting outrage or earthquake.

- Earthquake

Reliable stab kills Heatran, Jirachi, Empoleon, and Tyranitar

- Outrage

Most powerful move and can revenge kill dragon danced kingdra and salamence

- Fire Blast

1hko on scizor and forretress, 2hko on those silly skarmory

Description: This pokemon makes for a great revenge killer being faster then most threats and even +1 speed pokemon. He comes into tricked earthquakes and u-turns for the the better switch keeping up my momentum in the match.

EVS: Max attack for maximum damage. The rest goes into speed to outspeed/tie neutral natured +1 speed base 100's

Dragon and Ice attacks can be redirected to Scizor or Jirachi

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252hp/ 212def/ 40spatk/ 4speed
Nature: Bold

- thunderbolt

Sort of necessary as this pokemon counters gyarados 100% of the time with trace and knocks it out. Also provides great coverage along with ice beam. NOTE: this over discharge as thunderbolt can break subtran subs severly important!

- ice beam

Counters dragon dancing salamence and dragonite however he has trouble switching into draco meteors good prediction takes practice. Destroys gliscor and other ground types. Provides great coverage along with thunderbolt.

- hp grass/rain dance

Alright here is where I need some help I have been running hp grass as this team lacks anything to really damage swampert especially cursepert. I have also tested rain dance with some good results, not only does it remove sandstorm/hail, but it makes kingdra alot more dangerous, and helps reduce fire damage to scizor and jirachi.

- recover

Porgyon2 has no problem healing itself as many pokemon have to 3hko, helps keep health high in order to switch into threaths again and again.

Description: This little uu/bl pokemon counters some of the most
important threats including heatran/jolteon/vaporeon/gyarados/salamece along with others. Can be a status absorber if he switches into natural cure pokemon. My initial switch in for blissey helps me scout its moves so i can bring in scizor or flygon or the kill. Its ability trace is what makes this pokemon a gamebreaker.

Evs: Max hp and 212 defense to take hits like a champ, 40 spatk for the ko on most gyarados and salamence. I am a fan of using 4speed on my pokemon as it can save me from the 0 speed speed tie that occurs often.

Fighting attacks can be redirected to rotom-h

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252hp/ 168def/ 88speed
Nature: Bold

- Thunderbolt

Hard hitting Stab never hurt anyone. I chose this over shadow ball because thunderbolt/will-o-wisp has better coverage

- Will-o-Wisp

A key move that can ruin physical attackers, especially tyranitar and scizor. I Have to watch out for the Heatran switch in though I am safe if I still have porygon2.

- Rest

Allows for infinate stalling on pokemon such as blissey and zapdos, keeps rotom alive for a long time and becomes a makeshift status absorber.

- Sleep talk

Allows rotom-h to be a sleep absorber and dishes out attacks while snoozin.

Discription: This pokemon tanks some of the most potent physical threats including metagross, breloom, scizor, gyarados and most physical walls. He is the best rapid spin blocker in my opinion and helps to further annoy the enemy.

Evs: This part is very important, 252 hp to fix his low hp problem, 168 def for tanking ablities, and most importantly 88speed which outspeeds adament scizor and tyranitar giving me the essential will-o-wisp needed to survive pursuits. Also this outspeeds most breloom but it doesnt matter much as i am a sleep talker.

Dark and ghost attacks are redirected to scizor

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 240hp/252atk/16speed
Nature: Adament

- Bullet Punch

Scizor's signature move, can 1hko and 2hko most ou sweepers. stab + technician + chocie band = death.

- U-turn

Deals massive damage to anything that doesnt resist it, gets me the switch advantage as anything scizor threatens switches out 99.9% of the time

- Superpower

Mainly for fire/steels types that switch in kills infernape,heatran and magnezone

- Pursuit

Pursuit is for choiced shadow balls and for things threatened by bullet punch

Description: Well well well. What bad can be said about this pokemon. Pretty much just a standard CB set. Deals massive damage to teams lacking rotom/zapdos. Can sweep with bullet punch alone.

EVs: Max attack is obvious for dealing as much damage as possible. 16 Speed Evs allows me to outspeed opposing 65 base speed pokes, while the rest goes into HP for living through some beatings.

Fire attacks are redirected to kingdra or flygon

Kingdra @ lum berry
Ability: Swiftswim
EVs: 252att/ 232spd /24spatt
Nature: lonely
- Dragon dance

Once I have dragon danced something is going down, lum berry can get me 2 dragon dances and then its pretty much destrucition time

- hydro pump

The wall breaker 2hkos cocky skarmory, and severly damages defensive ground types, and does more damage to scizor then waterfall, also this is useful when you are burned and need some power.

- Waterfall

Stab and my most used move. Flinches occasionaly

- Outrage

I use this against water types and grass types, lum berry helps with confusion, also a last ditch move once I am injured.

Discription: A very useful dragon dancer. His only weakness being dragon and his 4x resistances let him switch into heatran/suicune/vaporeon with ease. Lum berry is needed here as status is a problem and can heal your outrage confusion allowing kingdra to continue his sweep, hydropump cripples skarmory and destroys ground physical walls. Also this pokemon is like a safety blanket against rain dance teams as he can outspeed and kill with stab moves.

Evs: 252atk for maximun damage, 232 speed to outspeed all non scarfed threats after 1 dd, and 24 spatk to get critical 2hkos on physical walls.

dragon attacks redirected to scizor or jirachi

Alright there you have it rate and comment.

Awesome Team!
I can't find any real weaknesses to the common threats in the metagame. However, I find that Rotom (especially the Oven form since it KOs your Scizor which your only Poke hitting it for Super Effective damage) can probably be the most annoying Poke to this team. I say this due to the fact that Will-o-Wisp hurts this team badly and your one status absorber, your own Rotom, can't hurt an opposing Rotom. But that can probably be played around with I guess (also since I can't suggest any way to alter the team to beat it easily).... Other than that, your team is really solid, Congratulations!

you are dead on my friend rotoms cause problems but i can usually over power it with brute force how do i solve this??
any suggestions?

You can run Toxic or Magic Coat over the undecided Porygon2 slot to stall out Rotom formes.

Substitute is a lesser option on Kingdra but it could be redundant with Lum Berry, however, this still doesn't give you a switch-in to Wisp.

I wouldn't change Rotom to a TrickScarfer because at the moment it's your only answer to Scizor. With no Wish support, and Trickscarfers naturally running Speed EVs it might be problematic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)