Project II: Truncated Paragraphs + Analyses Format Update

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
First off, I'm going to make this formal. This is our goal to satisfy those that want their depth and others that want the "quickest glance" possible. We are changing how our analyses are formatted.

A good example is the Milotic Analaysis On-Site

----------

Now with that, this forum is only for analyses that are on-site. THOSE THAT ARE NOT FINISHED OR STARTED W/UPDATES DO NOT NEED TO POST HERE. KEEP YOUR ANALYSIS IN ITS RESPECTIVE TIER FORUM! If there is a current Concise thread and you are the owner of it, feel free to "recycle" the thread. If you have reserved a Truncated Paragraph and someone else was Concising your work, please try your best to incorporate the changes within those threads.

UPDATE: NEW STUFF FOR FUN!

We were discussing a lot of things the other night about the way the analyses look like. So far, it seems that some people are liking the truncated paragraph idea; however, others have suggested that we try doing more with the Project "while we're at it". This isn't really a big deal, in my opinion, but in here I am going to present what we thought of the other night and hear some thoughts from it in here.

1) Merging EV and Other Option section

From Ashley:
I would prefer to collaborate both the "Other Options" and "EVs" sections into an "Optional Changes"-esque section. I would like to keep a secluded place where we can still talk about any other EV spreads, because there are definitely cases where a Pokemon can run many, many EV spreads for a single set (Blissey, for example), and it gets annoying repeating it over and over for every Set Comments part. I think we need to keep a place to talk about this and other issues concerning natures and what not. (I think this section would be better for talking about things like Adamant vs. Jolly Dugtrio.)
2) Moving "Opinion" to the top and renaming the section "Overview"

Obi hindsighted this idea to us, and this also felt like a good thing to change. One thing that is for certain: the Opinion section explains the Pokemon briefly on its capabilities and / or strengths. It is, however, near the very bottom of the analysis which can lead a person to be mislead if they read the SET COMMENTS of another set and think "hey Farfetch'd doesn't sound that bad. The person who wrote this had some decent comments with it", for example. I think this is also a good idea and is not very difficult to implement either.

I wish everyone the best of luck and "happy writing".

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, feel free to start reserving any Updates that were completed. For examplle, Gastrodon would not be reserved here as it is "not started". You also would not post here if you currently are updating the Pokemon.

I'll take Gyarados. I'll make sure it gets done quicker this time.

Edit: I'll take Swampert too. I'll probably reserve more when I'm done with those two.

posting to say that I am "concising" Starmie in addition to writing summaries

also Lucario looks long so can I make it shorter (I'm already doing summaries)

<whistle> can i concise lucario
<Joel> yes

^ original author

edit: and Gengar too lol (just what I PMed to CM basically)

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
My first two Pokemon are posted, so I would like to reserve Spiritomb.

Also, will this project extend back to the older generations (possibly long-term goal), or is it only ever for DPP and newer analyses?

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'll be doing the Ubers section of Cresselia. Supermarth64 has asked me to do so, whilst he will do the rest of the Cresselia analysis (he has already signed up).

Will also put up the Concise Skymin thread soon; it's been a lot harder than I expected to prepare, so sorry for the wait.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just posting to say that Mewtwo will be done once Theorymon finishes his part of the analysis.

Since no one has taken them I'll reserve Rayquaza and Dialga.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Hey guys don't forget the max of 3 at a time. Let's make sure these go on-site before we hop onto new ones, if you know what I mean. So Xia just hold on man lol.

I'll give the aok on Ubers Cresselia darkmalice and Diesel can have his stuff. Not brushing you aside Fireburn, but admittidely you have a lot of Uber ones reserved as is (I won't allow Heysup anymore atm), so finish a couple of those and we're golden. Sorry, but I gotta keep some quantity control.

EDIT: Another update. You'll love me after this.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys don't forget the max of 3 at a time. Let's make sure these go on-site before we hop onto new ones, if you know what I mean. So Xia just hold on man lol.
My bad; I assumed you meant we could only have three reserved and not posted at a time. =3

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
I updated the OP, SO PLEASE LOOK AND TAKE NOTE OF THIS! Once again, you are also free to cut fluff / unnecessary info from analyses.

Updating OP w/other reservations as we speak.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
reserving litle gible, i wrote it myself so it shouldnt be too hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)