Into the New World
Project RarelyUsed v2
Stealing this from tennisace, who stole it from Theorymon. RU is getting a little stale, so hopefully this can help liven things up a bit ^.^ The last Project Rarelyused died unfortunately, but hopefully this one will lead to plenty of interesting sets and discussions!
1. TEST THE SETS YOU POST. I know you might think "I HAVE A REALLY COOL IDEA FOR A SET", but it doesn't mean they work at all. If your post shows obvious signs of not testing the set, mods will delete it, and you will be unhappy. Nobody wins. Commenting on sets you haven't tested in response to other posts is fine though. Sets MUST be viable in the metagame in order for them to get put in the database.
2. When you post your sets, post a description of the set, since people need to know the selling points of the set. At the very least, bullet point what it does well, what conditions it needs to succeed, and what it needs to watch out for. Keep in mind that the set database will be organized into 3 distinct sections, so designate which section your set is for. Here's an outline if you're lazy:
[B]Category:[/B] Creative sets, standard movesets with a twist, underrated movesets/Pokemon [B]What's different about the set:[/B] simply describe and explain the set [B]Why it works:[/B] [B]Positives/Negatives:[/B] post what teammates work well with the set and/or what counters it
- Creative Movesets: Include Pokemon with a full moveset that they would normally not use. (bad) example: Choice Specs Feraligatr
- Standard Movesets with a twist. These are the kind of movesets that, while being similar to a standard moveset, make a modification that dramatically affects the Pokemon's playstyle. Examples would be a standard moveset having a unique item that has major selling points over the standard item, an EV spread that accomplishes a different goal, or a new move or two that alters the Pokemon's playstyle. Focus on how that small modification benefits the Pokemon in ways the regular item, moves, or EV spread can't achieve, and how this Pokemon's playstyle changes when compared to their standard set. Example: Mix Sceptile
- Underrated Movesets / Pokemon. There are several sets and Pokemon out there with undiscovered potential, but for some reason or another, just aren't used much, or have dramatically fallen in usage. Example: Bulk Up Poliwrath
3. Think before you post. If your post is totally useless to the thread, it'll get deleted.
4. Don't only post sets; discuss the posted sets too!
Good sets will be added to the Database in the post below.