Done 'Prompt on refresh' option

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Everyone has done it at least once, refreshing without meaning to do so. In battles, you get can option to refresh/close page if you hit the button. Outside of battling, there is no option and many people have gotten annoyed by it. Could there be a pop-up, similar to battles, that ask if you want to refresh/exit page or not? Another thing to add to that is to add it to the settings for the people who may not want the pop-up due to not liking them or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think having this as an option cannot hurt anyone.
To anyone not global staff it's a huge bother to accidentally refresh and no longer have their pms, and for minigames or games in gamerooms it's even worse when they're PM-based.
Currently the only solution is to ask global staff for help, so this option would aid all those involved.

pre

pkmn.cc
Is the fact that PMs are not being persisted between refreshes the only use case for this feature? Persistent PMs are a feature we'll be adding alongside offline PMs (both should rely on the same design and be implemented at the same time).

Adding a 'Prompt on refresh' opt-in preference to the client is an easy to add stop-gap measure and is an approved feature if someone wants to implement it, but I'd like some clarification on whether it would be something users would still be interested in if persistent PMs existed.

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Is the fact that PMs are not being persisted between refreshes the only use case for this feature? Persistent PMs are a feature we'll be adding alongside offline PMs (both should rely on the same design and be implemented at the same time).

Adding a 'Prompt on refresh' opt-in preference to the client is an easy to add stop-gap measure and is an approved feature if someone wants to implement it, but I'd like some clarification on whether it would be something users would still be interested in if persistent PMs existed.
Yes, PMs are a big part and so are game rooms such as Trivia and Gamecorner. I would say that this would be a good option to keep before offline PMs happen.

Since you asked:
- For Trivia it's also a bypass for our voices as they do not have access to roomlogs, refreshing basically eliminates a bulk of the chat log for them which is never good. (It's a bit of a wired explanation so really, the idea is just "sometimes you really dont want to lose the ability to scroll up")
- The Pm thing, as mentioned, is part of it.
- While petty, your /dts and searches like that also don't disappear. I can imagine this might be useful for people who are in a scavengers hunt.
- Refreshing in the middle of typing an explanation by accident is annoying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)