Propose-a-Game / Request-a-Host Thread

I don't think we have beginners anymore. Beg/Expert were from a time when we had significantly more players and a larger division in skill. Now we have Bigs and Standards. If you want to hop into a game watch those that are currently going on and sign up for the next.
Quoted for truth.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I was assuming it was "bad form" for a new player to jump straight into Standard when there was a tier designed especially for them. As someone who has never really played online mafia ever (I played in two on Smogon a few years ago I think), will people still be willing to tolerate my getting "learning the game", even in Standard?

Just posting because I, like two above posters, have been lurking and looking for a beginner game for a while.
Well, we have had to tolerate Celever for quite a few games, so I suppose the answer should be "yes". It's good to see some old names popping up again!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
You act like the game listing thread is up to date. - me, a minute ago
No need to thank me. Yours truly updated that little sucker. Also TinyNinja, my game is ahead of Yeti's in terms of what's coming up next. The only thing that might deter it is if my application for the short-term teaching-overseas job that I want to do goes through.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was assuming it was "bad form" for a new player to jump straight into Standard when there was a tier designed especially for them. As someone who has never really played online mafia ever (I played in two on Smogon a few years ago I think), will people still be willing to tolerate my getting "learning the game", even in Standard?

Just posting because I, like two above posters, have been lurking and looking for a beginner game for a while.
We actually really want new players to join Standard tier games - if hosts want to have only experienced players, they would make their game Expert.

We're phasing out the Beginner tier, so there won't be another one probably ever. Join Standard/Big games to join the community.

Imma Fly

Who needs wings when you have Rokushiki?
Proposing a game: Add-on Story: Continuation [Dragon's Heavenly Evolution Mix]

RULES

• This game will be a continuation of this game thread which was played on the Pokémon Showdown! forums a while ago. The story will continue from where it left off in that thread which was just linked to.
  • The rules are extremely simple, and written at the start of the original thread's opening post. To quote from the previous thread, "In this thread, one person starts writing a part of a story, and then the next person who replies continues the story from where the previous person left off. After that, the next person continues the story yet again, and so on."
  • This game will only take up one thread.
  • All users who participate in this thread must have read the story in its entirety as written in the Add-on Story thread on the Pokémon Showdown! forums, as well as all other posts in the new thread which continues from that thread.
I second his idea. It would be a great game to have, as evidenced from the add-on story itself on the Showdown forums.

Don't continue from a thread in another forum, not everyone has accounts there so even if they want to sloth through an entire thread they might not be able to.

And since I can't even check the thread I can't tell if this is the standard one-liners or something that isn't blatant pc++ anyway.

I understand. I will gather all the contents of that old thread and put them all in the opening post of the new thread here then.

Edit: I have edited my previous post in this thread so that people no longer need to view a thread in another forum.

Last edited:
OK, it's in my first post in this thread.

• In this thread, one person starts writing a part of a story, and then the next person who replies continues the story from where the previous person left off. After that, the next person continues the story yet again, and so on.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
OK, it's in my first post in this thread.

• In this thread, one person starts writing a part of a story, and then the next person who replies continues the story from where the previous person left off. After that, the next person continues the story yet again, and so on.
Unfortunately that game would count as pc++, most likely. Unless you had people typing up standard-sized chapters every time.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Games like that are not going to happen in Circus. I believe there is a creative writing thread in one of the other forums. Or the fact that you have done a ton of it elsewhere means you continue it elsewhere. Many active Circus members do not follow Pokemon too closely anymore so here would definitely not be the best place.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
So SSB4 is coming out in a few weeks, and I'm planning on hosting a Smogon tournament for it, since I've seen things like Mario Kart tournaments popping up in this subforum before.

I just want a bit of a gauge on the numbers and possibly the amount of time I should wait before opening the signups. I was thinking of starting a fortnight after the game's global release, and opening signups a week prior to its start. Is this a good amount of time or should I wait a little bit longer so people can really get a handle on their characters?

I was thinking that each match up should be B03 and just for ease of practicing the matches should be 2 stocks no items -- basically For Glory mode -- just until a competitive game setup is announced.

If you are going to be buying this game at release date (or as soon after release date) and would be interested in participating in this tournament please like this post. Or if you think I'm likewhoring you could quote this post saying that you are interested, but I just feel like that's spam. Just do whatever you want, so I can see if there is apt interest for this to be worth setting up. If you want to play but can't get the game until a later date let me know and I might postpone the tournament until then if we have low numbers.

(I'm planning on participating in the tournament, too. My job is literally just setting up the brackets!)

Hippopotas

Hippopotas
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there any interest in a "pick-a-number" meta-ish game, where you earn points every round based on how other people picked their numbers?

Example: If you have to choose a number between 1 and 5, and you pick 5, and someone else picks 5 as well, neither of you gets points.

I've done a write up for a Smogon Survivor game and was wondering if there would be any interest in doing it?

I believe I have sorted out the issues with challenges (making riddles and things) if you'd like to know more, PM me but just searching to see if there is any interest in playing said game

I don't have anything planned right now, but I'm posting here to check if anyone has any interest in a new NOC game. You all may know that NOC is my preferred playstyle and I find it kind of disappointing that there hasn't been an NOC game in a while (the most recent game I can find is Great Idea Mafia, which ended in June last year). It might also be a way to introduce some new players to mafia, since NOC is usually easier to get in on (in my experience, at least).

I do have some minor experience with hosting (I was shinyskarmory's co-host for Twilight Princess NOC), but a co-host would be appreciated. Like I said, I have nothing planned so far so everything is still wide open; this is mostly just to check if people would be down with another NOC game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)