ps! appreciation thread~

sorry if this is against the rules, but i can't really find rules that are specific to this forum.

anyway, with all the bug reports and the complaints and the raaaaeg directed at you guys, it must be pretty tiring and stressful. not to mention all of the spam and dumb people that the mods have to go through [and they don't even get paid!]

so i just wanted to express my thanks for an excellent, well-made game that you guys maintain so well. i've wasted hours there just chatting or playing a few randbats to relieve stress, get better at the game, or just to have something to do while my friends are out. speaking of my friends, i've had a lot of fun times on showdown! with them, too, and even helped a particularly close friend of mine to get better at battling [though both of us definitely have a ways to go]

it's not just the sim, either. the damage calculator is really user-friendly and awesome, and i love how smoothly the pokedex works.
[and yes, zarel, that is indeed a pretty nice teambuilder]

plus you guys still have a great sense of humour and aren't [completely] robots. the april fools prank was genius and the lord blue voice and his spinning luvdiscs was an awesome sight to behold.

so, uh... thanks for being awesome and making good stuff! it's awesome to be a part of this and to see it grow to become even more awesome!

sorry for no uppercase letters in the title or anywhere in the post, but i didn't want to be muted for caps.

anyone else here love this game as much as i do? c:

You folks behind the scenes of PS!, dedicating hundreds of hours of your time to provide us with a free and constantly updated simulator... You're all amazing people to take a project to such levels. Please, always remember that for whatever complaints or disgruntled users show up, there are huge volumes of people who love it and your work.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This thread is too awesome. People always complain about PS being down, lag, or some stupid sprite not working, yet no one really appreciates all the time and effort put into the simulator by the moderators and programmers to keep it updated, fight spam and defend the site from attacks. At least 95% of the time I visit play.pokemonshowdown.com, it lives up to my expectations in good battle experiences, even though it's random number generator is ass. Thank you, everyone helping making Pokemon Showdown! a more updated, better place to visit :)

Ricky Charizard 1998

Banned deucer.
I love PS and all the efforts the developers have put into it, its really amazing how we can play Pokemon on the internet now and People like me who cant play Pokemon on local multiplayer have a solution. I love PS!

Mods take time to watch the place when they could be easily doing something else, (some of) the people there are nice and helpful, and the place is regularly updated. In all, good site that I regularly go on.

tehy

Banned deucer.
I like how nothing in that picture is really all that bad chat quality

Although Magikarp's Revenge really needs to be hidden somehow, all it does is provoke noob questions and lols

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)