Tournament PSPL IV: Top 16 Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welcome to the first round of the Pokemon Showdown Premier League IV Playoffs! The top two from each group has advanced to the playoffs. From here, the matches will be conducted in knockout format until a winner is decided in the finals, with the succession being top 16 -> quarterfinals -> semifinals -> finals.

Update on prizes for the winner: They can choose from either a temporary "top room" status or a custom avatar that will be whitelisted for the use of the winning team and its participants!

Tie Breaker
In the case of two teams that are facing each other both gaining 4 wins, three best of 1 games will be played between the teams that are tied. Each team must select 3 players from their team that can be used for the games, with one of the games being OU and the two others being decided by the respective teams. One team votes for one format to play and the other does the same.​

Important reminders
  • Replays - To encourage competitive exposure to the tiers within the PS community, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches now must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match by the end of the week, both players will suffer an automatic game loss.
  • Updated Policy on Ghosting - Acts of ghosting have been subject to more hardline punishments in recent times, and this event is by no means an exception. Any convicted acts of ghosting will result in an immediate disqualification of this tournament, as well as a ban in place from participating next year. This ban will extend to BLT events (and vice-versa, meaning that BLT's bans will apply here as well), as well as possibly across any other big PS! forum community tournaments. For those unaware of what constitutes ghosting, check here.
  • Random Battle is Best of 3.
All basic tournament rule apply. Please take a moment to read these, ESPECIALLY if you are new to forum tournaments.

• Sportsmanship: don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment for this could be a server ban (which means an instant loss for you), forum infraction, or disqualification. Think before you type, please.
  • Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, I'll have to make some activity calls - I'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry. If they lack a Smogon account, be vigilant as far as contacting them on PS goes.
  • Disconnections and timer: a timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.
  • Substitutions: managers, you're free to sub in players for inactive ones at any stage. Subs are taken from the lineups that were sent to me and Dell, and can include any managers if necessary. I'll accept substitutions from the manager and any roomowner.

LC
(7) vs Esp+Portuguese (1)

Managers
: Mambo Coconut. -- xJoelituh

Ubers: Mambo vs Viduf
OU: ZoroarkForever vs Axel10 coinflip
UU: Star. vs Mr. Highways
RU: mad0ka vs xJoelituh
NU: Cased vs Ren-chon
DOU: Rumor vs AccidentalGenius (WorldsBestKebab in PS) Activity win
LC: Heysup vs Luna Bakitso
PU: Coconut. vs lockjaw Activity win

Doubles (6) vs Rarely Used (2)

Managers
: kamikaze17 Memoric -- DTC atomicllamas

Ubers: Leru vs atomicllamas
OU: BLOOD TOTEM vs Zamrock
UU: Colbrushie vs Omfuga
RU: Nido-Rus vs Chakra coinflip
NU: qsns vs passion
DOU: Memoric vs -Tsunami- Activity win
LC: talkingtree vs thecrystalonix
Randbats: Audiosurfer vs lighthouses

Tours
(3) vs Comp. Tutoring (5)

Managers
: Feliburn -- Eyan MrAldo

Ubers: ZoroDark vs Starmei
OU: Always! vs p2
UU: Jordn vs Hairy Toenail
RU: TraceofLife vs Andromeda.
NU: rozes vs Peli
DOU: checkmater75 vs DaAwesomeDude1
PU: Feliburn vs Teddeh
Randbats: DrReuniclus vs Eyan

Francais (6) vs Pro Wrestling (2)

Managers
: Luckstard. -- Peef Rimgar

Ubers : Gastrik vs Lady Gaga
OU : Unamed vs Peef Rimgar
UU : Fairy Peak vs Bhris Brown
RU : Scythe. vs Rattled Snakes Activity win
NU : Dlanyer vs CasualShackul
DOU : Vinc2612 vs Umbra Soul (sub)
LC : majaspic22 vs Quote
PU : Raspberry vs gasquakee Activity win

Italiano (5) vs Monotype (2)

Managers: Haund duck -- Acast Bondie

Ubers: Tricking vs Eien
OU: smilzo vs Balto
UU: -Lone vs Wanka coinflip
RU: fran17 vs all falls down
NU: vakatalesau vs iVid
DOU: v0lca vs Sae Sae
LC: r0spe vs Anttya
Randbats: duck vs Omega-Xis

Mafia vs UnderUsed (7)

Managers: ajhockeystar rssp1 -- Hikari Sam

Ubers: Drookez vs Euphonos
OU: Alphajores vs Hogg
UU: Microwavable vs Pearl
RU: ImmaFirinMahLazer vs Killintime
NU: superstarsrock vs FLCL
DOU: Huston vs Pak
Randbats: ajhockeystar vs Hikari
PU: VeryPinkPancakes vs Thisbemyalt

Rate My Team (2) vs Ubers (6)

Managers: Alkov Snowy. -- Sweep

Ubers: haxiom vs Pohjis
OU: Clone vs Level 56
Doubles: miltankmilk vs Haruno
UU: Christo. vs Lord Outrage
RU: Jarii vs Aberforth
NU: DennisEG vs Fireburn
PU: Koiro. vs Sweep
LC: Snowy. Analytic (sub) vs absdaddy

PU (5) vs Other Metas (3)

Managers: galbia Anty -- The Immortal

Ubers: Megazard vs Gunner Rohan
OU: Raiza vs Giagantic
UU: amber lamps vs LaxLapras
RU: Dundies vs Akashi
NU: TTFTW vs nv
PU: RawMelon vs Advantage
DOU: cityfolk vs Dawgie
Randbats: Anty vs The Immortal

Deadline: July 23rd 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've got an anecdote for y'all.

There was a man trapped in a dank, dark, meme dungeon. Let's call this man Mafiaroom. Mafiaroom liked the dank meme dungeon, but didn't particularly want to stay there. He began looking for a way out.

He came to a room with eight doors, numbered one through eight. Suddenly, a happy pepe comes out of nowhere dressed in that outfit game show hosts wear. He shouts, "This room will determine your future!"

"Oh, great," Mafiaroom thought. "My future. Who cares about my future. I'll get out of this dungeon and that will be that."

"But that's not all!" the happy pepe added. "In seven of these rooms, your future will be something new, interesting, and possibly good. Only in one of these rooms, something from your past will come back to haunt you, and you will ultimately become miserable."

Mafiaroom liked the sound of this. He liked new, interesting, and potentially good. He had pretty good luck (ecks dee). He was sure he would choose a good door.

After systematically eliminating all of the other doors, Mafiaroom chose door eight. It was his lucky number. He walked into the door as the happy pepe wished him good luck.

He saw the exit of the dank meme dungeon! It was so close! He was so excited!

Suddenly his vision turned black. He froze. There was a message.

YOU ARE PLAYING UU AGAIN FOR PSPL

one out of fucking eight chance

(cwl)

-

-

-

-

:^)

also wrote on thisbemyalt's profile

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've got an anecdote for y'all.

There was a man trapped in a dank, dark, meme dungeon. Let's call this man Mafiaroom. Mafiaroom liked the dank meme dungeon, but didn't particularly want to stay there. He began looking for a way out.

He came to a room with eight doors, numbered one through eight. Suddenly, a happy pepe comes out of nowhere dressed in that outfit game show hosts wear. He shouts, "This room will determine your future!"

"Oh, great," Mafiaroom thought. "My future. Who cares about my future. I'll get out of this dungeon and that will be that."

"But that's not all!" the happy pepe added. "In seven of these rooms, your future will be something new, interesting, and possibly good. Only in one of these rooms, something from your past will come back to haunt you, and you will ultimately become miserable."

Mafiaroom liked the sound of this. He liked new, interesting, and potentially good. He had pretty good luck (ecks dee). He was sure he would choose a good door.

After systematically eliminating all of the other doors, Mafiaroom chose door eight. It was his lucky number. He walked into the door as the happy pepe wished him good luck.

He saw the exit of the dank meme dungeon! It was so close! He was so excited!

Suddenly his vision turned black. He froze. There was a message.

YOU ARE PLAYING UU AGAIN FOR PSPL

one out of fucking eight chance

(cwl)

-

-

-

-

:^)

also wrote on thisbemyalt's profile
Who taught you how to make a tournament post, Dream Eater Gengar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)