Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Calm Mind

Usually my lead, sets Psychic Terrain for the rest of the team, Encore is mainly here to screw with opposing setup sweepers, Psychic/Dazzling Gleam is just nice STAB to have, and Calm Mind can let it hit harder if needed but frankly I don't really click Calm Mind often here, it mostly just comes in to set Psychic Terrain then switches out; Tera Fairy to help Dazzling Gleam wear down darks if needed but again I don't really tera it often

Polteageist @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Fighting
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Shadow Ball
- Stored Power
- Tera Blast

Comes in, clicks Shell Smash, maybe gets a speed boost off Weak Armor, and sweeps with Stored Power; Shadow Ball covers opposing Psychics while Fighting Tera Blast covers Steel and probably more importantly Dark; in practice this ends up being the Pokemon I tera the most often because this team otherwise just doesn't deal with Dark types well, and jumpscaring Darks with a Fighting Tera Blast usually secures a win

Armarouge @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Psychic
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Endure
- Expanding Force
- Armor Cannon
- Destiny Bond

Armarouge is usually for when I can't set up Polteageist safely, Expanding Force under Psychic Terrain and Twisted Spoon is just a stupid amount of damage, Endure mainly lets it eat an OHKO from stuff that might otherwise outspeed it, and hopefully turn the tables around with Weak Armor, Armor Cannon is a nice STAB to have, and last slot used to be Calm Mind but Destiny Bond has been surprisingly useful at either forcing a KO on mons that might otherwise bend the rest of my team over or just forcing stuff out

Hatterene @ Eject Button
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nuzzle

Hatterene's main use is Magic Bounce to block hazards, opted for Mystical Fire instead of Psychic because my team already has enough Psychics and SpA drop is nice, but Dazzling Gleam is still ran to improve Dark-type matchups, and Nuzzle's paralyze can come in handy mainly for letting Baxcalibur outspeed more easily; Healing Wish can help recover Polteageist's Focus Sash which along with Eject Button lets Hatterene act as a pivot

hawlucha (1).gif

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Tera Type: Fighting
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
- Substitute

I'm going to preface this by saying that there is quite a bit of personal bias behind this choice, as Hawlucha is one of my favourite mons in general, and seemed to fit well on this team, but feel free to switch it out; 8 Speed EVs instead of 4 outspeeds Speed Booster Energy Valiant after Unburden, Close Combat and Acrobatics are its usual STAB moves, and Substitute helps with setting up Swords Dance

1692550769761.png

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake

Went for Loaded Dice Icicle Spear here instead of Boots Icicle Crash, because being able to bypass Substitutes is just really nice to have; other than that it's just a pretty standard Baxcalibur set, setup with Dragon Dance then carve through everything with Glaive Rush, tera is Fairy instead of Dragon to block opposing Dragons and resist Dark/Fighting

Attachments

Sneasler over Hawlucha. That's pretty much all I'm gonna say as I have no idea how to help you navigate the current meta. Swords Dance sneasler is just a better version of Hawlucha.
Sneasler @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: ??? HP / 252 Atk / ??? Spe
- Swords Dance
- Dire Claw
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics
Basically just invest enough speed to reach 281 speed and then out the rest into HP.
:blobthumbsup:

FFK

formerly Foufakirby
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi, your team is pretty good but I have some suggestions and mostly because Samurott-H exist :trode: :

:indeedee: Calm Mind ------> Healing Wish
:indeedee: will never stay on the field as you don’t want to stall your psyshic terrain, Calm Mind is useless because it won’t help against kingambit and is easily revenge killed by faster mons such as :cinderace: :sneasler: :dragapult: ect...
And as you said, you never click Calm Mind.

:Hawlucha: ----> :Sneasler:
View Sirsly’s post

:baxcalibur: ------> :maushold:
:maushold: is pretty strong in psyspam atm because you can’t prevent :samurott-hisui: from stacking hazard with ceaseless edge and Tidy Up allow Maushold to remove hazards and give it a boost in Atk and Spe (and sweep with population bomb)

It’s everything I had to say, Nice team !

Last edited:
Cool team, but it has major flaws that would prevent it from working well. The first issue is the lack of hazard removal. Because of Polteageist and Armarouge running focus sash, you are going to struggle if your opponent sets up any kind of hazards, especially in a metagame where Samurott-Hisui is very popular, so you'd need hazard removal because Hatterene doesn't prevent Ceaseless Edge from setting spikes up and a way to prevent it from setting them up. Maushold is perfect for that role, being able to OHKO Samurott with Population Bomb, clean the field up with Tidy Up, and turn into a dangerous sweeper. Maushold is so good at this that I would say it kinda became mandatory on Psyspam with everyone running Samurott-Hisui. The second thing I would point out is the issue of Twisted Spoon on Armarouge. Sure, it hits harder but I personally think you get way more value out of focus sash. Being able to live any hit even from special attacker (because endure is pointless against them) and kill them/damage them back, it can be the difference between winning a game and losing it. You don't need Twisted Spoon on Armarouge, especially when Psychic terrain is almost doubling the power of the Expanding Force and you have Tera at your disposition to make it more powerful. Third issue I wanted to talk about it the use of Hawlucha in Psyspam. In older generations, Sneasler didn't exist, that's why Hawlucha was used. In a generation where Sneasler exists, reflecting on what SirSly720312 said, I don't see the point of using Hawlucha when Sneasler surpasses it in every way possible. Hits harder, faster and has a better movepool. Last thing, Indeedee is not really a Pokemon you'd run Calm Mind on, because it's too frail and not fast enough, it would get easily revenge killed in a metagame this fast. You'd grealty benefit from running healing wish, being able to revitalize something like Armarouge in late game when you need its focus sash.

In short, these are the changes I would make :

1. :baxcalibur: to :maushold:
2. :twisted spoon: to :focus sash: on :armarouge:
3. :hawlucha: to :sneasler:
4. Calm Mind to Healing Wish on :indeedee:

All in all, team is not bad. It would've been fine before Pokemon HOME dropped, but mainly because of the addition of Samurott-Hisui which is bad matchup for this archetype, it needs some modifications. That's about it. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me, I'd love to help :)

Reactions: FFK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)