Psyducks' UU Team

Introduction
Hey, guys. This is actually my first post, since I'm new here (only to the forums, though). But anyways...
I started playing UU because I always seemed to be behind in OU - there were always new threats and new strategies that really ripped my team to shreds, since I couldn't seem to think of a way to counter them all! Basically, I was pathetic in OU. But coming down to UU, I seemed to do a lot better - yes, there are threats to work around, but once you've found a place to settle, you don't have to change too radically.

Team Overview (EDIT: Liepard changed for Azumarill)

Team Building

First off, I was already going to start with Liepard, since I had used a set before that really helped. But then, Liepard didn't work out too well (it kept dying to things like Flygon). So, I tried a different pokemon:

Azumarill @Leftovers
Jolly, Huge Power
252 ATK/252 Speed/4 HP
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Superpower
-Body Slam

Really, this is just a standard Azumarill set, minus the Ice Punch for Flygon. But its purpose is mainly to get rid of Chandelure, who I was having problems with. But it's also good for other things, like opposing Rhyperior.

Roserade @Black Sludge
Timid, Natural Cure
200 Sp.ATK/252 Speed/28 DEF/28 Sp. DEF
-Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis

Obviously, I needed some entry hazards. Roserade was the first reliable one that came to mind, and it's not like a Grass STAB isn't appreciated at some points! Anyways, I wanted Roserade to last a little longer, so I took a few EVs off of its already decent Special Attack, and halved it to put onto both defenses. That way, Roserade lasts at least a little longer, while still being able to put up Spikes and at least put a big dent on a pokemon.

Crobat @Bug Gem
Jolly, Inner Focus
252 HP/192 ATK/64 Speed
-U-Turn
-Acrobatics
-Brave Bird
-Taunt

You might be thinking, "Why isn't this idiot using a Flying Gem? He's got Acrobatics!" Well, the thing is: Crobat's point isn't just to sweep. In fact, it usually doesn't stay in very long. While it is probably my best lategame sweeper, it's got something else in mind early off. Since I don't have a Spinner, I obviously need somebody to do something about entry hazards. While I usually end up dealing with at least Stealth Rocks, Crobat can U-Turn into Xatu (the only Magic Bouncer in UU, also described next), also with a boost from the Bug Gem, to counter whatever might be coming in. This also works with status inflicters, Taunters, Tormenters, etc. I once countered a Whirlwind with it. The guy ragequit, though.

Xatu @Leftovers
Calm, Magic Bounce
60 HP/48 ATK/200 DEF/200 Sp.DEF
-Thunder Wave
-Roost
-U-Turn
-Psychic

Xatu is probably one of the most important Pokemon on this team. He's usually who I U-Turn to (or switch to, in more serious situations) on an obvious stat/hazard/etc. Thunder Wave really cripples things, too, once Xatu comes in. He can usually survive at least one hit as long as the attacker isn't named Houndoom or Weavile. (Occasionally Rhyperior, but that thing isn't going to outspeed a Xatu.) Roost is obviously for recovery, so Xatu stays in even longer. The 48 ATK EVs are so that U-Turn isn't absolutely weak (although it still doesn't do much). Obviously, U-Turn is just to get out of there. Usually, it's a better alternative to just switching when the opponent is paralyzed. Psychic is his usual attacking move, for when the opponent is crippled.

Rhyperior @Leftovers
Careful, Solid Rock
56 HP/200 ATK/252 Sp. DEF
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Protect
-Ice Punch

Originally, Rhyperior was my counter to Weavile, who I had been having a lot of trouble with. But then it turned out that his real prowess was really just being a bulky sweeper! Sure, it can hold its own against Weavile due to Solid Rock and its great defense, but some Weaviles have still managed to kill it. Earthquake and Stone Edge cover almost everything, and get STAB, while Protect was originally for Fake Out from Weavile. Now, it's used more for scouting on what the opponent wants to do. Ice Punch is just because everything else is pretty inaccurate, and it can kill the Flygons who aren't hurt by Earthquake and not much by Stone Edge. It also receives U-Turn pretty well.

Heracross @Choice Scarf
Adamant, Guts
252 ATK/252 Speed/4 DEF
-Pursuit
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge

This ended up being my real counter to Weavile, since I was still having problems with Rhyperior. While it will take a Fake Out, it can outspeed the Weavile provided that there's no Ice Shard, and then wreck it with Close Combat. Otherwise, it can usually take at least one pokemon.

So... Any constructive criticism would be appreciated!

Ok, this is a pretty decent team I would say. What I would recommend is to give azumarill Ice punch instead of body slam. Ice punch is a better coverage move, and it can work due to Azumarill's great natural bulk. The other thing is to use rest over synthesis on Roserade. It restores all of its hp and plus it wakes up just by swictching out due to natural cure. Also, you might wanna try roost over acrobatics on Crobat seeing as you already have brave bird. Roost will inrease its longevity and since your crobat is not an offensive one, you should run leftovers, like the standard smogon set.

super fang on crobat can make any player fear switching into it.

a possible set you could tweak abit to fit your team needs could be

Crobat@leftovers/focus sash
jolly- 158 hp 100 atk 252 speed
-roost
-superfang
-brave bird
-u-turn

nothing but ghost types will like switching into this. superfang will cut an incoming pokemons hp in 1/2 so its worth considering IMO.

also i wouldnt invest in Roserades spatk to much it would be better to give the 56 evs to def and spdef to hp as well.
Roserade@leftovers
natural cure
bold/calm/timid
hp 152 252 def/spdef 106 speed(evs can be played around a bit to fix problems with pokemon that threaten your team)
-rest(cures on switch due to ability)
-spikes
-toxic spikes
-giga drain

the 48 atk evs on xatu imo due to u-turn isnt really meant to damage as much as it is meant to keep momentum. put them in hp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)