PU PU Classic Playoffs - FINALS [Won by Pohjis]

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
1610932277682.png

2022 PU Classic Playoffs
2022 PU Circuit Information

Tournament Rules:
  • The format will be as follows: USUM PU will be the first game. Then, the loser of the first match chooses the generation for the second. And then, if needed, the loser of the second match then chooses the generation for the third match. This means that 1 generation will remain unplayed.
  • Standard USUM PU, ORAS PU, BW PU, DPP PU
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Replays are mandatory!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.

Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.

Playoffs | FINALS
Pohjis vs Drud

Deadline: Sunday, May 8th 11:59pm EST (GMT-4)
Replays are mandatory!

Good luck, have fun both!​

won, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7pu-624104
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6pu-624106
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5pu-624110

for someone who has been playing various tiers in many different generations for years and years, my experience with the PU old generations tiers was not very good. i finally decided to give them a chance after being somewhat useful in the latest PUWC for europe by playing ORAS PU for the first time since it was the main generation in 2016. shout-out to team europe people for helping me do decent in that tournament in ORAS PU.

to add to the above, for someone who has been playing tiers such as OU, Ubers and RU for years and years, this in fact is the first classic tournament i ended up winning. it is a pleasent surprise how this tournament ended for me after some disappointing endings in the cups of SM PU and BW PU. i had some okay success back in the SM era but i am more than happy to achieve something that even the legendary Kushalos wasn't able to do 5 years ago and screwed his entire tournament in the world cup by failing to do so....

finally, i want to give one more shout-out to team europe for overall pleasent experience during puwc and sharing bunch of teams across different generations. TSR deserves a shout-out for his great oras pu teams and of course, Leru for the last minute fire bw pu team that ended up clutching it all. very much appreciated, thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)