PU PU Ladder Tournament - Cycle 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
pult.png

Welcome to the 2022 SWSH PU Ladder Tournament hosted by sasha and gum! In this tournament, players will compete for a top spot on the ladder, and the top 4 from each cycle will then qualify for the playoffs phase. On top of that, qualifying will yield points for the official PU Circuit, in which players will compete at the end of the year for a chance to earn one of the coveted ribbons.

To further explain the tournament, let's take a look at the separate stages.

Stage One

During this stage, everyone wishing to participate will sign up with a fresh alt starting with the week's given tag. Similarly to previous editions, your rank will reset every week and you will be asked to sign up with a new alt. In this actual laddering portion of the tournament, players will fight on the Gen 8 PU ladder, trying to claim a spot in the top 4. Those who manage to claim one of the spots will be part of the playoffs phase. The winner of each week will be seeded in the top four, sorted by ELO whereas everyone else will be assigned a seed from 5 to 16 depending on which ELO they finished with. The #5 and #6 of each week will be used as potential substitutes, should they be needed, and the order of substitutes is also determined by ELO. Both qualifying players and substitutes may, of course, play again during the next week, as they can potentially improve their seed or directly qualify.

If I find out you used an already registered alt, you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Stage Two

This part is fairly straight-forward. During this stage, the top 16 will face off in a single elimination, Best-of-3 SWSH PU bracket. The initial pairings will be based on seed, with the #1 seed facing the #16 seed, #2 facing #15 and so on.

If you wish to participate, sign up in this thread on a fresh alt starting with the tag PULT4T2 (e.g. PULT4T2 sasha), using the following format. All games with alts using this tag will be public

Code:
Forum name: sasha
Week 2 Alt: PULT4T2 sasha
Does my alt for Week 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes
The deadline for week 2 is Sunday, August 28th, at 8:59PM GMT-4. The laddering period starts now.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to myself or gum. Have fun laddering!!!

if there are any errors in the op lmk on discord

first
Forum name: ihbst
Week 2 alt:PULT4T2 ihbat
My alt for week 2 contains a very similar variation of my forum name, as required by the rules.

Last edited:
Forum name: zCafe
Week 2 Alt: PULT4T2 zCafe
Does my alt for Week 2 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

DugZa

Carpe Diem
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NUPL Champion
Forum name: DugZa
Week 2 Alt: PULT4T2 za

Forum name: Lennart
Week 2 Alt: PULT4T2 Lennart

Forum name: Gomure
Week 2 Alt: PULT4T2 Gomure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)