Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Whirlpool
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Rest

Whirlpool traps and removes passive foes. Toxic wears down the opponent if they aren't a steel, and Seismic Toss deals a consistent 100 damage (except for ghosts, but you can't trap them anyway). Leftovers provides passive recovery, but rest is a source of semi-reliable recovery as Early Bird reduces the number of sleep turns from 3 to 1.
252 HP maximizes bulk both physically and specially, 16 Spe creeps max neutral 60s, and the rest are thrown in Def with a Bold nature to take less from physical attacks. You can move some EVs to SpD if your team struggles with strong special attackers.

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Kangaskhan (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Power-Up Punch

My favourite set. Silk scarf is cool but leftovers is a really cool option, given kangaskhan stats which are more defensively oriented stats ( 105/80/80).
As most of you know, the best way to beat kangaskhan is to use gurdurr, regirock or chip it and then KO it later on. But with leftovers, this plan will probably fail since it will be way harder to lower its health with weak moves like uturn. Also it fixes the double-edge recoil, and helps getting boost via PuP. I found this set very useful versus stuff like alolansandslash or scarf togedemaru, and is always cool versus mesprit trying to KO you via psychic+recoil.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Work Up
- Sing
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

I don't play PU (as of now), so I don't know if this set has the necessary speed, power, set up opportunities, etc., but I found that Kanga is kind of hard to innovate for, because of the potency of the normal set and whirlpool set and difficulty to make wish sets work. This set was designed to make Kanga a win con with some versatility. You can use normalium z for an immediate breakneck blitz nuke, +2 attack off of work up, or +1 speed off of sing. Theoretically you can sing a mon and get your +1, then set up a work up. However, you could also go for normal sing and set up a +2 attack if you are faster than their team. This set looks really fun, so hopefully it can work.

P.S.: Only true scum uses sing, so I will not ever test this. I hope an okay-ish scumbag will let me know if they ever put in some work with this.

P.S.S: Obligatory AssVest set

Kangaskhan (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Zap Cannon

Last edited:
SubPunch Kangaskhan

Kangaskhan (F) @ Fightinium Z/Muscle Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Endeavor
- Sucker Punch

SubPunch strategy is old, but still effective thanks to the high base power of this move; good thing is that this pokemon has Scrappy as ability, so you will hit everything for sure. Substitute has a natural synergy with this move and with Endeavor (odd HP are chosen to do 4 Subs if necessary) while protecting from status.
SubSucker Punch allows Kangaskhan to hit even 2 times before stomaching an attack from your opponent if you are behind a Substitute. It is a nice thing to rely on towards faster pokemons.

EVs spread is a classic offensive one.

The item chosen is entirely up to you: a Z-Crystal to boost the power of Focus Punch if you need a Fighting-type nuke or a basic power boosting move such as Muscle Band.

Last edited:
Tossed on Neck (Circle Throw Kanga)

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Circle Throw
OR
Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Circle Throw

Kangaskhan is the perfect partner for hazard stacking team thanks to its ability to utilize a decent attack stat and access to priority moves like Fake Out and Sucker Punch alongside its Scrappy ability. The only things that hold Kangaskhan back are normal resists like Ferroseed and Regirock which have became slightly better in the current meta. So to alleviate the threat of the two aforementioned checks and abuse spikes even further Kanga is running Circle Throw in its last slot over EQ. Circle Throw allows kang to force its checks and counters to take hazards damage multiple times as they come in and are forced out to do so again. This is a major plus as many of Kanga's checks don't have access to reliable recovery. The breaking of said checks lets Kanga sweep and break even more effectively after normal resists have taken 2-3 layers of Spikes twice.

252+ Atk Kangaskhan Circle Throw vs. 248 HP / 128 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 74-88 (25.4 - 30.2%) -- 41.9% chance to 3HKO after 2 layers of Spikes
252+ Atk Kangaskhan Circle Throw vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Regirock: 56-68 (15.3 - 18.6%) -- possible 7HKO after 2 layers of Spikes and Leftovers recover
252+ Atk Silk Scarf Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Musharna: 166-196 (38.1 - 45%) -- 44.9% chance to 2HKO after 2 layers of Spikes

P.S. Jolly variants can run up to 80Hp as it allows them to retain bulk while also outspeeding positive natured based 80s

Last edited:
Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Early Bird?
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Circle Throw
Why don't you run Scrappy as ability? I think that Scrappy is better than Early Bird unless we are talking about a Rest set, but that is not the case.

1528225792151.png

Narcoleptic Jim (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Grip Claw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Whirlpool
- Rest
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake

Switch in on any wall, particularly one that has a weak physical attack, and happy trapping! This should basically guarantee you +6 and if you play it right should have you healthy enough at the end to take a priority move before KO'ing the user. Kanga's base speed means that you will outspeed most lightly-invested mons like AV Chan and force them into using priority.

0 Atk Ferroseed Gyro Ball (108 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kangaskhan: 57-67 (13.7 - 16.1%)
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kangaskhan: 126-150 (30.4 - 36.2%)
- +6 0 Atk Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 208 HP / 0 Def Hitmonchan: 334-393 (113.9 - 134.1%)
192+ Atk Gurdurr Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kangaskhan: 102-120 (24.6 - 28.9%)

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi

Kangaskhan @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Power-Up Punch
- Hammer Arm / Focus Punch

- Sucker Punch

Usual PuP set, but with Fightinium Z to back it up breaking through Ferroseed and Regirock, two of Kangaskhan's most common answers. Hammer Arm has slightly more use outside of the initial AoP, whereas Focus Punch does the opposite, being purely for AoP's higher BP. This set differentiates itself from the SubPunch and standard PuP set by cleaning more efficiently thanks to Sucker Punch and PuP, and breaking through Ferroseed and Regirock, respectively.

Whirlpool Trapper

Kangaskhan (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Rest

Whirlpool traps and removes passive foes. Toxic wears down the opponent if they aren't a steel, and Seismic Toss deals a consistent 100 damage (except for ghosts, but you can't trap them anyway). Leftovers provides passive recovery, but rest is a source of semi-reliable recovery as Early Bird reduces the number of sleep turns from 3 to 1.
252 HP maximizes bulk both physically and specially, 16 Spe creeps max neutral 60s, and the rest are thrown in Def with a Bold nature to take less from physical attacks. You can move some EVs to SpD if your team struggles with strong special attackers.
Kangaskhan (F) @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Work Up
- Sing
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake

I don't play PU (as of now), so I don't know if this set has the necessary speed, power, set up opportunities, etc., but I found that Kanga is kind of hard to innovate for, because of the potency of the normal set and whirlpool set and difficulty to make wish sets work. This set was designed to make Kanga a win con with some versatility. You can use normalium z for an immediate breakneck blitz nuke, +2 attack off of work up, or +1 speed off of sing. Theoretically you can sing a mon and get your +1, then set up a work up. However, you could also go for normal sing and set up a +2 attack if you are faster than their team. This set looks really fun, so hopefully it can work.

P.S.: Only true scum uses sing, so I will not ever test this. I hope an okay-ish scumbag will let me know if they ever put in some work with this.
SubPunch Kangaskhan

Kangaskhan (F) @ Fightinium Z/Muscle Band
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Endeavor
- Sucker Punch

SubPunch strategy is old, but still effective thanks to the high base power of this move; good thing is that this pokemon has Scrappy as ability, so you will hit everything for sure. Substitute has a natural synergy with this move and with Endeavor (odd HP are chosen to do 4 Subs if necessary) while protecting from status.
SubSucker Punch allows Kangaskhan to hit even 2 times before stomaching an attack from your opponent if you are behind a Substitute. It is a nice thing to rely on towards faster pokemons.

EVs spread is a classic offensive one.

The item chosen is entirely up to you: a Z-Crystal to boost the power of Focus Punch if you need a Fighting-type nuke or a basic power boosting move such as Muscle Band.

Kangaskhan @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Circle Throw
OR
Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Circle Throw

Kangaskhan is the perfect partner for hazard stacking team thanks to its ability to utilize a decent attack stat and access to priority moves like Fake Out and Sucker Punch alongside its Scrappy ability. The only things that hold Kangaskhan back are normal resists like Ferroseed and Regirock which have became slightly better in the current meta. So to alleviate the threat of the two aforementioned checks and abuse spikes even further Kanga is running Circle Throw in its last slot over EQ. Circle Throw allows kang to force its checks and counters to take hazards damage multiple times as they come in and are forced out to do so again. This is a major plus as many of Kanga's checks don't have access to reliable recovery. The breaking of said checks lets Kanga sweep and break even more effectively after normal resists have taken 2-3 layers of Spikes twice.

252+ Atk Kangaskhan Circle Throw vs. 248 HP / 128 Def Eviolite Ferroseed: 74-88 (25.4 - 30.2%) -- 41.9% chance to 3HKO after 2 layers of Spikes
252+ Atk Kangaskhan Circle Throw vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Regirock: 56-68 (15.3 - 18.6%) -- possible 7HKO after 2 layers of Spikes and Leftovers recover
252+ Atk Silk Scarf Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Musharna: 166-196 (38.1 - 45%) -- 44.9% chance to 2HKO after 2 layers of Spikes

P.S. Jolly variants can run up to 80Hp as it allows them to retain bulk while also outspeeding positive natured based 80s
View attachment 120222

Narcoleptic Jim (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Grip Claw
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Whirlpool
- Rest
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake

Switch in on any wall, particularly one that has a weak physical attack, and happy trapping! This should basically guarantee you +6 and if you play it right should have you healthy enough at the end to take a priority move before KO'ing the user. Kanga's base speed means that you will outspeed most lightly-invested mons like AV Chan and force them into using priority.

0 Atk Ferroseed Gyro Ball (108 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kangaskhan: 57-67 (13.7 - 16.1%)
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kangaskhan: 126-150 (30.4 - 36.2%)
- +6 0 Atk Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 208 HP / 0 Def Hitmonchan: 334-393 (113.9 - 134.1%)
192+ Atk Gurdurr Mach Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kangaskhan: 102-120 (24.6 - 28.9%)

Kangaskhan @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Power-Up Punch
- Hammer Arm / Focus Punch

- Sucker Punch

Usual PuP set, but with Fightinium Z to back it up breaking through Ferroseed and Regirock, two of Kangaskhan's most common answers. Hammer Arm has slightly more use outside of the initial AoP, whereas Focus Punch does the opposite, being purely for AoP's higher BP. This set differentiates itself from the SubPunch and standard PuP set by cleaning more efficiently thanks to Sucker Punch and PuP, and breaking through Ferroseed and Regirock, respectively.

Sorry, Ktütverde, but I'm going to have to reject your nomination, as it's too similar to standard PuP Kangaskhan, which has a good amount of usage in the current meta. This one is kinda on me, I apologize to not letting you know sooner.

Voting will close Saturday!

Tough call for me between the Versatile Sweeper, SubPunch, and Circle Throw, but I think I might settle for pinktidal's Circle Throw. The SubPunch set is a bit funny, and the Versatile Sweeper set looks really cool, but I think Circle Throw synergies really, really well with Kangaskhan's best environment, in Spikes, not to mention how good beating Ferroseed and Regirock is.

Lilligant (F) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Petal Dance is mostly an ass option because it locks you into grass STAB for 2-3 turns which is highly exploitable by mons like Ferro Eggy Skunk etc. without the ability to switch out or use HP Fire. Powering this up via Grassium Z gives Lilligant at least one turn of freedom compared to a lack of it, and it lets it power through most checks quite nicely, as the 15BP power increase over Z-Energy Ball and 30BP independent from is vital in late-game situations. You can also use Z-Sleep Powder for immediate speed which is a highly underappreciated tech that should definitely be explored a bit more.

+1 252 SpA Lilligant Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Skuntank: 308-363 (88.5 - 104.3%)

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
10AM in the morning (no time for sleeping, let's dance)
aka 3 attacks Lilligant

Lilligant (F) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hyper beam is a move lilligant can't afford not to run, because it is what makes it so good: Z-beam OHKOs skuntank at 68% of the time at +0 (yes 0) after stealth rock, demolishes drampa and exeguttor alola at +1, can catch pyroar on the switch and kill it etc. HP fire might look as an appealing option, but really sucks: it only has some use vs ferroseed. 3 attacks lilligant may be questionable since sleep powder allows you to get a free quiver dance, but I wouldn't call this "free" because sleep mechanics aren't very reliable: wake up after the sleep powder or during the QD turn hurts. Also 25% chance to miss.

This lilligant is meant to wallbreak as the regular set does, while improving the matchup vs togedemaru and ferroseed. 3 attacks means it can potentially destroy some offensive teams and defensive teams alike, the loss of sleep powder sucks but hitting ferroseed shouldn't be done at the cost of Z-beam which is absolutely necessary imo. For more information about the viability of such sets, contact Mr. and Mrs. Volcarona.

For people who havent tried Hp fire yet:

+1 252 SpA Lilligant Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 132+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 208-248 (71.4 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Lilligant Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Togedemaru: 152-180 (56 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Ferroseed Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lilligant: 118-139 (41.9 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Lilligant (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

You exchange Sleep Powder's 'on the switch' set-up opportunities for the opportunity to set-up on status users and stuff like Ferroseed. This is a set I've used in Gen 6 to decent success, and with things like the aforementioned Ferroseed, it isn't completely dead-weight compared to Sleep Powder, and you can Sub on the opponent's 'sleep fodder' and set up from there. Lefties makes Lilligant a bit weaker, but it makes it so it isn't worn down so easily by its Substitute.

Healing Wish Screener Lilligant a.k.a. Fast bulky Supporter Lilligant

Lilligant @ Light Clay/Mental Herb
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aromatheraphy/Heal Bell
- Light Screen
- Energy Ball
- Healing Wish

General idea
Lilligant has a really harsh movepool when we consider only the attacking movepool, but it has some nice trick up to its sleeves on the supporting moves.
Healing Wish allows an attacker to shine another time, whereas 5 turn of Light Screen is always useful (8 if you run Light Clay) to support the other teammates. Aromatheraphy or Heal Bell is here to get rid of annoying status previously casted on your teammates.
Energy Ball is there in order to avoid being completely Taunt-bait.

The item choice is entirely up to you, but I really like Mental Herb in order to be Taunt-proof at least once.

The EVs spread is a mixture of bulkiness and speed.

I think that Leaf Guard is more useful than Chlorophyll due to the protection from status moves when the sun is up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)