Metagame PU Squad Dump

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hack-A-MOwO HyperOffense (Reqs team)

Mortar unmon (Hakamo-o) @ Eviolite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 128 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Formerly aron (Aggron) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch

108 souls (Spiritomb) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Trick

Zangow (Lurantis) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Superpower
- Defog
- Synthesis

mcbfga (Floatzel) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Liquidation
- Brick Break
- Aqua Jet

The wind (Mesprit) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Energy Ball

I saw many people posted their reqs teams last suspect and that many people like using them to get reqs so I'm sharing mine which is super fun and fast paced.

Teambuilding process
I like laddering but not during suspects. I thought using balance was a bad idea because I didn't want to run into magmortars archeops aurorus teams so I tried to make my first PU HO. I originally had zangoose+spiritomb, +an aggron lead that genzeon passed me (idk who truly invented that set but its awesome) then put scarf mesprit like in 99% of my teams coz its too good, floatzel for speedcontrol, magmortar RKiller, same with aurorus, also cleans very nicely when paired with wallbreakers. Spiri banded for cleaning potential and better trapping. Lastly zangoose sucked coz no voltturn so I replaced with Lurantis for ferroseed, defog (never needed it actually) and as a strong breaker/stall slayer if no articuno.
Went 25-5 with zangoose so I had to improve it; 16-0 with lurantis so he probably made the team stronger and allowed me to get the reqs. Imo you can try other stuff over lurantis, as long as it wallbreaks.

Explanation
The team happens to almost perfectly support kommoO. It is centered on Aggron+KommoO which defensively handle half the tier (this is still HO imo), bulky DD resttalk kommoO quickly happened to be a nightmare for many teams once mesprit/spiritomb is gone. Aggron sets up rocks quickly and weakens the opposing team, Spiritomb can clean but usually first traps mesprit oricorio etc. Trick useful vs gurdurr/gastrodon/weezing/random CM/cosmic power/contrary stuff. Strong priority good vs rain/trick room which are ladder standards, sub aggron gud vs mesprit lead/weezing (outspeeds b4 wow) and to force gurdurr to drain so u go sprit. Float wallbreaks/cleans depends on the matchup, lurantis glue and maybe replaceable, just spam hits and tank kingler, destroys balance. Scarf eball sprit for rain and gastrodon. Give a shot to the HakamoO it's op af.

KommoO set
Tanks 3 mudsdale EQ at fullhealth so free setup/wall, tanks 2 pyroar specs hyper voice at full (not always after rocks, maybe fix that but i was facing many mudsdales without lurantis at the beginning), tanks 2icebeams from lanturn AV, outspeeds weezing. Probably not the optimal spread feel free to suggest any better spread. Also completely destroys any Magmortar set, bulletproof so u dont fear strong focusblasts+drops, sludgebomb sun victreebel rekt too. KommoO tanks 2 CC from ape, walls togedemaru etc so you just have to remove fighting resists and sweep. Resttalk allows it to wall half ur oppo team throughout the battle coz the team is slow so very useful.
0 Atk Mudsdale Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Eviolite Hakamo-o: 88-105 (28 - 33.4%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Eviolite Hakamo-o: 135-160 (42.9 - 50.9%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Lanturn Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Eviolite Hakamo-o: 106-126 (33.7 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Magmortar All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 128+ SpD Eviolite Hakamo-o: 139-164 (44.2 - 52.2%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Archeops Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Eviolite Hakamo-o: 258-306 (82.1 - 97.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Primeape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Eviolite Hakamo-o: 115-136 (36.6 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Stoutland Return vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Eviolite Hakamo-o: 165-195 (52.5 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Eviolite Hakamo-o: 271-319 (86.3 - 101.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Iron Fist Hitmonchan Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Eviolite Hakamo-o: 126-150 (40.1 - 47.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Threats
Jumpluff (yes sad), aurorus+sandslash, lanturn annoying, fa**ots using gourgeist, gorebyss+rain (._.) whatever walls kommoO +the rest of the team hard (never seen that actually)

Have fun! :)

Last edited:

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

This team was the only team I used on the alt that I managed to get reqs on, and it was actually pretty fun to use and consistent. I started off with Lycanroc mainly because there was a VR post about it and how its good traits got amplified with Palossand, easily the hardest counter, departing. It's actually pretty solid and not too prepped for besides Gurdurr and Hitmonchan, though +2 Splintered Stormshards hurts, especially if the former's been chipped at enough. Ferroseed and Mesprit make up the entry hazard stacking core, with the former checking Water-types like Kingler (sort of) and the latter checking Fighting-types, providing that slow U-turn, and Healing Wish to bring a team member back. Stoutland got thrown on due to the team lacking a wallbreaker with immediate power, and its ability to blaze through stuff like Spiritomb and Sableye on top sharing and weakening Lycanroc's checks was very much appreciated. Hitmonchan gave the team a soft check to broken threatening stuff like Aurorus, Magmortar (who's gonna be banned, thankfully.), and Pyroar as well as entry hazard removal. Finally, Spiritomb gave the team a spinblocker on top of a more primary check to Psychic-types and Pursuit trapper. The last two having priority sort of makes up for how slow the team is. A more offensive Mesprit with Stealth Rock being placed on Ferroseed could work, and it did work after testing, though this variant brought me more success, so w/e.

BOLD AND BRASH (BELONGS IN THE TRASH)
(AKA I Saw Magmortar Ban Coming From A Mile Away)

Koro-Sensei (Octillery) (M) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Energy Ball
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Focus Energy

MAG-MAAAAAR (Magmar) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
Impish Nature
- Mach Punch
- Fire Punch
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

Mama Chops (Kangaskhan) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Roar
- Return
- Brick Break

Ò_Ó (Masquerain) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Haze
- Sticky Web
- Whirlwind

Sonic (Togedemaru) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- Fake Out
- Encore

Frank (Arbok) (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Haze
- Poison Jab
- Coil
- Sucker Punch

I'm constantly changing this team around except for the two core pokemon: Octillery and Magmar. They don't really have a good reason to be the core of the team, they're just fun to use IMO, and I always wanted to find a way to make Octo somewhat viable. The team opens with Masquerain setting up Sticky Web, since Octillery has the main role of attacker. Thanks to Scope Lens, Octo only needs Focus Energy to set up and then it can start attacking.
Magmar is a hot mess but with Eviolite he's reliable to some degree. Kangaskhan is just running your average Kanga set. Togedemaru serves to provide flinch hax and poison immunity. Arbok disrupts mons that try to set up with massive stat changes (like Meowstic or Musharna).

The Shiftry Show

Shiftry @ Black Glasses
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Knock Off

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Throh @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Substitute

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Togedemaru @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Spiky Shield
- Zing Zap
- U-turn

This was a team I wanted to build around shiftry, utilizing its great STAB moves and ability to use sucker punch. Swords dance and black glasses combo ensures a massive damage output to most things it faces. Assaullt vest magmortar was added to soak up attacks from pyroar. Throh was there to counter skuntank who shiftry just can not touch, but at the same time giving me a second very powerful knock off abuser. Oricorio was there to give me a switch in to fighting types and as a spin blocker. The usual defernsive core of mesprit and togedemaru has great synergy and utility.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Tropicana

Hello! I decided to post the team I used to get reqs in one day because I think it's good enough and also because I hope people will use it thus encouraging the use of archeops or the probability to face it in a team built around it, which is important to make your opinion.
Went 32-3, 2 loss on disconnection and 1 vs mudsdale stall on freeze otherwise it would have probably won too (I ragequitted after the 200turns no replay sry).
Fanta (Archeops)
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Roost
- U-turn

Oasis (Exeggutor-Alola) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Orangina (Togedemaru) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Toxic

Coca-Cola (Mesprit) @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Coca-Cola Light (Skuntank) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog
- Memento

7 Up (Gurdurr) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

I tried to make the most broken team I could around archeops while making it offensive which is Le playstyle typically weak to archeops, in order to effectively see how arch impacted the metagame.

The core I came up with was Archeops+Exeggutor-Alola+Togescarf and it happened to be awesome indeed. Arch +Toge scarf is standard for me, good type synergy , arch breaks toge cleans. Also toge toxices gastrodon, mudsdale and weakens eelektross (same with arch). Toge is my check to opposing arch too. Exeggutor-A was my special breaker choice because it switches in for free on gastodon ferroseed regirock eelektross so every arch counter. Very underrated too. Also the trio covers most types in PU which is even better.

With this done I just needed support in the form of Mesprit +Skutank to help Vs fightings, weezing. I could have went hitmonchan instead of skunk but I really wanted to use gurdurr since my team was skunk weak and gurdurr was a solid wincon which appreciates Arch breaking past clefairy and mesprit, also gurdurr is alright Vs gastrodon in case eggy is dead. Gurdurr switches for free on regirock and can handle opposing archeops making it a superior choice to chan at the cost of losing a special tank: but my own arch handles pyroar , and if pyro isn't scarf it must fear toge in addition to 2 prio users. So I would like to say that arch can be scary for offense, but pyroar is similar unless u like to spam hitmonchans...
Finally gurdurr+eggy are very cool together because balance is forced to bring clefa va gurdurr when spiritomb/mesprit dies so u knock it and therefore eggy spins out of control for ur oppo.

So the team's success lies in its ability to check most of the meta and apply immense pressure with archeops+eggy+toge+gurdurr which together overwhelm balance and offense alike. Eggy gets one kill each time, archeops sometimes kills stuff but is rather used as a support with U-turn to bring in what eggy likes, and weakens stuff for gurdurr. Toge is a sefety net vs kingler, floatzel, archeops, and tanks one blizzard from aurorus and brings my breakers in. Double healing wish was preferred over poisonjab because I had no Z move yet and having an extra healmove for toge/arch /eggy is great (you will use healing wish for gurdurr 99,9% of the time).

Try it out! I think it's alright if you aren't used to building with Archeops. My feeling after using this team is that archeops offensive prowess are overrated and it struggles in many scenarios. It's very cool for speed control and u-turns, I might be replacing it with floatzel but pyroar is a thing...
Feel free to tell me about the team : flaws, does it support arch well ... Cya ! :)

Fanta: Archeops is orange and exotic
Oasis: Eggy is a cocotree lol
Orangina: Toge is a ball like an orange
Coca-Cola : Ultrastandard like Mesprit
Coca-Cola Light: just look at Skuntank's color scheme
7 up: since you aren't an American noob and you learnt french obviously you know 7 is "Sept" in French and gurdurr "septs up" !!

Ban GURDURR lol archie is nothing as compared to it . Yes.

Last edited:
Sup peeps! I'll keep this short since I'm kind of tired but I wanted to show two teams based on around the Crabominal set that I've innovated on. s/ outs to allstarapology for putting in the finest amount of work with these teams and the mon itself, as well as posting replays in viability rankings (I support the nom btw).

And the Crabominal set:
Crabominable @ Icium Z / Icicle Plate
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up / Toxic

Substitute is amazing for a reasons: it forces switches like crazy because it smashes through a lot of stuff and takes hits while doing so, it mitigates the drawbacks in the moves Ice Hammer (lowering Speed) and Close Combat (lowering defenses) to some extent, it makes you harder to revenge kill, and it makes it so that Crab can potentially pull off multiple kills in a given match. The way to use Substitute with this Pokemon is less so about trying to ensure that it can take hits (though it can vs stuff like Crotomb Spiritomb or even Regirock if you get to +1 vs that thing) and more about capitalizing on the switches that you force, since slower threats that aren't wall, walls that are weak to its STABs, or Pokemon like Skuntank are often force to take a huge hit and potentially die or go to something that can pivot into an attack. To put into perspective on Crab's sheer power, and Icicle Place boosted Iron Fist Ice Hammer hits harder than LO Adamant Kingler's Sheer Force boosted Liquidation. Like, fuck me up fam LOL. Other than that, Crab is a massive breaking force vs a lot of balance and stall builds just by virtue of its unresisted dual STAB and huge attack stat alone. As for Icium Z, it's a strong af nuke that doesn't force the Speed drop and has some insane calcs:

252+ Atk Crabominable Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Sableye: 282-333 (93 - 109.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Crabominable Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Weezing: 333-393 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252+ Atk Crabominable Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mesprit: 229-271 (62.9 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Crabominable Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Spiritomb: 223-264 (73.5 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Crabominable Subzero Slammer (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Eviolite Gurdurr: 348-409 (93 - 109.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Icicle Plate is slightly weaker, though still a great option if your Z-move is reserved for elsewhere and it still wears down traditional checks pretty easily as they're frequently forced in. Speed is for fast Weezing. Bulk Up is super deadly (can set up on Pokemon like Regirock, Skuntank, Ferroseed, etc.) and can put a lot of bulky things into KO range, whereas Toxic basically lets this thing solo Pyukumuku stall easily.

Team 1: More of a hyper offensive build that intends to operate in a way that it helps to bring the team's breakers, Crab and Haunter, safely, break through teams, and then clean up later with either Togedemaru or Combusken. Mesprit is pretty much the way to go when pairing Crab with a single pivot, as the Defensive Stealth Rock set, aside from being the ridiculously dominant and effective set that we all know of, is very good for checking Fighting-types, giving off slow U-turns, and can heal Crab back up with Healing Wish. It also loves the fact that Skuntank is constant slow U-turn bait for Mesprit the majority of the battle (this is the reason why people need to stop saying that Skuntank "easily" beats/traps this set, it doesn't lol), allowing it to frequently come in on it and capitalize it. Lanturn is a secondary momentum-grabber that adds a good Pyroar, Swanna, and Oricorio check, while also can Volt out of bulky Grass-types, another pool of Pokemon that Crab or Haunter exploits. Haunter is basically a secondary breaker that outspeeds things, can pressure Fighting-types, and can surprise random stuff that it can't quite kill really easily with Destiny Bond which could open up for Toge or Combusken. Togedemaru is the scarfer for checking things like Lycanroc, Oricorio-G, Swanna, and Lilligant, and also outspeed Primeape and being just another thing that can U-turn out of say, a Ferroseed or Weezing switch in, can be great for both Crab or Haunter, respectively. It also appreciates the rest of the team's ability to break down physical walls. Combusken is basically there for cleaning up after the team has done its job in wallbreaking. Defog on Combusken is a cool tech since it pressures hazard dudes like Ferroseed, Weezing, and Regirock, giving it enough opportunities for it to be a worthwhile option.

Team 2: More Bulky Offense build that takes advantage of Sub Bulk Up+Icium Z, chip damage, Toxic Spikes, etc. Mesprit is still Mesprit so why would I not use it, especially in conjunction with Crab. Weezing offers Tspikes and solid fighting check, Skuntank absorbs TSpikes, puts pressure on ghosts/phychics and Toxic is cool for luring things like Regirock for Type Null to outlast, Type Null brings a U-turn core with Mesprit, with the two synergizing extremely well since pivot into many Special Attackers like Pyroar and Aurorus, while Mesprit can better deal with Fighting-types. Kabu is a scarfer that offers Spin/Rain check/checks to random fastmons, and the like. Team's rather vulnerable to Oricorio-G since it's about not letting it sub that's the thing, so you'll have to outplay it or maybe even resort to something cheesy like Pursuit Type Null or Thunderbolt Weezing.

Cheers! :afrostar:

fwiw why i'm running 30 IV mesprit, it's because I wanted to always ensure that I'm slower than opposing pivot mesprit to get the slow u-turn off every time.

edit: fixed evs on type null

Last edited:

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

After Archeops and Magmortar got banned, I've been wanting to experiment more with Pokemon that benefit from their absence, and Swords Dance Shiftry immediately came to mind. The recent discussion on Shiftry and whether or not it should drop in the viability rankings was another factor, as now is a better time than never to showcase what it can do with some of the offensive pressure alleviated. Swords Dance Shiftry with Grassium Z is really good at harrassing FerroClefTomb cores as well as other Pokemon like Skuntank and Weezing at +2. Lanturn was what I thought of next, since it checked Fire-types for Shiftry on top of being a slow pivot for it and the rest of the team. Golem came next, as I needed a Stealth Rock setter. Golem and Lanturn both lure Ferroseed with Fire Punch and Hidden Power Fire, respectively, and the former can also 2HKO Clefairy, which gives Shiftry an easier time breaking and potentially sweeping. Sturdy was also nice due to this giving Golem the ability to dish heavy hits to major threats like Kingler. Choice Scarf Oricorio-G gave the team a Lilligant check, a form of speed control, a soft Fighting check, and an additional pivot. Musharna acted as a secondary Fighting check that could also pressure teams with Calm Mind and appreciates having Ferroseed worn down / lured by one or more of the other teammates. Musharna also gave the team a physical wall (sort of), which made for a nice defensive core with Assault Vest Lanturn. Finally, Alolan Sandslash gave the team a form of counterplay versus Aurorus as well as hazard control. Kingler is the main annoyance for the team, since a well-played one can very easily find the right chances to switch in and break, though it isn't impossible to deal with. Trick Room can be annoying to deal with too, probably has no chance versus stall, but fun.

Mainly felt like sharing this because it's one of the more creative teams I've used throughout my time playing (U)SM PU while still being decently effective, which I feel is what a good team should be. I say it's creative for me, since none of the Pokemon on the team are ones that I use on almost every team. Lanturn could easily be an Eelektross, Golem and Musharna could be compressed into defensive Mesprit, but idk, new stuff.
e: fixed a bunch of evs, now tr is not as big of an issue and golem is now regular. also happy 500th post lol

Last edited:

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
POMPOM Squad ft. Double Mustache

http://pokepast.es/bd400f636b8579f3

Ok I started this team as an idea for building around Stoutland + Golem-Alola. Golem traps Ferroseed for Stout so he can freely spam Return. They are terrible partners for each other in every other way, but they looked cool so I moved on. Next, I obviously needed a fighting resist. What better to use than the best pokemon in PU, Oricorio Pom Pom? I went with my traditional CM Flyinium Z set that had seen some success in PU seasonal.

Then I realized what a genius pairing this was- Golem-Alola could trap Togedemaru, which was Pom Pom's biggest enemy. Then I realized that it would just click U-turn anyway 90% of the time. Then I realized that I could use Eject Button to nullify this.

So I set out on finding an Eject Button user. I incorrectly thought to myself that it could activate multiple times if I used a Sticky Hold pokemon. I chose Muk because that doubled as an additional fighting resist. After I figured out that Eject Button only works once, I still kept Muk because it was cute, and fit with the rest of the team in that it was a mediocre pokemon. A SubPuP Taunt + 3 attacks set was chosen to act as a stallbreaker.

For my final pokemon I wanted a hazard remover and a cleaner. I chose Silvally-Dragon for the resists, and Primeape because that's the only Choice Scarf user I am any good at using. Pretty basic stuff. I also needed Stealth Rocks so I just added them to Golem-Alola even though it was Choice Band (but that just increases the surprise factor). Anyway, enjoy the team! :smogthink:

tondas

This hennessy is gonna be the death of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Double Dog Balance
Lycanroc.png
Stoutland.png
Mesprit.png
Ferroseed.png
741PoMS.png
Hitmonchan.png

I am by no means an exceptional teambuilder, but here's something fun I've been using on and off. Mesprit + Lycanroc is a terrifying prospect considering how well they cover each other, and Mesprit's Stealth Rock in tandem with Ferroseed's Spikes and Leech Seed chip damage makes switching into Lycanroc a nightmare if Gurdurr/Gastro is weakened. Hitmonchan is a soft check to powerful special attackers like Aurorus and Pyroar, and can reliably remove hazards without removing its team's own. Stoutland forces tons of switches and racks up hazard damage, and its ability to punch holes through walls makes it easier for Lycanroc/Pompom to sweep. Finally, TauntCM Oricorio makes quick work of Gurdurr and Gastrodon if it doesn't directly come in on something like Toxic and also naturally threatens common forms of hazard removal like Swanna, Chan, etc. and can Taunt slower ones which is something the rest of my team appreciates, particularly Lycanroc. It's also a really neat set in general and I encourage anyone who hasn't tried it to give it a shot — it might just surprise you.

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Accelerock
- Fire Fang

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Crunch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Hurricane
- Roost

Hitmonchan (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 140 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

e: changed some spreads around, s/o PU discord for pointing out a couple blemishes :wheelchair:

Last edited:
Toucannon BO

Toucannon @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Frustration

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 80 SpD / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot

Skuntank @ Poisonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 176 Def / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

This is a team I build while prepping for my seasonal series vs HJAD. Because we agreed to not use Mag/Cheops I wanted to have a mon that beats FerroClef, which he adores, with ease. So after scrolling through the viability rankings I stumbled across Toucannon, which can ohko/2hko Clefairy and Ferroseed respectively. Also because Archeops is gone now, most people rely on Eelektross and Lanturn to check flying types and both don't really appreciate a choice banded BB, not even talking about Return. Furthermore it 2hkos Regirock on the switch with Bullet Seed which is really nice.
The rest of the team is really standard. Mesprit + Skuntank is always a great duo to have. VoltTurn in Lanturn and Primeape to get Toucannon in and physical defensive BU Gurdurr which is probably easily replacable on this team, just used it cause it's good vs most of HJAD's builds.
This team is by no means perfect and has some glaring flaws, but Toucannon is definitely a mon more people have to try and test with.

SubPunch Poliwrath BO (V2)

I remember people getting really excited about Poliwrath in the aftermath of the Mag+Arch banning, so I wanted to give it a go. Plus SubPunch pokemon are a ton of fun to use. Alolan Persian switches in on Psychic types and can stallbreak a bit with Taunt+Toxic (not to mention Z-Parting Shot). Specs Pyroar hits stupidly hard and also likes Poliwrath taking advantage of stuff like Regirock. Scarf Mesprit is a revenge killer and also provides Healing Wish support (as well as a Gurrdur check). Regirock sets rocks and acts as a generally bulky pivot--it also handles Pyroar nicely. Silvally-Fairy rounds off the team with another check to fighting-types, hazard control, and another supplier of Parting Shot. Flamethrower is there to stop Ferroseed from just setting hazards against you. Toxic over Encore on Poliwrath does make Stall a bit easier, but Encore lets you disrupt balance teams more and get more opportunities to do SubPunch-y things.

Last edited:

asa

PU Leader
y'all already know i'm back to showcase some heat, so let's just get right into it

1529024914336.png
1529024889464.png
1529024937480.png
1529024983650.png
1529025001722.png
1529025014879.png

As the not-at-all-lengthy title suggests, I had made this team with Z-Sunny Day Pyroar in mind, since it's a threatening wallbreaker that's also capable of cleaning late-game, which it has an easier time doing due to Z-Sunny Day boosting its Speed by +1 and allowing it to outpace typical revenge killers like Choice Scarf Primeape, Choice Scarf Togedemaru, and Lycanroc (you eat an Accelerock after Stealth Rock). Pyroar can also use normal Sunny Day to save the Z-Move for Fire Blast, which does some pretty crazy stuff like potentially OHKO Assault Vest Hitmonchan after Stealth Rock. The ability to rip right through a weakened Lanturn and Regirock with a fully charged Solar Beam is also really cool. But then, I put on a Bellossom because it seemed cool and checked Kingler sorta without being completely passive or anything, so I just kinda ran with it, and it quickly became the star of the team. So, f Pyroar for now.

Bellossom is underrated as hell, change my mind. Strength Sap is ridiculously good against stuff like Gurdurr, you pretty much go to work against Ferroseed + Spiritomb cores (we're just gonna ignore that Clefairy's a part of this core.), and you're actually rather annoying to take down once you use Quiver Dance enough + start using Strength Sap. I had success with both Leftovers as well as Grassium Z, which is for if you decide to use Choice Scarf / Specs / Life Orb on Pyroar instead, with Grassium Z actually denting an unboosted Clefairy rather hard after a boost or two. Hitmonchan is nice because secondary Aurorus check, blanket check to special attackers, main physical attacker, entry hazard removal, offensive Normal check, priority, the works. Next up, Mesprit. I only used this set because I was kind of just screwing around at this point, but bulky Choice Scarf with Stealth Rock is legit. You still hit an okayish Speed tier, prevent Ferroseed + Clefairy from taking utter advantage of you, check Fighting-types more reliably than more offensive variants, and still provide that Healing Wish support, though no U-turn kinda sucks admittedly. Bellossom synergizes well with Toxic Spikes + the team needed another Fighting check, so Weezing was up next. Iapapa Weezing is a weird but fun set I've been using to prevent stuff like hazards + hail + neutral hits from wearing it down. Though you do end up switching it into Knock Off from Gurdurr a lot, when that doesn't happen, it's actually kinda useful. Destiny Bond is nice to haze in case Calm Mind Clefairy / CroTomb get out of hand. Finally, Spiritomb, the team's spinblocker and secondary priority user. Taunt + Toxic is like, the fifth unorthodox set on this team, but it's nice for wearing stuff that's unaffected by Toxic Spikes like Eelektross down for the rest of the team. Since Bellossom tends to bait in Oricorio-G, Spiritomb trapping it with Pursuit is also nice. The team is mainly weak to Swanna, though all of my teams are, so use it anyway.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Gen5 PU Team Dump inc

Originally I wanted 3 sample-worthy teams, but by now I have so many failed attempts that I called it at 2 good teams and then a long list of "meh".

SpikeTurn Offense:
Rotom-Frost_BW.gif
Natu_BW.gif
Graveler_BW.gif
Dodrio_BW.gif
Maractus_BW.gif
Klang_BW.gif

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Natu @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Night Shade
- U-turn

Graveler @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack

Maractus @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Klang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Substitute
- Volt Switch

So this is the team that I used in BotW and was used by about 2 or 3 people in the Bo3 tournament. It did very well in all showings and I am pretty proud of it. The idea behind the team is simple: hazard damage wears down the opponent, and you use Voltturn to constantly force unfavorable matchups, which means they gotta switch out more until you win. Rotom-Frost is always the way to go if you want Voltturn in Gen5, or have an empty slot in general. Frost forms a Voltturn core with Natu and Klang. Natu is actually incredible in BW and walls a ton of mons, like Torterra and Bronzor, while providing a slow U-Turn and Magic Bounce to keep hazards off (as this team can be weak to them otherwise). Graveler is chosen as the rocker due to the huge amount of bulk and resistances to types like Normal and Flying, while also being immune to Electric. Dodrio is the wallbreaker: it can obliterate anything that doesn't resist Normal/Flying STAB, and also has Pursuit for more chip damage and Quick Attack just in case. Maractus is chosen as the Spiker because I wanted Spikes consistently and throughout the match, so honestly Maractus is the only mon that can do that in the format in my opinion...and it also synergizes extremely well with Graveler to make a defensive core. Last mon is Klang, who is a weird one. The team needed an Ice resist, a stallbreaker, and more Voltturn all in a single slot and Klang delivers. Overall I think that this is a very good team with a lot going for it: consistency and a big payout for good play. I recommend at least trying.

Abra Offense:
Abra_BW.gif
Stoutland_BW.gif
Chinchou_BW.gif
Jumpluff_BW.gif
Gigalith_BW.gif
Simipour_BW.gif

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Jumpluff @ Flying Gem
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Gigalith @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Simipour @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

So this team has had a very positive reaction from people when I loan it out for the very obvious reason of it having an Abra. But here's the thing: Abra is amazing. 105 Special Attack isn't bad and neither is 90 Speed. Magic Guard and Focus Sash means that you always live at least 1 hit. Abra also outspeeds a ton of setup mons like Vigoroth, Duosion, Klang even at +2 Speed, and just Encores them. Whatever is too fast gets Thunder Waved. Stoutland is there as the wallbreaker that has...just about no switchins really and acts to break down the opponent because whatever can switch in on Frustration can't switch in on Superpower. The problem with these 2 mons though is that both of these mons REALLY like slow Voltturn to get them in, and that is where Chinchou comes in. Not only is it basically the only Rotom-Frost switchin, but I also set the Speed so that Chinchou is slower than Klang. That way Chinchou sees what Klang will do, and go into Abra if it Shift Gears or Stoutland if it Gear Grinds. Amazing. After that I knew that I really needed a wincon, so that is where Swords Dance Jumpluff comes in. Jumpluff is fast, hits like a truck, shares a lot of counters with Stoutland (so Stoutland breaks them down first), can put things to sleep (which is death in BW), and is overall a great mon. After that I needed a rocker so I went with Gigalith so I wasn't too weak to Ice and also gained a very strong wallbreaker along with a rocker and Normal/Flying resist...and you can bop Natu pretty hard as well. Last mon is Simipour mainly because I wanted a mon that was faster than everything with a scarf and was a strong special attacker so Simipour fits the bill. Very fun team, I recommend.

Reject Teams:

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack

Dwebble @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash

Volbeat @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Taunt

Fraxure @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Dragon Claw
- Aqua Tail

Beheeyem @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack

Natu @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Night Shade
- U-turn

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick
- Healing Wish

This team is more like a thesis on the tier's dynamics than anything, but it's still hilariously fun.

1. Lead with Fraxure. If they have a Steel then use Superpower. Otherwise use Outrage.
  2. With Natu as the pivot, use Beheeyem/Dodrio/Rotom-Frost to smash holes into your opponent. Sometimes sacking a mon for more damage is the best play. Just keep in mind that you have more wallbreakers than they have switchins.
  3. Sweep with Mr. Mime. Or, use Mr. Mime to heal up a wallbreaker who will win it for you. Choice is yours.
Every game plays out like this. It's great as a joke.

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Throh @ Choice Band
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Storm Throw
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Payback

Krokorok @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 180 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Jumpluff @ Flying Gem
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Encore
- U-turn

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Dwebble @ Custap Berry
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Jumpluff @ Flying Gem
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Encore
- U-turn

Banette @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Trick

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard
- Trick

Relicanth @ Stone Plate
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Dwebble @ Custap Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

Banette @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Trick

Jumpluff @ Flying Gem
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Encore
- U-turn

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Jumpluff @ Flying Gem
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Acrobatics
- Encore
- U-turn

Rotom-Frost @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

Monferno @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Zweilous @ Eviolite
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Gigalith @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 SpA
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Graveler @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
Bold Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Moonlight

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Scald
- Hurricane

From my PotW interview, placed here for posterity. If you are wondering how much I have grown as a BW builder in a few weeks, just look at this team and then the first 2 teams. Night and Day.

That's a lot of teams that were finished-but-rejected. I do not recommend them for any serious play but if you are learning the tier then some might be worth a shot. Some of these teams have notes at the bottom of the hides, but not all.

Overall I wanted to make this post to hopefully pump some blood into BW Teambuilding. I did plan on supplying a full list of every time HJAD and his Balance Sample showed up in the Bo3, but I had about 20 before I realized just how horrible everything really was. So please, build. It is very easy once you tinker enough to know what to look for. At the minimum, please use a different team.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

2 Smashers to break things from behind screens and the rest just does their basic stuff (rocks+aggron and other physical things check, fast pivot scarfer/cleaner, nifty offensive defogger). HP Fighting on Rotom helps you not get 6-0d by Hail and just hitting Aurorus in general is really important but you can do wisp I guess, meh. I brought Kingler>Gorebyss on Teddeh, it was a change I was about to test before surprise we played early and I forgot to change it back. Turns out that was a bad idea because it totally stops you from doing the original concept of overloading special walls and you can't break TangLax. Overall I do feel like there's likely room to improve this, or even just experiment to the point where it's a totally different but better version of the concept, but did want to share the shiny new gimmick.
Turtonator @ White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Mesprit @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- U-turn
- Psychic

Mudsdale @ Yache Berry
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot

Rotom-Frost @ Icium Z
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Don't Let Me Down - The Beatles

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Drill Run
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Scald
- Earth Power

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up

This was a team that I rated in the rmt room a few weeks back and that I further adapted into this current build. I built this team around Lycanroc, as it was something that I previously had never used. I added gurdurr, seeing as they possess the ability to wear down each other's checks, with Lycanroc having the ability to wear down Mesprit, Weezing and Clefairy while
gurdurr has the ability to decimate Lycanroc's checks, with some notable examples being gorgeist, ferroseed and gastrodon opposing gurdurr. Both mons also provided the team with an amazing matchup to both offensive and bulkier builds alike, really only struggling versus weather archetypes and incredibly well built stall builds. I decided to add mesprit, as it provided the team with a comfortable matchup versus offence as the team, as the team previously relied on setup to reliably beat offence, so having comfortable speed control was essential. It also provided additional support in the form of healing wish support and a ground resist, as well as providing a decent answer to 'mons such as primeape, hitmonchan and togedemaru, while weakening lili in range of lycanroc's and gurdurr's priority. At this point, the team was substancially weak to all variants of oricorio-g, lilligant, opposing mesprit and jynx, so Skuntank was an essential pick. It also gave the team hazard control, which is important, due to the large majority of the team being susceptible to spikes. At this point, breakers such as Swanna and Kingler tremendously threatened the team, so Gastrodon was added. This also alleviates the balance matchup, as it's able to cripple walls such as audino and gorgeist on the switch. At this point, stall was still a relatively large threat to the team, so I added Clefairy - specifically a cm + rocks set. This set - which i stole directly from ou - gave the team a more consistent answer to aurorus, as well as primeape and spritomb, even setting up on the listed 'mons sans a blizzard-locked aurorus.

Truthfully, it will be sad seeing Gastrodon and potentially ferroseed leave the tier, but it will be interesting to see how the meta develops in the upcoming weeks.

Ktütverde

of course
Ave Corsola, moratori te salutant

watch dis (Crabominable) @ Metronome
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Bulk Up

As corsola said (Corsola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Rock Blast
- Mirror Coat
- Endeavor

Creativity (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Defog

Cute cute cute (Clefairy) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled

Douglas spyglass (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Transform

Was fun (Gourgeist-Super) @ Grassium Z
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Synthesis

Hello! This is a semi-serious team, which means built very seriously around something bad but with a little little little niche. My challenge was to make 10 "viable" corsola teams, which is hard, because I often found myself removing corsola and putting lanturn or audino. But I finally realised corsola helped a lot one mon in PU (I couldn't find any other great corsola core): clefairy. Indeed, clefairy struggles versus pyroar with taunt or specs after some prior damage, and cant safely switch into specs aurorus due to blizzard being able to 2Hko depending on your luck. Also, clef provides a status absorber and stealth rock setter plus is a fighting resist, so very cool mon. Corsoclef core then. I made it physically defensive so it becomes a reliable chan resist (freeze is broken btw), can softboil vs ape and thus scout it, while being a ferro/tomb counter ; Spdef clef+corsola is redundant.

The rest of the team: gourgeist because kingler destroys corsoclef, and as a gurdurr counter. Skunk for tspikes and defog and being good, no need for chan because corsola+clef tanks any special hit bar eelektross's. I could have added a drampa for that but I realized my core supported crabominable well and since it was a team for ladder, crab was my obv pick as a stallkiller. It also resists ice so freezedry aurorus doesn't instawin. Ditto is weird but can somewhat switch into eelektross vs BO and deal with HO (alolachu, SS costa, etc). Wish clefairy was added to support ditto and help gourgeist which is worn down easily. Crab loves wish and beats crotomb anyway so no need for moon clef.
Metronome is for pyukumuku. The speed evs to outspeed base 50 like eel.

I kept it short, here is my corsola post, I had to do it, and I hope you enjoyed it :]

Last edited:

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
The VR post where I used these teams can be found here

Ampharos Rain
Christopher Robin (Ampharos) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Counter
- Volt Switch

S+ (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Palm Duck Thing (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Elite Beat (Volbeat) @ Damp Rock
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Encore

stinky boi (Skuntank) @ Black Sludge
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

Kabu (Kabutops) (M) @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Ampharos is obviously one of the 3 rain setters on the team. I chose Ampharos here because I wanted a bulky rain setter and slow pivot as Mesprit was already setting Stealth Rocks and providing support with Healing Wish. Ludicolo being one of the two Rain sweepers on the team has Rain Dance itself so it can self set if need be otherwise it comes in after a slow pivot out and most often kills something with pump. Volbeat is the 3rd and Rain setter on the team. It also utilizes Thunder-Wave to cripple opposing offensive Pokemon. Skuntank is the teams hazard remover as it the team is heavily pressured by Toxic Spikes. Finally our Physical Rain abuser Kabutops can sweep opposing teams or just clean late game when the opposing team is full of Paralyzed Pokemon.

Magnetic Flex Balance
Sir Bobblehead (Ampharos) (M) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Plus
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Magnetic Flux
- Charge Beam

S+ (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Big Momma (Primeape) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Gunk Shot

Mr.Tomb (Spiritomb) (M) @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Weezer (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Green Machine (Lurantis) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Superpower
- Synthesis

So I decided there was no way I was going to get taken seriously with my VR post unless I tried this set that's been floating around the ladder recently. So I built this team around Magnetic Flux Ampharos which honestly isn't to bad in my opinion. Mesprit sets up rocks and provides Healing Wish support when the time comes. Choice Scarf Primeape, being the prominent pokemon it is, helps with revenge killing as well as cleaning out steel types which Ampharos can struggle with. Spiritomb is able to Pursuit trap the likes of Mesprit and Sensu as well as Will-O-Wisp any Physical threats that may be on the opposing team. Furthermore who doesn't love more Berry users? Weezing is able to apply Toxic-Spikes which in turn applies more pressure to the opposing team. Flamethrower is used here to further the Steel-type destruction so Ampharos has an easier time setting up and winning. Finally the hazard remover is Lurantis. Also Big thanks to allstarapology for pointing me in the right direction with the last Pokemon

HEALING WISH CHERRIM OFFENSE
Description:
Cherrim has always been underpowered, as well as underrated. For this team, I decided to create it around for the one and only cherry god, Cherrim. The team is made up of Golem, a tanky revenge killer and a hazard lead with a great ability complementing its chances to successfully setup: Sturdy. Sometimes though, especially when you see the opponent has another entry hazard setter that outspeeds/counters Golem, you want to start with Misdreavus instead, a tanky staller, and sometimes when given the right opportunities, a great stallbreaker. Golem and Misdreavus form the team's main damage-soakers.
Then we got three hyper offensive pokemons, Fraxure, a powerful physical dragon type that needs at least one turn to setup before sweeping.
Rapidash, a physical fire type great for taking down the likes of physcally frail pokemons such as Roselia. I decided to make Rapidash more utility focused, with Will-o-Wisp and Morning Sun, just to raise its chances of survivability over the course of the game.
Then we got Ursaring, another hyper offensive pokemon. Just a strong, yet frail wallbreaker, something simple yet very effective in all offensive teams.
Now here comes Cherrim! All of the three offensive pokemons mentioned above are pretty frickin frail, and needs some kind of "lifeline". With a decent special attack and a decent speed stat, along with mediocre defenses plus a large offensive movepool coupled with Healing Wish, Cherrim becomes a great offensive healing wish user that complements this team perfectly. Now for the items you should consider either Life Orb, Leftovers or Sitrus Berry. In general, Life Orb is the best option for Cherrim’s offensive movepool, however you should keep an extra eye out for Cherrim’s health bar.
Try it out! You're welcome.

Importable:
Cherrim @ Life Orb
Ability: Flower Gift
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Synthetis

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Low Kick
- Taunt

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Protect

Rapidash @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp

Golem @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hex
- Destiny Bond

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
Hi again!

I've been playing PU for 3 months now, and built more than a couple of teams. The low quality of ladder and rare tournaments haven't allowed me to test them as much as I wanted to. It has been quite frustrating to build so many teams and have no place where to test them well, so I will just post them here since I will probably won't be able to use them at all. I hope this will bring to light some cool sets that I've found very effective despite most of my test games being roomtours or ladder. Besides tier shifts are going to happen soon, and even though ferro/gastro/stout aren't mons I like using, the new meta may be unfavorable for these squads. Feel free to steal and criticize. Enjoy!

1) TOPKEC

Kecleon+spikes HyperOffense. Lead aggron with sturdy is incredibly good and can destroy ferroclefs team on its own. Roselia is the tspikes absorber, soft fighting check, gastrodon check, and is mainly here as a semi suicide setter: put the skunk to sleep and get spikes up. It synergizes with aggron bc aggron deals with mesprit, skuntank and sensu to some extent, and roselia checks water, ground and fighting mons. Z-fight ape was an idea of user darkinium under the alt dewgongium, that's why it's called this way. Scarf mesprit+spiritomb can clean games and act as "speed control" despite being slow, but the team focuses on spikes+priority so it works.

Aggron's spread, which I will explain in the creative sets thread, is to come back to 100% HP after rocks+lefties, even though they are supposed to be 1/16 both with aggron, I found myself using an aggron with 99% HP after lefties, so I put a number divisible by 16 and it worked (28evs in HP).

2) Petal Blizzard

A team based on Lurantis+regirock, a pretty solid core. Lurantis deals with kingler thanks to a physical spread that outspeeds eelektross. Resttalk is its best set since synthesis doesnt heal enough for such a slow mon, and rest protects it from statuses. Also thanks to contrary you can consider it has two stabs so you always are happy whatever move is selected via sleeptalk. Knock Off clefairy allows it to weaken weezing way faster, so lurantis can sweep more easily. Special skunk is mandatory as a weezing counter, facade kanga is there for weezing too so u can lure it before turn10 and start putting pressure with lurantis.

3) Monster Munch

A team built around a core made by 2xTheTap : https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-good-cores.3613016/page-2#post-7648117. I didn't keep the same sets but they work very well, so well that I've played almost 100 games with this team and lost only once or twice as far as I remember, even though ladder doesn't mean anything. It's super easy to use and is my first attempt to Hyper Offense in PU, which is apparently an unreliable playstyle. Lead lycanrock with endeavour is super deadly and forces many switches, because if people try to counter it with gurdurr then they lose their zangoose check, same with regirock, togedemaru... So LycanGoose is a good offensive core. AV tomb is necessary to check Sensu and swanna which are too fast for HO mons. The Tomb set tanks one +1 SSSS froms sensu after rocks and traps it, helps vs sun and rain too. Trapping fast sensu is necesarry when using BD goose. Gurdurr benefits from the trapping too and either weakens walls for zangoose to sweep or the inverse scenario. Weezing is a glue and fits well in HO due to its utility moves like taunt/wow/memento/tspikes and ability to check fighting types easily. Silv dragon is a glue (vs lanturn/eel/kingler as well as parting shot support and late game cleaner.

Stall Matchup: Taunt the defogger (cuno/drampa/silvally usually), get tspikes up, and then go immediately into gurdurr or goose to force pyuku to be poisoned. Zangoose is immune to poison so u can ppstall pyuku and break through the team with gurd and gooose.

4) Hat

A team based on Munchlax+Shiinotic. They share great synergy since shiinotic beats gurdurr easily and weaken the opposing team with leech/statuses while munchlax beats pyroar/aurorus. I've been already told shiinotic isnt good and tangela better, but that isn't true, they do different things. Shiinotic is necessary here because it underspeeds all the trick room sweepers and prevents crabominable 6-0s for exemple. It also beats crotomb which is necessary when using munchlax. Gurdurr is the alolaslash check, besides it checks hitmonchan quite easily. It is also a secondary wincon, but makes the team very slow. Skuntank provides defog and a toxic spikes absorber, which is absolutely necessary for shii and gurdurr. Regirock is made offensive to break ferroclef teams, while mesprit is specs so as to have one pokemon hitting hard and thus able to put pressure. Skunk+mesprit is a pseudo Healing wish core which turns gurdurr and regirock into very dangerous pokemon.

Munch has toxic so as to break past aguav/glasses tomb and pyukumuku, as well as sensu. You can try using pompom/sensu over mesprit too, but the latter provides instant power for revenge killing as well as healing wish.

5) Gourclef

Ferroseed is great but forces you to build quite defensively with ferro+clef+fighting counter+mons not too weak to rocks since the team focuses on spike stacking. This team uses gourgeist+clef, which are actually great together, as the only defensive backbone of a very aggressive team. They beat all the fighting types together and check most of the meta. Gourg also walls kingler. Then Silv-dragon removes toxicspikes, deals with eelektross and is a secondary kingler check. It also checks pyroar which can beat clef. Scarf roar is for Lilli and sandslash alola which both destroy the defensive core, and dugtrio+kingler have good synergy in their typing and ability to take down grass types throughout the game so they can sweep. Dug also beats clef which is a big problem for standard ferroclefs, which rely on clef vs clef wars or hard predictions with kangaskhan/kingler to beat opposing clefs.

I'm very proud of these teams even though I don't use them often since I'm the dude using semi unviable mons every day even though they don't work well, but I would be glad if the teams above help some people here, they are quite solid and not troll. I would like to say how great sturdy aggron is, as well as how underrated silvally dragon and gourgeist-super are. See ya !

Meowstic Full Gimmick (Assist team. Mind blown idea of tafugu ) (team for fun but built seriously)

Assist meow + probability. The team has several non assistable moves like counter and tranform, and several healing moves/boosting moves. Indeed, meow needs one offensive move able to hit spiritomb and skuntank, so I chose mindblown (no recoil when assisted! gg tafugu for discovering this). But if u just have recover+mindblown+Calmmind, u will use mindblown every 3 moves, which sucks bc u want to boost as quick as possible and then click assist until u hit the darktype trying to ppstall you with mindblown. So I tried to reduce the probability of using mindblown by adding more recovery moves and boosting moves. I let you calc the probabilities: Mind blown is 1/8.

Natu and granbull help bringing meowstic safely via ejectbutton and by forcing status users out: for exemple, natu ppstalls weezing. Pyuku is -spdef and 9ivs so it dies to +1 gigadrain of lilligant without lifeorb and Kos it with innards out. Ditto copies boosting mons like absol and becomes able to use moves without causing assist issues. Super fun team :]

Last edited:

Darkinium

the mighty nuaguunibi
[23:09] allstarapology: do you have a shifts team
[23:10] Darkinium: n
[23:10] Darkinium: i don't even have a non shifts team LOL
[23:10] Darkinium: i only have one which im never gonna use bc j never play
[23:10] Darkinium: probably gonna squad dump it for likes
[23:10] allstarapology: rip

Belly Drum Zangoose + Choice Scarf Skuntank
Zangoose @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Immunity
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Skuntank @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Memento

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 152 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Clefairy @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Taunt
This team started when I was talking about Choice Scarf Skuntank. After listing off some of its perks I realized it was all BD Zangoose could ever want: Memento, Pursuit + Ghost answer... It's even better when you remember that most people keep Offensive Oricorio-Sensu and Haunter in on Skuntank hoping to play around it with Substitute, making great bait for a quick Crunch or Pursuit. Then I realized it was garbage against Regirock and Ferroseed, so I added on a Hitmonchan... Then I needed a defensive core... One thing led to another and I ended up with your standard hazard core of Clefairy + Ferroseed + Hitmonchan + Spinblocker.

Just a note, always remember to get Spiritomb off the field, as it otherwise needs to be played around by stalling Sucker Punch PP as letting it land will usually end in a short-lived sweep. This applies to fast Ghosts and Normal resists in general, but those are way easier to hit: there's no need to remove FatSensu as Zangoose outspeeds and rips it apart with Knock Off, and Offensive variants and Haunter usually stay in, as mentioned earlier. Togedemaru is worn down easily by Ferroseed, whose Spikes facilitate a sweep overall.

Another version of the team I've theorized but haven't gotten around to build yet is using Memento Spiritomb over Choice Scarf Skuntank, and anothee Choice Scarf user over Oricorio-Sensu. Rearranges the roles a bit, perhaps with the result of a better build, who knows? If you're interested, Alolan Dugtrio, Weezing, Pyukumuku, and Dusknoir are some other funky Memento users that can not only work alongside Zangoose, but other sweepers as well.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb / Scald
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond

Dusknoir @ Choice Band
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Trick

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon / Hidden Power [Rock]

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Strength Sap
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Sandslash-Alola @ Icium Z
Ability: Slush Rush
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Swords Dance

So, I originally made this team in Week 4 of PUPL, in anticipation of Week 5. I wanted to build something a little outside the box for me and decide a really offensive hail team would probably to the trick (as I don't think I've ever used Alolan Sandslash). I also never really used Qwilfish, so I thought it'd also be another fantastic choice.

So Qwilfish is a slightly weird set. Destiny Bond is more commonplace than it used to be but the weird move is definitely Sludge Bomb. I really don't see the need for Liquidation as much, because you're not even beating things like Aggron or Aurorus 1v1, and Sludge Bomb gives you the ability to not lose to a +2 Attack Kingler too. Rest is standard. Scald can be used over Sludge Bomb however, for a more standard version.

Dusknoir is a very cool Pokemon right now. Strong priority, good attack, one of the best spinblockers, Dusknoir really just fits on Spikes teams extremely well. Pretty standard Choice Band Dusknoir, with enough Speed for standard base 50s.

Aurorus is just a stupidly good Pokemon right now and a fantastic wallbreaker, although this set is a bit out of the ordinary. I put Stealth Rock on the Choice Specs set as a part of some weird role compression that actually works due to the ludicrous amount of switches Aurorus actually forces. Last slot I prefer Flash Cannon to always beat other Aurorus' 1v1, but Hidden Power Rock is also good.

Jumpluff is another underrated Pokemon in the current meta. A great speed tier combined with a sleep-inducing move is always a welcome sight for more offensive teams, as it cripples would be switchins to a lot of the Pokemon on my team. Strength Sap also lets you beat any Gurdurr 1v1 and means you don't resort to Drain Punching it with a minimal attack Regirock. U-turn is also an option over Swords Dance though, for a more utility-based set.

Type: Null is a Pokemon I quite often fall back on in building, but it's hard not too in Aurorus and Pyroar meta. Now this set is quite weird, like others mentioned earlier, but man is this effective as hell. Hidden Power Ground backed by a good special attack stat means I'm able to abuse loads of standard switchins like Aggron (which is extremely hard to check at the moment), Alolan Sandslash, and Aurorus. Really this move should be used more.

Final slot is Alolan Sandslash. It offers speed control under hail and emergency hazard removal if needed. A great sweeper right now with Swords Dance + its Z move. It's also able to check quite a few Stealth Rock setters too which is nice.

Overall this team, while rather unorthodox, is stupidly solid in the current meta, with few big weaknesses. This team also won in PUPL, must be good.

Edit: I know this team is a far shot off of most samples, but I do think that even strange ones that are still able to function as they should, should get a shot. Means we're not stuck with like 2-3 samples per meta.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hazard Stack Offense:

Download.png Download (1).png Download (2).png Download (5).png Download (4).png Download (3).png

Team: https://pokepast.es/fd5004a9145ed006

Hello,

I made a team around the new drop, which is Froslass. It is able to set up Spikes and is also able to cripple down the opposing team
with Thunder Wave. Shadow Ball and Ice Beam are too good STABs and the latter gets boosted by Never-Melt-Ice.
The second Member is Pyroar, cause it has a good breaking power with Firium Z Fire Blast, it has also the ability to Taunt
the opposing Mon and keep it away from Defogging the Hazards, which was layed by Froslass and Mesprit. Mesprit has the Colbur Berry to survive Dark Type hits from Skuntank and also
is able to Minimize the Damage from Knock Off, Healing Wish to give a breaker like Pyroar a Second Life and U-Turn for Momentum.
U-Turn is also a Slot-Option on Scarfed Primeape, which gives you Momentum + Speed Control. Gunk Shot to hit Faries pretty hard, Stone Edge for opposing Mons like Swanna, Oricorio-Sensu and Aurorus.
Hazard Control is given by Skuntank, it Defogs Rocks & Spikes away, while soaking up T-Spikes, Black Sludge for the necessary Recovery and I choose the Physical Set,
because it forces the opponent into some mind games due to Sucker Punch and it also has a Strong second STAB in Poison Jab.
Last but not least the last Member of this team, which is Agility 3 Attacks Kingler.
It is one of the most dangerous PKMN in the tier and has good breaking potential even without a Swords Dance. Agility for Speed Control,
Liquidation which gets boosted by Life Orb and Sheer Force, Knock Off and Superpower as the Coverage Moves.
If you want you can go for Swords Dance to hit even harder like it usually is able to.

I wish everyone has loads of fun using my Hazard Stack Offense build.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Liquidation
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Liquidation
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Pyroar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Skuntank @ Poisonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Explosion
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 152 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
So I threw together this team for getting reqs while half awake this morning with the general mindset of "spikes are broken, so is kingler" and this is the result. Dual Spikes Qwilfish is rlly annoying, rocky helmet fucks with Chan trying to spin, with Taunt he somehow managed to break the one stall team I fought. Kingler is Kingler, Superpower probably should've been subbed for Tantrum because I never really found myself clicking it in a meta without Ferro but Liquidation kills virtually anything anyhow so who really cares. Scarf Pyroar has good offensive synergy with Kingler and also gives me a safety net against the massive amounts of enemy kinglers I came across. Z-Poison Jab Explosion Skuntank was originally SD Pawniard who I changed to Skunk for emergency Defog, which I then removed in favor of Explosion (which only helped once against a transformed ditto who exploded on me) but in theory it should net some momentum to bring in the busted Krab. Poison Z dicks on Hitmonchan even though I already have Qwil and Mesprit for dicking him, I guess I just hate Chan a lot.

My "defensive core" is Mesprit+Chan because I'd rather stuff like Primeape and Aurorus didn't eat my ass. Also Healing Wish onto 4% Kingler is always a nice feeling.

Mostly uninteresting and generic but it preformed well enough for my purposes, ban Kingler

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher

Liepard @ Damp Rock
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Encore

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp

Qwilfish @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Jet
- Explosion

Kabutops @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Mesprit @ Damp Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Rain Dance
- U-turn

Rain Offense is, and always will be, ridiculous. Just want to mention that this is the main team I used to help me get reqs in the Kingler suspect test, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it worked out as people aren't preparing for weather as much.
I initially wanted to build around Qwilfish, and thought that Rain might be a good way to abuse its offensive potential. Liepard and Mesprit are my main rain setters, the latter also providing Stealth Rocks and rarely clicking Rain Dance. Mesprit also gave me a good way to deal with Hitmonchan's and Gurdurr's Mach Punch which are the more common forms of priority found on balance builds. Kabutops and Ludicolo were added since they were mainstays on Rain and helped to break stuff for Qwilfish to clean (or vice versa). Finally, we have Froslass for Spikes which pressures more bulky builds to remove them, giving more opportunities to set up rain or to straight up break teams.

• Qwilfish and Ludicolo could always run Speed boosting natures instead, helping them outspeed a ton of stuff outside of Rain (most notable being fast Skuntank) but I appreciate hitting harder as both these mons don't have the best attacking stats.
  • Taunt can be used over Destiny Bond on Froslass if you want to keep hazards up, but you lose the opportunity to take down one mon on the opposing team with you. Also, Icy Wind is an option over Ice Beam if you want more utility (and Avalanche is a meme)
  • Focus Sash on Froslass is situational, since most people kind of expect it to always have it anyway. It's always nice to be guaranteed to live from full HP and always get a Spike up. For other items, I'd recommend Colbur Berry to better handle Gurdurr and Skuntank; or Never-Melt Ice/Icicle Plate to fake the sash and deal more damage on Ice Beam.
  • Qwilfish does get Swords Dance, but it can't learn it with Aqua Jet since it's Gen 3 transfer only instead of being learnable by TM.
  • Can always run 248 HP / 164+ Def / 96 Spe to hit the benchmark to outspeed positive Base 50s (and possibly Hitmonchan now, not sure about this sorry)

Threats
  • Skuntank: To Froslass's ire, this mon is super common. Nothing on the team appreciates switching in (since Mesprit is running Damp Rock instead of Colbur) and nothing likes eating Sucker Punches. It defogs on both Mesprit and Froslass and threatens to KO both. The way I handled Skunk is mainly through Froslass and Wisping it as soon as it gets in, allowing me to survive one hit (if not from full) and play around it with Destiny Bond. Hazards aren't as important as compared to getting rid of priority users (re-iterated down in the Tips section)
  • Gurdurr: If you lose Mesprit, prepare for a tough time. Mesprit was mainly added to deal with this mon anyway, and it can take +1 Knock Off without Colbur berry anyway.
  • Lilligant: If it gets +1, you better get Rain up. If it gets +2, definitely click x. Solution: don't let it set up. Pressure it as much as possible, play more aggressively with the three water mons since they all have their own way of punishing Lilli setting up.
  • Any Electric type: Stacking 3 waters on a team is just begging to get wrecked by Grass and Electric mons. My answer: Sac Mesprit and Liepard to get of Rain so you can ignore these mild inconveniences.
  • Scarf Pyroar: Ban it.
Tips
  • Personally, I always lead Froslass regardless of match up. Getting up that Spike puts so much pressure on the enemy's hazard removal. Additionally, most hazard removal i.e. Skunk and Chan are also their teams from of priority, so taking them down early is largely beneficial and probably should be your number 1 priority.
  • Play aggressively. It's almost hyper offense anyway, losing one or two mons shouldn't be too detrimental as long as Rain is still up.
  • On Mesprit, I rarely click Rain Dance anyway. Getting damage off on the opponent is more beneficial in getting free switch ins and cleaning late game.
  • Aqua Jet is really useful when Rain ends, obviously. Also, Explosion on Qwilfish also helps to prevent hazard removal, if you want to keep them up that bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)