Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

I built a mono-pink team just for a goof and the sake of it being Valentine's day, but I've had surprising success with this particular set. I'm just really liking the toll it takes on teams once strong physical attackers are weakened/removed. The -Spe and 0 EV's is to minimize damage taken from Ferroseed's Gyro Ball. Any team build that lets this set work to its fullest would be greatly appreciated by me. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I would like to request a team based around LO Pyroar.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power Grass
- Flamethrower / Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

I'm afraid I don't have much to say besides I come and go from the competitive scene and things change so much in my absence I don't know where to begin building new teams. Pyroar fits the bill as a glass cannon: 109 SpAtk and 106 Spe behind 110 and 90 BP STABs is a scary prospect to face, but on the other hand, its SR-weak typing and lack of defensive stats make it hard to switch in. I imagine thus that Pyroar fits best on a HO team, so I would like to request that (or just straight offense) from the builders.

Thanks! :psyglad:

TONE

Get your bitch a cannon. Bitches love cannons.
is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CptDylan

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 152 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Play Rough / Iron Tail
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Miltank @ Normalium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 144 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Double-Edge
- Milk Drink
- Toxic

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Sorry this took so long to get out, but here is the Absol team. I know you requested Hyper Offesne, but as I was building the team, mons just fell into place and this was the end result I came up with,but onto the team itself. I changed the Absol set to SD making it a formidible wallbreaker and also boosting the power of its moves with Knock Off and Sucker Punch being manditory. The coverage move is more about what your own preference as both options are fine. Play Rough helps with other Dark-types such as Spiritomb and opposing Absol as well as nailing Fighting types such as Hitmonchan and Gurdurr. Iron Tail on the other hand does allow Absol to deal with Fairy-types such as Clefairy, Silvally-Fairy, and Granbull. To complement SD Absol, I decided on Gurdurr as it appreciates Absol checking Psychic-types such as Mesprit and Iron Tail Absol helps with Fairies which gives Gurdurr issues and in return, Gurdur can switch in on Scalds, Will-o-Wisps, and Toxics for Absol and boost the power of its attacks. Its EV spread has been adjusted a bit from the standard set as Gurdurr is a bit bulkier as the exra Defense investment helps it avoid being 2HKOed by Stoutland Choice Band Adamant Return from full HP. Next was some momentum with Specs Mesprit and Scarf Togedemaru. Mesprit providing some offensive prowess with Specs boosted Psychic and fits very well here seeing how Gurdurr can switch in on Dark-typesand get rid of or eliminated them outright as well as Steel-types such as Aggron and Togedemaru making Psychic more spammable. U-Turn is nice for momentum and Healing Wish is very handly for bringing back either Gurdurr or Absol allowing you to be a bit more reckless in the early game if you so choose. Togedemaru provides the speed and is here to handle sweepers like Jynx and Lilligant at +1 and outspeeds Scarf Primeape too which is also nice. Lastly is the defensive backbone of the team being Miltank + Altaria. Miltank provides Stealth Rock and is the Aurorus and Pyroar switchin thanks to Thick Fat. The EV spread is a bit more convoluted than the other sets, but it does allow for some important benchmarks, mainly having enough Speed investment to outrun Hitmonchan and standard Magmortar whereas the 48 Attack EVs guarentee that Z-Double-Edge from Miltank will OHKO Pyroar after Stealth Rock damage. As for Altaria, it acts as the defogger and Fighting check which the team lacked as well as the secondary status absorber with Natural Cure. Some things to look out for is stuff like SubCM Oricorio-Sensu which can set up on Miltank and Altaria and also scares out Gurdurr. The team also doesn't have a true Normal switchin either so Pokemon like Kangaskhan and Stoutland can be annoying, but can be played around nonetheless. Enjoy the team!

hi friends, I'm an awful builder looking for a team around Choice Band Liepard since it's been a while since I've seen this mon being played at all

Liepard @ Choice Band
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn

Basically the standard set but with Gunk Shot over Play Rough since Sableye isn't super common anymore and Spiritomb takes a ton from Knock but feel free to keep it standard if it better fits the team. Leaning towards a more bulky offense or even balance build but I really dig any playstyle other than stall which I doubt this set would fit on so up to the builder. thanks fam

Hey guys,
ist there anyone who has built a zweilous team? Something like a choice band one with hustle hits kinda hard I rekon. I know it's not the most competetive mon but maybe there is a way to make it work.

I <3 THRRO

Hi!

I have a tough challenge for you: making a good/plusgood (doubleplusgood if you are on fire) team around a pokemon I just find awful despite being ranked B: throh. I dont know how that thing should be played because of how easy it is to stop it and how stronger gurdurr is. I mostly used it with ferroseed, as a phazer but it happens to be useless most of the time (throh, not ferrogod). If you can make a cool squad around throh, that isnt too slow spikes weak etc that would be extremely helpful. I especially fear aurorus and ghosts when using throh because how slow my teams are and how easy it is for ghosts to switchin. Good Luck!

+

Throh @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

OR

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

+

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

If you think bulkup/knock is better and guts/moldbreaker better tell me. Moldbreaker is mainly because throh will spent hours sleeping so guts can be replaced by moldbreaker and therefore give you a wincon vs stall teams (unaware), because i guess the team will need speed control/support and wont have a lot of room left for a wallbreaker. Lastly, if ferroseed doesnt synergize well, tell me, too!

Thanks in advance :)

I would like to request a team built around agility Kingler, because I can't make teams. Thanks.

Noctowl @ Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Night Shade
- Roost

noctowl is my favorite pokemon and I wanted to use it for a while but i cant seem to build a team around it
Right so i've been holding off posting because i've been wanting to use stuff during PU seasonal, but since the week is over then tadah!

Noctowl @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Agility
- Roost

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Toxic

The first thing I did was change the Noctowl set since the requested set struggles to find a niche in the metagame, whereas Agility Work-up has proven itself to be a deadly set and thus what it's most known for. With that in mind I wanted to take advantage of Noctowls abiltiy to break flying resists with Tinted Lens, so I paired it with Archeops. Since I was going for flying spam, I wanted to make Archeops U-Turn to keep momentum against Stealth Rockers like Regirock to prevent them from being up for as long as possible. Archeops is really fun to pair with hazards for calcs like 2HKOing Gastrodon on switch with a Spike layer. Because of this I decided to run a standard hazard core of defensive Mesprit, Ferroseed and Assault Vest Hitmonchan for hazard removal. Finally to round out the team was speed control, and the team was currently very weak to Togedemaru once Ferroseed was gone, so I added Iron Barbs Togedemaru. It also helps to check Scarf Primeape once it's chipped, which is helpful since Primeape gives the team issues otherwise.

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Superpower

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- Toxic

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Trick

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower

Miltank @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Posting this on behalf of LordST for Toy Time King and Hugh Neutron 's request for Agility Kingler

"The team started with Kingler, Togedemaru and Eelektross, working from the idea of a strong breaker with Voltturn to get it in safely. Within this core you have Scarf Togedemaru, the team's main form of speed control which threatens mons such as Lilligant which try to revenge or abuse Kingler. Eelektross was then added as glue for the core, covering the initial weaknesses against Palossand, Swanna and Gastrodon. At the start the team was made for the Passimian meta, which explains the Weezing and previously defensive Mesprit. Since Passimian was banned Weezing was kept as a reliable fighting check, but defensive Mesprit has been changed to Scarf. This provides the team with more offensive pressure and the handy ability to hinder walls such as Clefairy and Ferroseed with Trick while still having the option of Stealth Rocks. The final slot ended up being Offensive Miltank, sacrificing reliable recovery in Milk Drink to maximise coverage and have Toxic to cripple the likes of Gastrodon."

Expect a Gastrodon Weezing team very soon, but for now I need sleep.

Right so i've been holding off posting because i've been wanting to use stuff during PU seasonal, but since the week is over then tadah!

Noctowl @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Work Up
- Agility
- Roost

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rapid Spin

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Toxic

The first thing I did was change the Noctowl set since the requested set struggles to find a niche in the metagame, whereas Agility Work-up has proven itself to be a deadly set and thus what it's most known for. With that in mind I wanted to take advantage of Noctowls abiltiy to break flying resists with Tinted Lens, so I paired it with Archeops. Since I was going for flying spam, I wanted to make Archeops U-Turn to keep momentum against Stealth Rockers like Regirock to prevent them from being up for as long as possible. Archeops is really fun to pair with hazards for calcs like 2HKOing Gastrodon on switch with a Spike layer. Because of this I decided to run a standard hazard core of defensive Mesprit, Ferroseed and Assault Vest Hitmonchan for hazard removal. Finally to round out the team was speed control, and the team was currently very weak to Togedemaru once Ferroseed was gone, so I added Iron Barbs Togedemaru. It also helps to check Scarf Primeape once it's chipped, which is helpful since Primeape gives the team issues otherwise.

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Superpower

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- Toxic

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Trick

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Flamethrower

Miltank @ Normalium Z
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

Posting this on behalf of LordST for Toy Time King and Hugh Neutron 's request for Agility Kingler

"The team started with Kingler, Togedemaru and Eelektross, working from the idea of a strong breaker with Voltturn to get it in safely. Within this core you have Scarf Togedemaru, the team's main form of speed control which threatens mons such as Lilligant which try to revenge or abuse Kingler. Eelektross was then added as glue for the core, covering the initial weaknesses against Palossand, Swanna and Gastrodon. At the start the team was made for the Passimian meta, which explains the Weezing and previously defensive Mesprit. Since Passimian was banned Weezing was kept as a reliable fighting check, but defensive Mesprit has been changed to Scarf. This provides the team with more offensive pressure and the handy ability to hinder walls such as Clefairy and Ferroseed with Trick while still having the option of Stealth Rocks. The final slot ended up being Offensive Miltank, sacrificing reliable recovery in Milk Drink to maximise coverage and have Toxic to cripple the likes of Gastrodon."

Expect a Gastrodon Weezing team very soon, but for now I need sleep.

YEAHHHHHH THANK GOD ITS OVER IMA HAVE SOME FUN ON THIS LADDER HAHAAA

btw ty dibs

I’d like to request a team around this Luxray set I made:

Luxray @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang
- Facade
- Volt Switch

Flame Orb, Facade and Guts make a great combo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)