PU PUPL: General Admin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone, to avoid cluttering up the subforum with a bunch of threads I am going to make one thread for any and all decision-making matters pertaining to PUPL. Be sure to be on the lookout for later posts, as those will usually comprise of decisions that everyone should be aware of. This thread will contain match ups, season schedule, trades, and administrative decisions. For those who aren't privy of the auction logs, prices and players, they can be found here.

Managers, please give me your week one lineups at your earliest convenience, as the sooner I can have them all compiled, the sooner we'll able to start week one. After week one, if you miss a lineup submission before the week is posted, I will be reusing your previous week's lineup. Even if you're using your previous week's lineup, please PM me it anyways so that I don't have to wait for you.

As for trades, if you guys want any to be made official, please PM me your details. As mangers, I also expect explicit agreement outlined between both you and your competitor if you expect it to be made official.

Season Schedule:
Here are the event's match ups as follows:

Week 1:
The Bodybag Blametruths vs the Great Gastlys
The Jubilife Jumpluffs vs The Shoegazing Stoutlands
The Frivolous Fridges vs The Maverick Marowaks

Week 2:
The Bodybag Blametruths vs The Jubilife Jumpluffs
The Frivolous Fridges vs the Great Gastlys
The Maverick Marowaks vs The Shoegazing Stoutlands

Week 3:
The Bodybag Blametruths vs The Frivolous Fridges
The Maverick Marowaks vs The Jubilife Jumpluffs
The Shoegazing Stoutlands vs the Great Gastlys

Week 4:
The Bodybag Blametruths vs The Maverick Marowaks
The Shoegazing Stoutlands vs The Frivolous Fridges
the Great Gastlys vs The Jubilife Jumpluffs

Week 5:
The Bodybag Blametruths vs The Shoegazing Stoutlands
the Great Gastlys vs The Maverick Marowaks
The Jubilife Jumpluffs vs The Frivolous Fridges

Trades:

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Re: Preliminary decisions for XY PU

To start up the tournament, Garbodor and Chatter will be banned for this event in XY PU. Since these are official bans done in only ORAS PU and not XY PU, both of these bans will be explained accordingly.

It's been deemed unanimously by the council that Garbodor still remains an unhealthy presence in XY PU, as it turns the metagame into something that's heavily around hazards and hazard control. A lot of the points made in favor of banning it in ORAS PU remains largely unchanged in XY PU, and because of that, many argue that such a ban is long overdue. Its ease of hazards simply carries a very negative influence over a tier strapped for answers to them, and to help prevent XY PU matches from becoming too monotonous, I believe putting this ban in placement will be best for the event.

In a similar light, Chatter will also receive a ban. For those who aren't privy to the discussion we had about Chatter when we suspected it in ORAS, it was banned on the grounds that it's uncompetitive. It adds nothing to the metagame but a way for a player to completely turn the outcome of a match into their favor, provided luck is in their hands. The uncompetitive aspect of the move makes it too much of an issue for this event, and as such there's no reason for it to be legal.

Dell

majestic pride.
Re: Updates on preliminary XY PU decisions - SmashPass

I'll be adding Smash Pass to our banlist for this tournament. The match-up reliance problems found in ORAS PU's suspect remain arguably indistinguishable in XY PU, but to a greater extent in terms of effectiveness as the XY PU tier actually possesses an increased abundance of viable recipients (Bouffalant, Scyther, Altaria, etc.) and dual screeners to further aid Huntail's ability to perform in battle (Serperior, etc.). I'll reiterate that SmashPass is by no means unbeatable, but its presence means that games are essentially revolved around the opposing team's ability to respond to Huntail and its recipients (only defensive teams with phazing options can reliably stop all forms of its presence) while eliminating opportunities for them to reliably setup their own win conditions since focus must be put on dealing with said strategy. I don't want this sense of match-up reliance to result in a potentially stagnant, one-sided metagame for this tournament, and to address that, SmashPass will be added to the list of XY PU bans.

Dell

majestic pride.
RE: DPP NU Hail

So I've gotten some concerns about the presence in Hail in DPP NU for this tournament, and since I don't have any knowledge about said metagame, no adjustments were made towards the metagame when this started unlike in XY PU. I don't have any desire to make any notable changes in the middle of the round, so Hail will be allowed for Week 1.

Afterwards, I'll be composing a message to the players that have signed up for DPP NU, hosting a vote for whether Hail should be banned in the later rounds. Be on the lookout for this thread for results soon!

Standings after week 1

Team name | Points | Record (W/L/T) | Score (W-L)
Blametruths
| 2 | (1-0-0) | (5-3)
Fridges / Jumpluffs / Stoutlands / Marowaks | 1 | (0-0-1) | (4-4)
Gastlys | 0 | (0-1-0) | (3-5)

Dell

majestic pride.
Re: XY PU Garbodor and DPP Hail NU

With all of the talk going on about Garbodor's ban, I figure its best to clarify something. These bans are only of relevance to the tournament itself, rather than towards the respective metagames. We won't be responsible for doing any retro-bans (going back to old tiers and making official suspect tests/bans on things), but we're just doing bans that we feel are best for everyone's experience in the tournament. I'm going to try as few changes as possible, since I know that people are bound to be more naturally prepared for their standard metagames than the ones with slight alterations in place.

Speaking of Garbodor, people have brought up valid arguments in the fact that while it warps the metagame around itself, it addresses the potential problem with team matchup where its absence opens the door for much more potentially volatile Pokemon. It seems that enough XY PU players and managers prefer to keep Garbodor around and aren't worried about tournament battles becoming boring, so I'm fine with reverting this decision and unbanning for week 2 and onward. This decision is final.

Here are the DPP NU Hail votes among the DPP NU players: 6 Ban - 3 Do Not Ban

Hail will be banned for Week 2 and onward. Be on the lookout for Week 2 later today!

Dell

majestic pride.
Re: Mael vs Adaire

The two have already arranged their matches to get started and have played, but a minor setback arose when Mael used Probopass in their XY PU match. In spite of Mael winning convincingly, Probopass is not legal in PU, so I have to the make the match void.

Both players have agreed to and will have a rematch with no recreation and with different teams. They are expected to find another time to play by the deadline, which should be a reasonable amount time to find something agreed upon for both. For future references, please check out Magnemite's Past Metagames Viability rankings if you need a quick recap of what's legal for this tournament.

Standings after week 2

Team name | Points | Record (W-L-T) | Score (W-L)
Jumpluffs / Marowaks
| 3 | (1-0-1) | (9-7)
Gastlys / Blametruths | 2 | (1-1-0) | (8-8)
Fridges / Stoutlands | 1 | (0-1-1) | (7-9)

Dell

majestic pride.
re: Twix vs Detect Marowak

On turn 39 of their match, the timer that was set by Detect showed 60 seconds remaining, eventually going down to timeout, which resulted in the loss of Detect Marowak. Neither sent teams in advance.

The posts in favor of Detect Marowak brought up valid points, but there were several things that weren't considered that would have made different scenarios. I wouldn't say that Detective Marowak had the win 100%, as while it was in their favor, both teams had winning scenarios provided that they had ideal plays and scenarios. Sneasel and Raichu both died to Storm Throw at that point, and getting a successful attack on both would result in Throh being favored because of its ability to outstall Garbodor 1v1. Throh doesn't win guaranteed either, because it needs to predict said switches (or get favorable Sleep Talk rolls) and save at least 2 Storm Throw PP for Sneasel and Raichu. The point of guaranteed wins being a factor of this is when regardless of the scenario, there's no way for one side to win. Since that's not the case, Detect Marowak won't be given the win based off of this.

This brings us to the disconnection issue. Since neither teams were submitted to me prior to the battle starting, we can't recreate the match. Following the precedent made in this SPL post, Twix will be given the option to take the win or replay the match -- he chose to take the win.

Another point that I'll be making in regards to this post is that we're very disappointed in the overall conduct in the battle. There were condescending and derogatory behavior among a few people. Detective Marowak's behavior in particular is a prime example of this, and as such he'll be given an Unsportsmanlike Conduct infraction for his actions.

Standings after week 3

Jumpluffs
| 5 | (2-0-1) | (14-9)
Stoutlands | 3 | (1-1-1) | (12-10)
Blametruths | 3 | (1-1-1) | (12-12)
Marowaks | 3 | (1-1-1) | (11-12)
Fridges | 2 | (0-1-2) | (11-13)
Gastlys | 2 | (1-2-0) | (9-13)

Standings after week 4

Stoutlands
| 5 | (2-1-1) | (18-12)
Jumpluffs | 5 | (2-1-1) | (15-14)
Gastlys | 4 | (2-2-0) | (14-14)
Blametruths | 4 | (1-1-2) | (16-16)
Marowaks | 4 | (1-1-2) | (15-16)
Fridges | 2 | (0-2-2) | (13-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)