puppies itt

[22:27:31] +unfixable: i'ma make the title
[22:27:33] +unfixable: "puppies itc"
[22:27:37] +unfixable: that'll grab peoples attention
[22:28:15] ~Eevee General: lol oh okay

Hey! So you've probably clicked on this thread because you like puppies. Or because you're fascinated. Either way, I've caught your attention! Basically, Other Metagames are looking for more articles to be posted with Smogon's Flying Press. This post is to call for all potential writers who are interested in possibly working alongside us to help produce more and more content to inform the userbase more about our subforum. Here's how to get started!

Firstly, read this thread to learn more about The Flying Press, since some of you may be unfamiliar with it. The basic rundown is that it's a service for Smogon in which users write articles about any subject they'd like, then it goes through some editing and tidying up, and it's posted on the site for all to read. Now before you jump in, I highly recommend taking a look over antemortem's thread in which he details how article submission and writing should go; you can find that over here. After you've read through this thread, you should be in the know about how to write an article! If you've got an idea, feel free to post it in this subforum for approval from the moderation team. From here, you'll be granted access to the behind the scenes subforum of the Media HQ. Once given access, you can get to work! Most threads start in a WIP state, but you can post fully written articles if you'd like. If you've written an analysis, this next portion should come naturally to you. Your thread is placed into a QC stage, where it is checked for quality and accuracy of information. Then, it's checked by the Grammar Prose to make sure that it's nice and written properly. Finally, it's HTMLed to be placed on site! Some articles also receive art too. And ta-da, your article is posted! After it's posted, I will post it in this thread to gain exposure from the OM community.

Now, if you're not into writing, there are plenty of other ways you can contribute. Firstly, you can apply to be on the HTML team or even to be an approved artist! These are just two outlets, but you can also PM me with your ideas, and we can post them in this thread for others who would like to write, do so.

Here are a few ideas to get you started on content we're looking for. An article about...
  1. Pet Mods. Show us the ins and the outs of the subforum!
  2. The OMGS. Tell the reader what's going on in the tournament scene!
  3. Viability Rankings. Readers do need to know what's relevant!
  4. Introductions to various metagames. It's always great to have a guide!
  5. Seasonal Ladders. These are always fun to read!
Here's a few examples of articles already written as well.
  1. OM Spotlight: Spe-Neutrality by unfixable
  2. OM Spotlight #2: Same Type Stealth Rock by unfixable
  3. What Not to Run in the STABmons Metagame by unfixable
  4. STABmons Changes in ORAS by unfixable and asterat
  5. Move Donors: Giving the Gift of Life in STABmons by Eevee General
The quality and content in these articles are exactly what we're looking for.

With that, I hope you enjoyed this read, and i hope you'll enjoy writing even more! Thanks guys.

From a personal experience, I can tell you that writing articles is fun. I have written one with Articuno I and I'm looking forward writing more about OMs. So grab your pens and let the ink meet the paper it will be a good experience!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I wouldn't mind doing an article on Mega Rayquaza since I am already doing it's analysis. Megazard we can do it together, since you know a lot about it as well lol.

Reactions: Mq

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
unfixable Would we be able to do like Pokemon spotlight articles for certain metagames like this: http://www.smogon.com/articles/nu-spotlight-samurott

But say for Hoopa Unbound in Monotype?
From a personal experience, I can tell you that writing articles is fun. I have written one with Articuno I and I'm looking forward writing more about OMs. So grab your pens and let the ink meet the paper it will be a good experience!
Twix, talk with DEG, DoW, and I about this (just start a pm here on smogon). We've been planning a number of monotype articles and would love the help.

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
yeah ill write something on 1v1 if dats ok? helpfulness go!

ill do something on 1v1 suspect test. if its approved that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering doing an article on Mix and Mega now... It's a really unexplored meta(even though it got OMoTM) due to all of the possible options. It's just so much fun, and other veterans of the meta can vouch for it.

I'd be glad if someone else wanted to help though, I've been called a decently talented writer, but someone to proofread and make sure the article's interesting would be appreciated.

I suppose I can write something on Balanced Hackmons. Perhaps a teambuilding 101 article or something of that nature? I'm open to collaborating with someone who is competent in the metagame.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I wouldnt mind doing an article on Threats in OU and how they are just as threatening in various OMs. But not until February. I would also appreciate help.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You guys know you submit articles for approval here right? There've been like 6 posts about articles people will write but nobody's actually submitted anything

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
tl;dr write articles or be at the mercy of TI's almighty

edit so this isn't a shitpost: I might contribute at some point when I have more free time. It'd be good to write an article that talks about how fun less popular OMs which aren't always on the first page can be and the best way to try and get into smaller OMs.

tl;dr write articles or be at the mercy of TI's almighty

edit so this isn't a shitpost: I might contribute at some point when I have more free time. It'd be good to write an article that talks about how fun less popular OMs which aren't always on the first page can be and the best way to try and get into smaller OMs.
Hey, that's great, but it's already being done. It's called the 'OM Spotlight'.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh damn. I legit forgot that existed lol. W/e I'll think of something at some point if I remember. I've been wanting to write an article for a while anyway so I'm sure I'll think of something closer to the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)