Status
Not open for further replies.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Idea stolen from my boi KrazyCake
Approved by Anty

Building Deadline: January 10

How to join: So, I'm pretty sure that most of you know what the concept of Secret Santa is, it's basically anonymous gift giving; in our case all the gifts are all replaced with pokemon teams, think of it as a Teambuilding Workshop only everyone asks for and contributes teams, and it's all anonymous! If you'd like to join in on the fun, make sure to send me a private message on smogon writing about what core you'd like somebody to build around. Please feel free to drop a post saying anything here in this thread to let others know that you will be participating, just remember if you don't sent me that PM I'll pretend you don't exist! Sending in a request also means that you'll be building around someone else's core as well, so please don't sign up if you're not going to actually be able to finish the team, because you're just making things less enjoyable for others as well as making things more difficult for me. So please, don't do that! Anyways, once we reach the sign up deadline you'll get a PM from me containing the core you'll need to build around, which upon completion you'll need to send back to me. Yup, it's as simple as that!
General Rules:

-The request/finished team must be sent via forum PM to me,Broken Phobias-Letting me know on Discord/IRC/ won't do the trick!
-Do NOT tell anybody what request you got, or what request you sent - Please don't do this it's called Secret Santa for a reason
-You may change your request at any time, until sign ups deadline - So you don't have to tear your hair out thinking of something. However, Once the deadline for sign ups has transpired, it'll be too late for any changes!
-Get your team done!!! - As I've already said, don't join if you can't actually finish your team in time. there is someone else trying hard to finish the the team that you have requested, so try to respect their effort as well as the person whose request you received.

If you want to be really awesome and cover up for any stupid slackers feel free to send me a PM!

Just so everyone knows a core is made up 2-3 Pokemon no more than that though.

And please don't be afraid to join in, if you don't think your team building skills are good enough, I'm always there to help, so send me updates when you feel like it.

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers
2 Days left to Sign Up

I am currently missing cores from:

Last edited:

BP

Beers and Steers

Signups are over and I have PM'd everyone their cores to build around. Once you have finished building your said team reply below and make sure to tag who its for.
Conor3197 Submitted
InfernoMonferno Submitted
Boyeraj17 Submitted
ManOfMany Submitted
iRebel
The Jungle Fox Submitted
PokemonmasterTj Submitted
Paraplegic Submitted
EnemyJurist Submitted
pancake Submitted
Taskr Submitted
RivalET Submitted
Grim Submitted
Lord Sample Team Submitted
Plans Submitted
obii Submitted
Akir Submitted
Megazard Submitted

You must submit teams by January 10th or we will all be sad :(

When Doing so you need the following: an Importable Version, a Brief description, and at least 1 replay Showcasing the team.

Have Fun Building!!!

Last edited:
Paraplegic

VolBEATDOWN (Volbeat) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sunny Day
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Encore

LeafEONS (Leafeon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

CAMELrupt (Camerupt) @ Charcoal
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

OnixPECTED (Onix) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunny Day
- Taunt
- Explosion

CHAINSAWSbuck (Sawsbuck) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Double-Edge
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Swords Dance

GrumPIGGY (Grumpig) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

First member of the given core. Since it's partner was Leafeon, the obvious route was a sun-setting Volbeat. If you want to know what the set does, check the Volbeat analysis.

Second member of the given core. I decided to go with a sweeping sun Leafeon. Adamant is used because the speed doesn't matter under sun, and it's really strong with 110 base attack, Life Orb, and Swords Dance.

Sun teams took a big hit when Muk entered the tier, as it walls all of the special Chlorophyll Pokemon PU has access to. As such, any special sun abusers need to be able to hit Muk really hard. Camerupt does just that. I decided to go with Charcoal instead of Choice Specs for Camerupt because it can catch opponents off guard very easily. Modest with max special attack is to hit extremely hard with Eruption, and max speed is to outpace defensive mons that Eruption eats alive, especially under sun.
IN SUN:
252+ SpA Charcoal Camerupt Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Audino: 331-391 (80.7 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Charcoal Camerupt Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Muk: 301-355 (72.7 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ SpA Camerupt Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chinchou: 188-224 (53.1 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You can use Choice Specs if you want (or something like Expert Belt, I guess), but Charcoal is what I most recommend.

The team needed a secondary sun setter and Stealth Rocks. Onix fulfilled both of these qualities, with a fast Taunt to boot. This is typically your lead. Set up rocks, set up sun, Taunt on predicted status moves, and click Explosion once it's job is done.

The team needed another sun abuser, and as I said earlier, special sun abusers don't do well right now (unless you want to restructure the team around Trapinch (for Muk)+special sun sweepers (which admittedly could work.)) Sawsbuck also hits hard with Swords Dance and Life Orb. I've made this Sawsbuck Jolly to outspeed more Pokemon outside of sun.

After all of this, I realized the team got 6-0ed by Combusken, so I added fast Grumpig to check it. It's Taunt+3 attacks Grumpig, which can help keep Stealth Rocks up on their side and off your side.

the team is sun hyper offense, you can't switch into everything. you have to make doubles and keep your rocks up with offensive pressure and your mons with taunt.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-505458141 save leafeon for sucker punch users, its very physically bulky
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-505473700 be good at landing fire blasts and you'll do fine

merry christmas!

Last edited:
Hi Grim, here's the team:

Crustle @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Memento

Huntail @ White Herb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Beam

Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Monferno @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Memento Jumpluff + Huntail is a pretty cool core since they have nice offensive and defensive synergy while jumpluff can create set up opportunities for huntail and simultaneously bother offense. The first thing I thought of was spikes because Huntail is a relatively weak mon, even with shell smash boosts so having pretty much everything worn down is nice. Looking thru the spikers in the tier, i only liked crustle since it compressed rocks+spikes in 1 team slot and doesnt struggle in getting them up. After I added crustle, I knew the team was gonna be hyper offense so i had 2 goals in mind: mons that could take advantage of spikes and mons that can pressure defoggers like lumi, peli, vullaby and removers like cryo while maintaining some semblance of defensive synergy to handle big threats to offense (like stoutland or floatzel). Mawile was the first mon i added because with spikes, it can run thru offense with +2 sucker and even break down bulkier teams. It even sets up freely on somethin like vullaby or cryo. The next mon i added was zebstrika bc it acted as a form of speed control and offensive float check while threatening lumi and peli. It's just a mon that excels vs bulky offense and spikes exacerbates that match up. Last mon is monferno bc offensive mawile is a terrible stoutland answer so i wanted something that could outspeed and okho or revenge it.

Due to the nature of offense, you dont have switch ins to some things but you can obviously play around that by pressuring the opponent and making intelligent sacks. In terms of defensive threats, bronzor is pretty annoying so you could try to fit knock off on mawile to lure it. Honestly, the way id play vs it is trade toxic on one of the set uppers for damage so its less annoying in the long run. Something else ive considered is np monferno with vacuum wave, fire blast, filler (hp ice or focus blast).

Overall, the interaction between crustle, jumpluff, and the set uppers means you can outplay nearly any match up but the nature of ho means you often have to play perfectly or near perfectly. Cool jumpluff set. Hope you enjoy the team

Happy holidays everyone

Hey Akir I've made your team!

Chatot @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Golem @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- U-turn

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

The Chatot/Mr. Mime core screamed Offense so I decided to go the Normal Spam route and add Ursaring to the team. Ursaring provides great synergy with Chatot/Mr. Mime being able to weaken Normal Checks for Chatot and can also be healing wished up by Mime. I decided to go with Scarf Chatot and Specs Mime because I feel like Chatot is better at cleaning but they can easily be swapped around, also Shadow Ball on Mr. Mime helps you lure Bronzor and Metang who are two popular counters to normal spam. Next I added Golem as the rocker because it is a good electric check being able to switch into Electrode especially who is immune to Boomburst. Lumineon is your water resist that offers Defog support for Chatot and is also a good pivot to bring in your threats. Lastly I rounded the team off with Monferno because I needed something that check Grass types and I wanted another breaker in the squad. I hope you like your team! the sets are very flexible so you can change whatever you see fit e.g. FB Mime, Golem, LO/Jolly Monferno.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
I had a lot of fun building this team for InfernoMonferno. Enjoy!

So I was received a core of Calm Mind Clefairy + A trapper of my choice. Clefairy was a Fairy type; Magnet Pull eliminates one of its 2 weaknesses; It's obvious I chose Magnemite Probopass. EDIT: (If you were wondering, the 92 Speed are to outspeed and 2HKO Metang)

clefairy.png 250px-476Probopass.png

Next, any good team that had Magnet Pull Probopass needs a Muk to go with it. I choice AV Muk over CroMuk because A. I am not a fan of CroMuk personally B. This team would eventually need Fire coverage and priority C. Specially Defensive Muk pairs of well with Calm Mind Clefairy, which is usually Physically Defensive.

muk2.png

It was at this point here that I was stuck. I didn't know if InfernoMonferno wanted more of an Offensive team, a Balance team, or a Defensive team. I did know, however, that hazard control would be necessary. I also knew I needed it to have a Ground immunity to help Muk and Probopass after his Air Balloon popped. I went with my gut feeling to build a more Offensive team, and chose Swanna as it's by far the best Offensive Defogger in PU.

swanna.jpg

At this point I needed 2 electric resists for Swanna that kept up the Offensive momentum I wanted to have, so I chose Scarf Rotom and Offensive Cleric Leafeon. However, this would be later changed to Will-o Rotom to keep Arbok at bay from sweeping my team, and Scarf Leafeon, which could actually outspeed Huntail at +2 and could tank a Sucker Punch unlike Rotom which could do neither.

rotom.jpg 470-Leafeon.png

Overall, I'm really happy how this team turned out. I'm always looking for suggestions to make any team better. I hope you can use this team to your advantage InfernoMonferno!

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-505929161

clefairy.png 250px-476Probopass.png muk2.png swanna.jpg rotom.jpg 470-Leafeon.png

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Blizzard

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Frustration
- Baton Pass

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
hey Lord Sample Team! got your team for you :>

Camerupt @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Leafeon @ Yache Berry
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Natural Gift / Synthesis

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 236 HP / 224 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Defog
- Toxic

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 248 Def / 60 Spe
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Baton Pass

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Unfortunately, now that we banned Quag, Specs Camel isn't the monster that it was before. However, it can still effectively break as it gets free switches on stuff like Vullaby and Mawile... which Leafeon conveniently baits in. Natural Gift Leafeon is for Altaria, even though it'll be less common now it is still good and is one of the better Camerupt checks. You can also run Synthesis or even Return in that last slot, depending on whether you are having trouble with Altaria / Golem / Monferno. Lumineon provides its regular role compression; Water-type check, Defog, Cacturne Check, Monferno soft check. Next Camerupt really loves Healing Wish and Mr. Mime is actually just the perfect partner for it so yeah. I also needed a Choice Scarf user. Mawile is there to stop Stoutland and Muk, and Grumpig is there to help with the Monferno and Combusken matchups as well as be a win condition that baits in Vullaby. Doubling into Camel is vital with this team because that is the best way that it can break.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-505676743 Camerupt gets a free switch-in on Vullaby and bop.

Have a bonus team that I made when I thought the other team sucked. It's kind of a meme and is EXTREMELY matchup based, but in a metagame that favors offense I think it's pretty good.

Carbink @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Magic Coat

Camerupt @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Encore
- Wish

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Armaldo (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Armor
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-505745274 don't get iron head flinched and you're good. too lazy to go through building process on this one because it's a meme / extra, but have fun man :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)